Start by marking “The Sicilian's Marriage Arrangement” as Want to Read:
The Sicilian's Marriage Arrangement

The Sicilian's Marriage Arrangement

Hope Bishop is stunned when darkly sexy Sicilian tycoon Luciano di Valerio proposes marriage. Brought up by her wealthy but distant grandfather, she is used to fading into the background and being ignored. But Luciano's sensual lovemaking makes her feel vibrantly alive. Hope falls in love with her husband and is blissfully happy--until she discovers that Luciano ruthlessly ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #2604, 192 pages
Published February 2007 by Harlequin (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Sicilian's Marriage Arrangement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sicilian's Marriage Arrangement

Virginia
Very enjoyable with a sheltered heroine who receives no love, or so she thinks,from her staid grandfather. She is happy that Luciano is paying attention to her because she has loved him for some time. There are hot, sexy scenes enjoyed by the heroine and the hero until blackmail, the other woman, and a manipulative grandfather cause trouble and makes the heroine feel that again she is loved by no one and that the love of her life does not want her. How does she know this? After seeing pictures ...more
Jacqueline
Pretty decent read. The hero jumps to conclusions and causes unnecessary problems but hey it's harlequinland. Still the conflict was different from what I expected. I expected the heroine to throw a fit when she finds out about the reason the hero married her but instead it was him throwing a hissy so at least it was different.

Overall an enjoyable read for HP fans.
Vintage
I really hate how much I like this book, okay, love it as I gave it 4 stars. Why do I like it so much? Got me. It has all the hallmarks of a Harlequin except the hero is more arrogant alpha than cruel jackass.

Spoiler, kind of Nice little marriage of convenience set up by the Hope's grandfather with alpha Romero, I mean Luciano. The twist is Hope doesn't know about it. That's where the twist comes in when she finds out. Luciano does veer into mean gene territory due to some miscommunication, but
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
**3.5 STARS **

It has almost all the ingredients that a HP reader hopes for.

A sweet virginal and quietly pining h. One who is shy and unassuming and has been neglected by her rich and busy grandfather all her life. People invited to her own party are cruel and demeaning to her - behind her back and to her face as well. Unbelievably crude of them but happily adds to the angst.

An alpha hot Sicilian billionaire H, the grandfather’s business partner who has occasionally noticed the inconspicuous h fo
Jenny
Jan 10, 2013 Jenny rated it it was amazing
It goes straight to my favorites. This was a fast and entertaining read. The relationship between Hope and Luciano was sweet and the chemistry was great. Hope is naive and innocent but strong and giving. I loved Luciano's transformation towards the end he changes from a cold business man to a very romantic sexy family man totally smitten with his wife. I'm a sucker for arranged marriages/babies so this was just the perfect story for me. And I appreciated the fact that there was no cheating!
Fiona Marsden
Feb 09, 2016 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it
There is nothing quite like an alpha hero blackmailed into marriage with a young innocent heroine to get things exciting. Especially as this hero doesn't use it as an excuse to abandon his bride and go off shagging a whole lot of women for five years before coming back to claim his bride. No of course I'm not bitter. Well maybe a little.

Hope has had a thing for Luciano for about five years, since she was eighteen and he started showing up at functions with her grandfather's business colleagues.
Riz
Jul 10, 2016 Riz rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars
Sandy M
Jul 21, 2011 Sandy M rated it really liked it
This isn’t a book that I’ve had in line to read or review, mostly because of its age and I acquired it just recently in a box of books someone gave away. Then something I don’t normally do, I forgot to take my current read with me when running errands the other day. Deciding to stop for lunch, I wanted to read. Imagine my surprise and flash of pissed off that I didn’t have my book with me. But then I remembered the box of books in my car. Ha! Sometimes things just work out, and this time I chose ...more
Marilyn
Nov 14, 2008 Marilyn rated it it was amazing
The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is to love and be loved in return.
~ From "Unforgettable with Love"Natalie Cole

A strong alpha, a young girl who for years loved this sexy Italian! Blackmailed into marriage! Secrets! Passion! How much better can it get? Again, another Lucy Monroe book I couldn't put down once I began. This is such a powerful and intense love story.

Hope Bishop had been raised without parents and by her wealthy grandfather who only had time for his business and business associ
Kay
Feb 23, 2012 Kay rated it really liked it
Shelves: print
4 ½ Stars! ~ Since she was five, the only family Hope Bishop had was a grandfather who cared more for his business than his granddaughter. Growing up without affection, Hope is vulnerable when the man she’s had a crush on for the past five years, suddenly kisses her on New Year’s Eve. Luciano diVilario has always been curious about Hope, the shy and innocent granddaughter of his business associate. The kiss at midnight had only been meant as a token so that Hope would not be the only woman ...more
thadine
Apr 08, 2012 thadine rated it liked it
Kaycee Sapinoso
Well, I'm not surprised that I enjoyed this one. Lucy Monroe has always been a favorite of mine. And once again, she gave us another powerful and intense love story in her book The Sicilian's Marriage Arrangement

Hope Bishop is a shy, young woman who grew up craving for only one thing that money can't buy - her grandfather's love. She's used to being ignore, so when Luciano de Valerio, the man she had secretly dreamed about for years, suddenly paid her attention, she was thrilled. For the first t
Cheesecake
Hope and luciano. It's a plot that's been done many times, but I felt that Ms. Monroe got the balance just right. Hope is a shy 23 year old, raised by her wealthy grandpa who is more used to controlling his business than loving his family. But after a heart attack, he feels he must make sure Hope is cared for and forces Luciano into marrying her or loosing his family business. Of course they fall in love and of course Luciano is the last to admit it. And of course there is an other woman. But ...more
Naima
Sep 10, 2016 Naima rated it really liked it
Ceritanya dari awal bagus, mengalir lancar, hot dan manis. Cuma kurang suka dengan heroinnya yang gampang banget ngumbar air mata. Yaaa emang dia termasuk punya karakter yang kuat, tabah. Tapi mestinya bisa mengendalikan air matanya gitu loh secara dia dari kecil sudah diperlakukan tanpa kasih sayang oleh satu2nya keluarganya yang masih hidup, kakeknya.

Dan meskipun happy ending aku kurang puas dengan bagian klimaksnya, kurang drama sih menurutku .............. ahahaha mungkin memang aku yang rat
Saintlyjuliet
May 02, 2016 Saintlyjuliet rated it liked it
After reading some of her other work, I felt this one want that great. The book is average. An insecure girl falls in love with a billionaire and gets married to him. What she doesn't know is that he had been blackmailed into the marriage.

I liked that the H didn't blame the h as so many other heroes do in these situations. I am also glad he worked on the marriage. What annoyed me was that he quickly got possessive even when her just starters pursuing her and he didn't even wait to ask her opini
Baseballmom
Sep 21, 2014 Baseballmom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Passion, Pride, Revenge and Love d:)

This book had it all.The author did a good job of creating a connection between the H and h in the beginning. The h was sweet but not a pushover. The H was a typical Sicilian alpha male and was going to make the best of being blackmailed. When H thought h was a part of blackmail scheme, he planned to take revenge on her, but alas, he couldn't make himself do it. He loved her and wanted to make their marriage work. Very good story, I highly recommend it... d:)
Blueadaf
Jun 27, 2016 Blueadaf rated it did not like it
The h was just too damn sweet and nice. After everything that has been done to her, she was still so sweet and unforgiving. Her anger is justified, she forgave her husband too fast and too easily. Her grandfather did not even ask her forgiveness. Not my cup of tea. I want to see a heroin that has some backbone. I am not saying she should not forgive him but h deserves a good grovel and apology from her husband and grandfather.
Rebecca
Apr 01, 2012 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5

I enjoyed this "marriage of convenience" story. Luciano believes Hope to be innocent of her Grandfather's scheming to get them married, then overhears a phone conversation that makes her sound complicit in the arrangement. He then behaves like a jerk, only to learn the truth later when HOPE learns about the entire set-up. Lots of good 'ole Category Romance angst here.
Sahar
May 12, 2016 Sahar added it
I don't know what was it about this book but it just didn't feel right /: I kept waiting for the scene that the whole book was leading up to but it ended up being very anticlimactic. That makes me feel like the whole book wasn't worth reading meh!
Cherise
Aug 13, 2013 Cherise rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin
Jan 17, 2012 Sarah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Another of "it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great"
I think I'm getting burned out on the Presents, honestly. Same story, same author, over and over.
Amanda Sheila
Classic and enjoyable plot from Lucy Monroe! Gahhh, I want more drama! Haha, but overall I truly enjoyed reading this one. Can't wait to read more! :)
Krista
May 07, 2015 Krista rated it it was ok
Luciano had no redeeming qualities for me so it was hard to like that they worked it out so easily without any real drama.
Pam
Feb 18, 2015 Pam rated it it was amazing
This was fantastic read. I loved the plot. The Hero was awesome strong and loyal. Even though the Heroine is shy she does not allow anyone to bully her. Lucy Monroe is becoming a favorite.
DA4Pups
I thought it would be better. I liked the beginning and the middle. I was invested and the it fell flat toward the end. Not one of Monroe's best.
Khye Chwin
It is very typical and cliche. Your very average contemporary romance books. I expected more angst though...but seems like Ms Monroe doesn't really believe in making the the male lead suffer more.
Steff
Jan 27, 2015 Steff added it
Shelves: rom
Marisa Valle
Hope forgave far too easily. Luciano should have suffered a little more & so should her grandfather.
Liyah
Liyah rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2015
Kim Asa
Kim Asa rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2013
Celebrating A New Harlequin Showcase Release For Lucy Monroe 1 8 May 11, 2010 08:00AM
  • The Greek Tycoon's Defiant Bride (The Rich, the Ruthless and the Really Handsome, #2)
  • The Prince's Waitress Wife (International Billionaires, #1)
  • Lost in Love
  • The Failed Marriage
  • The Greek's Virgin Bride
  • Mistress by Contract
  • Behind the Palace Walls
Award winning author Lucy Monroe had her first book published in September 2003. Since then she has sold more than 50 books to four publishers and hit national bestsellers lists in the US and England. She writes sexy category romance for Harlequin Presents including her own ongoing mini-series, The Royal Brides. If you prefer a longer book, but want to keep it steamy, try her Mercenary trilogy or ...more
More about Lucy Monroe...