Start by marking “The Alkaline Cure: Lose Weight, Gain Energy, Feel Young and Stay Healthy for the Rest of Your Life” as Want to Read:

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  13 reviews
A clinically tested 14-day plan to help you lose weight, look younger and enhance your overall health.

Our bodies can be classified as either acid or alkaline. To be healthy, feeling good and functioning well, our pH reading should be either neutral or slightly alkaline, between 7.3 and 7.5. Unfortunately, the Western diet tends to result in much lower (acidic) pH
Published April 29th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Alkaline Cure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Alkaline Cure

Amanda
The introduction to the Alkaline Diet in the first half of the book is wonderfully written and easy to understand. The 14 day meal plan and lifestyle guide falters, however, with dull, complex to make meals and a shortage of exercise tips.

For those who don’t know, the Alkaline Diet basically is the idea that our bodies function best with a pH balance between 7.3 and 7.5, but modern lifestyles wreak havoc with this balance, making us too acidic. What impacts our pH balance is our food and lifesty
Jo
Thank you goodreads for sending me this book. I thought it was interesting but I already know I'm not disciplined enough to follow the 14 day cleanse and I'm not going to collect yarrow and nettles to make tea. As far as I know North Dakota grocery stores don't sell them. I will try to drink more water a peppermint tea and chew my food more thoroughly. I think illustrations for some of the exercises would have been a benefit and I'm going to try a baking soda bath. Interestingly enough, even tho ...more
Kim T.
The Alkaline Cure is a great intro level dietary lifestyle change resource. It was simple, informative (without being overwhelming), and easy to follow with regard to the acid-alkaline relationship and the body's processes. The 14-day plan will likely appeal to those interested in making an easy transition from the SAD to a detoxed body. The included recipes were a bonus.

An e-copy of this title was made available via the publisher in exchange for an honest critique.
Danielle (is feeling overwhelmed)
An excellent overview on the effects of the PH balance on the human body. I'm a big believer in the idea that keeping the body alkaline is healing so was delighted to get a chance to read this book. Well laid out, explained clearly and concisely, I enjoyed the 14 day plan and by the end, I had more energy, my skin appeared clearer and I lost four stubborn pounds. Looking forward to continuing this plan!
Cameron N.
I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway. The Alkaline Cure was both interesting and informative. I had never realized how many acidic foods we put into our bodies. Although I didn't try the complete cleanse, I enjoyed the recipes in the back of the book. Also included were pH strips to measure your own body's pH.
GONZA
Another magic diet based on some medical assumption, not particularly difficult to follow as long as you are a vegetarian, which is not my problem as a matter of fact. Interesting way to define some physical problems anyway.

Altra magica dieta basata su qualche assioma medico, non particolarmente difficile da seguire a patto di essere vegetariani, che non é uno dei miei problemi fortunatamente.
Alcune modalitá interessanti di spiegare problemi di tipo fisico.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND HARLEQUIN FOR T
Thomas
I've heard about this in different forums. I read through it, and it's very concise without becoming too techie. I looked at one site that got into the chemistry of digestion: not for me.

This book is to the point. It includes a list of foods (and food types) that will help you work your way to a healthy lifestyle. It also has a 14 day crash course (menus and recipes included) to get you there faster.

There are some minor grammatical problems, but for the most part they don't detract from what yo
Fiction State Of Mind
Amazing Information and wonderful, easy recipies. I've known about acid & alkaline balance for a while but this book has inspired me to follow the 14 day plan as much as possible
Shannon Schmelz
The Alkaline Cure is by far one of the most informative books that I have read this far. Each step is clearly explained as to why your body needs a "cure". I can honestly say that this is not a feasible cure for me with a family of young children and the time it would take to prepare meals for myself and my family separately. I have definitely picked up a few good suggestions from the book though, such as chewing my food at least 30 times and not drinking while i am having a meal. Can't say I wa ...more
Karla Franklin
I thought that this book was pretty interesting. I didn't sit down and read every word in the book but I skimmed over the parts that interested me and was able to learn some things. I didn't participate in the cleanse because I don't do those things but I did learn a lot about the foods that I eat and the foods that I should eat. There are some ph testing strips in the back of the book so you can test yourself if you choose to do the cleanse or you just want to know your ph levels.
Sandra Beck
From the time I received this book ,which I won on Goodreads..(whoopee) I could not put it down...One of the best diet and weight loss books I have read and or come across. You learn so much from the way it is written and explained to you..I recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a good diet an easy to follow system they will understand and enjoy ....Thanks, Dr. Stephan Domenig for writing this book for those of us in need..

Thanks Goodread..
Sandra Beck...
Vykki
This was a book I so wonted to win on Good reads It had all the information I was looking for. I was really thrilled with the great information and the how too and I can't wait to try the recipes.
Harlequin Books
Category: Health, Fitness and Diet
Elizabeth De Marco
Elizabeth De Marco marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Jode
Jode marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Michelle Callicott
Michelle Callicott marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Jacob
Jacob marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Tim Taylor
Tim Taylor marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Melnic Aliona
Melnic Aliona marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Dawn
Dawn added it
Sep 01, 2014
Alice Weisbach bouhadir
Alice Weisbach bouhadir marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Marisa
Marisa marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
  • 365 Skinny Smoothies: Delicious Recipes to Help You Get Slim and Stay Healthy Every Day of the Year
  • Fit to Be Tied (The Last Good Knight, #4)
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • Perfect 10
  • A Beauty Uncovered (Secrets of Eden, #2)
  • Living Whole Without a Better Half: Biblical Truth for the Single Life
  • Eat Like a Woman: A 3-Week, 3-Step Program to Finally Drop the Pounds and Feel Better Than Ever
  • The End of Stress: Four Steps to Rewire Your Brain
  • The Greek Yogurt Kitchen: More Than 130 Delicious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Day
  • Skinny-Size It: 101 Recipes That Will Fill You Up and Slim You Down
  • The Diabetes Breakthrough: A Scientifically Proven Program to Lose Weight, Cut Medications and Reverse Diabetes
  • The beautiful buttons : a memoir
  • The Skinny Gut Diet: Balance Your Digestive System for Permanent Weight Loss
  • Talk Dirty to Me (Plum Orchard, #1)
  • Essential Oils for Life: A Beginner's Guide to Healthier Living
  • Inheritance
  • Healthy Joints for Life: An Orthopedic Surgeon's Proven Plan to Reduce Pain and Inflammation, Avoid Surgery and Get Moving Again
  • The Dog Who Healed a Family: And Other True Animal Stories That Warm the Heart & Touch the Soul