Start by marking “Force of Nature (Stormswept, #2)” as Want to Read:
Force of Nature (Stormswept, #2)

Force of Nature (Stormswept #2)

STORMY REUNION

Pulled from the waves and gasping for air, the last person Antonia Verde expects to be her rescuer is Reuben Sandoval. He may once have been the love of her life, but his drug-smuggling brother ruined their chance of happiness. Now with a storm blowing in, Rueben's island hotel is her only refuge. Soon they find themselves trapped on the island with a killer
Published December 3rd 2013 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about Force of Nature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Force of Nature

Cindy
Nov 16, 2013 Cindy rated it really liked it
Great fast read. Couldn't put it down until I finished! I just had to know what was going to happen next! I felt like I struggled through the hurricane with them. There was so much action and adventure I was never bored.
John Hanscom
Nov 05, 2013 John Hanscom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a lot of fun. It was more of an "action movie" than a novel, but it was a very good action movie.
Susan
Oct 14, 2016 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Force of Nature

Another wonderful book. The suspense and romance were just perfect. The author always does a good job of painting word pictures so us readers can picture the book unfolding in our mind's eye. Looking forward to more.
Cathy Daniel
Jan 21, 2016 Cathy Daniel rated it it was amazing
SO good! This was an adventure/action story which this author writes so well! One of my favorites of the line!
Bonnie Drummond
Oct 15, 2016 Bonnie Drummond rated it it was amazing
Shelves: harlequin
Force Of Nature book 2 in the STORMSWEPT Series is a fast pace read that takes you to a beautiful place near Florida where survival from a very dangerous Hurricane and men that want to ill them all for the land and a brother that can't be saved from going to jail. FORCE OF NATURE the 2nd book in the STORMSWEPT series by: Dana Mentink is a very very good book to read.
cookiemonger
Mar 05, 2016 cookiemonger rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
Romancing the Book
Jun 08, 2015 Romancing the Book rated it liked it
Reviewed by Jen
Book won in a Goodreads contest
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

I’m always a little wary when I pick up an inspirational romance. While I want that touch of Christianity, I don’t want to be preached at. Luckily, Force of Nature doesn’t cross that fine line into preachiness. However, there was just something about it that just made me merely like the story rather than like the story.

So this is a reunion story. Antonia and Reuben were in a relationship. As were their siblings,
D.J.

In the first book of this series, ex-soldier Trey Black is reunited with Sage Harrington a journalist he met in Afghanistan when she was on assignment there. Although she suffers from PTSD, Sage is determined to find her missing cousin – Antonio Verde – and Trey is determined to protect Sage.

After the earthquake, Antonio travels to Florida, where she finds herself trapped on a nearby island with Reuben Sandoval, who was once the love of her life. Can she trust him with her life… or her heart?

dan
Joanne
Jun 06, 2014 Joanne rated it liked it
Antonia is saved from almost drowning by none other than Reuben Sandoval who was the love of her life until he sided with his brother, the drug runner against her sister and daughter Gracie. Reuben believed that his brother could not have attacked the mother of his daughter and said so in court.

After Antonia is pulled from the waves she ends up on Reuben's island where she is stranded due to a hurricane but whats worse is that there are killers on the island after Reuben and her thanks to his b
Honey Jimenez
Mar 22, 2014 Honey Jimenez rated it it was ok
Shelves: my-library
I found this book very interesting. Mainly the fact that it takes place on a Florida island during a hurricane. I've never experienced a hurricane because I've never lived close enough to any ocean. The constant flash backs of the main character's relationship is monotonous and annoying, but eventually there is a point when it stops and there is forgiveness between them.. This is one of the books on my list that is out of my comfort zone- a love inspired suspense published by Harlequin. It's not ...more
Jeanette
Oct 24, 2015 Jeanette rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013

This was action packed right from the beginning. As if trying to survive a hurricane wasn't enough of a battle, but trying to do it while trying not killed by some bad guys after you. Reuben and Antonia definitely had their work cut out for them. I did find parts of the story hard to follow as they were trying to escape though, I just couldn't picture what they were going through.
June
Oct 25, 2014 June rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Dana Mentink does such a great job with her descriptions that you feel like you are right there experiencing it! Hurricane season has always been something on TV since I live in Utah. By the time I finished this story I was feeling quite battered! Kind of the same after her earthquake book too!

The characters were all quite interesting.

Joanie
Sep 10, 2016 Joanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Antonia was rescued from the ocean from her x-beau, Reuben. They, along with others, were being hunted by people who wanted the island to be theirs. Murderers were out there but could they escape?
To top things off the big obstacle of a hurricane hitting the island threatened them.
This quick read showed that faith prevails.
Harlequin Books
"The threat of truly hostile take-over gives the story a David vs. Goliath feel, .... As the characters lose all control in the face of a natural disaster, they, and readers, are reminded of the fragility of human life". (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars)

Miniseries: Stormswept
Judie Dooley
May 03, 2014 Judie Dooley rated it really liked it
a story of family dynamics--drug smuggling--throw in a beautiful woman who the smugglers are trying to kill. All takes places during a terrible hurrican that pits people against people and everyone and everything against the storm. good character portrayal and story line. I enjoyed reading it.
Anne
Mar 12, 2014 Anne rated it really liked it
Good book, it just seemed to gone on and on with about the same thing happening over and over. Enjoyed the characters, but I think the story could have been developed a little more with other characters.
Laurie D'ghent
Okay, but it really annoyed me that they kept going out into the hurricane. Granted, a few times they didn't really have a choice, but it's like a horror movie where they always go into the basement.
Karen
Mar 11, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
I'm a fan of this author and enjoyed the book..Lots of fast paced action..The only thing is it's just not a believable story..Would recommend it,just read it as fiction and not expect reality..
Jen
Book won in a Goodreads contest. Read my review at http://romancing-the-book.com/2014/03...
Nina
Apr 16, 2016 Nina rated it it was amazing
Loved it, tons of action, great characters, and story line,
its a keeper to be read again and again.
Carol
Jun 05, 2015 Carol rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was okay, but there was too much back story. Was this a sequel to another book? Some of the characters were annoying and no one in this book ever did what they were asked or told to do.
Helen Robson
Helen Robson rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2015
Tony Bright
Tony Bright rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Susan Turnbull
Susan Turnbull rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2014
Harlequin Books
Received 4 stars at RT Book Reviews
Miniseries: Stormswept
Preslaysa Williams
Preslaysa Williams rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2014
Olivia
Olivia rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2015
Jolyn
Jolyn rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2013
Jen
Jen rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Christmas Cover-Up
  • Wilderness Peril
  • The Doctor's Defender (Protection Specialists, #3)
  • SEAL Under Siege (Men of Valor #2)
  • Montana Standoff
  • Texas K-9 Unit Christmas: Holiday Hero\Rescuing Christmas
  • The Officer's Secret  (Military Investigations, #1)
  • Trail of Lies (Texas Ranger Justice, #4)
  • Warning Signs (Stepping Stones Island #1)
  • Face of Danger
  • Prince Incognito (Reclaiming The Crown, #3)
202905
Dana Mentink enjoys writing in many different capacities. She currently writes for Harlequin's Love Inspired Suspense, Harlequin Heartwarming and Harvest House Publishers.

Dana is the recipient of a Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award and an ACFW Carol Award as well as a Holt Medallion Merit Award winner.

Dana loves feedback from her readers. Contact her via her website at www.danamentink.com.
More about Dana Mentink...

Stormswept (3 books)
  • Shock Wave (Stormswept, #1)
  • Flood Zone (Stormswept, #3)