Start by marking “Lucy Talk” as Want to Read:
Lucy Talk

Lucy Talk

3.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  599 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
The chorus of praise for earlier books by Fiona Walker has been enthusiastic: her five previous international best-sellers have had critics and readers tingling with pleasure at the brilliant one-liners, whimsical plotting and larger-than-life characters. Of course, this kind of acclaim sets up certain expectations, but Lucy Talk is likely to do just as much for Walker's r ...more
426 pages
Published (first published September 6th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Lucy Talk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucy Talk

Ayu
May 14, 2012 Ayu rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-in-my-shelf
Lucy Gordon, wanita karir yang bekerja sebagai Staf Pemasaran di sebuah perusahaan komputer yang besar di London, Widgetex, merupakan seorang wanita yang gemar menuliskan apa pun. Ia menulis catatan harian di Microsoft Word-nya, di brosur-brosur, pamflet-pamflet, struk, pokoknya kertas apapun. Ia rutin menuliskan keadaannya dan keluarganya di dalam surat yang dikirim untuk kakak lelakinya yang bekerja di New Zealand. Ia rutin—hampir tiap hari, malahan—mengirim email kepada sahabatnya Mo Lavender ...more
Sharon
Sep 05, 2013 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the form of emails, notes, letters, diary etc Lucy talk is a comical account of the life of Lucy Gordon. There are some real laugh out loud moments but overshadowing this are the times when you just want to shake Lucy and say "get real". She is just a but too naive and nice to really believe. I know a lot of her naivety and the non-communication between characters make up some of the comical occurrences but some of it is just a bit to far-fetched. The fact that Lucy continues to email her tra ...more
Roseline Gonzalez
I'm not quite sure about this book. I enjoyed to read the story with only the letters and notes, the writing is nice and funny, the characters as well. My problem is that in the all book, I wanted the main character, Lucy, to learn about what happened to her, to improve, to assert herself... and... it's not happening (even if there is, of course, changes in her life)
Nicola Hession-Kent
I love Fiona Walker as an author, but I personally didn't get into this book like I should have. I just thought that the style was just a little to odd for my liking. I like to feel the surroundings, practically see the characters, but this book didn't do that because of the way it is written with emails, blogs, notes etc.
Deb
Jan 20, 2015 Deb rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: failures
I don't think my dislike of this book is really the author's fault, just that I am too late to the party - a 400+ page epistolary novel written in emails adapted from a late '90s newspaper column just doesn't have the power to fascinate in 2015.
Cláudia
É verdade que é um livro divertido e que nos faz rir, embora às vezes ficasse irritada com a ingenuidade (para não dizer pior...) da Lucy... Como é possível passar-lhe tanta coisa ao lado, não perceber o que se passa à sua volta?!
Mas lê-se muito bem, o "método" das cartas, notas e afins está engraçado, e ficamos contentes por chegar ao final feliz. Só gostava de ter sabido mais sobre o Big Brother :)
Jinting Toh
Dec 21, 2014 Jinting Toh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love books that are written in email format. A good read that is very close to everyday life. Good ending :)
Sep 05, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: swapped
This is the first Fiona Walker book I've read, and I really liked it. Written in the form of emails, electronic journal entries, notes on the fridge, and menus, it's very reminiscent of Bridget Jones.[return[returnThe main character, Lucy, is sweet and funny, if a bit blind about what's going on around her. The story revolves around her love life, her mates, her relationship with her naff family, and her work life as a marketing exec for a gadget company. Very funny, and I actually laughed out l ...more
Sati Howard
Dec 01, 2015 Sati Howard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this years ago. It's a bit dated but still entertaining. A quick but pleasurable read.
Novie
May 18, 2010 Novie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought it at a book sale. It only costs me Rp 15.000. The book is thick and I love the story. The story is about Lucy, she writes her feelings everywhere. Word document, letters, in the back of a brochure, everywhere. But what I love the most is the characters. They are so funny and real. I like Big Mike and I'm glad that finally Lucy realizes everything. That she loves Big Mike and Big Mike likes her too. Greg is a total jerk. I knew it from the very start. OK looks but blah personality. And ...more
Corrie Aw.
Apr 15, 2015 Corrie Aw. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
It was very funny, and I love books written in e-mails.
Jenn
Jan 27, 2014 Jenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was really cute - I probably would have given it 3.5, but the very, very end bumped it up to a true 4 for me :)

Also, there's some horsiness in it! Yay!
Amanda
Jul 14, 2015 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fluff - but deeply entertaining and fun fluff :-)
Redfox5
Jun 28, 2010 Redfox5 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, fiction
I was really looking forward to reading this book becuase it's written in the form of e-mails, letters etc but when I started to read it, I became 98% sure that I've read this before. It all seemed very familiar. So I was a bit bored at the start of the book, but it picked up half way and was quiet a good read. Lucy was a total dimwit. And I figured out her love life before she did.
Kingfan30
It reminded me a bit of Briget Jones but instead of diary format this is put together in the form of emails, phone messages, memos, letters and notes left on fridge. I felt this format should not work but it does, the story is quite easy to follow. Lucy is pretty scatty and naive and the story is predictable but is a fun read.
Emma
Jul 11, 2011 Emma rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My least favourite Fiona Walker book by far. Too bitty, the girl in it you want to throttle as the 'will they - won't they' is so obvious and long winded I almost gave up. Almost a parody of Walker's other books. Ok. Just.
Julie
Jan 31, 2013 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it but wanted to punch Lucy most of the time and the fact that her name is added to the end of almost every spoken line is annoying.
Eko
Jan 22, 2010 Eko rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
ringan, lucu seperti umumnya chicklit. lumayan jd selingan diakhir pekan. cuma agak nyebelin karena modelnya kumpulan imel tokoh utamanya.
Anna
Aug 05, 2014 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit, 5-stars
Loved Mike, bless him! Loved how this was written in diary, note, blog and email form. One of my all time fave chick-lits!
Firda
Aug 29, 2008 Firda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
'B' aja ah... Untuk model-model penulisan cerita model email-email-an gini masih mendingan Meg Cabot kemana-mana...
Hannah
ok this is not a usual book that i would pick up BUT the summery sounds intriguing
Rabab Kazi
Funny book that can make you laugh and cry at the same time.. Good read !
Hannah
Jun 29, 2009 Hannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the way this story was told through messages and notes!
Juliet
Read in January 2002 when I still enamored with crappy chicklit.
Mel. A.
May 19, 2010 Mel. A. is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book quite slow, but I liked it.
Lisa (scarlet21)
Light, easy read, witty sort of comedy of errors.
Amy
Jun 27, 2008 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Only book I didn't like that much
Kailee Fogg
Aug 06, 2011 Kailee Fogg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny...
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
  • The Paradise Room
  • Perfect Strangers
  • Love Trainer
  • The Man Who Made Husbands Jealous (Rutshire Chronicles, #4)
  • Something to Talk about
  • No Strings Attached
  • Someone Special
  • Sea Fever
  • Jumping To Conclusions
  • Head Over Heels
  • A Crowded Marriage
  • Lucy Blue, Where Are You?
  • Getting Mad, Getting Even