Start by marking “The Survivors” as Want to Read:
The Survivors

The Survivors

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  38 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
When seven strangers impossibly survive a horrific airplane crash, they find themselves changed in remarkable ways. The survivors are endowed with powers that defy explanation. Some are blessed. Some are cursed.

Going their separate ways, they adapt their extraordinary "gifts" to their ordinary lives. The results, however, aren't always pretty -- particularly when one of t
Published June 17th 2013 by Daniel Harvell

To ask other readers questions about The Survivors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Survivors

Brian
Jul 12, 2013 Brian rated it really liked it
Though this may not be a typical genre that I would read, I have to admit that I quite enjoyed The Survivors. The plot was fast-paced enough to make me turn pages and want to read another chapter before bed. Chapters moved fast, as well, so it was delightful to pick up when I had a few spare minutes.

Throughout the plot, you really are wondering along with the characters what is truly going on - and just when you think you have an idea, it turns out that you're wrong - and for good reason.

The aut
Nikki Bennett
Aug 01, 2013 Nikki Bennett rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It has a few things going for it: it’s gripping, it keeps you guessing right up until the end, the characters are empathetic, even the bad guys, and they’re believable. I liked every one of them by the end, even the jerk Dale, who had the funniest lines in the story (in one way he was the slimiest character, but he ended up being the best comic relief part of the story.)

This is not just a story about people who find they have supernatural powers; it is a book about human int
Michael Coorlim
Jun 28, 2013 Michael Coorlim rated it liked it
I obtained a copy of The Survivors from the author. This review contains no spoilers.

The Survivors is a superhero thriller about the survivors of a horrific plane crash who discover that they possess mysterious powers and an even more mysterious connection. When one of them goes on a killing spree, the others can tell — though not which one of them it is, and they all suspect one another.

It’s an interesting set-up and a compelling story, particularly if you were a fan of shows such as Heroes or
Brittany
Oct 02, 2013 Brittany rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, free
I actually really liked this. It's a familiar premise- after a tragic accident, some people walk away with newfound powers and struggle to cope/contain them. They must band together to avoid being murdered by a mysterious other, also with powers.

For a free book, it was incredibly well-written, the characters were easy to relate to, and the plot actually kept me interested.
Greg
Aug 12, 2013 Greg rated it did not like it
Survivors of a plane crash develop superhuman powers, which they use to defeat another superhuman being. Very amateurish, poorly written, poor word crafting, plot holes galore, inconsistencies, etc. it was better than having nothing at all to do on a bus, but barely. Actually, in retrospect, probably not.
Scot Maitland
Jul 24, 2013 Scot Maitland rated it really liked it
Great summer read. Fast paced, action packed and a real page turner. I didn't see the surprises coming which was a nice surprise. Character dialogue was a little rough at times and forced, but a great effort for a first novel.
Alphonso Torres
Jul 27, 2014 Alphonso Torres rated it it was amazing
Great and interesting book.

I enjoyed this book a little too much, it was really interesting and fun. I would enjoy a sequel. the powers were fun as well.
Cynthia Cirrincione
Aug 01, 2013 Cynthia Cirrincione rated it it was amazing
I REALLY enjoyed this book. The characters were compelling, the storyline moved right along. Looking forward to reading more of this author.
Autumn
Sep 02, 2013 Autumn rated it liked it
3.5 really. Check out my full review...

Alisa
Sep 26, 2013 Alisa rated it really liked it
This could still use a bit more editing/rewriting, but the plot kept me interested and I found the premise original.
Maryalice
Nov 19, 2014 Maryalice rated it it was amazing
The author gave me this book with the request that if I liked it to leave a review. Yes I liked it. Who do it books aren't my favorite, but this book grabbed me and kept me up past my bed time. At the beginning they tell you one of the survivors did it. As we met the survivors, I liked them, well all but one. All had things that pointed to them being the killer, but they were likable, the one that wasn't very nice had the weakest case against him. I never saw the ending coming
Ricky Kimsey
Oct 27, 2015 Ricky Kimsey rated it it was amazing
Psychic Survivors

Survivors of a plane crash gain psychic powers and team up to fight a powerful villain. This novel vaguely resembles a comic series from the 1950s called Challengers of The Unknown about survivors of a plane crash who band together to fight evil. With psychic element it also resembles the popular X-Men series.
Chrissy
Mar 21, 2014 Chrissy rated it really liked it
A great thriller. I kept trying to guess who the killer was! The end was bit confusing and somewhat cliche but overall a great read. It kept me entertained! :D
Lindsey Green
Sep 01, 2013 Lindsey Green rated it it was ok
The overall premise was interesting and I kept reading because I wanted to find out who the killer was...but the writing made it tough to get through the book. The writing and dialogue were extremely awkward throughout. The dialogue was particularly distracting because I just couldn't see real people speaking the way they did. With some polished writing, I think this could have been a much more enjoyable read.
Tom
Tom rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Melinda Gray
Melinda Gray marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Bri
Bri marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Autumn
Autumn marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Cheekylala_kindle
Cheekylala_kindle marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Jane Doe
Jane Doe marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Russ Holthaus
Russ Holthaus rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Angie ☯
Angie ☯ marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2015
Dorothy
Dorothy marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Mary Russel
Mary Russel rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2015
Helene
Helene rated it it was ok
Mar 30, 2015
Joana Arteaga
Joana Arteaga marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
You write one short story at the age of 10 about a pit on the moon laden with poisonous hamburgers, and suddenly you’re an author. That’s the way I saw it when “Murder on the Moon” became an instant hit with my fourth-grade classmates. I’d always been a voracious reader, but upon sharing my little yarn with my friends, I suddenly realized the freedom (and power!) of becoming the storyteller. Over ...more
More about Daniel Harvell...