Let Sleeping Dogs Lie (Hank the Cowdog, #6)

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie (Hank the Cowdog #6)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  497 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A chicken killer is loose on the ranch. In this story, Loper has laid down the law to Hank and Drover: the chicken killing must stop or else. (Gulp.) It's up to the Head of Ranch Security to interrogate every possible suspect, even old friends. Could Drover be the terrible chicken killer?
Published August 1st 1998 by Puffin (first published September 1st 1988)

A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron"If I Should Die Before My Dog -- " by Joe ConnollyThe Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth SteinMarley and Me by John GroganWhere the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
Dog Lovers
241st out of 257 books — 362 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristi
Description: Hank the Cowdog is Head of Ranch Security. The chickens are his responsibility. Whatever has been killing the chickens is, therefore, his problem. But life is so DIFFICULT when you have responsibilities. What if you can't figure out who the chief suspect is? When you have so much to deal with -- the neighbor's collie, a devious mailman, the vicious horses in the pasture -- even the toughest law enforcement officers get worn down. And what happens if the chief suspect is... you?

Conce...more
Garrett
I laughed until I cried.
Darryl Cole
I read pretty much this entire series years ago after I descovered them in my elementary school libary. The plot, and characters are great. Plus these books are extremly funny. I loved this series then and I still love it.
Darryl Cole
Cherise Mattson
i learned that hank just wanted to rest because he was an old dog, but there was a new puppy who kept him on his tip toes.
Brenda
i started reading this series because i started running out of books to read during my 4th grade but it was good
Oct 02, 2010 Jenny added it
im readin dis bukk and i really dnt likk HANK THUHH COW DOG bcuz juhs not intrestid in it buht i still am readin it!
Sydney
when there's a chicken killer on the loose Loper says that there can be no more chicken killing or else.
Kathy
Silly cowdog isn't as smart as he thinks he is. Boys who like the Timewarp Trio series will also like this.
Genesis
i read dis book b4 but it kindaa boring jenny i dnt blamme yuhh
Payton
How come coyoties are the killer?
Brenna
Megan's book
Trey
Trey marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Josh
Josh is currently reading it
Apr 11, 2014
Jenny added it
Apr 08, 2014
Jenny
Jenny is currently reading it
Apr 13, 2014
Tamara Bennett
Tamara Bennett marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Melody L. Moris
Melody L. Moris marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Nilyne Hicks
Nilyne Hicks marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Sierra
Sierra added it
Mar 15, 2014
  • The Old Motel Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #23)
  • Henry Reed's Babysitting Service
  • Sir Fartsalot Hunts the Booger
  • All You Ever Need
  • Joey Fly, Private Eye in Creepy Crawly Crime
  • Poop Happened!: A History of the World from the Bottom Up
  • Benjamin Franklin
  • Treasures from Grandma (Grandma's Attic, #4)
  • The Short-Wave Mystery (Hardy Boys, #24)
John R. Erickson, a former cowboy and ranch manager, is gifted with a storyteller's knack for spinning a yarn. Through the eyes of Hank the Cowdog, a smelly, smart-aleck Head of Ranch Security, Erickson gives readers a glimpse of daily life on a ranch in the West Texas Panhandle. This series of books and tapes is in school libraries across the country, has sold more than 7.6 million copies, is a B...more
More about John R. Erickson...
The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (Hank the Cowdog #1) The Further Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (Hank the Cowdog, #2) It's a Dog's Life (Hank the Cowdog, #3) Murder in the Middle Pasture (Hank the Cowdog, #4) Faded Love (Hank the Cowdog, #5)