Start by marking “Worth the Fight (MMA Fighter, #1)” as Want to Read:
Worth the Fight (MMA Fighter, #1)

Worth the Fight (MMA Fighter #1)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  17,758 Ratings  ·  1,258 Reviews
It didn’t matter that the ref called it a clean hit. Nico Hunter would never be the same.

Elle has a good life. A job she loves, a great apartment, and the guy she’s been dating for more than two years is a catch and a half. But it’s boring…and she strives to keep it that way. Too many emotions are dangerous. Her own past is living proof of what can happen when you lose co
Published October 2nd 2013 (first published September 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Worth the Fight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worth the Fight

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireReal by Katy EvansWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireMine by Katy EvansFighting for Flight by J.B. Salsbury
The Ultimate List of Fighter Romance
9th out of 335 books — 2,279 voters
Panic by J.A. HussSimple Perfection by Abbi GlinesSafe with Me by Kristen ProbyConvicted by Aleatha RomigEverything for Us by M. Leighton
September & October 2013 releases!
29th out of 278 books — 1,146 voters

More lists with this book...

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
1 star.* Review completed October 14, 2013

photo tumblr_mn0vw9QCqX1qffcrao4_500_zps35626da5.gif

photo tumblr_mn0vw9QCqX1qffcrao1_500_zps7447ee87.gif

photo tumblr_mn0vw9QCqX1qffcrao2_500_zpsc1e8cfb3.gif

I have nothing positive to say about this book. Considering the very high average rating and all the gushing four and five-star reviews, I'm extremely disappointed that Worth the Fight didn't live up to my expectations. Do you know what I loved about it though? It's most certainly the premise of the story because I devoured Willing Victim. However, I won't beat around the bush. Nico can't hold a candle to Flynn, hero of Willing Victim. In fact, he seriou
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Hard Hitting Stars

Nico Hunter might just be my kryptonite.

I’m a character in my story, going through the chapters of my life as if it was written by an imaginary person, when I should be the author.

I'm woman enough to admit that what initially drew me to this book was the cover. Shallow of me? Perhaps. But is it so wrong that I just want to lick it? I think not. Then I read this: tattooed, hard-bodied MMA fighter and my inner dirty girl was all
and I knew I was sold. Luckily for me, this b
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤

3,5 STARS

I really enjoyed this story!!! If you are looking for an intense love story THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED!!

“When we met, we were two injured souls. Both keeping the real out of our lives for the fear of what we might find. But nothing could have kept us apart. I never believed in destiny. That was a bunch of crap for people who read too many books. Until I met you. You're it for me, Babe. I didn't even know I was missing something until I found you, but now I don't know how
Jamie
HOW MUCH DID I LOVE THIS ONE???

First, I'm a HUGE MMA fan so I love books with fighters anyway.. but throw in one hot sexy yummylicious fighter named Nico...

OH, is that one pic of my newest book boyfriend not enough? Well... ok, if you insist, here's one more. But don't get too attached. I'm keeping him.. How about just an ab shot?

Ok, put your tongue away..like I said above, he's MINE!

ANYWAY....... back to biznezzz

Nico is fighter.. it's his life and what he loves.. but last year that all chang
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ Hearts Cole, Lucas, Jesse  & James ✝✝

I need a fighter boyfriend!!!!!!!!!!!

photo tumblr_lzrh85k0L21qk8b76o1_500.gif

Nico, come here baby!!

photo tumblr_mdvd0cJl6r1qlxz9yo1_500.gif

Elle is a lawyer living her day to day with a same routine until Nico. Nico has been living with guilt until Elle. And when they meet...

"And when I look in your eyes I see a little flicker......"
"And for the last 24 hours all I could think about was what it would take for me to turn that flicker into a flame"

photo tumblr_mpcflqcnf31rjor92o1_400.gif

Now, NICO sexy, sensual, rough, all man

photo matt-mullins-shirtless-2.jpg

Elle, sexy and smart lawyer

photo 0bb0a37e1afa6c5677e5358c92f79333.jpg

Elle is hiding her past and Nico is hiding from his pas
Paula
Nov 05, 2015 Paula rated it it was amazing

First things first… Nico Hunter! There is nothing like an incredibly sexy alpha, MMA fighter covered in tattoos, that fucks and talks dirty in the bedroom, and fights like Superman in the ring. He’s also a sweet and loving man that cooks and snuggles. You must meet this breathtaking man who stole my heart. I’m on Nico cloud nine! I LOVED everything about this story!

photo nico_zps79a7eae9.jpg

"When we met, we were two injured souls. But keeping the real out of our lives for fear of what we might find. But nothing could h
DKristin
When I first saw the blurb for this and that it was an MMA Fighter book I was sold... I've read some good ones and I've read some bad ones this was a definite 4.25 stars for me because the entire time I was like...

photo yesandyes.gif

Nico is Alpha, and possessive, and he bites, growls, and scents and he also says some really genuine and kind things in between and sometimes during his neanderthal moments. I really liked that unlike in some books there was actual description of training and fights in this one. I thi
Catarina
4 Fighting Stars!

description

Elle lives the apparently perfect life. Beautiful, nice job, nice boyfriend. Nothing exciting happens and her life is just plain and boring. But that’s exactly what she needs in order to have her feelings buried. The capacity of feeling just makes her relive her past… and that’s something she avoids at all costs.
Until the day she meets Nico, MMA fighter, hot as hell, sexy, mysterious… and very interested in her. But not only he has his own ghosts, but he also makes her feel… a
♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
2 stars for Nico and Elle's back story...

I'm not really in the mood for writing a long review for this one. I almost DNF'd the book halfway through. I did manage to finish it but sadly, the book just didn't get better for me.

The Positives

I did find something that I liked about it. Hooray! Yes, I did. I actually liked Nico's back story. MMA fighter who killed his opponent during a fight. Sadly, this part of the story, while I commend the author for attempting to develop something out of it, the
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Oct 14, 2013 Crystal~BIG book addict~ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
4.5 Fighter Stars!

Nico "The Lady Killer" Hunter

I am so there!!

He's hot. He's sweet. He's an MMA fighter. And he even likes to cook!!

He also is very troubled. After a tragic accident in the cage, it has been over a year since he has had an actual fight. His trainer is pushing him to get back in and move on.

Elle

Elle is a lawyer who lives life on the straight and narrow. She likes things safe and uncomplicated. When she meets Nico, she knows he is the exact opposite of what she thinks she needs in
Lili
Oct 11, 2013 Lili rated it really liked it
This is how I felt at the end:
 photo 0002axyf_zps79cb2fc2.gif
This book was great!

Great story line?

Great characters?

I can safely say there were no annoying characters in this story.

Did the story flow well?

Great chemistry between H/h?

These two were smokin'!

Should you go buy and read this book?
 photo tumblr_lzxkzuCkMi1r104on_zps1008c072.gif<

This is a solid 4.5 stars. Can't wait for the next book in the series. Don't worry this a spinoff. The next book will be about another character introduced in in this story.
Mo
Oct 12, 2013 Mo rated it liked it
This wasn’t a bad read. 3.5 stars. Liked both characters and the book flowed along nicely for me. I see that I did not make any status updates while reading this book so that is a sure sign that it did not blow my mind.

“When we met, we were two injured souls. Both keeping the real out of our lives for fear of what we might find. But nothing could have kept us apart. I never believed in destiny. Thought that was a bunch of crap for people who read too many books. Until I met you. You’re it for
Wendy'sThoughts
Jan 24, 2016 Wendy'sThoughts rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everybody
4.5 Caged, Released, Yet Repressed, Wanting Stars * * * * 1/2

There are many types of reads...

There are the kinds that make you think deep emotional thoughts causing self revelations;

There are reads which play with your head just to give you a ride making you experience omg moments over and over again (think the Consequences Series)

And then there are the reads that do not pretend to be anything except what they are. These books present a situation; give you characters that are direct; open with
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages

5 Awesome Sizzling Stars

5 Sizzling SCORCHING HOT Hearts for Heat!! ...LOVED EVERY MOMENT

Worth the Fight by Vi Keeland

A story about a man Nico..a fighter..fighting against himself ...feeling nothing but sorrow , guilt and anger.
A woman .. Elle...stumbling through life..feeling nothing ..to prevent remembering her past.

Nico believed he one moment in his past forever deemed him forever broken and unforgiven. The fight
Chris- Bookaddict
Oct 03, 2013 Chris- Bookaddict rated it it was amazing
Holy Hotness Your all going to LOVE Nico.... If you are a fan of MMA fighting and I know alot of you are add this bad boy to your TBR list!!!! You will not be disappointed !!!!!!

Let me start by saying this is the first book I have read by Vi and it will surely NOT be the last one. I absolutely LOVED this book. If you’re an MMA fighter fan and love a good story then by all means one click this bad boy today.

“When we met, we were two injured souls. But keeping the real out of our lives for fear o
J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*
I'm a total sucker for MMA and MC books, what can I say!

This one definitely didn't dispappoint. Nico....Nico was

Yeah, totally YUMMY! He was alpha and dominant and caveman like and in the next breath sweet and soft and gentle. It was the perfect mix. For being a book about an MMA fighter it was a rather sugary and sweet read....and there wasn't a lot of actual fighting that took place. There also wasn't a lot of drama and angst....and that was A-OK with me!

Elle's been coasting through life. Dat
Patrycja
Nov 16, 2014 Patrycja rated it it was ok

Being a great fan of alpha males with troubled past, especially when it’s mixed with symbols of musculine power - like physical strenght and seeing friends that swooned over the mistique and sexy persona called Nicholas Hunter ‘The Lady Killer’, I had to meet him. Period.

Despite the fact I had a nagging feeling in the back of my mind, that my high expectations can be easily crushed, I just couldn’t stand being left out. Not when everyone gushed and talked about how fantastic Worth The
Elizabeth
This book was like a big yummy cookie! I certainly could not and WOULD NOT want to read books like this all the time. However, for a quick and easy read this book really hit the spot!

Full review to come!

Plamena
Oct 09, 2013 Plamena rated it really liked it
4 AMAZING STARS!!!

She is worth it...worth the fight.

Nico Hunter...YES YES YES and again...YES!!! :D

The story is about Elle and Nico. HE is a MMA fighter trying to cope with guilt and pain from his past. SHE is a lawyer with boring life and lack of any emotions. She is fighting her own demons. What can they possibly have in common...A LOT!!

A quick, fun, sexy and beautiful story!!! I knew I would love it! I’m such a sucker for fighters!! And Nico Hunter does NOT disappoint! He is sexy as hell, ab
Alex is The Romance Fox
Let me say that I was a bit wary about this book. Whilst I have read all this author’s previous books, which I have loved, the storyline about a MMA fighter didn’t exactly excite me!!!
Worth the Fight by Vi Keeland photo Worth-the-Fight-Cover-500X750-500x280_zpsac930760.jpg
Really, I am not sooooo crazy about huge tattooed men…..nothing against them, but just not my “cup of tea”. I have never watched cage fighting but I have viewed photos of the fighters…and ugh!!!!

So not going to write much about the storyline…by now everyone knows about it!!

MMA fighter meets successful lawyer.
✿kawehi.reviews
description

The good: Solid, interesting, and a definite page-turner! Possesses a realistic story line, decent pacing, and likable characters.

The bad: Hmmm. Nothing constructive to embellish on BUT... I would have liked more Nico smutt!! Hehe. Absolutely loved it when he turned on the charm or became a caveman over Elle! <3

•..

Story Overview:
"Worth the Fight" tells the story of two damaged souls looking for redemption.

Nicholas 'Nico' "The Lady Killer" Hunter: MMA fighter. Tan skin, deep green eyes,
Michelle
Jul 19, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

I was so flippin' excited to get a chance to read an another ARC from Vi Keeland after falling in love with her other books. I had no idea what to expect when I started Worth the Fight, but I was hooked within minutes.

Let's meet Elle.
She's smart and she is reserved. Just in her mid-twenties and her life has become nothing but her job, with a safe friends with benefits relationship that ensures that she keeps everyone at arms length. She hol
J
Sep 30, 2013 J rated it it was amazing

Let me just start off and say.. I freaking Loved this!
Vi has given us an awesome story that kept me hooked from the first moment I met Nico…..

Elle is going through the motions of life, living the good life yet still finds herself bored.
The guy she has been seeing for the last 2 years can't even excite her anymore.
Not sure where her life is going, Elle feels disconnected.

I'm a character in my story, going throughout the chapters of my life as if it was written by an imaginary person, wh
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
Oct 04, 2013 CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD rated it it was amazing
5 swoon-worthy stars!!!!

Elle is beautiful, with a job she loves, a great apartment, and she's been dating a hot successful lawyer. But she's not happy, she's bored and she's just coasting through life .

Until Nico.....

And when Nico met Elle, he knows she's it for him.

But they both carry guilt of their past.

I'm so swooning over Nico. It's soooo HOT, romantic, funny, sad and just beautiful! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Fighter romance lovers out there, I highly recommend!!!!

Blog/FB Page : https://www
Jenn
Oct 01, 2013 Jenn rated it really liked it
I loved loved this book Worth the Fight by Vi Keeland. I was lucky enough to be part of a group to get this as an ARC for honest review.

I definitely fell in love with in this Author after reading the Cole series, so when I heard about this series I was jumping at bit to read this and I was absolutely not disappointed.I would rate WORTH THE FIGHT a 4.5

Our main H/h Nick and Elle had great chemistry, and I loved the secondary characters.I was sucked in this story at the very beginning and just cou
The BookChick
My Rating:
VERY GOOD: The characteristics of a 4 heart book include: a great story; I loved the characters; and there was an interesting plot and unique story elements; there may have been a few odd things kept the story from being amazing. I would read it again and I would recommend it to a friend.
This book was received from the author in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts:
Ladies, prepare to meet your new book boyfriend! You will absolutely fall in love with Nico "The Lady Killer" Hun
Jacqueline's Reads
Feb 19, 2014 Jacqueline's Reads rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jacqueline's Reads by: Kelli
Shelves: 4-star-books
4 Stars

Worth The Fight is an easy, fast-pace, boxing romance

Elle is a lawyer. She’s independent and not really looking for a relationship. She has a friendship with benefits kind of thing with her co-worker William, but she doesn’t see herself in a serious relationship with him. He just doesn’t do it for her, but scratch her weekly itch. Nico is a MMF fighter and has been out of the ring for over a year. He still trains and prepares for fights, but no fights are scheduled. A previous fight endin
Chilli
Jan 21, 2016 Chilli rated it really liked it
Shelves: mma-fighter, sport
My Nico and Elle.....

“The man is sexy. Not beautiful or handsome, those words are too generic to describe what he is. Sexy. Sensual. Rough. All male."

Elle is a lawyer who's comfortable in life and just coasting along. That is until she meets Nico, a MMA fighter who turns her world upside down. They have absolutely nothing in common, or do they?

It was exactly what I needed. Nothing too heavy in the angst department but enough of a plot to keep you interested, if just for the thoughts of Nico and
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
I'm going to keep this SHORT and sweet...

This DID NOT work for me. I was underwhelmed and bored. It felt flat, just...Eeehhhhhh! I HATE when the ratings are SO high and I just can't get into it the same way as others..
TORI ~Break Me~Own Me~Love Me~
Dec 10, 2015 TORI ~Break Me~Own Me~Love Me~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports-hottie
3.95 Stars

I don't know what took me so long to get to this book. But I'm glad I finally came to my senses.

Nico "The Lady Killer" Hunter's life hasn't been the same since the accident. He's trying to let it go, but that's easier said than done. Then one fateful day he meets a woman who changes it all.

Elle is leading as quiet and safe a life as possible in order to deal with the demons that haunt her. She's a lawyer. She's smart, beautiful, and has a nice drama free sorta-relationship with her f
Turning Pages At ...: Review of Worth The Fight by Vi Keeland 1 15 Apr 27, 2014 05:41PM
Kindle Lending (T...: Until November & Worth The Fight 3 39 Oct 04, 2013 07:45PM
  • Fighting to Forgive (Fighting, #2)
  • Consumed (Consumed, #1)
  • Against the Ropes (Redemption, #1)
  • Crossing the Line (Battered Hearts, #3)
  • Phoenix
  • Beneath the Surface (Reluctance, #1)
  • Extreme Love (Love to the Extreme, #1)
  • Knock Out (Worth the Fight, #1)
  • Cage (Corps Security, #2)
  • Obsession (The Plus One Chronicles, #3)
  • Tattered Love (Needle's Kiss, #1)
  • Hammer's Fall (The Breakers' Bad Boys, #1)
  • The Fighter's Block (The Fighter's Block, #1)
  • Mine (Real, #2)
  • Jake Undone (Jake, #1)
  • Fighting for Irish (Fighting for Love, #3)
  • Strip Me Bare (Strip You, #2)
  • Officer off Limits (Line of Duty, #3)
Join Vi’s mailing list and read Chapter 1 of Beat here bit.ly/1ykgbwp
Vi Keeland is a native New Yorker with three children that occupy most of her free time, which she complains about often, but wouldn't change for the world. She is a bookworm and has been known to read her kindle at stop lights, while styling her hair, cleaning, walking, during sporting events, and frequently while pretending to
More about Vi Keeland...

MMA Fighter (3 books)
  • Worth the Chance (MMA Fighter, #2)
  • Worth Forgiving (MMA Fighter, #3)

“I feel like I'm stuck in a bad movie, with a little devil sitting on one shoulder and an angel on the other. But the goddamn devil is twice the size and my angel is a fucking mute. Great, I have a fucking mute angel.” 32 likes
“I quickly scoop up the rest of my personal life on display on the sidewalk and I'm relieved that I had removed the flavored condoms that Regina had shoved into my purse before I left yesterday. Bacon Flavor. What woman wants to taste meat while, you know, tasting meat?” 20 likes