Start by marking “A Changing Marriage” as Want to Read:
A Changing Marriage

A Changing Marriage

In this poignant and insightful new novel, the acclaimed author of The Good Life delves beneath the shimmering surface of one couple's evolving marriage. . .

Karen Spears and Bob Parsons meet in college and embark upon the kind of enviable, picture-perfect relationship featured in romantic movies. Bob is ambitious and adoring; Karen is bright and beautiful. And nothing seem
Published February 25th 2014 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Changing Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Changing Marriage

Aditi
Oct 27, 2014 Aditi rated it really liked it
After reading A Changing Marriage by Susan Kietzman, I can't stop myself from quoting Mignon McLaughlin's famous words about "marriage", who was an American journalist and author.

"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."

Hopefully if Karen Spears and Bob Parsons had followed this quote blindly, then their marriage wouldn't have been called A Changing Marriage in Susan Kietzman's new book.

Synopsis:
Karen Spears and Bob Parsons fell in love in the f
Aubrie
Jul 13, 2016 Aubrie rated it liked it
I didn't completely hate this book, but I can't stand overly idealistic characters/plots, and that is exactly what this story consisted of. I kept waiting for one of the characters to have a REAL problem, but all of their so-called issues basically stemmed from the implication that they were too attractive, too rich, etc. Even their differing view points and ensuing fights were just so vanilla. I get that the point of this book was the slow corrosion of a once happy relationship -- and maybe the ...more
Jamie Holzberg / Fluff Smut & Murder

College sweethearts Bob and Karen meet, fall in love , get married, and raise a family. Typical chick lit and nothing special. While it’s terrific that they are financially secure enough to have Karen be a stay at home mom, her resentment of her husband, her children, and even of herself, makes her an unlikable heroine.

What I loved: Let me get back to you…

What I didn’t love: Time and time again I had to look at the dates that started each chapter. Even though this book takes place from 1998-2007
Sep 23, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Ok, but too much minutiea of everyday life was part of the book. I just wanted these characters to TALK to each other. They seemed to avoid any kind of conversation as the years went on, and it was kind of sad. Marriage is hard work, and these two people got married too young, without talking about what they each expected from their marriage. Kind of sad, how they ended up.
Claire Barfell
Mar 30, 2014 Claire Barfell rated it it was amazing
This book was excellent and even though it was fiction I think it truly depicts what couples go through in the different phases of a marriage. It really brings the reader a reality of what every day life can be like and how you need to work at a marriage every day and not take each other for granted.
Dana Proffet
May 06, 2015 Dana Proffet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was a good read.

This was a book I had trouble staying away from. I kept wanting to read just a little more to see what choices were going to be made. I was surprised by the ending.
Peggy Clayton
Jul 03, 2014 Peggy Clayton rated it it was amazing
I got this book at farmers market a local bookstore was giving away their Arcs and I was so glad to pick it up. This was really a great book of course the tissue was close but is a perfect summer read and review. I will be looking for future books of Susan Kietzman as I loved this one.
Marty
Mar 14, 2014 Marty rated it liked it
A good book about relationships, meeting, coming together drifting, and falling apart.
Scenes from many and most marriages.
The book moves but it wordy at times.
madisyn
Oct 30, 2015 madisyn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok book

The story really didn't have a story... it was just a long drawn out book about marriage ... no real plot ,story line etc
Diane Siegler
Diane Siegler rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2015
Libby
Oct 13, 2015 Libby rated it really liked it
Shelves: gender
significantly better than title and cover would lead you to believe
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2014
Marcea
Marcea rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2014
June Barbrey
June Barbrey rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2015
Jane S. Cobb
Jane S. Cobb rated it it was ok
Jun 03, 2015
Brenda
Brenda rated it it was ok
Mar 03, 2014
S Veller
S Veller rated it liked it
May 30, 2016
Sandy Loyall
Sandy Loyall rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2014
Tricia Defalco
Tricia Defalco rated it liked it
May 24, 2015
Gina Moats deutscher
Gina Moats deutscher rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Phoebs58
Phoebs58 rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Connie Lutes
Connie Lutes rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2015
esther e. ferrera
esther e. ferrera rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2015
Antoinette
Antoinette rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2014
Lisa Karim
Lisa Karim rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2015
Tina Arvin
Tina Arvin rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2014
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
May 16, 2014
Tara
Tara rated it it was ok
Oct 28, 2015
Gretchen
Gretchen rated it did not like it
Nov 25, 2015
Grippo
Grippo rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Trophy House
  • Another One Goes Tonight (Peter Diamond, #16)
  • Lethal Vintage (A Sunny McCoskey Napa Valley Mystery, #4)
  • Bigfoot Dreams
  • The Last Clinic (Darla Cavannah Mysteries, #1)
  • The Otaku Encyclopedia: An Insider's Guide to the Subculture of Cool Japan
  • One Year
  • After the Wind: 1996 Everest Tragedy—One Survivor's Story
  • A Perfect Day for Digging
  • Deal With It: A Whole New Approach to Your Body, Brain and Life as a gURL
  • The Divorce Diet
  • The Little Girl Who Fought the Great Depression: Shirley Temple and 1930s America
  • Stations of the Heart: Parting with a Son
  • Spencer's Mountain
  • After Cleo
  • Spitting Devil (Jonathan Stride, #5.5)
  • Max: Best Friend. Hero. Marine.
  • The Family Beach House
Susan Kietzman has been writing fiction for years, fitting it in and around raising her children, working various jobs, and living life. When her boys were young, she wrote early in the morning. And she still does, although she allows more time for fiction now that the boys are mostly elsewhere. She graduated from Connecticut College with a B.A. in English and from Boston University with an M.S. ...more
More about Susan Kietzman...