Start by marking “In His Pocket” as Want to Read:
In His Pocket
Read Book

In His Pocket

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  356 ratings  ·  57 reviews
Patrick was twenty-one years old when he found fourteen year old Matt digging through his trash. Little did he know that he was about become the boy’s caretaker. Being a caretaker, however, was no easy task, especially since the kid managed to leave Patrick dumbfounded more than not as the years passed.

Now, at eighteen, Matt presents Patrick with a problem on a whole new l
ebook, Second, 7 pages
Published June 10th 2013 by Ice Cave Publishing (first published January 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about In His Pocket, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In His Pocket

Erica Pike
Jul 15, 2013 Erica Pike added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: People who don't take life too seriously
The second edition of this story is now downloadable on Goodreads, ARe, and Amazon (costs $0.99 on Amazon, I'm still trying to make it free). The text has been cleaned up and the story is more fluent (and romantic).

I hope people will realize that this little story is supposed to be humorous and not something serious.
Preston
"The kid is manlier than I will ever be." The author seems to think manliness is determined by size and how muscular a person is. Perhaps she should find another genre if she thinks a gay man's manhood is only what's on display and that our minds don't count. Not all gay men are divided into big men and small men and tops and bottoms and gay guys regardless of size can be versatile. She has no concept of our reality.
Lili

Seven pages of deliciousness! My only complaint is that I wish it was a whole book!
Deeze
This has the makings of an interesting story. Sadly as it stands now its seems more like an idea the author had rather than a short story.

I don't expect great detail in shorts like this, but I do like some kind of reason. The author does say Please note: I hope people will realize that this little story is supposed to be humorous and not serious. Sadly it failed in that aspect for me too.
Sandra
2.5 stars Hmm... definitely tricky to rate. I find myself being harsher on it because there is soooo much potential and I want to read the full-length version of this! This was cute and sweet but didn't evoke too much emotion because it was so short. I definitely think that sex scene should have had more dialogue and been much more emotionally charged given that Matt had loved him for four years, I really wanted to cry but it just didn't happen. Also, a longer length would have allowed for the m ...more
Shelby
The unbelievability of the premise really kills this one for me. It's one thing if they're foster brothers, but there's no way that a 21yr old kid is going to be granted custody of a 14yr old runaway he has no relation to. Of course this is all rushed together in a short and just falls into the yeah right category for me. The writing quality isn't bad thus the 2 stars.
Faaiz
Jun 29, 2013 Faaiz rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: shit
This story is 'humorous' but for all the wrong reasons. Yes, a 21 year old male just jumped up at the chance to adopt a trash-rummaging 14 year old boy because let's face it which 21 year old wouldn't sacrifice the best part of his life for caring for a teenager. He also got approved by social services! He was THAT financially stable and mentally ready to cope up with the challenge. Woo hoo! Hallelujah it's a miracle!
And you know what? The kid not only turned out to be gay but also handpicked hi
AmyI
It was short and it was free, so I'm not going to pick it apart and mention the unrealistic details... like social services letting a 14 year old runaway live with a 21 year old stranger who's never been a foster parent before. Nope, not going there. If you can suspend reality on a lot of issues it was a sweet story :)
Vallie
Riiiiiiiiight. This is basically 7 pages of fantasy. Because this sh*t would never ever happen in the real world. But, this is fiction. Nevertheless, I can still be frustrated with fiction so out there that I roll my eyes every other paragraph reading it. It's free, so proceed at will.
Erticchic378
Cute and funny. Short though. I wish it were longer with a bit of backround.
Tailtiu
short and free.
Wicked
Jun 15, 2015 Wicked added it
Shelves: 2-have-2-hold
I'm not going to rate because it was to short to make my rating fair. I read it, the writing was decent, the idea had some potential but it was far from fleshed out enough to make it anything but uncomfortable. Same premise but handled better was Sidecar by Amy Lane.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Jun 23, 2013 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: author
Shelves: reviewed
Quick review:

Cover:Okay
Rating: NC-17
Thumbs Up: 3.5
Overall: Interesting
Characters: Good job
Plot: You never know where you will find love
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Patrick

SUMMARY
This author never disappoints on her sexy tales. This one may cross the line for some, but if you sit back and think on it you will realize that everything legal in love and war. LoL. Why 3.5 stars. Well, I really did enjoy it. I just wish it were longer. I think then the characte
Cindi

Short and sweet. I can see where it might bug some or be a little outside of their comfort zones but I liked it. Sure, there is not much to it and you get very little in regards to character and story development but it's perfect for what it is... a short story.
Jilrene ♥
Really sweet short story. This is how a short story should go! I don't have to see every detail of the 4 or 5 years prior, the little summaries do just fine to make this real. That being said, I wouldn't mind another story for these two. I think they could be fun guys to hang around. ;)
clear skies
I'm not sure what I am suppose to make of a foster dad suddenly getting together with his foster son. Nor do I imagine (if my maths is correct) that such a young guy would even get a foster son. I tried something out of my comfort zone and it didn't work.
Da'ad
Hm. Cute but something is missing and I think it's the character development and feasibility. I liked the idea so much though, and the characters were decent enough. I'd love to read a book about something like this (but longer, for heaven's sake).
Pantslady
Engaging and cute and a bit funny, but I'd like to see a bit more development of both characters. When there are only two, there aren't a lot of excuses to not.
Sadonna
Interesting free short story. I liked the writing style and would like to read some other stories from this author - which are in my TRB pile!
Amber
I thought it was a really nice story. I know a lot of people cant get over the foster relation thingy, but I think its a sweet story regardless.
Pati
This is a very good short. I would love to see a more indepth sequel, really dig into their life and see how things ultimately work out.
Terra Noah
I'm changing this from 4 stars to 5. The story is just too funny and I love the writing style. Wish it was longer.
Madison Parker
How did you manage to make me laugh and cry in so few words? I loved Patrick! Hooray for hot, happy endings! :-)
Veronica /  V
For such a short story and I mean very, very short, it was quite lovely indeed.
Did not expect to like this short story but....I think I found a new kink!
Tame
humorous, and definitely a light, short read :) Wish it were longer!!
Justin
3.5 Stars
Very short, but funny & sweet, free story.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
That's what the author noted about this short, so I took that into consideration while reading it..

Although I didn't find it humorous I did read it and take it with a grain of salt and ignored things that would normally bother me. (view spoiler)
tacitus
This is less of a short story and more of just a tale. Seriously, the length and scope is pretty much on par with a story someone tells you at a bar over a beer or two. That being said, I thought it was a good tale and has a lot of potential. It reads almost like a summary of a much larger book (which this tale could, and probably should, be).
Gay Romance by Er...: In His Pocket 2 2 Feb 07, 2013 01:38PM
  • Falling Away
  • Just One Kiss
  • Between Friends
  • Dirty Drag 2: The Night Drags On
  • Fuzzy (First Impressions, #2)
  • Hard Ride
  • Lost Time
  • The Badass Of His Dreams
  • Life Drawing
  • Deep in the Count
  • Be My Boy
If you're interested in my books, you might want to join my Goodreads group: Gay Romance by Erica Pike.

I haven't been writing since I was in diapers, nor have I been an avid reader since I learned my ABC's. I have, however, always been a daydreamer spinning tales after tales. After having exhausted every possible scenario of man-woman love, I started weaving stories of men who love men. I know! So
More about Erica Pike...
A Life Without You (Boston Boys, #1) Absolutely Eric (Boston Boys, #2) Half-Baked Promises (Castor Springs, #1) Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3) Midnight Muffins (Castor Springs, #2)