Someone Like You (Someone to Love, #2)

Someone Like You (Someone to Love #2)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  761 ratings  ·  48 reviews
A sexy, romantic read from the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Someone to Love. When coed Ally Monroe literally falls into the arms of a tattooed bad-boy one summer night, she can't seem to let go. Morgan Jordan is everything Ally doesn't want—he's a playboy from a blue collar background, and Ally's looking for upper-class stability. Though their relatio...more
Published January 28th 2014 by Skyscape

Makayla
Excited about this book! Loved the first one so much and hoping we get more of Cruise and Kendall!
Kristen
Arti
It just didn't do it for me.
Delphina
Once again Addison has created a romance filled with humor, depth, heat, fun and characters you feel like you know. Is this a realistic novel? Absolutely not, which is what makes it so much more fun. Morgan and Ally connect from their very first meeting. Of course that meeting was her actually falling in his lap. Ally may go to a prestigious college, but her background is anything but and she wants nothing more then to move up in the world. Morgan is successful in baseball, but has not always ma...more
Heather andrews
Morgan he's such a charmer, "I'm not an abductor, so it's not a problem." His grin widens and my insides squeeze tight. I take in his lean, mean body while the tat on his left arm explodes to life as a fire-breathing dragon. "In fact, I'll let you take me someplace. Hell, I'll even let you bring a weapon." His thoughts are entertaining, "could Ally have taken it? Nope. She was too busy taking things I was willing to give her, like myself. A loose smile plays on my lips because, hot damn, my ball...more
Brandi  Carkin
Really liked Morgan and Ally together but hated the games they played. All those little "trying to make her/him jealous moves" got old, fast.

But, Morgan did have the capability to melt my heart. Loved his reaction to and acceptance of Ruby. What he did for Ally at the end... total swoon moment.

I just can't fathom why no one told Morgan about Blair sooner- What she did to Cruise and Kenny (because they knew too, obviously)... Even if Morgan wanted to make Ally jealous, he NEVER would have messed...more
Amanda
As always this is just to let you know before reading my review that I write my reviews as I am reading so I don’t forget anything I wanted to say. So please keep that in mind when you reading this and if it seems like I am making any guesses as to what MIGHT happen this is why.

Okay so Kendall is kind of being hypocritical in this book…at first she tries to set up Ally and her brother…and now she thinks it’s a bad idea after she hears them having sex…which is what she wanted in the first place....more
Three Chicks
4.5 Stars
I adored Cruise Elton and Kendall Jordan in Someone to Love and this story picks up right after that one. Morgan is Kendall’s brother, a star baseball athlete attending college on a full athletic scholarship in Oregon. He is visiting his sister and mom in Carrington, Massachusetts. His mom is getting married to Cruise’s dad and he is here for the wedding. But on his way, he stops at the Pretty Girls Gentlemen’s Club for a few drinks.

Ally is Kendall’s friend. Life has been hard and she...more
Heather Tackett
Someone Like You follows Kendall's friend Ally and her brother Morgan. There's still a little bit of Kendall and Cruise in the story, but the lucky couple in this book kind of make Kendall and Cruise seem like a thing from the past.

Ally is tired of being broke and having an unfortunate life. I can totally relate to that. Her sister's solution? Become an exotic dancer. (I cannot relate to that) Which would be fine if Ally weren't so shy and clumsy. Her first night on the job, she plummets off the...more
Tabby
I have been impatiently waiting for Someone Like You for what seems like forever, and let me tell you the wait was worth it! Addison seamlessly mixes humor and pure hotness. She can go from effortlessly making you laugh to melting your panties the next minute. I completely fell in love with Morgan and Ally. They were two very relatable characters who you rooted for, and hoped that love truly conquers all. We also get to see into the lives of Kendall and Cruise too. If you have not read Someone T...more
Stephanie ~
Jun 07, 2014 Stephanie ~ marked it as to-read

The cover for book 2 is here!!!! Can't wait to get my hands on this bad-boy romance!... and best friend's brother? ... Sign me up! Added to my TBR :)

SLYCover

Amanda
Love

Love

I absolutely adore Addison Moore! She is an amazing writer and never disappoints. I am trying to patiently await each of the next installments of all her work and can't wait to find out what comes next. She is absolutely my favorite author and I hope to still be buying new books from her when I'm a ripe old age. If you have read anything by Addison you are going to love this latest work and if you haven't...well what are you waiting for lol.
Tracy Lundy-Munn
Addison Moore did it again with Someone Like You!!! This was book 2 in this series and I think it was a great follow up to Someone to Love. Morgan & Ally had chemistry that was off the charts in and out of the bedroom. This book had twists and turns that kept my attention from beginning to end. The storyline was solid as was the characters. Looking forward to reading the next book in this series along with other books by Addison Moore!!
Stephanie Motiff
Where to begin. First and foremost- save your money. This book essentially involves a girl who is bitchy, treats others like ass, only looks for men with money, and acts like an idiot. I just cannot relate to her or her thought process in making decisions. When we get the explanation for why she acts the way she does it is just not justified.

Seriously though...find another read.
Cailin
If you enjoy a sexy, captivating, quick read, you'll love Someone Like You by Addison Moore. This fast-paced, love/lust-at-first-sight novel is escapism at its best. While pitfalls and bitter adversaries try to keep the main characters apart, these opposites attract! And Moore's energetic prose keep you entranced until the last page.
Catie Corcoran sabo
I absolutely loved this book. Someone to Love was great but this one was better! Poor Ally has had such a hard life. Morgan shows up and rescues her over and over. I loved these two and would like to read more of their story. I also would love to find out what exactly happens to the evil Blair.
Krystal Dunlap
I loved Someone Like a you by Addison Moore. It was a little confusing because it was the first book I have read that switches between the two main characters perspectives. I read the book in two days it was hard to put down. I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Brandon Rickman
I want my own Morgan. Where can I find a sweet man like Morgan? It's funny how all these romance stories always have one common element that connects these people. Like Morgan waiting to find out if he is a dad and ally having a baby that she had to give away. This story had the elements of jealous females all fighting for Morgans attention and the saving element where Morgan and ally find themselves in a burning building hoping to be saved so they can live there lives in the forever realm. Then...more
Nancy
Why did I read this? Same cardboard characters with mildly more chemistry than the last two. Add in the academic screw-up, Blair throwing her monkey wrenches, and it was almost the same book. The cycle ends here!
Daniale
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. I thought this was a sweet story, smokin' hot and steamy too, but sweet. Obviously, when you read the first page and the setting is a strip club and the main character Ally is about to go on stage, you may think not so sweet. However, nobody is perfect, and although the circumstances of the Ally and Morgan meeting are a bit unusual, it really makes for a good story.
Veronica Laroche
Amazing

I loved this book. Once I started to read I could not put this book down. I loved sexy Morgan and Ally. They are so great together. I loved reading about Cruise and Kenny as well. Addison more never disappoints me. can't wait to read the continuation of Cruise and Kenny.
Rina Smith
I loved this book - It was an audio book for me, but it was performed great. The overall story made me laugh out loud a number of times.

This book was written with a great sense of humor and told the story very well.
Karen
Well, the book was very fun. It was sexy, thrilling, but mostly fun. Ally and Morgan are quite the pair. Fun!
Malissa
Feb 04, 2014 Malissa marked it as to-read
Sequel to Someone To Love!! How did this one get over-looked??? Up next on my TBR-list for sure!
Tina Stadig-Lewis
I loved Kendall and Cruise's story and I LOVE Ally and Morgan's story. Their chemistry is amazing, how they meet. You never know what a one night stand can bring about.
Kerrydevine
Ok...so another damn fine read, about a damn fine chap, by a damn fine author <3
Annie
Meh, I think the story was better than the first one though.
  • Let Me Love You (Love, #4)
  • Damaging Me (Savor Us, #2)
  • Seductive Chaos (Bad Rep, #3)
  • Bad Company (Summer Love, #2)
  • My Sweetest Escape (My Favorite Mistake, #2)
  • More with You (With You, #2)
  • The Dare (The Bet, #3)
  • Coming Down (Bound Together, #3)
  • A Song For Us (White Trash Trilogy, #3)
  • Seeking Her (Losing It, #3.5)
  • Always Forever (Sometimes Never, #4)
  • Wide Open (Wide Awake, #2)
  • Unwrapped (Beachwood Bay, #2.5)
  • Falling (This, #4)
  • Reaching Gavin (Good Girls Don't, #3)
  • Guarding His Heart (Forever Love, #4)
  • Tainted (Torn, #3)
  • All or Nothing (Love by Design, #3)
Addison Moore is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who writes contemporary and paranormal romance. Previously she worked as a therapist on a locked psychiatric unit for nearly a decade. She resides on the West Coast with her husband, four wonderful children, and two dogs where she eats too much chocolate and stays up way too late. When she's not writing, she's reading.
More about Addison Moore...
Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1) Ethereal (Celestra, #1) Tremble (Celestra, #2) Burn (Celestra, #3) Wicked (Celestra, #4)