Start by marking “Somebody to Love” as Want to Read:
Somebody to Love

Somebody to Love (Cupid, Texas #3)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  634 ratings  ·  113 reviews
New York Times bestselling author Lori Wilde invites you back to Cupid, Texas, where love is only a heartbeat away . . .

Sexy cowboy-scholar Jericho Chance always knows exactly what he wants and how to get it. And after sauntering back home to Cupid, he’s shocked to discover that he wants Zoe McCleary. After years from home, he takes one new look at his bubbly best friend,
Published December 31st 2013 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Somebody to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Somebody to Love

Julie Barrett
Somebody to Love by Lori Wilde
Walter McCleary has gotten his book about the town of Cupid, TX on the bestseller list and now there is talk of making a movie.
Zoey and her sister Natalie were raised by other relatives in town when their parents had died. Now that Zoey is 24 the woman talk of everything she's ever done growing up and just know that taking care of a cat is something she will also lose interest in.
Her best friend Jericho part Indian has just broken up with his latest and they are bes
Mary Chen *Nulla in mundo pax sincera*
This is my first book by Lori Wilde, and I definitely want to get to know the other cowboys from Cupid as well. As a fan of the friends-to-lovers trope, I enjoyed every step of Zoe and Jericho's path to a happily-ever-after -- from Zoe's frightful realization of having fallen in love with her best friend, to Jericho's determination to keep Zoe in her rightful place by his side, every scene was fun and interesting to read.

The plot is as it is in the blurb, but the magic is in reuniting two frien
Susan
Very good book. Jericho has returned to Cupid to apply for his dream job at a local university. He ran into some trouble during his last job and he needs this one to help repair his reputation. He's happy to see his best friend Zoe, but something has changed in the way he looks at her. Zoe has always been a free spirit, bouncing from thing to thing and man to man, and Jericho has been the one constant in her life. Her feelings for him have been changing, but she's not sure she wants to risk thei ...more
Kathleen
When Jericho Chance finds his best friend Zoey under the hood of her van, he's not feeling those feelings of their long friendship, but he is hit with pangs of passion he now knows that he can't hide any longer. He must tell her how he feels, but Zoey is battling her own feelings of passion and love for her BFF and wants to have a life that she has been dreaming of, only she just realizes what she wants.
Now when they have brought this passion for one another into the open, road blocks go up all
Gail
I was sent this book by the author for my honest review. I had a hard time getting into this book. I usually love all of Lori Wilde's books but for me this book wouldn't hold my interest. It is a friends to lover story and I did love the ending. Maybe it is because I find archeology boring and I had problems getting thru the book this time.
Straight Shootin' Book Reviews
3.5 very fun stars!
This is a fun and lighthearted friends to lovers story. There was a mystery aspect to it with a heavy dose of archaeology thrown in! I enjoyed the build up between Jericho and Zoey, they have been lifelong friends and Zoey loved Jericho for awhile. Jericho has finally realized he wants Zoey as more than a friend. Reading about them trying to dance around their feelings for each other was entertaining.
Review on blog 1/16/14

Straight Shootin' Book Reviews
Copy for review provided
Ann  Lorz
This is another heartwarming story from Lori Wilde. She brings you back to Cupid Texas and this time we get to learn so much more about Zoey McCleary. In the past books you see how her family really feels like she needs to grow up but I don't really thing they knew the real Zoey. They took her at face value and never looked deeper. Jericho Chance is the right guys for her. He sees the real Zoey. They are the perfect example of opposites attract. This is the perfect books to curl up with on these ...more
BookJunkyGirls
4.5 Stars
Jericho is back in town trying to get his dream job at the college, what he wasn't expecting was the feelings he's has supressed for his best friend for years to boil over and make themselves knows like never before.

Zoey is considered flakey, just because she can't decide on a career, or a boyfriend. Growing up in Cupid she belived her love would be instant and at first sight not come creaping for her best friend. But now is their time to maybe see where things are going. Right? With h
Margaret
Zoey has never been committed to anything. She always gave up or quit things that never held her interest. She was what people would call a “free bird”. Jericho is her best friend, and someone she has always had constant in her life. He was the one person who was always there for her when she needed hm. When he came back to town it was for good. Zoey was told that she needed to get her life in order. So she decided to continue her education, that also meant being with Jericho as her teacher.
J
Jenny
I love Lori's Cupid, Texas books!

This is the story of Jericho and Zoey, best friends since childhood, discovering they have feelings for each other.

In the beginning, both Jericho and Zoey keep their romantic feelings for each other a secret fearing they might ruin their friendship. Once they let each other know that they want to be more than friends, Jericho starts a teaching position at the local university. Zoey has to take his class in order to continue with her archeology studies. They dec
Blushing Reader

Sizzling Heat!

**You can read Somebody to Love as a stand alone book an enjoy the story without feeling like you are missing anything. Lori Wilde does a great job making the reader feel right at home in Cupid. You don't NEED to read the other books in the series, but it would probably be a great visit back to Cupid, Texas when you have time.**

Somebody to Love was another sweet addition to the Cupid, Texas series. Jericho and Zoey's story was like reading Indiana Jones if Indiana Jones was a
The Window Seat
I have never read Lori Wilde before and this is the third installment of the series. I enjoyed this heartwarming story and I always love the friends who turn into more story lines. However, I did feel like I was missing something by not reading the first two in the series. Even though I felt a bit lost in the beginning I can’t wait to read more of this series.

Zoey McCleary and Jericho Chance have been friends since childhood. Even though he was four years older than her they have been best frien
Lover of Romance
Jericho and Zoe have been best friends since they were children, but when Jericho comes back to town for a job, things start to escalate more than friendship. The last thing that Jericho wishes to do is ruin their friendship, but for quite some time he has been in love with Zoe. Zoe has decided that after having multiple career changes, she has finally decided on being a Archaeologist. However the guardian in charge of her trust fund has told her she can't just quit, she has to see it through. I ...more
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
My Review:
5.0 Star Review - Somebody To Love

I recommend this book.

I enjoyed this book by Lori. This book sweet romance, laughs, heartache, and mystery.

Jericho is back in town after being away for three years. He has missed his best friend Zoe while he was gone. They kept in touch but it's just not the same as seeing her in person.

Zoe has feelings for Jericho ever since she can remember but knows that he just wants to be friends after one night when she kissed him and he didn't kiss her back.

Whe
Julie
Somebody to Love by Lori Wilde is a December 2013 Avon publishing release. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Edelweiss and Lori's Review Crew in exchange for an honest review.

Cupid is town steeped in romantic legends. Zoey and Jericho have grown up together. Jericho is a few years old than Zoey, making it easy to maintain a platonic friendship all these years. However, the two had a moment when the scales might have tipped in the other direction. They righted themselves and
A Tasty Read Book Reviews
Is it only me...or does the Cupide Texas Series just keep getting better and better!?

Firstly, can we just say...Hellloooooo Jericho!! As a huge fan of "Friends to Lovers" romances, and a HUGE fan of Lori Wilde romances (after the Jubilee Texas Series, which I am currently re-reading my love Joe Daniels in THE COWBOY TAKES A BRIDE), I absolutely enjoyed every moment of SOMEBODY TO LOVE, book three in the Cupid, Texas Series.

The suspense aspect was a fun addition to the story and certainly keeps
Sharlene
This book was done in my favorite trope - friends to lovers. Flighty Zoey, the sister of Natalie from All Out of Love, and her "best friend" Jericho, reunite after a few years. They have been friends since childhood, and obviously the attraction has been there, but they have been afraid to act on it. Now, they are in temporary position of professor & student, and Jericho's job is on the line if they get involved. Jericho is supervising an archeological dig with Zoey other students. Besides t ...more
Dee
Two-haiku review:

She's young and flighty
They've been best friends forever
Now want each other

I skimmed through a lot
Archaeological stuff
And too much thinking
Skyler Donaldson
2.5/5
I will never begin to understand these flighty annoying female leads. Jericho was a great, well-rounded character. Zoey? She was insufferable. I understand that her character was meant to be flighty but it was overdone and she came off as more annoying than not. Four weeks, they had to wait four weeks to do the do and she couldn't handle that, even though his job and her trust was at stake. I get it, sex between friends is awesome. Yes it's a book so there's meant to be that tension but thi
Shonna Froebel
I decided to start my mini-vacation with a light read and picked up this romance. It is part of a series that takes place in the town of Cupid, Texas.
Here we have Zoey McCleary, a young woman known for her impetuousness. Zoey's longtime best friend Jericho Chance is back in town after finishing his PhD in archeology and she finds that suddenly she has an attraction to him that goes beyond friendship. However, Zoey is also studying archeology and student teacher relationships are definitely frown
Linda
Ditsy Zoey McCleary thought that settling down was a waste of time as she went from one man to the next when they no longer held her attention. Since her mom and dad died in a accident and she was not injured but her older sister was not as lucky, she watched as she went through pain. The only thing constant in her life was her best friend Jericho Chance. Here she was answering love letters to Cupid and giving advice when she was single and alone! Would she ever find someone to love?

Jericho Chan
Debbielynn
I wanted to love "Somebody To Love" but I couldn't. Wilde's created a substantive, sexy scholar in Jericho Chance, the main man. But Dr. Chances longtime best friend, Zoey McCleary, bored and irritated me. I spent most of my reading time rolling my eyes and hoping we'd be given some reason to become invested in her. Never happened. Please write a romance novel with a woman who isn't clueless, silly or self-absorbed. Through Jericho's voice, Wilde repeatedly tries to convince readers that Zoey is ...more
Nikki Barrett
I am in love with the small town of Cupid, Texas! I love the feeling I get when I drive into one of these books. Well, any Lori Wilde book, really. Somebody to Love dives in with Zoe and Jericho, and what a story! These two have been friends for years, ever since they were younger. Their feelings are changing, but of course there are a few obstacles in the way.

Zoe is impulsive and at times, reckless. Love her! She's got spunk and while she may not always know what she wants, she has a bit of f
Nikki Anne
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Rating: 5

This is definitely not my first book from Lori Wilde, and it won't be my last by any means.

This is my absolute FAVORITE story line -- friends to lovers. There is nothing better than falling in love with your best friend -- Zoe and Jericho will not disappoint you. Love is never easy. If it were, our books would be a few pages long.

I am a fan of both Zoe and Jericho. Right from the beginning I felt for Zoe because I feel like I have be
Catherine Edwards
We’re all just looking for somebody to love, more specifically, that special somebody to love. This is a story about that person being someone you’ve known your entire life and the transition from best friend to lover and partner. The hero and heroine in this story are extremely likable, but far from perfect. Part of what makes them so likeable is the fact that some of the sub characters are a bit less than likeable. The two main characters have flaws and the author makes no attempt to hide them ...more
Victoria Rainey
Somebody to Love is the third book in the Cupid, Texas series by Lorie Wilde. Jericho Chance is a sexy cowboy turn scholar. He knows what he wants from life and how he is going to get it. The only thing that throws him off is how much he wants his best friend Zoe McCleary. Jericho biggest issue with Zoe is she does not commit to anything.

Zoe McCleary says and does whatever pops into her head. She is still in school because she has changed her major multiple time. She is at a point the guardian
Brooke
Somebody to Love is the third of Lori's Cupid, Texas series, though the legend of Cupid didn't seem to play as big a part in this story as in the others. Jericho and Zoey have been best friends since they were kids. Now 24, Zoey is still struggling to find her niche in life, while her friends and family think she's just flighty and immature. Inspired in part by Jericho, Zoey has changed her major to archaeology, but will she stick with it?

Jericho is back in town after years away, and now that Zo
Crystal
I received a copy of this book in place of an honest review.

Zoe McClearly is a woman that never sticks to one thing for long. She is flighty and she can really talk your ear off. You never know what she is going to do or say next. The only thing that has been a constant in her life is Jericho Chance. The only thing is she hasn't seen him in three years and she remembers the last time she saw him. She gave in to her desires and gave him a kiss. She knows to not do that anymore. If only someone c
Bette Hansen
We are back in Cupid, Texas in this adventure packed story! Zoey and lifelong best friend Jericho are working together on an archaeological dig. This is a fun story packed full of adventure and mystery and of course romance. Great characters and a fast paced story make this one a must read.
Linda
An enjoyable book in the Cupid, Texas series.

Zoey McCleary is related to the founders of Cupid, Texas and was proud of her lineage. That is, until she found out the truth about one of her ancestors. This ancestor had stolen agave plants that were used to cure influenza from the Indian peoples. The theft resulted in the deaths of the Indians but the white settlers were saved.

Zoey also discovered that she felt more than friendship for her old friend Jericho Chance. He was the instructor on the di
  • The Cowboy of Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #3)
  • The Trouble With Sexy
  • The Wedding Gift (Save the Date, #3.5)
  • The Devilish Mr. Danvers (The Rakes of Fallow Hall, #2)
  • Sinful Rewards 6: A Billionaires and Bikers Novella
  • Running Hot
  • In the Mood for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #4)
  • Taking Heart (Healing Harts, #2)
  • Sweetest Mistake (Sweet, Texas, #2)
  • Catching Cameron (Love and Football, #3)
  • Once Upon a Highland Christmas (Once Upon a Highland Season, #3)
  • Love Me If You Dare (Coral Cove, #2)
  • Lady Sarah's Sinful Desires (Secrets at Thorncliff Manor, #1)
  • The Night Belongs to Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #6)
  • Last First Kiss (Brightwater, #1)
  • Perfect Together (Serendipity's Finest, #3)
Lori Wilde can’t remember a time when she didn’t want to write. She even went to nursing school so she could have a schedule flexible enough to allow her to write on the side. She nursed for 20 years, working in a variety of settings from the newborn nursery to the recovery room, to dialysis. But she never lost her desire to write.

She sold her first book in 1994 to Silhouette Romance but later dis
More about Lori Wilde...

Cupid, Texas (5 books)
  • One True Love (Cupid, Texas, #0.5)
  • Love at First Sight (Cupid, Texas, #1)
  • All Out of Love (Cupid, Texas, #2)
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
The Cowboy Takes a Bride (Jubilee, Texas, #1) The First Love Cookie Club (Twilight, Texas, #3) The Sweethearts' Knitting Club (Twilight, Texas, #1) A Cowboy for Christmas (Jubilee, Texas, #3) The Cowboy and the Princess (Jubilee, Texas, #2)