Start by marking “Rushing Amy (Love and Football, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rushing Amy (Love and Football, #2)

Rushing Amy (Love and Football #2)

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  1,461 Ratings  ·  89 Reviews
Julie Brannagh's sparkling and romantic Love and Football series continues!

For Amy Hamilton, only three Fs matter: Family, Football, and Flowers. It might be nice to find someone to share Forever with, too, but right now she's working double overtime while she gets her flower shop off the ground. The last thing she needs or wants is a distraction … or help, for that matter
Published February 11th 2014 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Rushing Amy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rushing Amy

CL
I preferred this to the first book in the series.

I love how Amy made Matt do the chasing and loved the fact he was sending flowers to every known female in his life just to make her jealous.

The daughter and ex were likeable and the author didn't vilify them as often happens.

Whilst I don't usually like the "obstacle to keep them apart" in romances, I actually thought the one in this book was realistic and I could understand how both Matt and Amy felt about the situation.

Overall this book was enjo
Stephanie  G
Feb 28, 2014 Stephanie G rated it really liked it
After finishing Blitzing Emily, I was very eager to read the author’s next novel, Rushing Amy. And while I wasn’t overwhelmed with the setup in the previous book, this book features Emily’s younger sister, a hard working accountant turned florist named Amy.

Amy Hamilton meets Matt Stephens in bar after her sister Emily’s wedding is over. Amy is tired and wants to avoid men for the time being after her last relationship went south. Matt is an ex-NFL player turned analyst and is intrigued by Amy, w
Valéria Alves
Nov 26, 2014 Valéria Alves rated it it was ok
1.5 stars, actually. I can deal with only so much of male chauvinism and sexism in a book. I'm not sure about reading "Catching Cameron" now.

The book wasn't entirely terrible, though: I loved that Amy was friends with Matt's ex-wife and they were not enemies as it usually happens when the current and past lovers are together in a book.

That was the only reason I gave 1.5 stars to "Rushing Amy", otherwise I'd give it one star or no star. AT ALL.
Katya
Jan 07, 2015 Katya rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
EDIT: I just realized this is a HarperCollins title. FML

Remember when you first started writing your first stories and all you cared for was the characters doing the stuff you wished you could do, and you didn't care much for a plot? Just me? Oh, okay then.

Sweet doesn't quite cover what this book is. It's the kind of thing you pick up at a down day, probably with some hot chocolate or a glass of wine to go along, and you watch two people fall in love. Two really nice people. Matt in particular i
Limecello
Jan 03, 2016 Limecello rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
>.> if this is even possible ... :X I think I read too many football romances in a glut so everything started running together - although this is where he punches his asshole coworker near the end and gets into a shit ton of trouble until they figure things out ...

The heroine is RELENTLESSLY independent ... but she's got her own issues and I liked that she hashed it out with her sister (god how painful, but good)
And our hero who... is wonderful but also sometimes a clueless idiot (typical
Ellen Anderson
Jan 10, 2015 Ellen Anderson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So loving it!

This is the second book in this series that I have read and I can only say they seem to get better. I loved the laughs in Matt & Amy's romance, the way she gets along with his teenaged daughter and even the problems between them. I thought it was written very well. I would recommend it to others. Now I am off to find the next book in the series!
Karen
Jun 14, 2014 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, sport
Sweet love story.
Amy is a woman strong enough to change from a CPA to a florist but dates douche bags. She's relentlessly pursued by Matt a famous retired footballer/announcer but their road to happiness is rocky.
Light read.
Sue
Feb 20, 2014 Sue rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports, ebook-r
This had some good moments but not as good as the first. But I am looking forward to the next installment.
Monica
Aug 06, 2015 Monica rated it it was amazing
really enjoyed...seemed like poor Amy needed a wake up call! loved it though! great ending!
Pamela Poole
Mar 22, 2014 Pamela Poole rated it it was amazing
What a sweet love story.....just a little long in the middle.
Irisheyz77
This review was originally posted on Ticket to Anywhere

Place(s) Traveled To: Seattle, Washington // Cannon Beach, Oregon

First Line(s): The wedding was over, and Amy Hamilton stood amongst the wreckage.

Rushing Amy is the follow up to Julie Brannagh'sBlitzing Emily and involves Emily's younger sister, Amy. Amy runs a flowshop and its through her buisness that Emily meets her one true love Brandon. InRushing Amy, Emily returns the favor (so to speak) by being the catalyst for Amy to meet her love i

Camille Flores
Mar 29, 2014 Camille Flores rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars!

Their cute-meet was that exactly, cute. Matt arrives late, by his own plan, to his friend’s wedding and he meets Amy at a bar after the reception. Amy gets almost wasted but Matt does the gentlemanly thing and brings her to her room, takes care that she’s comfortable, and then leaves. But not without Amy spilling a little bit of her heart and soul, albeit under the influence of alcohol to him. Cue, humiliation on Amy’s part and part amusement and appreciation on Matt’s part. I think
Katie(babs)
Feb 06, 2014 Katie(babs) rated it liked it
Rushing Amy is the second book in Julie Brannagh’s Love and Football series. The first book, Blitzing Emily is one I enjoyed. These two books are recommended for fans of contemporary romance that have heroes involved in sports, (here it’s football) and mature and independent heroines. Rushing Amy features florist, Amy, the sister of the heroine from Blitzing Emily. Amy is single thirty-something who owns and operates her own business. Her sister has just married the man of her dreams, and Amy is ...more
Amy
May 06, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars. I thought Rushing Amy was a cute romance. The beginning was quite hilarious, and I enjoyed Amy and Matt's relationship and themselves as characters. I think my main problem with the story was that it felt a bit long. I honestly got a bit bored with it 2/3 of the way through waiting for the final climax to come. I did like how there wasn't only conflict in their relationship but in their personal lives as well. I just wish it moved along a bit faster.

Full Review:
Rushing Amy by Julie B
Crazychriss889
Dec 06, 2015 Crazychriss889 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, adult-romance
Ahh, this could have been soo perfect... But then there was the last third of the book and it all went down in flames...

Let me start with something important: It's not okay to keep a goldfish in a bowl. Seriously, don't do that. The poor animal. That's just cruel.

The positive stuff comes next. I liked the characters, especially Amy, most of the time. The writing style was awesome and there is a kid/teen in the novel, so it had to be great.

But there were some things that I found really disappoint
Nancy
Amy Hamilton feels she lived in her sister's shadow for too long, and she realizes that she's only been there because of herself; no one put her there, or treated her as though she wasn't any less than her sister. But the fact remains that Emily was always - is still - the more talented of the two.

Amy's made something of herself by opening a small business - a flower shop in Seattle. It's hard work, the hours are long, and her nails will never be manicured again, but she's finally at a place whe
Kim
Mar 15, 2014 Kim rated it really liked it
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

I love football. I love love. I love good books about football players and love. This book was just that... and more. Where I felt like the first book, Blitzing Emily, was a bit on the long side and dragged a little, I never felt that about this book. Amy and Matt were both more relatable and I loved their courtship and everything that came after. The characters were a little older than the ones in books I tend to read, so there was more maturity
Jenn
Oct 23, 2015 Jenn rated it liked it
Okay I'm officially done with this series. I let myself be drawn in by a cute blurb to this book but it's the same crap with different characters. He's a lying manipulative asshole and that's supposed to be cute and when she stands up for herself she's somehow wrong and it's her own fault she's going to die old and alone. SERIOUSLY?!

If my husband treated me the way the supposed heroes in this series treat the heroines I'd be filing for divorce. Hell I would have never even dated him in the first
Yve
Mar 04, 2014 Yve rated it liked it
3.5 STARS~
So first of all, I've got to admit that I didn't read book 1, so I wasn't familiar with any of the characters when I started, but honestly, I didn't feel lost or that I was missing something. Amy meets Matt after he shows up late to her sister's wedding to one of Matt's best friends (who were apparently featured in book 1). After getting Amy drunk then tucking her into bed, Matt leaves her with his card asking her out for coffee. Amy, being mortified for not remember what she was said
Melissa
Mar 25, 2015 Melissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
Meh. Nothing spectacular about this one. Amy, who seemed like such a strong and independent character in Blitzing Emily has magically been transformed into a quivering, dithering mess. The big conflict that keeps Amy and Matt apart seems terribly overblown. Yes, it is an issue in the relationship that needs to be addressed, but it didn't really warrant months of (non)relationship angst. Good night! Just answer the phone when people are trying to make things right. The level of maturity in these ...more
Nikki Barrett
Feb 28, 2014 Nikki Barrett rated it really liked it
After reading the first book in the Love and Football series, I was so excited for Amy's story! And after reading it, I'm even more in love with this series and this author's style. Although to be honest, the beginning of this one didn't grab me as instantly as Emily's story. Still, I love the characters and how they interact. I LOVE the persistence of Matt. I love his little quirk in the beginning, teasing Amy and making her think something totally different. I love the way he's lived a bit of ...more
Sharon Redfern
Jan 11, 2014 Sharon Redfern rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Love and Football series, Rushing Amy was a joy to read. We met Amy in the first book and this book explores her relationship with ex-football player Matt Stephens. Amy is reeling from her latest breakup and sexy Matt comes into her life at the very end of her sister's wedding reception. Her goal at that moment is to become totally hammered and Matt keeps her company and gets her safely home. He's interested, she's not, so Matt has to do some creative thinking to break ...more
Karla Eibling
Jan 09, 2015 Karla Eibling rated it it was amazing
I love this series. I didn't think any of the following books would be as good as the first, but I was wrong. This is the story of Emily's sister, Amy, the florist.

When she meets Matt after her sister's wedding (he was running late), there was a lot of lustful interest at first site. After a few tequila shots, he helps her to her room and out of her dress, but that is where he stops. He was a gentleman and wouldn't take advantage of a tipsy/drunk woman, even though they both wanted it.

They cou
Michelle
Jul 23, 2016 Michelle rated it it was ok
Ah, contemporary romance. I keep trying to love you, but we just can't seem to connect. Maybe someday I will find the one that gets me hooked, but this wasn't it.

Amy Hamilton (Emily's younger sister from Blitzing Emily) meets the dashing, successful, and gorgeous Matt Stephens in the bar after her sister's wedding. She holds him at arm's length, he pursues her, and some nonsense happens that could have been avoided, which is my main issue with contemporary romance. But I did not hate both charac
Amy Raby
Mar 11, 2014 Amy Raby rated it it was amazing
This book has one of the funniest openings to a romance I've ever read, in which Amy (the heroine) gets ridiculously drunk after her sister's wedding and says some things to Matt, the hero, which she later finds mortifying. And the next few chapters are equally cute, in which Matt tries to court Amy by patronizing her flower shop (I can't go into detail here or I'll spoil the joke).

I love that Matt is the quintessential alpha male, yet this never comes at the heroine's expense. Amy is a fiercely
Christina Montminy
Nov 23, 2015 Christina Montminy rated it really liked it
this book starts off with the wedding of Brandon & Emily. Amy is Emily's sister & the maid of honor who stays afterwards to make sure everything is cleaned up properly & runs into a late guest sports analyst Matt Stephens. When Matt see Amy he makes a point of talking to her & trying to get a date with her. She refuses for 3 wks then finally gives in only to have their date ruined by a new waitress at the restaurant when she dumps 4 meals & drinks on Amy. This story had a lot ...more
Lesa
Feb 09, 2015 Lesa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More Fun. Less Football.

I enjoyed the way the romance developed between Amy and Matt, it was nice to see everything wasn't always coming up roses. The approach to their careers and families was believable without being boring or TOO exciting.

I've discovered the text-to-speech feature on my Kindle, making it easier to read more books while doing day to day chores or driving. This compelling tale was less than 24 hours for me, start-to-finish, and I enjoyed every minute.

The host of secondary chara
A Tasty Read Book Reviews
Sweet, and Emotional with a Side of Sizzle! That is RUSHING AMY, the second book in the Love and Football Novel Series by Julie Brannagh. I always love a man who know's what he wants, and Matt knows what he wants...AMY!

Amy, a bit reluctant, from just being dumped, finally gives in and it's MAGIC! But, things don't always go as planned, and these two have a lot of things to iron out.

Take a hero who likes to take charge and "fix" things, and a heroine who is quite the independent lady, and what y
Gabriella
Jul 11, 2015 Gabriella rated it really liked it
This is the kind of book you want to read then you're feeling down.
Or when it's raining or snowing outside or when you just need something sweet.
This is a chocolate cheesecake in literary form.

I don't want to say too much, but Matt's and Amy's story is cute, flirty and fun. I liked it very much.

So why only 3.5 stars?

Easy, the reason they split up over was not something to split up over, at least in my opinion. It was a bit too much needless drama, that could have been solved with a good talk.
Al
Arlene
Jun 02, 2014 Arlene rated it it was amazing
I loved Blitzing Emily so much that I had to download Rushing Amy right away. It didn't disappoint. Matt was the perfect hero—a great guy who clearly had his head on straight (most of the time, anyway). I loved the exchanges between him and his daughter. Amy was pretty great, too, except when she was stubborn/stupid about her independence. There's a fine line between standing up for yourself and being shrewish, and she may have crossed it once or twice.

Amy's flaws didn't take away from the spar
  • Always for You: Jack (Sergeant Joe's Boys, #1)
  • Something Sweeter (Sweet, Texas, #3)
  • Breakaway Hearts (Kelly Brothers, #2)
  • Loving Him Off the Field (Santa Fe Bobcats, #2)
  • Risky Game (Out of Bounds, #3)
  • Backfield in Motion (Seattle Lumberjacks, #4)
  • Imaginary Lines (New York Leopards, #3)
  • The Winning Season (Feeling the Heat, #2)
  • Sweet Spot (Richmond Rogues, #5)
  • Thrown (Aspen Valley, #1)
  • A Promise at Bluebell Hill (Valentine Valley, #4)
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Wild About Her Wingman (Secret Wishes, #3)
  • Just A Taste (New York Blades, #6)
  • Playing The Field (Diamonds and Dugouts, #2)
USA Today bestselling author Julie Brannagh has been writing since she could hold a pencil. She lives in a small town near Seattle, where she once served as a city council member and owned a yarn shop. She shares her home with a wonderful husband, two uncivilized Maine Coons and a rambunctious chocolate Lab.

When she's not writing, she's reading--or armchair-quarterbacking her favorite NFL team fro
More about Julie Brannagh...

Love and Football (6 books)
  • Blitzing Emily (Love and Football, #1)
  • Catching Cameron (Love and Football, #3)
  • Covering Kendall (Love and Football, #4)
  • Chasing Jillian (Love and Football, #5)
  • Intercepting Daisy (Love and Football #6)

“family. If I have to go through it to” 0 likes