Start by marking “Snowflakes and Silver Linings” as Want to Read:
Snowflakes and Silver Linings

Snowflakes and Silver Linings (The Gingerbread Girls #3)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  37 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
A wedding guest from her past…

After a rocky year, Casey Caravetta pulls herself together and puts on a smile for her best friend's Christmas Eve wedding. However, she hadn't expected to see Turner Kennedy, the first man to break her heart.

Special Forces commando Turner is now hard, dark and dangerous, tortured by his experiences of war. Coming face-to-face again with bea
Published December 3rd 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Snowflakes and Silver Linings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowflakes and Silver Linings

MrsJoseph
Aug 25, 2015 MrsJoseph rated it did not like it
1.5 stars rounded down to 1 star

Susan
Very good book with some intense emotions on both sides. Casey has come to Gingerbread Inn to help her two best friends with Emily's wedding. She's trying to keep a cheerful attitude with all the love that's floating around but it's hard. In the last year she had ended her engagement, lost her father and seen her mother become a nun. She's given up on the idea of ever having romantic love of her own and plans to become a single mother to have the family she wants. The last thing she expects is ...more
Debbie Oxier
Dec 15, 2015 Debbie Oxier rated it it was amazing
Casey Caravatti once had her heart broken by Turner Kennedy. After serving as attendants at their best friends' wedding, they'd spent three wonderful days and nights together at the Waldorf-Astoria, in their presidential suite, bouncing on beds, him painting her toenails red, and getting to know one another inside out. Even though Turner told her that was all the time he had, Casey still couldn't believe he'd walked away without even saying goodbye. Just let her wake up alone.

What Casey didn't
Pupottina

Uomo perfetto sotto l’albero

Un Jolly che porta emozioni ed appartiene all’interessante e romantica serie di romanzi intitolata: “Le ragazze del Pan di Zenzero”. Delizie e chiacchiere tra amiche, tre donne, che hanno stipulato un patto in passato, quello di rimanere unite e mantenere viva la loro amicizia.
Sì, è proprio un sentimento nobile, come l’amicizia, quello che tiene unite tre amiche con la voglia di ritrovarsi per raccontare se stesse e tutto ciò che di importante accade nelle loro vite.
Sonya Heaney
Originally posted HERE .

Question: does the guy on the cover look like a Special Forces soldier? Anyone? I think not!

“That is what is important. Love. And I hope someday it will include all our babies. Babies who will grow into toddlers as love deepens all around us.”

Harlequin’s ‘Romance’ line might be best described as, ‘romance you’d feel comfortable giving your grandmother’. The characters often think, speak and act in grandma-approved ways, and there’s nothing anyone could be offended by.

S
Hsiau Wei
May 30, 2014 Hsiau Wei rated it liked it
Casey is at a crossroads. Her friends are either happily married or a bride to be. She tried hard to keep a cheerful attitude with them. She wanted to be a single parent in order for her to have the family she wants. She have given up hope to find love the natural way what with her ending her engagement and losing her dad. All she is waiting for is the right time for her to tell her friends her plan but all that change when she met the man who broke her heart, Turner, the groom’s best man. ...more
Rhonda
Dec 04, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS

This is charming Christmas story. The characters are likeable and you want things for them to workout.
a little action but most of story is about relationships in the past and the now.

They are gathered together to get the Gingerbread Inn opening for the Christmas Eve wedding.
Casey has had a tough life. She is a scientist. She has decided to give up on love and have a baby by herself.

Turner job is top secret. He has been asked by his friend to help and since he was in the states he agreed.
Hannah Fielding
Feb 28, 2014 Hannah Fielding rated it really liked it
A great little seasonal read.

For me, the strength of this book lies very much in the characterisation – both Casey and Turner are multi-faceted characters whom I was keen to unravel. So much of their pasts holds them back, and the book is essentially a journey in a microcosm that offers them the opportunity to shed their regrets and the legacies of their childhoods and early adult lives, and find happiness at last – not alone, but together.

The writer’s style makes it easy to get inside the chara
Rhonda
Oct 01, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it
believe it!

MY Review:Snowflakes and Silver Linings by Cara Colter

4 STARS

Turner job is top secret. He has been aske
Racheal
Aug 11, 2016 Racheal rated it it was amazing
What a great ending to The Gingerbread Girls series!! The other two books in this series are
The Christmas Baby Surprise by Shirley Jump
Marry Me Under the Mistletoe by Rebecca Winters

ALL of the characters from the other two books join together in this last book to help celebrate with Cole & Emily as they renew their wedding vows. Yes, there was a love story(or two) but Snowflakes & Sliver Linings was so much more than that. It was a wonderfully written story about two people who go throu
Gail
Last book in the bundle, also a reunion story, which makes 3 out of 4. I guess it's easier to reach the intimacy needed if the relationship is already there. In this one, the hero and heroine had a brief encounter--not a fling, but a few days of innocent fun ending with a single kiss. They are brought together again by mutual friends and despite their mutual desire not to start anything... well, it's a romance, isn't it? I liked it a lot. There was a whole lot of philosophical stuff at the end, ...more
Janet
Jan 16, 2014 Janet rated it liked it
I did not read the Gingerbread Girls series, and this is the final chapter. I did wish that I had read the first two as the characters in this book are so interesting I'm sure their stories would have also been good. Even so, this book wraps everything up nicely. Cara Colter has offered readers a lovely sweet story, well plotted and peopled with engaging characters. I think it would be a great story even without the Holiday backdrop. I would definitely read more from Cara Colter.
*I received my
Jessica Figueroa
Dec 25, 2014 Jessica Figueroa rated it it was amazing
A sweet and charming little holiday book. I really enjoyed it. It was a perfect escape to read this book during all this holiday stress. It was predictable and I loved it. I loved the connection between Turner and Casey. I loved that I got to see a bit into what they thought from both their point of views. I felt that the characters felt real and they were very relate able. I thought this lovely little book was well written. This is the perfect time to get a hold of this book. Highly Recommend!
Carol Bowser
Carol Bowser rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2015
Jessica Robinson
Jessica Robinson rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2014
Laura Vazquez
Laura Vazquez rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
Linda Baldwin
Linda Baldwin rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2013
Viviana kiaben
Viviana kiaben rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2015
Kim Cruz
Kim Cruz rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Amanda
Jan 15, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing
reviews to come
Isabel Gzm
Isabel Gzm rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
Patty
Patty rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Abie Wolff
Abie Wolff rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Lisseth (Read-a-holicZ)
Lisseth (Read-a-holicZ) rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2014
DiAnn
DiAnn rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2015
ANGELIA
ANGELIA rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2016
Nathaniel
Nathaniel rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Valeria
Valeria rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2015
Cara Colter was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, surrounded by ranches, but she was always a reluctant city girl. A journalism graduate, she has been making her living with words for her entire adult life. Before published her first romance novel in 1987, she wrote educational materials, newspaper stories, magazine articles and even sermons!

"I am living proof that dreams come true," Cara says. "I
More about Cara Colter...

The Gingerbread Girls (3 books)
  • The Christmas Baby Surprise (The Gingerbread Girls, #1)
  • Marry Me Under the Mistletoe (The Gingerbread Girls, #2)