Brother

Brother

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Dominic blames his brother, Spencer, for bringing ruin to their childhood home. He saw his baby brother as a malign force that provoked their parents to conflict and bitterness.

Only once in their childhood did the brothers nearly reconcile, and that was when Spencer defended Dominic from the school bully, Lar Mangan.

As the brothers grow to adulthood, Dominic’s path again c...more
Published April 29th 2013 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Brother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brother

Rosann
2 brothers with chips on both shoulders, a confused wife, a pissed off girlfriend and 2 passive parents ( Mom, and Dad)and friends that ( omg) would have driven me insane.

As I read this, I kept thinking why why am I reading this book, but as I ended each page I would turn for the next page and so on and so on until I was at the end.

But in the end, I was glad I stayed and finished the book, even though both brothers make you feel like reaching into the pages and knocking them both on the head an...more
P.J. King

This was a good read, with sharp, taut and believable dialogue. The contemporary use of language underpins this roller coaster tale about a tragic and dysfunctional family. It is a dark story, told with a quirky humour, and the reader is drawn along at a fast pace. The sociopathic bully in the story is well crafted and plausible, and juxtaposed well with reader's total empathy with the main protagonist. The price and choices these characters make, as the story twists and turns, linger on in you...more
Shana M. Garrity
At one point in the book the reader knows who the culprit is and you just wish they could figure it out. Makes you read and read right until the end! Good book, parts a bit outlandish but interesting storyline and characters.
Blake Kanewischer
This book has pitch-perfect dialogue with largely believable characters. It will force you to reconsider your relationships and how they have ended, progressed, and carried on. In that context, it's a brilliant book.

With that said, I struggled with the plot devices and twists; they bordered on the implausible in at least a few instances.
Sienna Schwartz
Good read

Would have preferred less language but I enjoyed the turn of events. It made me want to keep reading to see what would happen next!

PfromJ
Would probably not have come across this if not for a free BookBub offering. Compelling story and characters, great writing style — Bravo! Will definitely keep an eye out for Jim Murray in the future.
Izabela P.
Brother is a story of a family feud, a dark tale, lightly told. I found the narrative to be often quirky and offbeat, and is at all times engaging with a very enjoyable momentum. This novel really is a page turner.
Klr
I enjoyed this book. It's making me rethink my issues with my older sister, which is a good thing. I'm not sure I believe some of the plot turns, but it all worked together and was ultimately satisfying.
Lesley Hayes
Lesley Hayes is currently reading it
Aug 21, 2014
LaceyAnn C
LaceyAnn C marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Bryan
Bryan marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Connie Charron
Connie Charron marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Sue Campbell
Sue Campbell marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Judith Emilio
Judith Emilio marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Micaela
Micaela marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Swartzbg
Swartzbg marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Carole Hurlbut
Carole Hurlbut marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Samm.
Samm. marked it as to-read
Diana Sauls
Diana Sauls marked it as to-read
Kim Miller-edmondson
Kim Miller-edmondson marked it as to-read
Midori
Midori marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
CL
CL marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Bert Edens
Bert Edens marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Bj Markowski
Bj Markowski marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I am the 45 year old owner of a media company based in Ireland. I have, in the distant past, written features for magazines, and I have also written three novels (mere apprentice pieces!) - my latest novel, Brother, is my fourth; and the first that I have had the confidence to publish.
More about Jim Murray...