Start by marking “The Reunion Lie” as Want to Read:
The Reunion Lie

The Reunion Lie

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  134 ratings  ·  34 reviews
It was only meant to be a little white lie.

Inventing a fake fiancé was an act of desperation for Zoe Montgomery - a knee-jerk response to her horrifying high school reunion! But now that she's convinced London's most unattainable bachelor to play the part, her little white lie is spiraling out of control.

Because everyone wants a piece of tycoon Dan Forrester. Including Zoe
Published November 19th 2013 by Harlequin KISS (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Reunion Lie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reunion Lie

Alexis-Morgan Roark
I can't remember the last time I had this much fun and felt so much all while reading a romance novel. This book is both funny and heart wrenching and perhaps a bit over the top at times...but, I'm good with that, too.

A quick, fun, sexy read guaranteed to keep your toes curled and nicely warmed.

Review copied provided by NetGalley.
RLA

There was something about the back cover blurb that made me think I wouldn't enjoy this book all that much... But I must have been reading something different as I ended up loving this book!

The opening of this book is fantastic, I was utterly absorbed from the word go. Lucy King managed to draw me right into the heroine's feelings, I was feeling as uncomfortable, unconfident, and inadequate as the heroine was at that moment in her private hell of a reunion. I loved the touch that the he
Casey
More on my blog: http://caseyreadstoo.blogspot.com/201...

When I first read the synopsis for this book, I immediately thought that it would be a good read. After I realize that this book is published by Harlequin, I dialed down on my expectation of an excellent love story because having read a bunch of Harlequin books, yes, they are tear-jerkers but they always lacked something. Maybe because usually the stories are short and left me unsatisfied by the end.

This story is no exception. However! It
Lyn  Ching
For more book reviews, please check out: www.readingtsinoy.blogspot.com

Zoe is desperate. With teenage demons and insecurities popping out at her class reunion, she could only do one thing; Invent the boyfriend of her dreams and jump the first good looking man that entered the bar.

A stranger’s unwelcome and unexpected kiss was shocking enough but more so was Dan’s instinctive reaction to Zoe’s assault. He liked it! And the aftermath was so unlike him too. Instead of leaping out of the bar, he pla
Sincere

Zoe Montgomery is successful businesswoman .She is smart and independent. Zoe got the invitation to school reunion, she decided to go and show how successful she is ,like a little revenge to the bullying she suffered from in school. Anyway This didn't go smooth as she want, in the school reunion she found out that even she is a billionaire..she still didn't considered as successful in life until she has a husband or boyfriend??
Out of desperation ,she begged stranger to be her fake boyfriend ,but
Summer
3.5 Stars. Belittled by the same mean girls who bullied her in their school days, Londoner Zoe invents a boyfriend to impress them, and she enlists the first guy she sees - advertising man, Dan - to play the part.

The Reunion Lie of the title only extends about a quarter of the way into the book, from there, thirtysomething statistics analyst Zoe realizes she wants to be the person she pretended to be at her reunion - she wants a life beyond work, so again, she looks to Dan. He’s game for the no-
Hsiau Wei
Zoë is a successful businesswomen whom presented a strong personality to other but deep down she is emotionally fragile. She is terribly insecure, as a result of being a high school bullying victim. She was so intimidated by the past that she is desperately wanting to show that she is highly successfully to her classmates in both business and her personal life to the extent that she asked a stranger to be her boyfriend. Dan, on the other hand, was caught off guard but decided to play along. But ...more
Landslide
*I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Zoe Montgomery is a successful woman. She has her own mystery shopping agency, which is very profitable, and she has a doctorate, but none of that seems to impress her old boarding school colleagues. They are only impressed by each other’s husbands and children, and Zoe doesn’t even have a boyfriend… Her plan to impress the colleagues that bullied her in high school, by demonstrating that she has overcome the past and the abus
Merril Anil
Diabetic Story

Somewhere around in the review of a previous book, I had written that it was sugary enough to get me diabetic but it was nothing compared to this book because this could actually replace the sugar in my tea. You have to be superbly emotionally gullible to like this book since for me the whole dialogues and the reactions of the characters were too unnatural far from reality but then if you like the movie version of romance then probably you will be in awe of this book.

To begin wi
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
*Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World :)*

The Reunion Lie is a fast-paced romance that is enjoyable to read. I like the overall idea of the book, it has a great premise that immediately pulls you in and the cover is stunning. Lucy King did a good job portraying the characters and the challenges that they have to face. Both with painful pasts, Zoe and Dan are the perfect couple that need each other in order to overcome their separate obstacles. Having triumph in her career, Zoe would ha
Sandra
On a whim, Zoe decided to attend her high school reunion despite the fact that she was bullied by practically everyone in attendance. She thought her successful professional career would finally impress them, but instead all they care about is her love life. On the spot she makes up a boyfriend and convinces a stranger at the bar to play the pretend boyfriend… but little does she know that Dan Forrester is more than she bargained for and soon the two are embarking on something much more real.

Ah!
Cheryl M-M
The best thing about a Mills & Boon book is the fact it is a quick door into a literary escape with just the right amount of drama, sorrow and heart-wrenching moments of passion. A bit like eating a strawberry cream from a tin of Quality Streets.The moment of anticipation before you pop it in your mouth is only exceeded by the yummy texture of chocolatey strawberryness.
Mills & boon is always good for a quick fix of escapism.
Enter the main character Zoe, a successful businesswoman who is
Sonya Heaney
Originally posted HERE .

It’s nice to read contemporary romances involving English characters for a change. Throw in a heroine who was bullied dreadfully and an honourable but untrusting hero, and you have the makings of a sweet little contemporary romance.

A huge portion of the book takes place at our heroine’s school reunion. Having attended an awfully, snobby boarding school where she was the odd one out and physically as well as mentally abused, Zoe has every intention of turning up and impres
Jessica Figueroa
What I really enjoyed about this book was how relate able it was. I myself have been out of high school for a while now and I'll be waiting for the dreaded reunion invitation soon. I'll have to deal with well pretty much what Zoe had to go through, I have no boyfriend/husband or kids. Just school and hopefully a job soon. So I enjoyed Zoe very much seeing her POV to it. I don't think I would go as far as to come up with a fake fiance but it was fun to see how it went for Zoe. I liked that I had ...more
Ali Crean
This Makin' the Love Monday is Lucy King's The Reunion Lie. A charming romantic romp about Zoe Montegomery, who attends her girlhood schoolmate reunion, only to find she is still the odd girl out. In lieu of being light on the home and hearth front she guerrilla attacks the first man she sees and enlists him in an impromptu romance. What she hadn't expected was the marriage proposal, the news coverage and the subsequent rumors. While he is back tracking, she is making plans... but just for a no- ...more
Ali Williams
Everyone wants to be the best they can be. Cast your minds back to the day when you sat with your friends, deciding what you wanted to have achieved by the time you were 30. My dream – the rather naïve prospect of being the Poet Laureate, closely followed by the as-yet-unrealised dream of being published – is still something I use as a yard stick. And good grief I want to get there before I face everyone I went to school with.

On attending her school reunion, Zoe panics when faced with the clique
Wanda
I had a feeling from the beginning this was going to be a great book and I was not disappointed. What started a s a little lie turned into so much more. Inventing a fake fiancé was an act of desperation for Zoe Montgomery, but who would have guessed it would turn out the way it did!
Fantastic story!!
June
Oh the joys of high school reunions and all the anxiety the bring.

Zoe finds herself amongst her bullying enemies from high school only to create a make believe boyfriend in order to gain acknowledgment of her accomplishments in life. But one lie leads to another and next thing she knows, she's thrown herself into the arms of a stranger.

Dan is avoiding woman and the appearance of relationships when he suddenly finds a woman in his arms. Although she seems to be pretty insane he finds himself att
Janet
This was a light, easy, short read. I would classify it as more of a novella. The author did a good job of detailing the characters for the format. I felt that I had enough background to understand motives and be engaged in the outcomes. The setting was well drawn, the premise fun and the characters engaging. Typical of the KISS line, it's love scenes were passionate and plentiful. All in all an enjoyable afternoon's read.
*I received my copy from NetGalley.com in exchange for an honest review.
Charis
A quick fun read rather enjoyable. Zoe goes to her high school reunion and is hassled by the mean girls who made her life hell so she invents a boy friend and her eyes land on the first available male and gets him to go along with her plan. They both have to work through some personal issues but eventually get to their happy ending.
Writerlibrarian
Different but good. The first two chapters are a bit rocky and if you have an embarrasment thing you might almost give up. But don't because both Zoe and Dan are worth the effort. Two adults, acting like grown ups, facing their fears, the possibility of getting hurt but also enjoying each other. This was a nice surprise and the reunion ploy is forgotten fast to make place for the journey towards a grown up relationship. Zoe is wonderful in her let's face things up. Dan breaks out of the stereoty ...more
Lia
This one started slow for me. And parts of it were difficult for me to read due to the British slang and grammar. But the story picked up a 1/3 or so of the way through. Overall, an enjoyable read.
Annie Burrows
A little gem that I only discovered because it was in the Mills & Boon sale!
Jenn
Very quick but sweet read. Zoe was bullied in HS and when she decides to go to a reunion, she is forced to make up a boyfriend, just to start feeling like she belongs. She sees a cute guy, from a cross the bar, and throws herself at him and begs him to help with the lie.

Dan is used to women throwing themselves at him, just for the publicity. So he is leery, until he realizes that she doesn't want anything from him but a few minutes of his time.

They have no idea that those few minutes will lead
Ava
this book was about Zoe and Dan and was set in London.
They met in a pub and from the initiative of Zoe, a very bold, they were pair. From a total incognito guy for her to a fake boyfriend to fake fiance. And he went for it because he felt that was something to do even he was more a private man from experienced. but one thing to another, he gave her an opportunity which also one for him.
That opened from a short expiration date to an open gate of feelings for him.
Karen
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

Zoe Montgomery was in her own kind of hell. Having decided to attend her high-school reunion, she realizes that it wasn’t the best idea. Yes, she’s successful and not nearly as socially inept as she was in her teens – but Zoe had no idea that her goals were so different from her classmates. Read More
Cas Ryan
lovely book im really getting into these newer mills and boon books
N. Kuhn
This was a cute little love story. Slighty sexy, fun. I really enjoyed the plot and the fact that it developed into more. Some parts screamed FSOG to me, which I didn't like, but for the most part, it's a sweet little romance!
Deanne
Cute fluffy romance , It has been ages since I have read a Harlequin novel and it took me awhile to finish it due to the lack of excitement I look for in stories but this was tolerable and cute enough to endure .

Rachel Gilbey
A very fast read and to be honest a typical Harlequin/Mills and Boon type story. Enjoyable but short and sweet. Reasonably predictable but equally would read others by the author happily enough.
  • What the Bride Didn't Know (The Wests, #3)
  • Saved By The Bride (Wedding Fever, #1)
  • Her Man in Manhattan
  • Mr. (Not Quite) Perfect
  • Pretending with the Playboy (In Love with a Tycoon, #2)
  • How to Get Over Your Ex (Valentine's Day Survival Guide duet)
  • Thirty Days to Win His Wife (Brides and Belles #2)
  • Living in Shadow (Living In..., #1)
  • Must Like Kids
  • The Most Expensive Night of Her Life
  • Pregnant by Morning
  • The Summer of Jake (Entangled Embrace)
  • Million Dollar Christmas Proposal
  • The Taming of a Wild Child (LaBlanc Sisters #2)
  • The Billionaire's Paradigm: His Absolute Purpose (The Billionaire's Paradigm, #1-7)
  • What the Paparazzi Didn't See
  • Pastels and Jingle Bells (Heavenly Bites #1)
  • Expecting a Bolton Baby
The Best Man for the Job One More Sleepless Night The Couple Behind the Headlines One Night with Her Ex Bought: Damsel in Distress