Start by marking “They Always Leave” as Want to Read:
They Always Leave

They Always Leave

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating Details ·  5 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
If Bukowski and Flannery O'Connor would have had a child and read it only Raymond Carver for his bedtime stories, then this collection would have been the result. Dark and relevant to this detached generation, They Always Leave shows us the inevitability of everyone we know leaving us in some manner and the tragic comedy of human actions that comes along with it. In the se ...more
Published May 7th 2013 by Allweareis Publishing

To ask other readers questions about They Always Leave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about They Always Leave

Roof Alexander
Jul 22, 2013 Roof Alexander rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I loved it, but then again, I wrote it. If you just had someone leave you then the therapy is in these words. Bleak with a single ray of hope coming through.
Alisha
Nov 07, 2016 Alisha rated it it was amazing
Sure, they always leave, but what theme shines brighter in this series of short stories is being content with your imperfections. I enjoyed the implied endings that lead to reader interpretation allowing our imaginations to run wild. Personal favorite is Resilience (page 106).
Elizabeth
Jul 31, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Read it three times! So dang good every time. Check out the short 'Empty Pockets' Brilliant!
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2015
Terry
Terry rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2013
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Leroof
Leroof marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Breanne
Breanne marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2016
Roof Alexander is an American novelist and short story writer that calls Brooklyn his home.
His latest novel is, THE PRESENT IMMORTALITY, a story of love and death on the road of America.

More about Roof Alexander...