Start by marking “Drinking and Dating: P.S. Social Media Is Ruining Romance” as Want to Read:
Drinking and Dating: P.S. Social Media Is Ruining Romance

Drinking and Dating: P.S. Social Media Is Ruining Romance

3.19  ·  Rating Details ·  1,865 Ratings  ·  162 Reviews
On the heels of her New York Times bestselling book Drinking and Tweeting, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Brandi Glanville takes readers on a wild ride through her dating life in this highly-entertaining relationship book.

Drinking and Dating chronicles Glanville’s misadventures stumbling through today’s dating world. From social media blunders to bedroom escapades,
Published February 11th 2014 by HarperOne (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Drinking and Dating, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drinking and Dating

Kristie
May 20, 2014 Kristie rated it really liked it
Don't judge. It was funny, quick and pretty entertaining.
Marlo Rees
Feb 15, 2014 Marlo Rees rated it it was ok
This was an annoying read. Not nearly as cute as the first one. I'm no prude but brandi is very vulgar and very full of herself. She makes constant excuses for her bad behavior and it honestly just gets old. It was also annoying hearing her act like such a Hollywood insider and not naming names of past dates but giving them a pseudonym. I understand she probably couldn't name names for legal reasons but I found it very irritating.

For example, I lost count of the times she describes herself perfe
Jen Borders
Apr 14, 2014 Jen Borders rated it did not like it
Complete trash, and I actually like Brandi on the show. Her honesty and no bullshit attitude are so refreshing on a show of fake celebrities, but this is a little too much honesty for me. I'm no prude, but I certainly wouldn't want every tawdry hook-up or one-night stand in print for my children to read someday. She really put the whore in horrific for this one. I ask this question a lot, but really, IS NOTHING PRIVATE ANYMORE?? I couldn't possibly imagine everyone and literally their mother kno ...more
Emily Schirmer
Feb 19, 2014 Emily Schirmer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Well folks, Brandi has done it again. Drinking and Dating was just as hilarious (and simultaneously reassuring and inspirational) as her first novel, Drinking and Tweeting. In fact, like Brandi herself, I too enjoyed taking a step away from discussing her ex-husband and the impact the divorce had on her life. Don’t get me wrong, reading Drinking and Tweeting strengthened my respect for Brandi – getting deeper insight into what she went through was heartbreaking, but so inspirational at the same ...more
Jason LeRoy
Mar 21, 2015 Jason LeRoy rated it it was ok
As a Brandi apologist who'd already read her very amusing first book, I decided to read the follow-up as an act of solidarity in the midst of the very, very bad season she's currently having on RHOBH. While it's nominally a dating guide, let's just say that most of the advice Brandi offers in Drinking and Dating only really applies to her—or, I guess, to any other divorced ex-model glamazons with young children trying to find love in Los Angeles despite being recognizable reality stars. Brandi c ...more
Yvonne
Mar 09, 2014 Yvonne rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I wish I could give this less than one star and that I had listened to all the bad reviews. I hate that I spent money on this garbage. It's terrible and this is coming from a former Brandi fan. "Former" because after reading this crap I have zero respect for her. Do yourself a solid and skip this book. Also, sleeping with men for gifts or money makes you a prostitute, no matter WHAT this woman tries to tell you in her book.
I agree with everyone else about the overuse of hashtags, too. #soannoyi
Kari
Apr 26, 2015 Kari rated it liked it
Of course it is no literary amazingness - but I listened to this while cleaning my house yesterday. Its just fun, inappropriate, ridiculous, a bit dumb. Quick and easy and was perfect while doing the tasks of the day. I tend to find while her behavior is often times very poor, but I often agree with Brandy's general reasoning points on RHOBH, and the same can be said for this entertaining little "listen".
Nicole
Sep 04, 2014 Nicole rated it liked it
Audiobook- I enjoyed Brandi's voice, if I had chosen to read this book I probably wouldn't have finished it. Overall, decent trashy entertainment for the afternoon.
Ally
Dec 28, 2014 Ally rated it it was ok
Ok so in addition to upping my reading challenge this year, I'm also trying to write reviews for every book too. That somewhat explains why I am reviewing this terrible book.

If you're even entertaining reading this it is probably for one reason only, you watch Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Look, I get it... I do too. I love a good drama filled reality t.v. show as much as the next girl. This book, however, is just not great.

First off, as someone who finally made it to a happy, healthy and s
Kace
May 27, 2015 Kace rated it it was ok
It was slightly more tolerable than Drinking and Tweeting. Was it because this book was more a laundry list of men Glanville has had sexual relations with and less a neverending screed against her ex-husband and his new wife? Maybe. I also appreciated that she did not mention the fact that her father was a pot-dealer once! So that was good.

However, Brandi remains Brandi and her weird writing quirks still abound. The way that she adds strings of hashtags to the end of her sentences (#KeepitReal #
Amaka Lily
Jul 22, 2015 Amaka Lily rated it liked it
Oh my GOD.
Now this book was too much. Waaaaaaay too much. I think the fact that people have praised her frank nature, went to her head, because in this one she was way, way, way, way, way, way, way too over-frank.
My goodness. My opinion of her went down.

I still like her as a person-as much as you can like someone you've only seen on TV- but my lord, she came across as a very superficial, over-sexed, no boundaries, no scruples, sleeps with men easily type of a woman.
In this age of over-sharin
Amanda
Jan 10, 2015 Amanda rated it liked it
I have a hard time rating this book, both of her books. I read them both in three days during my beach trip. Let me start out by also saying as I am a fan on RHOBH, I would not say I am a Brandi Glanville fan by any means.
Both books were quick, fast, easy, "fun" reads. I did LOL in many parts and appreciated her honesty.
I think I just feel sorry for her. One week watching her on the show I think "ugh I can't stand her" the next week I think "she cracks me up" the next week I feel sorry for her
Crystal
Apr 03, 2014 Crystal rated it it was amazing
This book in my opinion is not to be taken too seriously and if you're sensitive to talk about sex or a potty mouth then this book is not for you. I personally am a fan of the Housewives franchise therefore when Brandi came out with her 1st book I had to read it, she is obviously not a writer but I did find her 1st book entertaining so I had to get this one when it came out. I didn't find it as good as her first book but did enjoy it overall. The book pretty much is about her dating life since h ...more
Alex
Sep 19, 2013 Alex rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
So, I read Brandi's first book last year and found it surprisingly entertaining. Due to that, I figured her next book would make me laugh, too.

I was wrong.

I don't know what she was going for here. Her first book was full of random thoughts and stories but they were at least entertaining, and I shamelessly wanted to hear the dirty details about Eddie and LeAnn. THIS book, though, was so very pointless. If you would like to read about every guy Brandi has slept with in the last year and/or read th
Mary
Jun 02, 2014 Mary rated it liked it
OK so this isn't highbrow literature, and I'm not sure I am a better person for having read this book, but I did enjoy Brandi's 2nd book, much like her first one. The one thing I did realize is that I could never live in her world, where she freely admits to "using" people for their beach club memberships, but she is honest, funny, and admits when she screws up. Which apparently she does with alarming frequency. All the talk of her vagina kind of got on my nerves, and I really wanted to know exa ...more
Melanie Pino
It's good if you're a Brandi fan

I am a Brandi fan. I totally get her and appreciate how real and honest she is, so for me I enjoyed the book. If you just read Brandi's first book because of the Eddie gossip you won't enjoy this book because it's more on Brandi and her life. if you're a prude and sex talk makes u uncomfortable, don't bother. I love how candid she is with her life and appreciate that even though she was telling the story she wasn't throwing out the names of the men she dated inst
Melissa
Jun 29, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: listened-to
Yessss. This was JUST what I needed for the plane ride to and from Las Vegas. Light, easy, audiobook read by the author, and hilarious! Absolutely zero brainpower was needed, and I found myself laughing out loud repeatedly. I wish I would've read Drinking and Tweeting first because I'm not sure if it's worth it to go backwards. Either way, it's a funny look at a Beverly Hills housewife who gets back in the dating game after getting screwed over by her husband. Dating is fun! Dating and drinking ...more
Theresa
Apr 02, 2014 Theresa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone old enough and open minded.
I really enjoyed this book. Brandi is such a real down to earth person. She speaks exactly what she feels and if you don't like it oh well. lol That's just how this lady is. I know lots of people don't care for her, but I like her and her book. It's very easy to read. I couldn't put it down. Read it within 2 days. It was well worth every minute. I am going through a separation and have been hurt pretty bad so I really enjoyed her first book Drinking & Tweeting and now this one Drinking & ...more
Jennifer J.
Jul 12, 2015 Jennifer J. rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015
Wow! I wish it were possible to give ZERO stars! This was very difficult for me to finish but I think I need to finish things I start. The overuse of "hashtag" was extremely annoying and in audiobook form practically unbearable. She acted like a spoiled sorority girl more than a divorced mother of two. I was embarrassed for her. I was looking for something light and funny and was just disappointed and disgusted. Mostly with her overuse of "hashtag" and stupid attitude than her poor choices. Ugh!
Jillian
Mar 26, 2014 Jillian rated it did not like it
If I could have given this zero stars, I would. I thought it was a Chelsea Handler-esque comic's bio from the cover (never judge by the cover!) and so I checked out the audiobook from the library without researching it. After the first few minutes I was struck by how stupid and superficial this women sounded, and then when I realized she was from a Real Housewives show (surprise!), and I was less shocked. I listened for about 20 minutes (b/c my hands were full of paint and I couldn't turn it off ...more
Aimee
Apr 07, 2014 Aimee rated it did not like it
I like Brandi most of the time on the show and I really enjoyed her first book. This one was terrible. I'm not sure why I finished it, but I kept thinking that since I liked the first one, maybe this one would get better. This one doesn't flow as well, she jumps all over the place and really doesn't even say anything. She makes her normally honest self seem stupid and contrived. I'm disappointed.
Andrea
A few of the Real Housewives series are among my guilty pleasures and I rather like Brandi’s in-your-face personality. This book reads like a long, drunken lunch with her and was enjoyable in that respect. However, her schtick wears thin and I didn’t need quite so much information about anyone’s sex life. It wasn’t the worst book I’ve read, but it wasn’t amazing either. I don’t think I’ll be seeking out book 1 or future works.
pointless read. She just go on and on about how great she is, but how she can't seem to find a good man, despite dating all these famous people. The "dating lessons" she proclaims make sense, but she doesn't even listen to herself. She's a person who thrives one being recognized, makes her money cause she's in the tabloids and on tv for no good reason other than she's willing to let her tawdry exploits be exploited.
Alona Perlin
Apr 25, 2014 Alona Perlin rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. However, it's not as great as the first book that Brandi wrote. I wouldn't exactly call it an advice book, as it reads more like a dating adventure book by "Carrie Bradshaw"(by the way, "Carrie" is Brandi's proclaimed love guru). I would have liked Brandi to delve more into her experiences and the wisdom she learned from them. This book felt more like a work of fiction, rather than reality.
Brittany
Feb 01, 2014 Brittany rated it did not like it
Maybe 1.5 stars
To be honest I thoroughly enjoyed her first book but this was garbage. This was nothing but bad puns, OBSESSIVE AND ENDLESS talks of her ex and his new wife, and over the top (in her mind) sex stories that are nothing more than desperate attempts at shock value. There were one or two amusing stories but it really was a boring book with no real point. I was quite disappointed in this and really feel like she just threw this together for the sake of having another book. Trash.
Silvia Corradin
May 25, 2015 Silvia Corradin rated it liked it
I like Brandi a lot, I think she's funny and a little crazy, but even I think this book is not exactly great. I guess it's okay as a summer fun read. Unlike her first book-which I found riveting, this one is very obviously written to capitalize on the success of the first. While I don't exactly relate to anything she's been through, I understand she's an injured soul, trying hard to move forward. I can't fault her for that.
Amanda
Jun 10, 2014 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Brandi's first book, as an avid watcher of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, and I did indeed purchase the second one for my Kindle. It is a quick, light, fun read, and yes, well-written. I actually could have done with less cursing, but aside from that, I certainly don't regret reading it, if for the fun dating stories she tells. What is irritating is trying to guess who the guys are!
Nikki Sanchez
Apr 27, 2014 Nikki Sanchez rated it did not like it
This book is ridiculous. I feel really sad for Brandi. Sounds like she had some difficult couple of years but she can't keep using it to make her behavior seem acceptable. Most irritating part of the book, all the hashtags! A 40 something, mother of two and this book reads as if she's a 20 something, sorority girl on Spring Break. Skip this book!
Brandi Farris
Jan 06, 2015 Brandi Farris rated it it was ok
I would have given this more stars if I didn't feel like she was trying so hard to be funny. Some of her sexual puns seemed forced and overdone. The story itself was good and I enjoyed reading it, but I rolled my eyes several times at her attempts of being humorous. I think her natural way of taking is funny and would have given this at least 4 stars if that had been the style here.
Elycia
May 15, 2014 Elycia rated it liked it
I haven't read her first book about the divorce, but I thought this was a fun quick read. It was interesting to read more about the "Latino" who was on this past season of RHofBH. Brandi on the show and Brandi in the book are consistent with each other, which is more than you can say for a lot of the cast.
  • Deep Thoughts From a Hollywood Blonde
  • Life on the Ramona Coaster
  • Spelling It Like It Is
  • Happily Ever After: The Life-Changing Power of a Grateful Heart
  • The Laughing Policeman:  My Brilliant Career in the New Zealand Police
  • Crap Dates: Disastrous Encounters from Single Life
  • Living Alone and Loving It
  • Hiding from Reality: My Story of Love, Loss, and Finding the Courage Within
  • Life Is Not a Reality Show: Keeping It Real with the Housewife Who Does It All
  • The Philosopher and the Druids: A Journey Among the Ancient Celts
  • Yours Ever: People and Their Letters
  • Let Me Tell You Something: Life as a Real Housewife, Tough-Love Mother, and Street-Smart Businesswoman
  • I Didn't Come Here to Make Friends: Confessions of a Reality Show Villain
  • Tell Them Who I Am: The Lives of Homeless Women
  • Andy Kaufman Revealed!: Best Friend Tells All
  • The Juggler's Children: A Journey into Family, Legend and the Genes that Bind Us
  • My Inappropriate Life: Some Material Not Suitable for Small Children, Nuns, or Mature Adults
  • I Like You Just the Way I Am: Stories About Me and Some Other People
Brandi Glanville is one of television’s most recognizable personalities, a bestselling author, actress, model and fashion designer.

Brandi is known to millions of fans as the sassy and outspoken breakout star of the mega-hit reality series “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.” The show, now in its fourth season, follows a group of affluent, independent, and beautiful women as they navigate the up
More about Brandi Glanville...