Start by marking “The Current Between Us” as Want to Read:

4.16  ·  Rating Details ·  3,781 Ratings  ·  548 Reviews
This Re-release includes Bonus Material and a never see before sneak peek of Painted On My Heart. $.99 for a limited time.

Gay/Lesbian Book of the Year, 2014 eLit Awards

Gage Synclair, international, hard-hitting investigative photojournalist, is preparing for the final special report of his career…a story of deception and murder six long years in the making. And after ten
Published November 29th 2016 by Kindle Alexander (first published June 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Current Between Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Current Between Us

J *deep in the heart of Texas*
3.75 Stars!

I don't know what it is about that Kindle Alexander but her books just work for me!

I did have some issues with this one though...

I kid you not, Gage said (and thought) some of THE cheesiest stuff when it came to Trent.

"Your grins touch my heart."

"The kiss reached out and touched his soul like the man sitting next to him did every time he did these unexpected things."

"Goodnight, handsome. Dream of me. I'll be dreaming of you."

"My guy holds my heart."

If a guy I was dating said tha
Monique ~ Sinfully
Oct 01, 2013 Monique ~ Sinfully rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS ~ This book is an excellent love story, where even the most hardened heart and disillusioned soul can find the romantic streak hidden deep within and see it blossom into something neither thought possible. I fell in love with the author, her writing and the characters… just go read it!!!

Gage & Trent

Want to know who the author was dreaming of whilst writing… Ryan McPartlin and William Levy… PERFECT CHARACTERISATION!

This book was a recommendation and I will be forever thankful for being introduc
Shelley
1.5 Stars

My face hurts. My head hurts. My eyeballs hurt.

All because this book induced nothing but constant eye rolling, face palming and head plants against any available surface.

You know what this is?

A barely disguised Harlequin Romance that belongs on one of those spiny wire racks in the library with the medical romances. Honestly, I can see it there but with a new title like … “Billionaire for his babies” or something similar.

Before I tell you why this didn’t work for me know that there is a
Mona
Jan 22, 2014 Mona rated it it was amazing
My thoughts tend to consist of spoilers...I warned you.

**4.5 Between Trent and Gage Stars**
"Your grins touch my heart."

"Your kisses undo me."
description

My second book by this author and I just keep getting amazed the more I read. Every aspect of this book draws me in. Kindle Alexander knows how to write an incredible story. From the build up of each characters world and how they collide. To the story seeming to lead in different directions, only to be so connected that it blows you away. The flow of the wr
Mo
Oct 15, 2013 Mo rated it liked it

This one started annoying me about halfway in. Yep, they met, yep, they fell in love but it all seemed a bit quick and rushed to me.

Gage is a Photographer, he is wealthy. Trent is an Electrician, a blue-collar worker.

Throw in some cute kids …

At around 75% (when I was kinda going to give up on it) throw in a bit of a …

and we have our ….

DW
Jul 29, 2016 DW rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-love
The Current Between Us was a cute, Insta love story. I liked it but I didn't love it!

I thought that Gage and Trent were cute together. They were pretty much opposites but they had a strong attraction.

Gage was pushy and a little on the silly side. He was constantly complimenting Trent, which is not a bad thing but sometimes it gets old.

Trent was more reserved and very likable. He had a lot of responsibility thrown at him all at once and his whole world had changed, so he was not really into the
Ingela
Oct 07, 2013 Ingela rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Stars - a really good M/M with great steamy romance, cute kids, a thrilling resolution and several unexpected turns

This is the second Ms Alexander novel I read and like the former, for me it was really good and entertaining. It started a little hesitantly but oh how I then got hooked on these guys. It was cute, really hot and very emotional.

Trent Cooper is an electrician with his own firm that gets a great and urgent job for the famous reporter and photographer Gage Sinclair who is soon t
Tami (synchro from BL)
Jan 02, 2014 Tami (synchro from BL) rated it did not like it
Shelves: what-a-mistake
Please imagine a vomiting smiley.

Seldom have I cursed my inability to insert pictures and gifs more than just now.

I vented a bit in my status updates, so I will keep this short:
Bad story with unbelievable plot holes, bad main characters ("Douche-bag and perfect guy" could have been an alternative title), insta-love, unbearably sugary sappiness, stupidity and a lot of bad writing.

It made me so angry, I want to tear some telephone books apart - but everything's online these days, so I only shake m
Mandapanda
Unfortunately I didn't enjoy this at all. Rambling and repetitive, with lots of grammatical errors and over-use of endearments like 'handsome', 'gorgeous', 'sexy', and 'babe'. Gage's character was so over the top and lacking in credibility that I couldn't feel any liking or empathy for him. I just skimmed the sex scenes. The two kids were the only redeeming factor.
Nic
Oct 01, 2013 Nic rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, zz-amazon-yes
I thoroughly enjoyed this story which brings together the hard-hitting investigative journalist and the hard-working single dad electrician.

The story starts, as the title suggests, with a sexual attraction between the two men. Both are extremely aware of each other and have trouble concentrating on anything else while the other is around.

Apart from the physical, Gage and Trent seem poles apart in some respects. Gage is a celebrity. He is wealthy and used to travelling the world. He has no proble
Amanda
Jul 08, 2015 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
The Current Between Us is a lovely M/M that is low in drama, a bit of insta-love, a tons of sweet moments and a surprising twist towards the end.

Gage Synclair, a famous journalist opening up his own gallery in Chicago.

Trent Cooper, an electrical contractor raising two adoptive kids.

When Gage hired Trent to work on his gallery they were both instantly attracted to each other. While Gage is more aggressive in his pursue, Trent is a more reserved guy. Trent didn't even want to let his co-worker kn
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Holy hotness Batman! I needed that MM fix!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Gage Synclair, famous investigative reporter is just finishing up the final touches on the gallery he's opening in southern Chicago. When his electrician up and quits, he's in a bind to find a replacement quick. He's got a huge Grand Opening planned. It's gotta be done on time. Gage is also a famous investigative journalist, planning to display his photographic art in his gallery. He's gay, thriving on the one-and-done sex life. No commitments, just sex
Gigi
Dec 07, 2016 Gigi rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

(Dang it all! Why didn't I review this one? I'm afraid to re-read.)
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***3 Stars***

I liked this one, just didn't love it. What can I say? I'm not a hater of insta-love, but sometimes it's just too much. I found myself doing a lot of eye rolling at the fact that within a couple of paragraphs, Gage went from being the lover of eternal one night stands to falling madly in love and wanting a family and forever with Trent. Call me a skeptic, but

Ok, I won't be totally negative about it.

I did love the family dynamic in the Cooper household. Emmie and Hunter were adorab
Nicole
Oct 01, 2013 Nicole rated it did not like it
I am fairly flabbergasted by the high rating of this particular title. This book was, to my mind, a complete failure as a depiction of a m/m relationship. On top of that the story telling, dialogue, relationship development,and plot of this book was of an extremely poor quality. Perhaps I am a lone entity to have such a reaction to this book, but I really cannot see anything about the book that was worth the time spent reading this.
Richard
Dec 19, 2014 Richard rated it it was ok
Shelves: aaa, kindle-lending, tears
75% of 5 star wonderful followed by 25% of wtf?

Keagan Kruze
Dec 11, 2013 Keagan Kruze rated it it was amazing
I love this book! Wooo hooo Trent and Gage!
Gina
Dec 11, 2013 Gina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, m-m
This one got me dead center in my romantic heart! OMG OMG!! This story was TOTALLY AWESOME! (yes, i just gave you a tootally, my California speak showing).

Maybe i have been reading to many suspense books, but this story made me realize I haven’t read many stories where the two MC’s actually go on a date!! Yes, I totally romantic, hot sizzling date!! No one was kidnapped, murdered, stalked, abused or had wings!

Gage is a famous world class journalist, he is opening a gallery to show off his pict
JR
Dec 11, 2013 JR rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all romantics
I love Ms. Alexander's works because they are soooooooooo romantic. This story revolves around Trent, a master electrician who lives a simple life carrying for his dead sister's two children. Trent takes his parenting seriously and it's shows with two adorable characters in Hunter and Emi. We meet Gage Synclair when Trent wins the bid to do the electrical job for Gage's new gallery. Gage is a hard hitting journalist who is considered the top in his field. Trent is a fan having read, watched ...more
Tina
Dec 11, 2013 Tina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
4,5 stars.

What an awesome book. The hard-hitting investigative journalist falls in love with the hard-working single dad electrician.

Trent and Gage are so great together. My heart melted instantly. And Trent's kids Hunter and Em... OMG... they are so cute. And Aunt Crazy and Rhonny! Who wouldn't love them?

Trent's and Gage's story is sweet, heartbreaking, thrilling and hot. Couldn't put the book down and will definitely read more from Mrs. Alexander. Thank your for this entertaining read.
Awilk -never sleeps-
This was a fast sweet read with two adorable leading men. Trent and Gage were a opposites attract couple, and I enjoyed their story very much.

There was an interesting story line to balance the love story, and I enjoyed this one very much.
Phaney
Oct 01, 2013 Phaney rated it it was ok
** Using spoiler tags but some spoilers bleed through. **

Be warned, most of this review will be taken up by expressions of my disdain for Gage. But let’s do this chronologically, since I took notes – a good 1,700 words of mental facepalming.

The writing style initially screamed serious novel and felt slightly more polished when compared to what I’d been reading recently. The latter changed quickly, when obvious weaknesses occurred early on – such as sentence elements being attached in ways that s
Natasha
3.5 BIG STARS!
Some spoilers ahead:

I enjoyed this book. I definitely did. For me, it went up and down a lot between me really liking the book, and me rolling my eyes the book, but in the end, enjoyable read.
It was cute, steamy, heartwarming, sexy, and definitely fun. I really liked the instant attractive between Gage and Trent. I also really liked Trent as a character.. he was a very strong and loving father.
I won't lie, I kinda skipped a lot during the last 20% of this book. I got kind of annoye
.Lili.
Oct 15, 2013 .Lili. rated it really liked it

photo image_zpse3babcc5.jpg

This is the story of two men who lead completely different lives. Gage, whom is a famous photojournalist from a privileged background. He's never been in a serious relationship and used to random hookups with men. He's now retiring from his career and opening a gallery in Chicago. It is here he meets Trent.

Trent, is a master electrician raising two children. He doesn't have time for random hook ups and because of the field he works in- he feels that he must keep his profes
Teri
Jul 17, 2015 Teri rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, ebooks
Kindle Alexander has given us another great book. The characters Trent and Gage grabbed my heart and haven’t let go. Not to mention little Hunter and Emalynn who made me laugh out loud. This isn’t just a love story, it has a mystery going on that keeps you hooked.
Something important for me in any story is I have to fall in love with the character, care what is going to happen to them. Kindle Alexander never disappoints in that.

For my full review:

Alvin
May 26, 2014 Alvin rated it really liked it
HOT, ENDEARING, AND QUITE SHOCKING.

I loved the ending!!! What a reprieve from the hard last 25% of the book.

This is my first Kindle Alexander book. And I know she's a fan favorite. Most of my GR friends love her books and I know some of hers are on the top of listopia lists. So maybe I have expectations before I started reading this.

And I have to be honest, I'm disappointed on the first chapter. It was quite boring. I love Trent and his kids, and Em and Hunter are very cute. But Trent, his pe
Simply Just Jen
Dec 11, 2013 Simply Just Jen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What can I say about the second book I've read from Kindle Alexander? This book was beautifully written. The story was very detailed and an emotional journey. I am going to be suffering from book hangover for a couple of days after reading this magnificent book. I immediately was drawn to Trent's story of being a single father. What I took from this character is the never ending bond of family. I could feel that selfless sacrifice of what family is suppose to be today. Trent never complains or ...more
Jenni Lea
Oct 01, 2013 Jenni Lea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I. Am. In. Love

Let me start off by saying that I was completely enthralled by the cover. I stared at it for nearly two days before I even started reading.

I loved loved LOVED Gage! I thought he was the sweetest, most romantic MC I have ever had the pleasure to read. I want to marry him! Don't get me wrong, I loved Trent as well but Gage! Guh!

The story was so sweet my dentist bills are going to skyrocket but coming off a recently read heart wrenching story I found it was exactly what I needed. It
Angela
Dec 11, 2013 Angela rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Trent and Gage are funny, warm, sexy and perfect together. I enjoyed every minute spent with these two wonderful men. Trent's dedication to his family touches the heart and Gage's determination to have the man he wants is HAWTNESS. Great job Kindle!
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Oct 01, 2013 Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
5 heart pounding fucking beautiful stars! OMG Gage I do love you! Trent you incredible man what a fabulous story!
love/hate relationship with this novel 2 12 Jul 13, 2015 02:23AM
  • Second Chances (Second Chances #1)
  • Learning Curve (Life Lessons, #4)
  • Grand Slam
  • Stripped Bare
  • Free Falling
  • Disasterology 101
  • Strong Enough (Family, #2)
  • Six Ways from Sunday (Southern Scrimmage #1)
  • Aftermath (Aftermath, #1)
  • Point of No Return (Turning Point, #1)
  • Shock & Awe (Sidewinder, #1)
  • Collide (Blackcreek, #1)
  • A Reason To Believe
  • Dex in Blue (Johnnies, #2)
  • A Younger Man (Cabin Fever #3)
  • The Nothingness of Ben (The Austin Trilogy, #1)
  • Latakia
Best Selling and award winning Author Kindle Alexander is an innovative writer who writes classic fantasy, romance, suspense, and erotica in the gay fiction genre. It’s always a surprise to see what’s coming next!

Website: www.kindlealexander.com
Email: kindle@kindlealexander.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author...

More about Kindle Alexander...