Biscuit's Big Friend

Biscuit's Big Friend (World of Biscuit Beginning Reader)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  247 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Ruff!
Sam is a big dog and Biscuit's newest friend. Biscuit wants to do everything that Sam does -- like running fast and fetching sticks. But it sure is hard for a puppy like Biscuit to keep up with such a big dog.

In this encouraging story of friendship, Biscuit shows that small puppies can do big things!
Published July 1st 2003 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Biscuit's Big Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Biscuit's Big Friend

Rosa Cline
In this book readers-listners have two special puppies to watch and follow. Biscuits much bigger friend Sam. Very simple read for beginning readers or bring smiles to toddlers.
Edward Creter
Biscuit is small yet has big shoes for his paws to fill, so when a big dog needs help catching a ball, Biscuit is up to the challenge. A cute and heart-filled little gem for kids.
Dolly
Apr 16, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
Shelves: 2011, childrens, pets
This is another fun book in the Biscuit series by Alyssa Satin Capucilli and Pat Schories. These books are short, with simple and repetitive narratives and the illustrations are adorable. Our youngest loves that she can read these stories all by herself. She read this one to a dog at our local library (during a read-to-the-dog program.)
Whitney
Good, but not one of C's favorites
Jamie
We got this from the library. My son loves the Biscuit books, and he picked this out himself. This is the first book he wanted to read over and over and over again. (And, yes, that is finishing the book and starting over right away.) He LOVES this particular book. He relates to the pictures, saying "uh-oh" when Biscuit's toy is on the ground instead of in his mouth, among other things.

This is a great book for kids who love dogs.
Chinyleu Nwokolo
This is another winner for the young reader who loves dogs. Simple words that help kids form sentences. My son loved that the big dog was a friend to biscuit. He tried really hard to do what the big dog did but soon realized that he can only do what little dogs can do.

Capucilli, A., Schories,P. (2003) Biscuit's Big Friend.
USA; HarperCollins.
Tessa
I LOVE the Biscuit books! They are sweet and soft and lovely to read. The beginning reader Biscuit books are wonderful as well - much better than half the vapid nonsense they have out there for kiddos learning to read. Barbie and My Little Pony come to mind...
Meg McGregor
Sam is Biscuit's newest friend and they say opposites attract and it is true. Whereas Biscuit is small - Sam is big. As Biscuit is shy Sam is courageous. But Biscuit helps Sam realize that small puppies can be great in their own way too!
Julia Jasztal
Mommy's review from 11/10/09 -

Another Biscuit book that Julia adores! Alyssa Satin Capucilli hit the jackpot with these books IMO, I honestly don't see how any toddler, boy or girl, could not fall in love with all the Biscuit books!
Heather
It's funny and kind of sad because in the middle and beginning Sam, his friend, was doing stuff better than him and at very end he couldn't jump over the fence. But biscuit went under the fence because he was little.
Takeisha Hannor
This book is about a dog who finds a friend that is bigger than he is. He likes to play with his friend. This book is age aprropriate for all ages. A good book to teach basic reading skills for beginners.
Lindsey
Biscuit becomes friends with a much larger dog. The books shows a day in the life of Biscuit and his friend. It is a very easy read. I would recommend this for kids in kindergarten or first grade.
Morbus Iff
Everyone wants to be the big dog, the cheese, the grown-up, but there be benefits to tinies too, yo.

J: "This book was a good book but it was a little hard with the big dog's woofs."
Sally Bruesewitz
This is a great book for young readers. It follows the young puppy Biscuit while he befriends a older dog. It depicts what would happen in a day if you had a real puppy to follow around.
Felicity The Magnificent
Biscuit is smaller than his friend. Biscuit's not grown yet. Sam is grown. You have to grow to be big. It's good to have big friends or little friends. - Felicity
Liz
The Biscuit books are familiar to my son and so he is quite excited to read them. No more than two sentences a page - so it doesn't scare him off.
Pamela Cockerell
a useful book with younger students. shows how no matter how old, young, big, or small everyone excels at something
Jillian
This one is my favorite "Biscuit" books! Super cute how the little pup wants to be like his big friend.
Samantha
Maybe when I'm just learning to read Biscuits books will be more interesting to me.
Sparklehooves
This book was a good book but it was a little hard with the big dog's woofs.
Cws
May 24, 2013 Erika Little added it
Shelves: biscuit
2 copies
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
  • Henry and Mudge in Puddle Trouble (Henry and Mudge, #2)
  • Fancy Nancy and the Boy from Paris
  • Pinkalicious: School Rules!
  • Super Fly Guy (Fly Guy, #2)
  • Splat the Cat: Splat the Cat Sings Flat
  • The Fat Cat Sat on the Mat
  • Nate the Great Goes Undercover
  • I Like Bugs
  • Morris the Moose
  • Sleepy Dog
  • Can I Play Too?
Alyssa Satin Capucilli was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1957. She graduated from Sarah Lawrence College, and pursued her interest in dance, becoming a professional dancer and dance instructor. Though Capucilli had written stories, poems, and even puppet shows as a child, she didn't consider a career as a writer until after her own two children were born. To this day she sees herself as both a da...more
More about Alyssa Satin Capucilli...
Biscuit Goes to School Biscuit Biscuit Finds a Friend Bathtime for Biscuit Biscuit and the Baby