Start by marking “Tattoo You” as Want to Read:
Tattoo You

Tattoo You

3.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  57 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
There’s very little Jacob Lee wouldn’t do to please his Donathan -- except get a tattoo. The way Jacob Lee figures it, his lover’s got more than enough ink for both of them with his tasty rainbow body, and Jacob Lee has a major phobia when it comes to needles. But as Jacob Lee learns more about the art of tattooing, his lover’s past, and their shared dreams for the future, ...more
Published June 2013 by Torquere Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Tattoo You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tattoo You

Tailtiu
Jun 19, 2013 Tailtiu rated it liked it
2,5* and I really had to use Calibre to change the name Jacob Lee to only Lee because reading the full name 360 times was just 355 times to much.
 ~♥ Elle ♥~
Jun 20, 2013 ~♥ Elle ♥~ rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

The couple was so sweet with each other it was borderline sappy but it did leave me with a smile on my face once I was done. :) The only thing that irritated me was reading Jacob Lee repeated xtimes all over the book. Doesn't the guy have a nickname or something?
Jess
Jun 18, 2013 Jess rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

You know what is so awesome about this story?

There is no angst and even better the love between the two is so beautiful, its felt, its talked about openly and it was so refreshingly different to read a book where the characters are so head over heels in love already.

highly recommended for when you are in the mood for a sweet book or as my friend said. This book is like a warm hug.
Pete W
Jun 16, 2013 Pete W rated it really liked it
A sweet and cute book. Low and angst and conflict and very enjoyable read.

Highly recommended for comfort read on rainy days and Mondays.
Lily
Jun 20, 2013 Lily rated it liked it
3.4 stars. The established couple premise drew me in and it was a pleasant, feel-good type of story.
LDL
Jun 17, 2013 LDL rated it really liked it
A sweet little hug of a book.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Maybe 3*

I love tattoos, I love guys with tattoos, so is cover and story appealed to me.
Donathan has tats, lots and lots of them and he's love to see one or more on his lover. Jacob Lee, big hulking guy that he is, os afraid of needles, but he decides to get one for his lovers birthday.
Now, all in all this was a sweet story, possibly a little too sweet ( and believe me, coming from me, that's saying something). I get they love each other, really, I do.
Then the names, Jacob Lee ( always Jacob Lee
Susan Laine
Aug 17, 2013 Susan Laine rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. Jacob Lee is terrified of needles but he loves his partner of several years, Donathan, so much that he’s willing to get some ink. Donathan’s birthday is coming up, and Jacob Lee wants to get the perfect surprise present for his man who’s loco for tattoos. Now all he needs to do is to find a tattoo parlor, the perfect picture, and some much needed courage to face the needle.

There’s a lot of passion here in this novella. In fact, most of the dialogue between Jacob Lee and Donathan is fl
Tina
Aug 10, 2013 Tina rated it liked it
Tattoo You is a story about two men, Jacob Lee and Donathan who have been in a loving relationship for three years. Their love is illustrated well by Ms. Okati. It is clear that both men would do anything for the other. Except one. Jacob Lee has a terrible fear of needles. While Donathan is covered in tattoos, each one representing an important life event, Jacob Lee has been afraid to get even one.

Jacob Lee has decided that for Donathan’s 29th birthday, he will get his first tattoo as a surprise
Alicia J
Mar 03, 2014 Alicia J rated it really liked it
I loved this happy, sweet story about two young guys who are just totally and completely in love with each other. There wasn't any real conflict or worries, it was just a "feel really good about love" kind of story and it was exactly what I needed at the time.
Page Crusherz
Jan 01, 2015 Page Crusherz rated it really liked it
Maybe a real-life 3, but so excited to see a new Willa Okati (one of my first MM authors) that I read it as a joyful 4.

Fun and sweet.
Cathy Brockman
Jun 25, 2013 Cathy Brockman rated it really liked it
A quick rundown: Jacob Lee loves his Donathan so much he wants to do something special for him for his upcoming birthday and it will take overcoming some fears to do this.
This was a very charming short story. Perfect for when you need a little something to uplift and warm your heart. These men had a very sweet maybe too perfect relationship, but don’t we all wish for one like that. I was a bit turned off by all the Jacob Lee’s but all and all it was adorabl
Elci
Sep 14, 2014 Elci rated it liked it
2.5*

If you're going to listen to Smoke on the Water make it Deep Purple.
Tetkaripli
May 14, 2016 Tetkaripli rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Melissa
I wanted to love this book, I really did, but the writing just didn't do it for me. There was just something about it that made it hard for me to love.

I love tattoo artists, books about tattoo artists, guys with lots of hot tattoos and all those kinda things but this one didn't quite make it.

I've heard nothing but good things about this author and I don't think this book alone will discourage me from reading anything else of hers. I really hate that I didn't love this one!

*sigh*
mw138
Jul 29, 2013 mw138 rated it liked it

Jacob Lee wants to surprise his boyfriend, Donathan, for his birthday. What better way to show his love than with permanent ink?

Unfortunately, I just couldn't connect with these characters. The MCs were both likable, and I could tell they truly loved each other, but something just didn't quite work for me. The story is very slow moving and basically showed Jacob Lee deciding to get a tattoo. Jacob Lee's internal dialogue was overused and became repetitive after a while.
The Novel Approach Reviews
Ms. Okati beautifully shows us how deeply these two men love one another. I would have liked more of a story. This was meant to be a short, and it has all the necessary parts, but I found it lacking. Recommended as a sweet, but short read.

You can read the rest of Tina's review at The Novel Approach
Carolyn  Storer
Jul 28, 2015 Carolyn Storer rated it it was ok
In this case, the cover is better than the actual book. The writing is a little off, far too many repetitions to be acceptable, especially with "Jacob Lee" - dialogue a little cheesy too. Not much happens other than it's Donathan's birthday and Jacob Lee wants to get a tattoo to please him. Will admit I skimmed a few pages just to get to the end a bit faster. This one just wasn't for me.
Julesmarie
Jul 08, 2013 Julesmarie rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Very, very sweet. At times, perhaps a little too much, and had me skimming, but nice and refreshingly angst-free. Delightful southern tone to both the narration and the dialogue.
meep
Aug 25, 2013 meep rated it did not like it
it is a modern story but reading it made me feel like we traveled backwards in time 50 years
ARe Cafe
Oct 30, 2013 ARe Cafe rated it liked it
Shelves: trs-picks
A contemporary romance reading list selection from TRS for AReCafe.com.
Nik
Jun 24, 2013 Nik added it
Shelves: dnf
I just couldn't...
MyzanM
MyzanM marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Marguerite Long
Marguerite Long rated it liked it
May 14, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Marija
Marija rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
A multi-published author of GLBT erotic, romantic fiction since 2004, I love trying new things -- I have 1001 crazy ideas and want to write them all! I exist primarily on caffeine and pixels, take “camera shy” to a whole new level, and persist in trying to learn the pennywhistle despite being woefully tone-deaf. During the summer, I’m a wild woman with henna.

You can find me on the web here, at my
More about Willa Okati...