Frogs And Toads, And Tadpoles, Too

Frogs And Toads, And Tadpoles, Too

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  4 reviews
This series meets National Curriculum Standards for: Science: Earth and Space Science, Life Science. Social Studies: Global Connections, Production, Distribution, & Consumption
Hardcover
Published March 1st 1992 by Children's Press(CT)

Liliana Jaramillo

Beautiful book where we can see a great variety of toads, frogs with their differences and similarities. Wide vocabulary, allowing us to work with the children the colors, sizes, as well as different areas where they live and their sounds. At the end of the book we find each of the photographs of different toads with their respective names.
Ronda
This title compares and contrasts frogs and toads, with a mention of tadpoles,using short sentences and featuring a nice index for lessons on parts of a nonfiction book (as compared to Tale of a Tadpole, which, instead of a standard index, only included photos with "words you know"). I read this title paired with the previously mentioned Tadpole title and one of London's Froggy books.

Photos tended to be dark and didn't show up very well with my document camera/projector set-up.
Shannon
A bit skimpy, as rookie read-about science books go. This is the first place I've gotten a really REALLY close picture of frog eggs, though, so I gave an extra star for that.
Trisha
Trisha added it
Nov 30, 2013
Yinzadi
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Jun 13, 2012
Evan
Evan marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2011
Joni
Joni added it
May 03, 2011
Aiko
Aiko added it
Oct 03, 2009
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2009
Oliver
Oliver marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2008
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2008
Alaina
Alaina marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2008
What Magnets Can Do Plants That Eat Animals (Rookie Read-About Science) So That's How the Moon Changes Shape! H.D.Y.K. It's Fall? Pbk Inside an Ant Colony (Rookie Read-About Science)