Start by marking “The Case of the Vanishing Fishhook #31” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Vanishing Fishhook #31

The Case of the Vanishing Fishhook #31 (Hank the Cowdog #31)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  147 ratings  ·  6 reviews
For starters, he's the star of the hilarious, best-selling series that USA Today calls "the best family entertainment in years." He's also a tough-talking, big-hearted, West Texan cowdog whose position as Head of Ranch Security consistently lands him in all kinds of amusing trouble. Even after an exhausting morning defending the ranch, Hank still has energy left for a fish ...more
Published January 1st 1999 by Puffin (first published July 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Vanishing Fishhook #31, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Vanishing Fishhook #31

PWRL
Mar 05, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
E
Merceda
Hank shouldn't eat the liver that Albert was using for fish bait. Of course, he did, and he swallowed the hook. Then Slim fed him tons of dish soap to try and get him to puke the liver and fish hook back out. And Hank wasn't puking, even after Slim grabbed him up and swung him around and around and around. But then Slim puked. Finally, Hank puked up the liver and fish hook, and all was much better. But Sally Mae told Albert never ever go fishing again!
Kristin Arens
Because I had no other crime and mystery books in my house, I had to read Hank the Cowdog. I hadn't ever read on of these books before, and now that I have, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have liked them when I was little either. It was written for children, though, so that could also be why I didn't enjoy it at all. I felt that there was a lot of unnecessary comments that didn't really add to the book itself, and the mystery part of it was very short-lived.
Brianna Prince
This was probably my favorite of the Hank the Cowdog books that I've read, though "Tuerto, the One-Eyed Killer Stud Horse is a close second. I laughed so hard at their efforts to rid poor Hank of that fish hook. Hank is troublesome yet lovable.
Darryl Cole
I read pretty much this entire series years ago after I descovered them in my elementary school libary. The plot, and characters are great. Plus these books are extremly funny. I loved this series then and I still love it.
кαтє ♚ ʙᴀɴᴅ-ᴀɪᴅs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғɪx ʙᴜʟʟᴇᴛ ʜᴏʟᴇs
Timothy Wanless
Timothy Wanless marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Kayla Warren
Kayla Warren marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Macgregor
Macgregor is currently reading it
Nov 14, 2014
serena482*
serena482* marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Johannes Kristian
Johannes Kristian marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Kelsey
Kelsey added it
Sep 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Howie Monroe and the Doghouse of Doom (Tales From the House of Bunnicula, #3)
  • Beware Of Dog (McGrowl #1)
  • Galloping Gold (Phantom Stallion: Wild Horse Island, #11)
  • Terrier in the Tinsel (Animal Ark, #34)
John R. Erickson, a former cowboy and ranch manager, is gifted with a storyteller's knack for spinning a yarn. Through the eyes of Hank the Cowdog, a smelly, smart-aleck Head of Ranch Security, Erickson gives readers a glimpse of daily life on a ranch in the West Texas Panhandle. This series of books and tapes is in school libraries across the country, has sold more than 7.6 million copies, is a B ...more
More about John R. Erickson...

Hank the Cowdog (1 - 10 of 61 books)
  • The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (Hank the Cowdog #1)
  • The Further Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (Hank the Cowdog, #2)
  • It's a Dog's Life (Hank the Cowdog, #3)
  • Murder in the Middle Pasture (Hank the Cowdog, #4)
  • Faded Love (Hank the Cowdog, #5)
  • Let Sleeping Dogs Lie (Hank the Cowdog, #6)
  • The Curse of the Incredible Priceless Corncob (Hank the Cowdog, #7)
  • The Case of the One-Eyed Killer Stud Horse (Hank the Cowdog, #8)
  • The Case of the Halloween Ghost (Hank the Cowdog, #9)
  • Every Dog Has His Day (Hank the Cowdog, #10)
The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (Hank the Cowdog #1) The Further Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (Hank the Cowdog, #2) It's a Dog's Life (Hank the Cowdog, #3) Murder in the Middle Pasture (Hank the Cowdog, #4) Let Sleeping Dogs Lie (Hank the Cowdog, #6)