Start by marking “Nate the Great and the Halloween Hunt” as Want to Read:
Nate the Great and the Halloween Hunt

Nate the Great and the Halloween Hunt (Nate the Great #11)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  251 ratings  ·  21 reviews
It is Halloween night and all the kids are dressed in scary and funny costumes.Their Trick or Treat bags are getting heavier.

Nate's good friend Rosamond needs his help.Her cat, Little Hex, is missing.Little Hex hates Halloween, so maybe he's hiding.Or is he lost?Nate and his trusty dog Sludge take the case and hunt in the night for Little Hex.They pass robots, pirates, and
Published June 26th 2013 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Nate the Great and the Halloween Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nate the Great and the Halloween Hunt

Mr. Tedrow
Diana Avalos

I am reading the book about Nate the great and the Halloween hunt.This book is about a boy that solveds mysteries and Nate solveds a friends mysteries.That the girls name is Rosamond and she has a black cat that is scard of Halloween and hides in Halloween.Nate though that little hex the black cat was in a old hunted house.Then Nate and his dog Sludge went inside in the old hunted house.Nate didt bevin in huted houses, gostes,or golieas.Then Nate went in Rosamond house took the blank
Emma
I did not like this book because it is too easy I like a little more challenging book,
Michelle. D.
Nate the Great books aren't that great. I hated them when I was a kid, yet I would always read them.The endings of the books were always the same, they figured out what or who did it. And where are Nate's parents? They just let their son walk around everywhere and question people. That is very irresponsible of them. Nate the Great books always made me fall asleep and always wasted my time. I would not recommend this book to anyone, especially little kids. If kids want real mystery, they should r ...more
Charity
Great read for my seven year old (first grader) as he is just entering chapter books. We enjoyed this one together and plan to check out some of the others soon. He was able to do most of the reading himself with minimal sounding out.
Alexis Montano
Dec 06, 2011 Alexis Montano added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Alexis by: no one
This book was easy to read because it i short.I decided to read this book because it was in my room and I have not read it before.I also decided to rea this book because it is a kds book even though I am still a kid.This book is good for the people who like mystery books because tis is a mystery book.This book is aso fun because it has alot of pictures help you understand what it is telling you but this book is really simple.
Christy

Ariell
I read this with the boys. It was a good for for them. It has pictures on mot pages but it is longer than a picture book. It actually was readable in one sitting. My 5 year old will be starting kindergarten this fall so I am trying to work on getting him ready. One of the things we are doing is reading books. Preferably books that are the top of his maturity level.
Consuelo
"Nate the Great and the Halloween Hunt," by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat, is another mystery in this series. Nate and his trusted dog, Sludge, solve a Halloween mystery. The missing cat mystery on Halloween is solved by Nate's observations and deductive reasoning. Children who like mysteries will love this story.
Lyn
It was a little scary.
Dolly
Sep 20, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Our girls really enjoy the Nate the Great series...the endearingly strange pets, the odd characters, the mysteries to solve and especially the pancakes. This is a fun one for Halloween, with silly costumes (a dancing artichoke?!?), a haunted house and a missing cat. These are fun books to read aloud.
Ashley Allen
This is a great book to read around Halloween! I would use this book to talk about how students can sole problems and "mysterys" on their own. We would talk about the clues and the different steps.
Chinook
Found this in the library and read it to my students. I enjoyed it more than they did, but I think they're a bit youngish for it.
Stirling
I liked this book because the end showed you cool stuff. i like mysterys like scooby doo infact i love scooby doo.
Queenie
Oct 25, 2008 Queenie is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Nate is a detective, who got into trouble when he got locked in a haunted house!!
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Nate the Great goes on a case to find a lost cat, and finds himself in a hauted house.
Melissa Nunez
I read this book in febuary 5, 2009. I founded it in Ms.Woodard new books bin.
Barbara
He didn't solve who made the noise at the haunted house. Chicken. >.<
Maha
If you love mysteries, then you will love this book!
Victorb
Jan 13, 2011 Victorb is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
its halloweenn niht it si spooke there in his haws.
David
Cute little book. I read it to my nieces and they loved it!
Chloe
good halloween book
Charlotte Gates
Charlotte Gates marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
  • Young Cam Jansen and the Dinosaur Game (Young Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
  • Poppleton In Fall
  • Help! A Vampire's Coming! (Ready, Freddy!, #6)
  • The Weeping Werewolf (Moongobble and Me, #2)
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Missing Dinosaur Bone
  • Mouse and Mole, Fine Feathered Friends
  • Fly High, Fly Guy! (Fly Guy, #5)
  • Horrible Harry and the Purple People
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
  • The Case of the Mummy Mystery (Jigsaw Jones, #6)
Marjorie Weinman Sharmat is an American children's writer. She has written more than 130 books for children and teens and her books have been translated into several languages. They have won awards including Book of the Year by the Library of Congress or have become selections by the Literary Guild.
More about Marjorie Weinman Sharmat...
Nate the Great Nate the Great Goes Undercover Nate the Great and the Big Sniff Nate the Great and the Missing Key Nate the Great and the Sticky Case