Start by marking “Raven Queen's Story (Ever After High, #0.2)” as Want to Read:
Raven Queen's Story (Ever After High, #0.2)

Raven Queen's Story (Ever After High 0.2)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  1,627 ratings  ·  151 reviews
Raven Queen, the daughter of the Evil Queen, is destined to give the poisoned apple to Snow White's daughter. But Raven has a spark of rebelliousness in her heart and she knows one thing for sure-evil is so not her style. Read all about her getting ready to return to Ever After High in this excerpt from the upcoming book The Storybook of Legends.
Published July 30th 2013 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published July 23rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Raven Queen's Story, please sign up.

Mica key I really like how Raven Queen decided not to follow in her mother's path. It is a really great book and hope more follow in the Ever After High…moreI really like how Raven Queen decided not to follow in her mother's path. It is a really great book and hope more follow in the Ever After High series. This also shows the perspective of how Raven feels about legacy day(less)
Cinderella Stays Late by Joan HolubRed Riding Hood Gets Lost by Joan HolubRapunzel Cuts Loose by Joan HolubSnow White Lucks Out by Joan HolubCinderella Stays Late by Joan Holub
fairy tale books for kids
30th out of 75 books — 4 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingVampire Academy by Richelle MeadA Little Princess by Frances Hodgson BurnettAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsLooking for Alaska by John Green
Fiction Set in a Boarding School
57th out of 67 books — 33 voters

More lists with this book...

I have a feeling Raven is going to be my favorite character. Raven is the daughter of the Evil Queen and the Good King. In this teaser scene, Raven is dreading heading off to Ever After High for her Legacy Year. Her mother, who happens to be trapped in a mirror prison, is eager for her daughter to take her place as the next Evil Queen, but Raven isn't so sure she wants to be evil...
------------
Now that I've started reading Ever After High: The Storybook of Legends, I discovered this story is jus
bre (booky berries)
her mother really did love her, in a way. hope was like a sticky, too-sweet syrup she yearned to drink just one more time.
like i said in my review of apple white's story, i absolutely love ever after high. i love the whole message that it's okay to be yourself, no matter what your lineage calls for.

the first thing i thought about this story was that it was a little deeper than apple white's, and the mood was entirely different. not only in the obvious way, since raven's legacy is all doom and
Jocelin
An introduction to one of the characters in the new Ever After High series. I think the Raven Queen will make the Ever After High series fun. This was my favorite out of the ebook novella series.
lacey
"mirror mirror on the wall," she said, "umm... Show me my mother."

The mirror didn't require a rhyme to work. Rhyming was so last chapter.

This is the second of the introduction stories in the Ever After High series, following Apple White's, and is about Raven Queen, the daughter of the Evil Queen from Snow White. Once again the story follows raven as she gets ready to head back to school just as Apple's had. This story was a little longer and I liked it better.

Apple's was mostly about her pack
Robynn
I dint like how it ended

I chose 3 because of how it just ended. The book didn't have a real ending. I want more. The book seems unfinished finished.
Sydnee  Elizabeth marie Mabe
Htdjtditditdtidyidyidyidyiditdtidyidyidi

nxgjxgjxgjxgjchkccyidyidyidyixkychkchmcchkxkyhkcykfykdykxykxydjyjxyxkydkyxkykxykdydkydkyjdgxjgckb nchmhkcyck Fri and ok I of course you can get rid and trying out to go with me know what the right right reasons to read read it is the first place on earth are not the rest assured of way to go running a bit of the last few weeks back to go to get a chance for the first one reason why we are still there was a new phone number and I'll get back to get a good d
Julia Brumfield
Series Summary: Totally didn't like the idea and wonder why I chose these books again. Being a fan of fairytales I was looking forward to see what kind of twist but this is going to be one series that I am truly going to stay away from.

The children were snobby and the people no matter the age were mentally damaged. I mean who has ever suffered in life would hope their children would willing suffer the same fate just to be happily ever after? So wrong in so many accounts.

And the modern touch w
Barbora
Další ukázka ke knize Storybook of legends ze série Ever After High.

Raven Queen je taky princezna. Má zámek i služebnictvo, jenže to její bohatství i budoucnost už jsou o dost temnější, než u Apple. Kdo by se taky divil, Raven je přeci dcerou Zlé královny. Ona sama bude jednoho dne Zlá královna! Nebo že by ne...

Prozrazovat nic nebudu, přečtěte si to všechno sami. :P
Erin
Wow!! I would suggest to anyone to read Raven Queen's ebook sampler first because it provides the reader with the most detail. Ever High is about to begin another school year and all 2nd year students including Raven must sign "The Storybook of Legends" which will begin their adventures to take over the hereditary titles of their fairy-tale parents. Purple-haired Raven might just have the hardest job of all. Her mother is the evil Queen and encourages Raven to upstage Apple, the daughter of Snow ...more
Bianca
I liked this novella better than the first but that might be because I like the characters involved in it- the evil Queen, compared to Snow White who I'm not a huge fan of.

I found this book set up the Ever After High world and gave it more dimension- maybe it was the inclusion of other character like Pinnochio and his daughter, and the Blue Fairy.

The only thing that agitated me in the book is the whole "Taylor Quick" as the Ever After Highs version of "Taylor Swift" and "Applepod". It feels li
Elevetha
1.5 stars.

I liked this one marginally better than Briar Beauty's Story, simply because I appreciated that Raven was rebelling against her fate and seemed like a half-way decent character.

The puns are absolutely appalling, the style of writing is too tween for my taste, and the dialogue is painful. I have no hexitement* concerning this series, nor will I ever.

*This is exactly the sort of thing I detest.
Miss Clark

I like the idea of Raven rebelling against becoming the next evil queen and wanting something different. She seems like a good egg and I may potentially read the first book just to see how she fares.

Her mum is crazy evil and you wonder was she any different before binding herself to the story? Or did she embrace her Legacy of cruelty and malice? Ugh.

Best of luck to Raven.

I really dislike the Mirrorpods and communication. It sounds so teeny-bopper.
KiWi
Creative series

I'm probably not the targeted age range to read this series, but still found this book so enjoyable! It really puts a nice twist on what I grew up reading about princess' and evil queens. It almost helps as a prerequisite to have read both sides of these kinds of tales. I definitely would recommend this series to my god-daughter and would love to read this book and others in this series with her! =)
Library
Now that the THE STORYBOOK OF LEGENDS, the first book in the EVER AFTER series, has been published, this eBook is a complete waste of reader's time. This story is actually chapter 1 of the aforementioned book meant as a teaser to sell books rather than a bonus story. This story is listed as the 0.2 in the series rather than 0.1 (Apple White) which is odd since it is the opposite order of the chapters in the book.
Georgia
I preferred this book to the first one. I found the character of raven a lot nicer and a lot more relatable. The story or though simple, I found a little more intriguing than the first book of the series and can see the link between the two. It's a decent little read. And again I loved the humorous little details in the beginning like the fact she was listening to Tailor Quicks new album on her Mirrorpod.
jonaiah Louis Jeune
Ever after high

Love this book it has life lessons that your child can learn from like no one can't tell you what you can't be or you have to be it is telling you to be you no. Matter what be you and do not be a person that you are not you are you that is why God made you this book is a life lessons. Watch it on Nickelodeon and on Netflix
A.
It is a nice introduction, to what I am assuming with be, hopefully, a larger book series that will go into depth of these characters.
Raven Queen is a interesting and relatable character, forced to go into the direction of evil by her pre-destined birth and following her Mother's foot steps but hesitant to believe that is all she is worth.
Hope to read more.
Jessica
This was offered for free from iBooks. It's a fun, very quick read (it probably took me ten minutes to read at the most), but it's enjoyable. It makes you want to see more from these characters, which is probably the point of them being offered for free. Intended for a pretty young audience, but still something fun for an adult to read quickly.

Alysha DeShaé
Again, shallow, but enough to provide a hook which is the purpose of these drabbles - or whatever they're being called! There are several bookish and fairy tale elements that seem to be common-place in this series. For example, "The mirror didn't require a rhyme to work. Rhyming was so last chapter." Also, Raven Queen is the Evil Queen's daughter and, apparently, the Good King is her father? Whatever works!
aasiyah Scott
Stupid

It was horrible gg gnocchi honing j in knob hero rghhyggvjjioojijnjjijuk nnjjjvgbhhbjokknjjnmmnmkmkkkkin.......immoral k they don't let me type it bhjjjhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj. Hi cinnamon. Innjjnjnninnj inhumane jjjjinnijnjn. Jjnnjjninnijninjbbjbbjbnjnjbjninniininininininininninininnininn.mknnininnnmomkmm.mmkkiiikkkmm
Gracie Jayde Thibodeaux
The best story in my life

This was the best story ever .My 2 year old daughter loves this book it helps her to get better at reading.

You should read this book it is 135 pages . But as long as you read it you will rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deanna Yuen
I love fairy tales and first stumbled upon the Ever After High dolls at the store. I thought they looked cute then found out they were a series so I decided to check them out. Its a short story but its pretty cute - following the Evil Queen's daughter.
Jessenia Roberta Rodriguez Webba
Good

I would recommend this book to kids in mid age, because it has words that might be too challenging for younger children. This book also includes a lot of mythical people that are popular in movies and stories I hope you enjoy.
moya d page
RAVEN IS AWESOME!

this hook is good. it is the first chapter of the first book. my fave part is when raven's mom says "Give 'em hex" it kinda reminds me of my mom. this is not the first book. I loved it. hope u enjoyed it
Joanne Myers
Ok so book/chapter two over with. again another short one, 7 or so pages. I see what they are trying to accomplish here. I'm gonna stick with it though the free ones and see if it makes me want to read the paid books.in the series.
Godofredo Alcantara
Don't lifjdjsjejdjendndjjxjjxjnnnnnnnnnnnnmnsnsnndnndndndnddnndnddnnd

ninjas and the rest are all in one of them and theyhttbtvttfvdgub yt?French

a some,a some,a some,a some,a some

church

t.v. uvvcnh

McKenzie Culliver
Brilliant reads

I just love how they change up the words to make it like a new but modern language and I know this is just a preview but I feel like I read so much into the life of raven queen daughter of the evil queen.
Melissa T
I had every intention of loving this book, Shannon Hale fan that I am. Maybe if I had read it it when I was eight years old I would have loved it. It was painful!! The name "Ever After High" should have been my first clue. It felt younger than high school, and sillier. Shannon hale created a fairy tale high school for all of the fairy tale characters in stories, so they had their own names for everything--mirrorpad, etc. I can't think of too many more because I thought they were dumb. Plus she k ...more
Ka'Niya Wiggins
Ka'Niya Wiggins Ever After High : Raven Queen's Story Report

I would choose this rating because it is very intresting for a girl like me. I would
recommend this book to my bestie Shanya.
Who thinks Ravens mom stinks? 6 11 May 31, 2014 02:15AM
  • Mary Mary Quite Contrary (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #5)
  • Next Top Villain (Ever After High: A School Story, #1)
  • Cinderella is Evil
  • Courting Magic (Kat, Incorrigible, #3.5)
  • A Bean, a Stalk and a Boy Named Jack
  • The Wilful Eye (Tales from the Tower, #1)
  • The Time-Traveling Fashionista and Cleopatra, Queen of the Nile
  • IM  (InCryptid, #3.2)
  • Thornspell
  • Fairy Debt
  • Little Red Riding Hood
  • Thrice Sworn (Winterling, #0.5)
Shannon Hale is the New York Times best-selling author of six young adult novels: the Newbery Honor book Princess Academy, multiple award winner Book of a Thousand Days, and the highly acclaimed Books of Bayern series. She has written three books for adults, including the upcoming Midnight in Austenland (Jan. 2012), companion book to Austenland. She co-wrote the hit graphic novel Rapunzel's Reveng ...more
More about Shannon Hale...

Ever After High (3 books)
  • The Storybook of Legends (Ever After High, #1)
  • The Unfairest of Them All (Ever After High, #2)
  • A Wonderlandiful World (Ever After High, #3)
The Goose Girl (The Books of Bayern, #1) Princess Academy (Princess Academy, #1) Austenland (Austenland, #1) Book of a Thousand Days Enna Burning (The Books of Bayern, #2)