I Never Thought I'd See You Again: A Novelists Inc. Anthology

I Never Thought I'd See You Again: A Novelists Inc. Anthology

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  12 reviews
I never thought I’d see you again.

What comes to your mind when you see that phrase? A reunion with a former lover? A shocking encounter with a dark face from your past? A dearly held memory come to life . . . or one you’ve tried desperately to purge from your mind?

In this extraordinary collection of original fiction, sixteen great storytellers spin the tales that filled th...more
Published July 30th 2013 by Story Plant, The (first published January 1st 2013)

Kate Vale
It's difficult reviewing an anthology of such a wide variety of stories and authors. One was so shocking(Katy's place)that I had to set the book down. Others were intriguing ("Persephone's Granddaughter", "Play it again, Sam," "Because of You"); others I really loved ("Facing the Mirror," "Backdraft," "The Only Girl in the World," "Fabian's Wake," "The Tower".

What was greatest about this collection was how much I learned about what short stories can do in a few pages or as many as fifty. All the...more
Nathan Burgoine
One of the niftier things about the e-book publishing world is how I can pre-order something, forget about it completely, and then suddenly one day when I turn on my Kobo - there's a little alert that a new book is on my e-reader.

That happened today, with I Never Thought I'd See You Again, a Novelists Inc. Anthology. I nabbed this as a pre-order because my editor and friend Greg Herren has a story in it. I picked it up, and read the introduction, and was immediately charmed.

I love anthologies, a...more
Katey
36 Hours-This story by Allison Brennan was great. I like that the main character was reunited with her father, despite what might have happened in the past. It was full of suspense as well, which I enjoy.

Facing the Mirror-Yep, finally read this story. I've never had cancer, but I imagine it can be a very scary thing to go through. I think the first doctor she went to wasn't very personable, but she also shouldn't have waited so long to contact someone else. But, in the end, everything was cured...more
Sofluid
In this hefty anthology, sixteen successful authors responded to the prompt “I never thought I'd see you again” and, as a result, sixteen wildly different short stories – of varying lengths – were created. Author introductions give us a little background to the author's approach to their interpretation of the prompt, which is lovely, and the vastly different stories that came about as a result are admirable.

However, the varying lengths of the stories did throw me off kilter a little. My review c...more
Shannon L. Gonzalez
I’d Never Thought I’d See You Again

The Story Plant delivers again!

In this anthology of short stories, The Story Plant brings together many authors of different genres gathered around the theme of “I’d never thought I’d see you again.”
It is interesting to read each author’s vision of this phrase. They each have an emotional tie to the theme; and they each craft delightful stories sure to impress the most discerning reader.

In this busy world, these bite-sized stories are perfect for a lunch brea...more
Gloria
Initially I was unsure about how I would like this book. Previously I had never read anything with this type of format. The most interesting part of this book was that they all included the line...."I never thought I'd see you again. Surprisingly when I finished reading the collection of short stories, I found myself wishing that there had been more contributors to this book. My favorite short story was the first one written by Allison Brennan. It illustrated a complicated father daughter relati...more
Laura the Highland Hussy
Read this review at Got Fiction? blog

Anthologies like this with so many authors can be hard to get through sometimes. The only common theme throughout was the phrase "I never thought I'd see you again." Each author was to write whatever she wanted with that as the main concept.

Some were complete wins, and made me crave more-I'm looking at you Alyssa Day.

Others didn't work for me at all.

But the great thing about anthologies like this is that there are so many different stories that there truly i...more
Stacie
One of my favorite things about reading anthologies is that I get introduced to new authors that I wouldn't have found before. The authors in this anthology were given a writing prompt and the entire collection is based on these words: "I never thought I'd see you again." What kept it interesting was each author took a different view on that phrase and it wasn't just traditional scenarios that may come up with those words. The first story was my favorite out of the entire book and that one gets...more
Laura Castoro
Amazing. Talented authors each do a take on the phrase, "I never thought I'd see you again." Viruoso performances that bring laughter, quickly a heart beat, or bring up a tear. Great way to sample the work of gifted writers at the top of their form.
Toni
This is a wonderful collection of stories all centered around the phrase "I never thought I'd see you again." It is fascinating to see how each author interpreted the phrase and where they went with it. I loved the diversity of each installment.
Jess
2.5 stars. Some stories were better than others.
Robinetta
Robinetta marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Zed
Zed marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Harleen
Harleen marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Dawn Chapman
Dawn Chapman marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Noray
Noray marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Tosha Holliman
Tosha Holliman marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Mizta Vicky
Mizta Vicky marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Debbie Gabrielson
Debbie Gabrielson marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Sharon Pratt
Sharon Pratt marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Belavera
Belavera marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Basil M
Basil M marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
195467
I have been associated with the book publishing world since August 1979, when I started as an assistant in the Managing Editor’s Department at Bantam Books. Prior to founding The Fiction Studio, I served as Deputy Publisher of Bantam and Publisher of Berkley Books and Avon Books. During this time, I launched the premier science fiction and mystery imprints in the business, and also presided over t...more
More about Lou Aronica...
Blue The Forever Year Until Again: The prequel novella to Blue Full Spectrum 1 Full Spectrum 3