Start by marking “Force of Nature (Stormswept, #2)” as Want to Read:
Force of Nature (Stormswept, #2)

Force of Nature (Stormswept #2)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  20 reviews

Pulled from the waves and gasping for air, the last person Antonia Verde expects to be her rescuer is Reuben Sandoval. He may once have been the love of her life, but his drug-smuggling brother ruined their chance of happiness. Now with a storm blowing in, Rueben's island hotel is her only refuge. Soon they find themselves trapped on the island with a killer
Published December 3rd 2013 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about Force of Nature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Force of Nature

Great fast read. Couldn't put it down until I finished! I just had to know what was going to happen next! I felt like I struggled through the hurricane with them. There was so much action and adventure I was never bored.
John Hanscom
This book was a lot of fun. It was more of an "action movie" than a novel, but it was a very good action movie.
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Jen
Book won in a Goodreads contest
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

I’m always a little wary when I pick up an inspirational romance. While I want that touch of Christianity, I don’t want to be preached at. Luckily, Force of Nature doesn’t cross that fine line into preachiness. However, there was just something about it that just made me merely like the story rather than like the story.

So this is a reunion story. Antonia and Reuben were in a relationship. As were their siblings,

In the first book of this series, ex-soldier Trey Black is reunited with Sage Harrington a journalist he met in Afghanistan when she was on assignment there. Although she suffers from PTSD, Sage is determined to find her missing cousin – Antonio Verde – and Trey is determined to protect Sage.

After the earthquake, Antonio travels to Florida, where she finds herself trapped on a nearby island with Reuben Sandoval, who was once the love of her life. Can she trust him with her life… or her heart?

Antonia is saved from almost drowning by none other than Reuben Sandoval who was the love of her life until he sided with his brother, the drug runner against her sister and daughter Gracie. Reuben believed that his brother could not have attacked the mother of his daughter and said so in court.

After Antonia is pulled from the waves she ends up on Reuben's island where she is stranded due to a hurricane but whats worse is that there are killers on the island after Reuben and her thanks to his b
Antonia was rescued from the ocean from her x-beau, Reuben. They, along with others, were being hunted by people who wanted the island to be theirs. Murderers were out there but could they escape?
To top things off the big obstacle of a hurricane hitting the island threatened them.
This quick read showed that faith prevails.
Laurie D'ghent
Okay, but it really annoyed me that they kept going out into the hurricane. Granted, a few times they didn't really have a choice, but it's like a horror movie where they always go into the basement.
This book was okay, but there was too much back story. Was this a sequel to another book? Some of the characters were annoying and no one in this book ever did what they were asked or told to do.
Book won in a Goodreads contest. Read my review at
Good book, it just seemed to gone on and on with about the same thing happening over and over. Enjoyed the characters, but I think the story could have been developed a little more with other characters.
Honey Jimenez
I found this book very interesting. Mainly the fact that it takes place on a Florida island during a hurricane. I've never experienced a hurricane because I've never lived close enough to any ocean. The constant flash backs of the main character's relationship is monotonous and annoying, but eventually there is a point when it stops and there is forgiveness between them.. This is one of the books on my list that is out of my comfort zone- a love inspired suspense published by Harlequin. It's not ...more
I'm a fan of this author and enjoyed the book..Lots of fast paced action..The only thing is it's just not a believable story..Would recommend it,just read it as fiction and not expect reality..
Good book but the action went off into unreal.

This was action packed right from the beginning. As if trying to survive a hurricane wasn't enough of a battle, but trying to do it while trying not killed by some bad guys after you. Reuben and Antonia definitely had their work cut out for them. I did find parts of the story hard to follow as they were trying to escape though, I just couldn't picture what they were going through.
Oct 25, 2014 June rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Dana Mentink does such a great job with her descriptions that you feel like you are right there experiencing it! Hurricane season has always been something on TV since I live in Utah. By the time I finished this story I was feeling quite battered! Kind of the same after her earthquake book too!

The characters were all quite interesting.

Judie Dooley
a story of family dynamics--drug smuggling--throw in a beautiful woman who the smugglers are trying to kill. All takes places during a terrible hurrican that pits people against people and everyone and everything against the storm. good character portrayal and story line. I enjoyed reading it.
Harlequin Books
"The threat of truly hostile take-over gives the story a David vs. Goliath feel, .... As the characters lose all control in the face of a natural disaster, they, and readers, are reminded of the fragility of human life". (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars)

Miniseries: Stormswept
Harlequin Books
Received 4 stars at RT Book Reviews
Miniseries: Stormswept
Barbara is currently reading it
Sep 30, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Wenona marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Carla marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Keisha marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
  • Christmas Cover-Up
  • Wilderness Peril
  • Montana Standoff
  • The Secret Heiress (Protection Specialists, #2)
  • Texas K-9 Unit Christmas: Holiday Hero\Rescuing Christmas
  • SEAL Under Siege
  • The Baby Rescue
  • Warning Signs (Stepping Stones Island #1)
  • Star Witness
  • Risky Reunion (Protecting the Witnesses, #6)
  • Defending the Duchess (Protecting the Crown, #2)
  • Holiday Defenders: Mission: Christmas Rescue\Special Ops Christmas\Homefront Holiday Hero
Dana Mentink enjoys writing in many different capacities. Her three book mystery series, beginning with Trouble Up Finny’s Nose, debuted in 2008 with Heartsong Presents Mysteries. She also writes for Harlequin’s Love Inspired Suspense line and River North.

Dana is the recipient of a Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award and an ACFW Carol Award as well as a Holt Medallion Merit Award winner.

More about Dana Mentink...

Stormswept (3 books)
  • Shock Wave (Stormswept, #1)
  • Flood Zone (Stormswept, #3)
Lost Legacy (Treasure Seekers #1) Dangerous Melody (Treasure Seekers #2) Hazardous Homecoming (Winds of Danger #1) Final Resort (Treasure Seekers #3) Turbulence