Start by marking “The Wild Adventure of Jasper Renn (Steampunk Chronicles, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
The Wild Adventure of Jasper Renn (Steampunk Chronicles, #3.5)

The Wild Adventure of Jasper Renn (Steampunk Chronicles #3.5)

In this companion novella to The Girl with the Iron Touch, American cowboy Jasper Renn finds himself in a situation his lightning-fast skills cannot rescue him from…

After surviving a triumph-turned-tragedy in New York City, Jasper is determined to secure a happier future with his gifted band of friends. So when the group's mechanical genius Emily is abducted, he'll plunge
Published November 1st 2013 by Harlequin Teen (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Wild Adventure of Jasper Renn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wild Adventure of Jasper Renn

Champion by Marie LuWorld After by Susan EeThe Fiery Heart by Richelle MeadSentinel by Jennifer L. ArmentroutPawn by Aimee Carter
New YA November 2013
53 books — 84 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadRequiem by Lauren OliverBoundless by Cynthia Hand
2013 Releases
572 books — 1,011 voters

More lists with this book...

Nicole D.
Jul 09, 2015 Nicole D. rated it really liked it
Wildcat, Jasper's ex is back and in London looking for her sister, who ran off with a lord who lives there. I really wanted to know what Jasper was doing when he was M.I.A. in The Girl with the Iron Touch and was happy the author wrote a novella to tell us where he was. I loved Cat in the second book and loved her even more in this one. You get insight about Jasper and Cat's feelings for each other in this book and more about their failed relationship which I also was thrilled to learn about. ...more
Nicol
Sep 28, 2015 Nicol rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed visiting this world Cross created, I have always loved Renn and I liked learning more about Wildcat. I do hope Cross writes another book for the series although that does not seem in the cards. I thought it was worth 1.99 since my local library did not have it. But I love the series, if you are not a big fan of it or Renn then maybe you can live without it but I couldn't.
MadameMelli
May 24, 2015 MadameMelli rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-buy
This one felt much more like the Steampunk Chronicles! I love Jasper and Wildcat and reading about them and their relationship felt so good. It sucked me right into the story of their search for Wildcats sister Sparrow.

I love the references to the main books!
Marilyn
Aug 20, 2016 Marilyn rated it it was amazing
Great series. Liked the insights into who Jasper is, fun story.
Andrea Wright
Sep 24, 2014 Andrea Wright rated it really liked it
Thank you for more story!!!
pdarnold
Nov 02, 2016 pdarnold rated it really liked it
Although The Girl With the Windup Heart is actually last in this series, I saved this for last. I am saddened to see the end of this series. It was a blast! I truly enjoyed catching up with Jasper and Wildcat and the search for Wildcat's sister. An enjoyable tale in every way possible. The sparks between Jasper and Wildcat are such fun! I truly wish there was more to come.
Kristen
Mar 21, 2016 Kristen rated it really liked it
Originally published at http://seriestracker.wordpress.com/ya...

Talk about a misleading title. Even the title to this post needs help. This wasn't so much a wild adventure as it was the chase by Wildcat of her sister, Sparrow. Sparrow's Flight might have been a better title. Or Wildcat's Chase. Or almost anything that involved the ladies and not Jasper.jasper renn And it certainly wasn't a wild adventure. If helping Cat visit 2 places to find her sister is a wild adventure, then I lead a much m
Pam Loberger
Dec 05, 2016 Pam Loberger rated it really liked it
Loving this series

I'm getting more and more attached to these characters and can't wait to start the next book. Iron Touch, her I come.
Nov 19, 2016 Laura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved this so much!! It was a short read and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Also, Jasper and Cat are so cute together!!
Erika Gold
Dec 26, 2015 Erika Gold rated it it was amazing
Jasper Renn was always one of my favourites in the series, and I loved how he got his own feature novella!

This novella takes place in the midst of the beginning of The Girl with the Iron Touch, when Emily first goes missing. In that novel, Jasper himself gone at the beginning, and we get to see exactly what he was up to. Wildcat McGuire has journeyed from New York all the way to London in search of her sister, who has run away and is hiding somewhere in London. She enlists the help of Jasper, an
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Nov 22, 2013 Jessica (a GREAT read) rated it it was amazing
The Wild Adventure of Jasper Renn is a short novella that takes place during Kady Cross' The Girl with the Iron Touch! I love this series and Jasper has definitely been one of my fave characters since he first stepped onto the page. His heartache over Mia and all that happened between them broke my heart as well, it seemed Jasper might never find what Griffin has with Finley.

Then there's Cat, half black, half white and has the abilities of her namesake. She's an oddity, much like her sister Spar
Fizzgig
Jan 06, 2014 Fizzgig rated it really liked it
Renn is one of my least favorite characters. I just don't get into cowboys, probably because I grew up and was harassed my entire childhood by real ones. Nothing in my brain has romanticized them in any way and frankly, don't like them.

That being said, Renn is another back story that had me curious. The novella like the others shed some light on his life before the series. It goes into the relationship between him and Cat in NYC. It also explains why he was missing at the show down in the third
Katrina Tinnon
This review was originally posted on Bookish Things & MoreSteampunk Sunday

Quick Thoughts
So this will be a super quickie. Jasper's story is a super fast read. We get to see what he's up to after he's come back from New York. They are still searching for Emily. But when he gets back he finds Wildcat in his room. She's come to London searching for her sister, but she can't get a grip on her feelings for Jasper.

They both mean more to each other than they are willing to admit. It's fun watching them banter an
Mary H
Nov 05, 2013 Mary H rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
Well, this did answer for Jasper's absence in Iron Touch, but I'm not very happy about it. It seemed like there was NO POINT to this novella aside from getting Jasper and Cat together, and that's just not cool. I enjoy romance, but there needs to be a purpose. Finley and Jack's novellas each had a solid plot that added to the overall series arc. However, Jasper and Cat's story was too thin, plot-wise. The title says WILD ADVENTURE so I'm expecting something really cool. I did not expect him to ...more
Karly *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)*

I love this world.... oh I know, Kady Cross isn't the best writer going and her stories can be pretty predictable but oh how I love these characters.

I love Jasper Renn.... I love Wildcat. With the fangs and the cat-eyes and the retractable claws.... LOVE!

Cross does the opposite of the generalization of times, all her female characters are straight-up kick ass!! And I love it!

This is just a shorty, however, if you love this world you should enjoy it ;)
Kasie
The Wild Adventure of Jasper Renn was an adorable addition to the Steampunk Chronicles. Jasper Renn is such a lovable character it's hard not to enjoy anything involving him.

Then he realized what a pathetic request that was, and he wished for a sandwich, because he was hungry and tired of feeling sorry for himself.

The story actually takes place during The Girl with the Iron Touch which was incredibly interesting for me. Normally novellas/short stories are before and after, but Kady Cross places
Ashley
Oct 04, 2014 Ashley rated it it was amazing
I loved this novella!!

We caught a glimpse of Wildcat in The Girl in the Clockwork Collar, and it was clear that she had lingering feelings for Jasper and vice-versa. Their interactions were equal parts funny and loving whenever they were together, even when they were in denial about their feelings for each other.

My biggest complaint about book three was that I got to know all of the characters better, except for Jasper. But now I know what Jasper was up to the whole time.

Now I'm very excited fo
Cassie C
Nov 16, 2013 Cassie C rated it really liked it
This was a great addition to the Steampunk Chronicles. I always have loved Jasper since he was first introduced, and was interested to see where he was for the majority of the lasr book. While this didn't add much to the series in way of information, it still gave us a great insight into what is going on in Jasper's head, especially having to cope with Mei's betrayal. I'm so happy that Jas has found love again in Cat, and she too is an interesting character for sure! I can't wait for the next in ...more
Stacy Brown
Nov 08, 2015 Stacy Brown rated it liked it
This "wild adventure" wasn't all that wild. This is basically a quick side note story to bring a previous minor character "Cat" into future stories. While it was a nice little tale, I'm of the opinion it was mistitled.

In this story Cat comes to London looking for her little sister and despite her reservations, asks Jasper to assist her. The search for Sparrow is brief and uncomplicated. The true challenge is Jasper and Cat's feelings for each other.
Audrey
May 06, 2014 Audrey rated it liked it
Just finished book #3, and this short story fills in what Jasper and Cat were doing while the rest of the gang were off finding Emily. More romance than anything else -- so it was okay, but that's about it. The circus was the best part

What I'm really wanting is some kind of genesis story for this series. Where did these people come from, with their "mutations," for lack of a better term? I'd really like to have that question answered.
Amberly
I just don't understand the novella craze. This could have easily been added into the other novels. That being said, this story was a nice addition to the storyline. It ensured that each of the "main" characters in the overall story got their happily ever after. I was disappointed with Jasper not getting his HEA at the end of his full book, so this provided that.
Sparrowapril
Jul 26, 2014 Sparrowapril rated it it was ok
There wasn't much to it. Not much adventure, not much heart & 0 suspense about how it would end up. It didn't advance the chronicles or give me much interest in what would come next.

Many reviewers have mentioned "wild adventures" in the title. I think wild is a reference to Wildcat, but as there was no adventure, I agree, what the title promises the story fails to deliver.
Nov 01, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
Can I have a scream? Yes!

Wow! I am so looking forward to the next book.

I knew there was more going on between the two, but this was so spicy!

I am so glad that Jasper got want he really wanted.

The allusions to the next book makes me wonder what's next.

Note: This is steampunk with paranormal with romanace mixed.
Tammy
For anyone wondering what Jasper Renn was up to during The Girl with the Iron Touch, this novella will answer your questions. We all wondered who Wildcat was when she showed up, and now we know. A nice look into more of Jasper's background and an introduction to a character who I hope shows up in future books.
Rainey
*Let's call this 3.5 Stars*

Wrapped in the expected adventure and intrigue, Jasper's short tale is unexpected in it's lack of depth. Cross's other short stories in this series have been action-packed and satisfying. With the wealth of options that Cat could offer, I anticipated more thrills and tension. I hope to see mroe of Cat in book four.
Summer
Oct 15, 2013 Summer marked it as to-read
I absolutely love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love kady cross's books she is amazing her characters are sooo awesome
Cecilia
3.5 stars Really liked this one! I get to know Jasper and the new charecter Cat a little bit more than in the books, and now I'm really looking forward to reading The Girl wit the Windup Heart!
McKenzie Richardson
This was my least favorite in the series so far.

The plot was pretty shallow and not very well developed. The book just seemed like an excuse to write romantic scenes between Jasper and Cat, which were kind of cheesy and awkward.

This one was okay, but as good as previous books and prequels.

Beth Johnson
Nov 27, 2014 Beth Johnson rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads, steampunk
Another quick read for an interstitial story. I'm sort of sad that there is only one more book left at the moment. These characters are so interesting, fun, and different. Plus the steampunk setting is nicely fleshed out and really cool, to be honest.
David Beck
May 06, 2016 David Beck rated it it was amazing
A short story outlining what Jasper and Cat are up to in the "Girl with the Iron Touch". Cat and Jasper track down Cat's sister Sparrow and deal with some lingering issues from their time together in NYC.
  • Touch of Steel (Clockwork Agents, #2)
  • A Gentleman of Means (Magnificent Devices, #8)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #0.5)
  • The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale (Stormy Gale, #1)
  • Her Ladyship's Curse (Disenchanted & Co., Book 1, Part #1)
  • Cards & Caravans (Gaslight Chronicles, #5)
  • The Chess Queen Enigma (Stoker & Holmes, #3)
  • The Queen Is Dead (The Immortal Empire, #2)
  • Gilded (The St. Croix Chronicles, #2)
  • A Study in Darkness (The Baskerville Affair, #2)
  • Verity Hart vs. the Vampyres Omnibus
  • Hunted (Flash Gold Chronicles #2)
  • Corsets & Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances
  • Sky Pirates (The Chronicles of Light and Shadow, #3)
  • Here There Be Monsters (Iron Seas, #0.5)
Kady Cross is a pseudonym for USA Today bestselling author Kathryn Smith. She lives in Connecticut with her husband and a pride of cats. She likes singing with Rock Band on the 360, British guys, Vietnamese food, and makeup (she’s hopelessly addicted to YouTube makeup tutorials!). When she’s not writing Kady likes to catch up on her favorite TV shows, read a good book or make her own cosmetics.
More about Kady Cross...

Steampunk Chronicles (4 books)
  • The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1)
  • The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (Steampunk Chronicles, #2)
  • The Girl with the Iron Touch (Steampunk Chronicles, #3)
  • The Girl with the Windup Heart (Steampunk Chronicles, #4)