Start by marking “Humbled” as Want to Read:
Humbled

Humbled

Exhausted by constant fighting, the Mitchell family is basking in the midst of an unexpected truce. Joel has fled to Chicago to escape his failed marriage and business ventures. Excited about climbing out of his pit of despair, Joel is eager to get divorced and start over. Tranquility is fleeting when he finds out that his wife, Zarah, is pregnant. Now he’s faced with ...more
Published February 25th 2014 by Urban Books (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Humbled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Humbled

Chiquedee
Apr 21, 2015 Chiquedee rated it liked it
Joel is reaping the unwanted repercussions of his ludicrous proverbial marriage of convenience. His also realizing that his "naive" clingy, wife has a backbone.

Tamara is quite an annoying character who seems bent to just cause unnecessary drama with her family members especially her mother. Have an adult conversation, get counselling and move on!

Feel sorry for Don who has to deal with all the drama. Go to SA already and make a life with Naledi.

Enjoyed reading the series but its now getting too
Adrienna
Well it's been awhile since I read the last book via series but seems to be rather interesting how I can pick up the memories.

Although Joel wants to dissolve his arranged marriage based on a business decision he soon finds out that his wife is pregnant with his child. Regardless of his bad business decisions, nearly losing everything, I was a bit skeptical to how he was able to stay at the Westin while his wife is at home in the estate home. Therefore, I thought his rationale (or under the impr
Prima Lily
Mar 22, 2014 Prima Lily rated it really liked it
I can always count on Patricia Haley is give me a solid read. This book was no exception.

I feel like I've waited on this installment of the series. For. Ever! I simply couldn't wait to get my hands on it ever since the last installment ended with Joel finding out that Zarah was pregnant.

The Mitchell Family series has become one of my all time favorite book series simply because I love the characters, the story line, and their seemingly endless family drama. They're all crazy, yet so irresistabl
Desiree Watson
Apr 07, 2016 Desiree Watson rated it liked it
Madelynne, Don, Joel and Tamara finally get it together in the end story of the Chosen series. Joel is back at the head as the CEO, Don is finally on is way home back to Africa where he can concentrate and focus on L.T.I. But this time, he's not going alone, he has invited his family and they have accepted, including Tamara. Finally the Mitchell clan seems like they are at peace.
Read: March 2016
Karen
Aug 05, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
Humbled by Patricia Haley….Great read….The Mitchell family are a piece of work with several issues. There are times when greed will cause a family to become dysfunctional. The Mitchell family is back in the same city again. Joel has been through some hard times, lost job, bad business decisions, and an arranged marriage. The only hope for Joel is to be humble and give his life back to God.
Wanda
May 18, 2014 Wanda rated it it was amazing
Totally love this series; I was so excited when the author added this book to let us know what happen to Joel and his wife. Can't wait for the next book in this series.
Sharon Gordon
Sharon Gordon rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2015
Judy A
Judy A rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2014
Loraine DeBeatham
Loraine DeBeatham rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2015
Teri Rainey
Apr 21, 2014 Teri Rainey rated it really liked it
A very good read but ended a little early. I want to know what happens once the baby is born?
Ladonna Brown
Ladonna Brown rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
Sharon Gordon
Sharon Gordon rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2014
Tonya
Tonya rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Karen Reed
Karen Reed rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2015
Deborah Arrington
Deborah Arrington rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2014
Sophie Sealy
Sophie Sealy rated it liked it
May 11, 2014
Shannan Harper
Shannan Harper rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2014
Ltrb Club
Ltrb Club rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2014
Trina Wooten
Trina Wooten rated it did not like it
Jul 05, 2015
Tonya
Tonya rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2014
Carol
Nov 18, 2014 Carol rated it really liked it
Was a good book!!!!!
Trilma Davis
Trilma Davis rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2015
Tori
Tori rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2014
Enjoy Reading
Enjoy Reading rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Tina Brown-Batchelor
Tina Brown-Batchelor rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2014
Kattya Decembre
Kattya Decembre rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2015
LaShaunda
LaShaunda rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Susan McCaskill
Susan McCaskill rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2014
Manika Johnson
Manika Johnson rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Angelicia Whitaker
Angelicia Whitaker rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Patricia Haley, an award winning national bestselling author, earned the title of ‘trailblazer’ after achieving remarkable success with her first faith-based novel. She self-published her debut novel, Nobody's Perfect, in 1998 and immediately sold nearly 20,000 copies in an industry where selling 5,000 copies at the time was highly regarded. The novel was the first of its kind to repeatedly make ...more
More about Patricia Haley...