Start by marking “Christmas Cover-Up” as Want to Read:
Christmas Cover-Up

Christmas Cover-Up (Family reunions #2)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  24 reviews

Published December 3rd 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Cover-Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Cover-Up

Kept by Sally  BradleyRyan's Father by June FosterElevated, a Tale by Catherine CrumberFalling for the Forest Ranger by Leigh BaleSwept Away by Laura V. Hilton
Contemporary Inspirationals
40th out of 51 books — 16 voters
Killer Games by Nese EllysonWhere Secrets Sleep by Marta PerryBack to the Top by J.L. PaulTo Save Her Child by Margaret DaleyPhone calls from a rock star by J.L. Paul
clean romantic suspense
18th out of 25 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Rebecca "Rebaka" Lewis
I really enjoyed getting to read this 2nd book of Family Reunions. This story reintroduced us to Katie Randall and the loss of her younger sister, Lucy. Can Jordan Grey help find the truth before things get out of hand?

Thank you Loraine for letting me read this story. It was a traveling book that has gone to several states and have been read by good and wonderful people.
SUMMARY: Seven-year-old Lucy Randall had been kidnapped in broad daylight fourteen years ago, and now Detective Katie Randall is determined to solve her sister's case. Her only option is to team up with the man whose family hates her. Former FBI agent Jordan Grey knows the beautiful cop isn't to blame for his brother's death, but he can't risk causing his parents more pain by falling for Katie. He'll have to focus on finding Lucy. But when Katie and Jordan uncover the truth, will this kidnapper ...more
There are some mystery/suspense books (Lee Child's Jack Reacher comes to mind) where the most improbable things become believable. Then there are books where the events that happen seem so unreal. Christmas Cover-Up struck me as unrealistic much of the time. The main character was a bit like a cat with nine lives and I began to wonder what else could happen to her and what other insurance policy could be tapped during the course of the book.

I also found the quick relationship that built between
Review on Amazon:
Review on my blog (to be posted 12/20):

Christmas Cover-Up was a good Love Inspired Suspense book. While not everything seemed believable and that did take away some of the enjoyment for me, I did still like the book. I thought the cold-case kidnapping was intriguing and I was somewhat surprised to find out what exactly had happened. Overall, a good read. Not great, but not bad either.

*Disclosure of

My Review: Christmas Cover-Up

This story if full of drama, action, danger, prayer. Things seem to calm and then ratchet back into more danger. It is exciting book. Did not like putting it down.

I would have chosen a different title because it gives a little too much away and you figure out the suspense early on.

I enjoyed the characters. Katie decided to be a cop to help find out what happened to her sister so many years ago. She wants to be loved by her parents but feels she has to earn the
Wendy Sparkes
#2 Family Reunions

A break-in, murders, attempted murder, shootings...someone doesn't want Detective Katie Randall looking into her sister's kidnapping that happened 14 years ago.

I loved the romance in this story. Jordan Gray with the agancy Finding the Lost was the perfect partner to help her in this cold case, and the perfect hero for her!

I also enjoyed the fact that it was set during Christmas, a favourite season of mine!

I'm looking forward to reading Brandon's story in #3.

#1 Hide and Seek by Lynette Eason #3 Her Stolen Past by Lynette Eason
Dianne Sidebottom
I have been following on fb Lynette & DiAnn were rooming together while learning from real people the in's n out's of police work along with other author's. Sort of jelled to read this story in the family reunion series. Katie was driven to become a detective after her sister disappeared 14years ago. As a reader the suspicions of who had taken Lucy came to light in what may seem sloppy police work or deliberate hiding of info. Relationships can be so fragile especially when the blame game ge ...more
A young girl was kidnapped 14 years previously. Her sister, Detective Katie Randall is still trying to solve the case. Because of her obsession with the case, she hires a private company who finds Lost people to help her. Jordan Gray is the employee assigned to help her find Lucy.

When Katie's sister was taken, her family life fell apart. Her mother went into a depression and basically wants nothing to do with Katie. This is hard for Katie, because she still needs her mother. Her father tries to
Ashley Dawn
I got completely wrapped up in this book. Katie's little sister disappeared from their front yard when Katie was distracted by helping a neighbor take in her groceries. Lucy was 7 and that was 14 years ago. Katie became a detective and has searched endlessly for Lucy. Hiring a friend's firm to help her, she didn't expect FBI agent Jordan Grey to be the one assigned to Lucy's disappearance. His family blames her for the death of their youngest son.
Loved the mystery! It seriously could have been a
I thoroughly enjoyed the suspense wrapped around this story; A detective tries to find her sister, Lucy, that went missing many years ago and somebody does not want her to go digging into the case again. I felt compelled to keep reading so I could find out if they finally get to end the mystery of what happened to Lucy. An enjoyable read for those who like a good suspense story.
Kay Defreese
Christmas Cover-Up is the second book of the Family Reunions series. If you plan on reading any of the others you need to read the first book in the series because there are conversations in the second book that give away the storyline in the first book. I could not put this book down. I had to keep reading until I found out who was responsible for Lucy's kidnapping. I had no clue until near the end who the kidnapper was.
Great story! Well written. Love the characters. I definitely didn't know for sure who the bad guy was until the meeting place. Some suspicions were raised that were left hanging. Nothing super major but enough to warrant a four star rather than five star. Regardless, over all it was a great read! Thanks, Lynette!
Donna (More Than a Review)
Christmas Cover up is an inspirational romantic suspense. Although the book has Christmas in the title there is very little Christmas theme to it. However it is an excellent suspense...
You can see my full review at More Than a Review dot com where I rate the level of sex, violence, language and drug/alcohol use in books.
Wilani Wahl
This was such a great mystery. It kept you guessing until the very end. I loved the way the characters resolved their problems through the Lord who is the source for all our answers.
Another excellent book by Lynette Eason, the second in the Family Reunions series. The hope of finding a sister kidnapped 14 years ago drives Det. Kate Randall, who begins to work together with a former FBI agent who currently helps people find lost family members. Kate's biggest challenge is learning to trust in the Lord again, to seek His will. And the alliance of Katie and Jordan has opened up secrets in Jordan's family as well as can either further delay -- or hasten -- the healing between t ...more
Another good book by Lynette Eason. I liked seeing how the characters continued to develop through this series and I look forward to reading the last book soon.
A good story but with a very improbable series of events. The book strikes me as a grown-up's version of a Nancy Drew mystery.
Monica Willyard
This is a great romantic mystery with a nicely layered plot. I read it during a long flight and managed to lose track of time.
A pretty good mystery with a twist I didn't suspect until later-on in the book. I did like that none of the conflicts in this book were easily solved and that it was obvious everything, even the resolution, would take work from everyone in order to get to a happily ever after.

Note: Not Christmassy enough to fill my Christmas reading needs.

(Provided by publisher)
I am so loving this latest series, Family Reunions, by Lynette Eason. In book two, Christmas Cover-up, Detective Katie Randall and FBI agent Jordan Grey work to find Katie' s sister that has been missing for fourteen years. Just like book one in the series, I loved this story from cover to cover.
John Hanscom
One of the better of this type of novel. I did not think so at first, as it was slow getting started, but once it did, it was exciting. I especially liked it as the female protagonist was not a weak person needing rescuing, but, in some manner, her own co-rescuer.
Harlequin Books
"The mystery keeps the reader guessing with a number of twists. The characters remind us that, even though we are flawed, God still loves us". (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars)

Miniseries: Family Reunions
absolutely awesome mystery!! I always try to figure them out but no way did I have this one right!!! It is a must read!!!! Thanks again Lynette for sharing another great one with us!!! <3
Harlequin Books
Received 4 stars at RT Book Reviews
Miniseries: Family Reunions
Jun 01, 2015 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
Dawn ♥ romance
Dawn ♥ romance marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Shelia marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Jackie Ricks
Jackie Ricks marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Sara marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Fugitive (Heroes for Hire, #8)
  • The Baby Rescue
  • Zero Visibility
  • Stolen Memories
  • Undercover Marriage
  • No Way Out
  • Dangerous Melody (Treasure Seekers #2)
  • Explosive Secrets
  • Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)
  • Formula for Danger (Sonoma, #2)
Lynette Eason grew up in Greenville, SC. She graduated from the University of South Carolina, Columbia, and then obtained her masters in education from Converse College. Author of twenty inspirational romantic suspense books, she is also a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA). In 1996, Lynette married "the boy next door" and now she and her husba ...more
More about Lynette Eason...

Family reunions (3 books)
  • Hide and Seek
  • Her Stolen Past
Too Close to Home (Women of Justice, #1) When the Smoke Clears (Deadly Reunions, #1) A Killer Among Us (Women of Justice #3) Don't Look Back (Women of Justice, #2) When a Heart Stops (Deadly Reunions, #2)