Start by marking “Threaten the Body Destroy the Mind” as Want to Read:
Threaten the Body Destroy the Mind

Threaten the Body Destroy the Mind

Some of us do things in life to make a difference, have a positive impact on our country, and create a better life for the next generations. We hold on to our ethics and morals, and put trust into the system - but what happens when that system turns on you. "Moore was speaking, but I was too shocked to understand what he was saying, initially. I had on my bullet proof ...more
Published May 14th 2013 by Outskirts Press

To ask other readers questions about Threaten the Body Destroy the Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Threaten the Body Destroy the Mind

Krystal
Jun 19, 2013 Krystal rated it did not like it
Typically, when I first start my reviews, I offer my readers either the Amazon.com or Goodreads.com synopsis or my own (depending on my time constraints). However, in this case, I believe that can come a bit later as I believe this memoir was nothing like this was made out to be.

To begin, I received a request to review from one of the websites I am a member of. The e-mail went like this:

"Air Force Videographer Deployed to Iraq Faces Threats from Within and Without in the New Autobiography, Threa
Darcia Helle
Jun 27, 2013 Darcia Helle rated it did not like it
I want to make it clear that I find it difficult to write a negative review of any person's memoir. But, in this instance, I could find nothing redeeming to latch onto.

This book was not what I expected at all. I received a review request in the form of a press release, in which this book was portrayed as the story of a young man being placed in a war zone without proper military training. He claimed physical abuse and a cover up. I expected a gripping story. What I received was 61-pages of self-