Start by marking “Strawberry Fields” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Strawberry Fields

Katie Flynn

Strawberry Fields

On Christmas Day 1924, Sara Cordwainer rides to church in Liverpool with her parents in their Rolls Royce. As they pass the ragged children outside the gates, she gives them her collection money, and unwittingly precipitates a tragedy that will haunt her for many years to come.
Published October 21st 1998 by Book Club Associates (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Strawberry Fields, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strawberry Fields

Craig
Feb 11, 2013 Craig rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
Having been the first book by author Katie Flynn that I read, I found it to be very enjoyable, slightly predictable maybe, but nonetheless very pleasant. Twelve-year-old Sara Cordwainer, is the unloved child of rich and fashionable parents. On Christmas Day, 1924, she stops to talk to a ragged girl with a baby in her arms outside her church. After a brief chat she takes pity on them , and gives them her collection money. But from this generous act comes a tragedy which will haunt her for years. ...more
Ria
Jan 07, 2016 Ria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sara Cordwainer is very well off, she comes from a wealthy family but is very unloved by her aristocratic and aloof parents so when she sees a young girl with a small child in her arms she is moved to give her some money and a pair of gloves to put on the baby's icy cold feet, so starts a chain of events that ensure that in a way the fates of those two girls and Sara are inextricably entwined.
When later she meets a lovely young Irishman named Brogan he is an unwitting link to those two girls but
Nancy White
May 06, 2014 Nancy White rated it liked it
I expected this book to be pretty bad because I bought it for *very cheap*. But in fact it was an enjoyable read.

Set over a number of years in depression-era England & Ireland, this novel is primarily an historical romance but it also has elements of the dramatic. I found it to be an engaging portrayal of the time although I can't judge the accuracy of the representation, since my knowledge about that era is pretty sparse.

I liked the characters although they were a bit "Mary Sue".

I guess I r
Claire Moss
Mar 29, 2015 Claire Moss rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book although the story dragged a little and the ending seemed a tad rushed, I liked the history and the children involved made it heartwarming
Kelly
Feb 25, 2013 Kelly rated it it was ok
I didn't really catch on this book, was boring and the amount of times I thought I'd never get through it, this is the second K. Flynn book I've read and will not be reading anymore!
Simone Woods
Simone Woods rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2015
Sue1958
Sue1958 rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2014
liz cox
liz cox rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2016
Angela Biggar
Angela Biggar rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2013
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was ok
Feb 01, 2013
Daisy Trow
Daisy Trow rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2013
Margot Tibout
Margot Tibout rated it it was ok
Aug 02, 2015
Sara Ann
Sara Ann rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2015
Hayley Broadbent
Hayley Broadbent rated it it was ok
Mar 21, 2016
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2011
Tracey
Tracey rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2012
Kathrin
Kathrin rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2012
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2015
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2013
Carol De storm
Carol De storm rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2013
Kate
Oct 24, 2010 Kate rated it liked it
Another good vacation/trip read.
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2016
Joanne Edwards
Joanne Edwards rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2012
Sophie
Sophie rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2015
Catharina
Catharina rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Emma Woodhouse
Emma Woodhouse rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
  • Daughters of Eden
  • Rhanna
  • Buccaneers and Pirates
  • Counting the Stars
Katie Flynn was born in Norwich and attended Norwich High School, where she was extremely happy and extremely undistinguished. Published at the tender age of eight, in Enid Blyton's Sunny Stories, she joined a Writers’ Circle as an adult, publishing short stories, articles, etc; only turning to novels in 1971 because the postal strike cut off her main source of income!
At first she wrote under seve
More about Katie Flynn...