Start by marking “Indispensable! How to Be More Effective, Productive and Promotable” as Want to Read:
Indispensable! How to Be More Effective, Productive and Promotable

Indispensable! How to Be More Effective, Productive and Promotable

Published September 6th 2013 by McGraw-Hill (first published July 1st 2001)

Be the first to ask a question about Indispensable! How to Be More Effective, Productive and Promotable

Miranda Diaz
This is a great book for what it is: an entry level primer on starting a professional career. This isn't meant to be a high level read for established professionals so if that's what your'e looking for you'll be disappointed. We used this in a book club with recent grads who were interns as well as our young professional staff and found this to be a great intro into how to build your career.
Wayne McCoy
Apr 20, 2014 Wayne McCoy rated it it was ok
'Indispensable' dispenses basic business information on how to become more important to your company. The advice is good, but perhaps a bit basic, but maybe that's okay. Maybe there should be an entry level guide for those just starting out in a company.

With tips like dressing the part, and how to behave at business meals, the tips are well presented. There are sections on proper humor and speaking and writing.

It's no nonsense and probably the advice you'd like to give your kids joining the wor
Dana
Jul 23, 2015 Dana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think that this book has good advice for young people who may be new to the business world. They do need to realize that the way they present themselves is important as well as how they speak and behave in business situations. I don't think there is any new or different information in this book that cannot be found other places and I think that older people and those who are familiar with other similar books will not find anything new here. I received this book free to review from Netgalley.
Trevor Sterner
I believe this book is intended for people new to a corporate environment, or perhaps those stuck in a rut in their career and unsure why. It was written as though it was for business managers, but I would suggest it is better suited as a beginners guide to office etiquette.

For the right audience, I thing this might be a good book (again, people stuck in a career rut due to certain behavior traits they may be unaware of), but it is not really suitable for a business management audience in my opi
Denise Morse
Apr 29, 2014 Denise Morse rated it it was ok
Shelves: business
This is a very basic, beginner business book but would be a fantastic book to give to a recently graduated young adult just starting out in the business world. It briefly and clearly lays out how to be a good and honest employee, how to act responsible and how to succeed at work. Unfortunately this for me was a rehash of a lot of other books I have read but i see the value in it.
Frederik
Apr 29, 2014 Frederik rated it liked it
Un self-help book qui est un peu trop basique, mais qui m'appris l'importance d'écouter: 75% écoute, 10% réflexion, 15% parler. Voilà.
Wendy
Feb 27, 2014 Wendy rated it it was ok
Shelves: business
Very basic, but a fantastic book for what you want to tell your sons and daughters, but they would never listen to it from you!
Mattail
Mattail rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2013
R F
R F rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Diane Krupa
Diane Krupa rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Lorisia
Lorisia rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2015
John
John rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2014
John Kraus
John Kraus rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Garrett
Garrett rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Scott Lynn
Scott Lynn rated it it was ok
Nov 29, 2016
Luca Conti
Feb 27, 2014 Luca Conti rated it liked it
not so indispensable
Becca
Becca rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Robert Castillo
Robert Castillo rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2016
Anusha Narasimhan
Anusha Narasimhan rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2016
Chris Burt
Chris Burt rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Fatima
Fatima rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Latinka
Latinka rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Martin
Martin rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2015
Ronnie Andrade
Ronnie Andrade rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2015
Daniel Rendelman
Daniel Rendelman rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Diana Lau
Diana Lau rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2016