Start by marking “Selkie's Revenge (Orkney Selkies, #2)” as Want to Read:
Selkie's Revenge (Orkney Selkies, #2)

Selkie's Revenge (Orkney Selkies #2)

On the beaches of Orkney, Scotland, an evil entity stalks mortal women. Machar “Mack” Kirk is a selkie man with a haunted past, one that has prompted him to become a hunter. He prowls the beaches at night, his arrows aiming for the finman who took his first love.

Beth Pedersen also watches the sea. The haunted widow has suffered losses of her own, ones that have crippled h
ebook
Published July 15th 2013 by Liquid Silver Books (first published July 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Selkie's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Selkie's Revenge

The BookChick
My Rating:
VERY GOOD: The characteristics of a 4 heart book include: a great story; I loved the characters; and there was an interesting plot and unique story elements; there may have been a few odd things kept the story from being amazing. I would read it again and I would recommend it to a friend.
My Thoughts:
Leo ups the ante in Selkie's Revenge. The story contained a heck of a bite with its subtly dark plot and its majorly sexy overtones.

I very much enjoyed the continuation of the Orkney Sel
Paula Black
Aug 09, 2013 Paula Black rated it it was amazing
Signed, "sealed," delivered. Machar Kirk, I'm yours, you sexy, selkie beast.
I absolutely loved this book! I devoured it in a day. This is a must-read for all fans of adult PNR.
Leo has raised the bar to a new level with the Selkie's Revenge.
Her trademark humour and uniquely satisfying style of writing romance is all there. But with this Orkney tale there's also sadness and grief and the dark, dangerous lure of the sea.
I'd defy anyone not to feel for the heroine, Beth, and everything she's been t
Donna
Jul 30, 2013 Donna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr-nauba-r2r
First off, the story is based in Scotland which adds an extra star right off the bat. You've got a hot Scott, Mack, who fits the description of what I consider perfection. In essence, this book for me was the literary version of the Jerry Maguire "you had me at hello" moment.

As to the story, Beth and Mack both have a very sad pasts, filled with loss. The details of their lives were well handled by the author. You are never overloaded but are slowly fed the pertinent information in a way that co
angelblue
Jul 15, 2013 angelblue rated it it was amazing
Shelves: will-read-again
I'm going to write out a real review as soon as I can, but for now...
Machar ---->Walking Orgasm that is all....

SN the Viking
Jul 27, 2013 SN the Viking rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: PNR lovers
Selkie's Revenge is the second installment in Rosanna Leo`s Orkney Selkies series and with this book she really puts this series on the map as something unique and wonderful in the PNR world.

The world she has built here with the selkie`s and the mystical rules that are here is wonderful combined with her down to earth writing style with people that are real with flaws. That makes her book so much stronger when you read about characters that actually could be you and not a picture perfect flawle
~Thena~
Jul 17, 2013 ~Thena~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the biggest emotional ride Rosanna Leo has brought me on to date! Heartrending. I finished this last night. I normally write my reviews as soon as I finish each book so I don't forget details, but I needed a little distance this time because I was so emotional at the end.

This was a darker story than her previous books. I was heartbroken for Beth and everything she had gone through. A few times, her anguish almost brought me to tears and I wished I could hug her. And I was so sad for Mach
★¸. • * ° *  Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie*°°*•.¸. ♥★
Machar Kirk
Beth Pedersen

This is the second book in Rosanna Leo's Selkie series.
Another great read about the Kirk family of Selkie men, and their individual searches for their mates.
This time it's Machar Kirk's and Beth Pederson's turn to find the path of true love, and a very sexy path it is too!

Rosanna tells a great story, this time a slightly dark side with the finman with the orange eyes having a large part. Lets hope the injuries inflicted on him were enough to end him!
Pamela

I'll take a Selkie over a Vampire any day. Of course I'd have to quit my job, never see my family or friends, and buy a ton of undies (Costco anyone?) as my Selkie will be screwing me every which way to Sunday. I'm so glad I own a king-size bed. :)

Rosanna Leo ("Leo") does it again with "Selkie's Revenge," the second installment in the "Orkney Selkies" series. Leo delivers a very hot, and very sexy PNR. Mack and Beth are the couple at the heart of the story. They make a nice couple. The
Ashley
HOLY HOTNESS !!! Is it me or rosanna getting naughtier ?! I LOVE IT !! hehehhe oh my, Mack can take me out to sea anytime he wants. I lovedd this book, and since i hadn't finished the first in the series and started in on this one due to a goodreads challenge, i'll have to go back and finish "The Selkie". But in no way was i confused or anything.

Okay soo we have Beth the grieving widow, but not only had she lost her husband but horribly enough her son. Now i won't ruin the book and get into anyt
Ora
Aug 22, 2013 Ora rated it really liked it
This is the first series that I have read about Selkies. Other than hearing the name, I wasn't familiar with its legend. I enjoyed the book. The author did a really good with the flow and explained the Selkie lengend and the depths people would go to find a skin.
Machar is a strong alpha male who has a vendetta to kill a specific finman for killing a woman he loved. while hunting, he saves Beth from the finman and realizes shortly afterward that she is his mate. One of the things that I really l
Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer
What can I say, I am a sucker for those sleek, sexy, selkies.

Machar Kirk has to be one of the toughest, yet sweetest characters I have encountered. He has spent centuries protecting the shores of his beloved Orkney coast from those disgusting finmen and yet when he comes upon Beth Pedersen being led to her doom upon the ocean he steps in and tries to help her through a terrible period of mourning with such a gentle, caring nature. I melted.

I don't want to compare the two books in the series bec
Michelle ♣ Ndayeni
This second installment in the Orkney Selkies series has many of Rosanna Leo's signature elements. There's a strong heroine who isn't terribly inclined to sit back and wait to be rescued or to let someone else fight her battles, but who also has issues. Also included is a gorgeous, alpha hero who's loving and protective, but isn't an ass about it--at least for the most part. Their story is told with a good deal of sexual tension that leads to some steamy sexy times, but also with a large dose ...more
Keonna Hines
Oct 17, 2014 Keonna Hines rated it it was amazing
awe....cute
Ronda  Tutt
Feb 03, 2014 Ronda Tutt rated it it was amazing
Magically Delicious!

What a awesome and fun read. I think I smiled though most of the book while I read this story. I love folk lore’s and myths and the author has taken the Selkie and Fin Men lore to a sizzling enticing hot level.

The author does a great job creating characters with electrifying charisma and capturing the hearts of a fantasy come true audience. The author’s writing is smooth and visionary as it introduces more insight into the lore itself leaving the reader captivated till the l
Shanean
Aug 03, 2013 Shanean rated it really liked it
Suzan
Jul 18, 2013 Suzan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans
I loved this sequel in the Selkie series! Machar is just as yummy and amazing as Calan, though they are different in personality and background. For one Calan didn't hunt anything but Machar is a self-assigned hunter of Finmen! The Finmen are absolutely nasty and not something you'd wanna meet on the beach or anywhere at any time of the day or night! They truly are monsters.
I loved Beth and really felt for her, she was grieving as she'd had a recent loss, a big loss, her husband and her son. Ma
AL
Aug 18, 2013 AL rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it-done-it

What an another EXCELLENT book to read! It was magical! You did it again, Rosanna! It was a beautiful book with a complete enjoyment and a great thrill !! . . . I loved how they went through the rough patch together and I love how the story began . . . I couldn't stop turning the pages, it was like a blur !! The humor in this book was fabulous! And the Kirk family are friggin' FANTASTIC! The banter between the brothers will make you laugh, laugh and smile the whole time...

This story was one of
Sandy Wolters
Jul 20, 2013 Sandy Wolters rated it it was amazing
Book: Selkie's Revenge
Series: Orkney Selkies - Book 2
Author: Rosanna Leo
Genre: Erotic Paranormal/Fantasy Romance (Shifter)
Length: Approximately 180 Pages

SELKIE'S REVENGE by ROSANNA LEO is the second book in the ORKNEY SELKIES SERIES. Although this is part of a series, it is a stand-alone novel that can be read on its own. This series is so good, though, that you are going to want to read them both. I'm anxiously awaiting the third in the series.

We learn more about the selkie brother, Mack, in SE
Carin
Jul 31, 2013 Carin rated it it was amazing
Rosanna Leo's books take mythology and folklore and make it sexy, The Orkney Selkies series take the selkie legend from Irish and Scottish folklore of people who can shape shift in essence from seal to human. Selkie's Revenge is the second in the series but has been written as a stand alone and can be read as such.

Machar Kirk and Beth Pedersen the hero and heroine of Selkie's Revenge share similar tragic backgrounds with lost loves being taken from them by an evil being known as a finman. Mack
Kath
Sep 10, 2013 Kath rated it it was amazing
This series just gets better. What an emotional story it has been, and I admit to having a few tears over this one.
Mackar realises how happy his older and younger brothers are now they have found their mates, he see's how their lives have changed for the better. Angus and his wife now have a babe too, and Mack realises he want's this for himself. He is ready to settle down with a mate and start his own family. However there is one problem, true mates are hard to find, and as his on off friend wi
Katie
Aug 23, 2013 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I absolutely loved The Selkie, and Selkie's Revenge was just as wonderful. The only disheartening part of Macks' book...Breannan only spoke like three times. *heavy sigh*

This book is a little darker than The Selkie, with the terrible pasts that both Beth and Mack have had, but there was still humor and a ton of sexy to make up for it.

Beth has lost both her husband and her son, and now a Finman is set on making her his broodmare, but Mack is having non of that. When he first sees the Finman lur
 ♥ Rainy Day Reader ♥
Although I didn't like the main characters in this book as much as the first it was still a good story. I can understand why all the girls are crazy about this book and Machar... he's like an alpha male but sensitive and wanting to settle down with a family. Beth is mourning and although I liked the story and Beth herself I found the book a bit depressing.

The part I really found interesting and why I gave it 4 stars were the finmen. I had never heard of the legend of finmen. I had actually not
Tamaria Soana
Jul 28, 2013 Tamaria Soana rated it it was amazing
Book Two of the Orkney Series is simply outstanding. I'm a huge fan of selkie book and Miss Leo is one of my favorite selkie authors.

This book is filled with emotion, action, and passion.

Our hero Machar 'Mack' is obsessed with his vendetta against a certain finman when our heroine Beth enters his life and turns it upside down.

Beth is overcoming the crippling grief of losing her family. Can Grief stricken woman and a man/selkie that is full of revenge be the prefect fit?

Read this amazing story a
Romance Readers Retreat
Jan 17, 2014 Romance Readers Retreat rated it it was amazing
Steph
Aug 16, 2013 Steph rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-on-kindle
A brilliant second book in the Orkney Selkies series, I can't wait to read more of the Kirk brothers, I'm hoping there will be a book for every brother. Like a sucker for a good romance story this book sucked me in, I just adored Machar Kirk and have great admiration for Beth and everything she has been through. The characters were so well written I bonded with them from the get go. Rosanna Leo's writing style is gripping and ensures that her books are un-put-downable, I'm really looking forward ...more
Delayne Richter
Sep 02, 2013 Delayne Richter rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Selkie's Revenge: Oh man, I loved this book! I found myself not wanting to put it down. I love Macks relationship with his family, and how his brothers tease him. It has everything you would want in a book. It's light in the beginning then as you go along with the story it builds into a nail biting situations. This author is very talented, and I hope she continues the Orkney Selkies series. Delayne out :)
Jessi Szigethy
Jul 17, 2013 Jessi Szigethy rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Well, Rosanna has done it again. I really enjoyed Mack and Beth. Even with the whole destined mate thing, it took a bit for them to fall in love which I appreciated. When they did it was hard core. Can I just say that I HATE the Finman? He was icky and evil. This book was an easy read with a few great conflicts and of course warm squishy feelings all over! Can't wait for the next one!!!
Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔
Sep 06, 2013 Lani ⚔⚔ the Destroyer ⚔⚔ rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, shifters
Another really good book in the Orkney Selkies series. I really enjoyed fast pace of the story, the plot of the finman's obsession with Beth, and Mack and Beth working through their pasts. I can't wait to read more in this series, they are fun, quick reads. I haven't read the Gemini Shifter books from this author, but I will be sure to check them out.
Stacy Wilson
Jul 21, 2013 Stacy Wilson rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book! I loved it and can't wait for more stories about Kirk family. I know it's total fantasy, but the characters and story are written in a way that I felt it very believable. Mack is absolutely amazing! I love how protective he is and how he was driven to settle down. That being said, I'd take ANY selkie, Any day! These books make me want to take a trip to Orkney!
Saskia Linnell
Aug 17, 2013 Saskia Linnell rated it really liked it
Very good book to read :) it took a while to get my head around the Scottish lingo but once I did it was very easy to read. It takes a couple of chapters to get into it but I recommend that you stick with it, it is well worth it in the end
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Child of War - A God is Born (Of War # 2)
  • You Burn Me (Eververse)
  • Legacy of the Wolf (The Gray Pack #3)
  • First and Last (The Magical Sword, #4)
  • Siren's Surrender (Dark Tides, #2)
  • The Sin Eater's Prince
  • Dragon Moon
  • Deeper Than the Ocean (Phoenix Prophecy, #1)
  • An Elemental Tail
  • Blind to Men
  • Call of the Sea (Call of the Lycan, #1)
  • Whore For The Wolves (Forced, Fucked, and Bred Trilogy, #3)
  • A Touch of Darkness (Key, #1)
  • Paranormally Yours
  • Love's Captive (Volarn, #1)
  • In Like a Lion (Chimera Chronicles, #1)
  • Lucky's Charms
  • Immortal Sea (Children of the Sea, #4)
Rosanna Leo is a multi-published romance author. Winner of the Reader’s Choice 2015 in Paranormal Romance at The Romance Reviews, Rosanna draws on her love of mythology for her books on Greek gods, selkies and shape shifters. Her hot contemporary romance Vice was recently reviewed by Library Journal.

From Toronto, Canada, Rosanna occupies a house in the suburbs with her long-suffering husband, thei
More about Rosanna Leo...

Orkney Selkies (2 books)
  • The Selkie (Orkney Selkies, #1)