Snowflakes and Silver Linings

Snowflakes and Silver Linings

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A wedding guest from her past…

After a rocky year, Casey Caravetta pulls herself together and puts on a smile for her best friend's Christmas Eve wedding. However, she hadn't expected to see Turner Kennedy, the first man to break her heart.

Special Forces commando Turner is now hard, dark and dangerous, tortured by his experiences of war. Coming face-to-face again with bea...more
Published December 3rd 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

Susan
Very good book with some intense emotions on both sides. Casey has come to Gingerbread Inn to help her two best friends with Emily's wedding. She's trying to keep a cheerful attitude with all the love that's floating around but it's hard. In the last year she had ended her engagement, lost her father and seen her mother become a nun. She's given up on the idea of ever having romantic love of her own and plans to become a single mother to have the family she wants. The last thing she expects is t...more
Hannah Fielding
A great little seasonal read.

For me, the strength of this book lies very much in the characterisation – both Casey and Turner are multi-faceted characters whom I was keen to unravel. So much of their pasts holds them back, and the book is essentially a journey in a microcosm that offers them the opportunity to shed their regrets and the legacies of their childhoods and early adult lives, and find happiness at last – not alone, but together.

The writer’s style makes it easy to get inside the chara...more
Racheal
What a great ending to The Gingerbread Girls series!! The other two books in this series are
The Christmas Baby Surprise by Shirley Jump
Marry Me Under the Mistletoe by Rebecca Winters

ALL of the characters from the other two books join together in this last book to help celebrate with Cole & Emily as they renew their wedding vows. Yes, there was a love story(or two) but Snowflakes & Sliver Linings was so much more than that. It was a wonderfully written story about two people who go throu...more
Hsiau Wei
Casey is at a crossroads. Her friends are either happily married or a bride to be. She tried hard to keep a cheerful attitude with them. She wanted to be a single parent in order for her to have the family she wants. She have given up hope to find love the natural way what with her ending her engagement and losing her dad. All she is waiting for is the right time for her to tell her friends her plan but all that change when she met the man who broke her heart, Turner, the groom’s best man. Desp...more
Rhonda
4 STARS

This is charming Christmas story. The characters are likeable and you want things for them to workout.
a little action but most of story is about relationships in the past and the now.

They are gathered together to get the Gingerbread Inn opening for the Christmas Eve wedding.
Casey has had a tough life. She is a scientist. She has decided to give up on love and have a baby by herself.

Turner job is top secret. He has been asked by his friend to help and since he was in the states he agreed....more
Rhonda
believe it!

MY Review:Snowflakes and Silver Linings by Cara Colter

4 STARS

Turner job is top secret. He has been aske...more
Sonya Heaney
Originally posted HERE .

Question: does the guy on the cover look like a Special Forces soldier? Anyone? I think not!

“That is what is important. Love. And I hope someday it will include all our babies. Babies who will grow into toddlers as love deepens all around us.”

Harlequin’s ‘Romance’ line might be best described as, ‘romance you’d feel comfortable giving your grandmother’. The characters often think, speak and act in grandma-approved ways, and there’s nothing anyone could be offended by.

Sno...more
Janet
I did not read the Gingerbread Girls series, and this is the final chapter. I did wish that I had read the first two as the characters in this book are so interesting I'm sure their stories would have also been good. Even so, this book wraps everything up nicely. Cara Colter has offered readers a lovely sweet story, well plotted and peopled with engaging characters. I think it would be a great story even without the Holiday backdrop. I would definitely read more from Cara Colter.
*I received my...more
Kobie
Mar 22, 2014 Kobie added it
Shelves: dnf
not a fan of the girlfriend gab session. Gingerbread girls series.
Jessica Figueroa
A sweet and charming little holiday book. I really enjoyed it. It was a perfect escape to read this book during all this holiday stress. It was predictable and I loved it. I loved the connection between Turner and Casey. I loved that I got to see a bit into what they thought from both their point of views. I felt that the characters felt real and they were very relate able. I thought this lovely little book was well written. This is the perfect time to get a hold of this book. Highly Recommend!
Amanda
(Mrs B's Books) Emily
(Mrs B's Books) Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Lilla
Lilla marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Paige
Paige added it
Mar 07, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
Apurva
Apurva added it
Jan 14, 2014
Cara Colter was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, surrounded by ranches, but she was always a reluctant city girl. A journalism graduate, she has been making her living with words for her entire adult life. Before published her first romance novel in 1987, she wrote educational materials, newspaper stories, magazine articles and even sermons!

"I am living proof that dreams come true," Cara says. "I...more
More about Cara Colter...
Pernikahan Sang Pangeran (Royally Wed, #7) Winning a Groom in 10 Dates Her Royal Husband / Suamiku Sang Pangeran (Crown & Glory) To Dance with a Prince The Playboy's Plain Jane