Start by marking “Nate the Great and the Hungry Book Club” as Want to Read:
Nate the Great and the Hungry Book Club

Nate the Great and the Hungry Book Club (Nate the Great #26)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  129 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Who’s ruining Rosamond’s books?

Rosamond has started a book club called Rosamond’s Ready Readers. But she claims there’s an evil page monster on the loose. This monster has ripped and ruined a page of the cookbook Rosamond uses to make treats for the club.

Nate the Great and his dog, Sludge, go to the next meeting of the book club . . . as undercover detectives. All the mem
Published June 26th 2013 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Nate the Great and the Hungry Book Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nate the Great and the Hungry Book Club

midnightfaerie
A book my 6 yr old loved, a little old for my preschoolers. A solid reading level 2 book, this reader has a good amount of advanced vocabulary words, but not so long that it discourages a new reader. Used it for his read out loud book, which was perfect. It took about 15 mins for him to read and had just enough new vocabulary words to make it challenging. Also, it was a fun and interesting story he could get into. He liked it so much, he asked for more by this author. Great reading book!
Nielson
In this episode of Nate the Great, Nate is on the hunt for the evil monster who tears, rips, and ruins books! (As a librarian, I could really sympathize with his case...I wanted him to find the evil monster that would dare treat books like that:)) But before long, he is also on the hunt for the missing page....it has turned into a double case!! Using his great skills of deduction, Nate the Great is able to figure out both mysteries! This book, along with any other Nate the Great detective story ...more
babyhippoface
Am I the only one who felt like an idiot when I read this because I couldn't solve the mystery? Even after Nate solved it, it still didn't make sense to me. How ya figure, Nate?

Rosamond has started a book club for her friends and their pets, but things go awry when first her cookbook and then the book they're reading each have a page torn out. Can Nate the Great solve the mystery and save the book club? Despite what I thought of the slight story, young readers who love Nate the Great will eagerl
Schmobes
This was great! Kiddo loved it. It had more twists in the case than others we have read. It also had more chapters. Gave Kiddo a sense of accomplishment. Good level 3 to level 3.5.
Beverly
Great for early readers. And of course since I'm a librarian I love that it's about books. I'll be adding this to the collection at school.
I read this book to my niece and was reminded of the good times I had reading this series of books as a child. It is an intelligent, humorous story, with fun characters. I like how Nate the Great works to gather information and solve the mystery so the reader can try to figure out the clues at the same time. I think for full enjoyment I would have needed to be a little more familiar with the Nate the Great characters, but it is certainly a stand-alone book. It was a good book to read aloud, and ...more
Mercedes Todd
This book is about Nate’s friend Rosamond. One day Rosamond went to Nate’s house to drop off some books. She told him she started a book club. Rosamond left and went home. When she got home wanted to use her cookbook to make snacks for her book club. She saw that a page was missing from her cookbook. She called Nate for help. She needed him to help her find the missing page. Nate came over when her book club meeting started. They read a book called Harvard the Hedgehog. A page was missing from t ...more
Karen
Nate the Great is at it again. He is out there being a detective and solving mysteries. This mystery centers on Rosamond's book club. Someone at the book club seems to be tearing, ripping and ruining her books. What makes this a little more complicated is that the book club is made up of animals as well as people. Nate the great is excited to have a real case. Nate uses deductive reasoning skills to figure out what the monster is that is tearing up and ruining the pages of these books. By doing ...more
Mary
Nate has to find out who is ruining Rosamond's books so he and Sludge go undercover. Another solid early chapter mystery in the Nate the Great series.
Kcrosland
This book was ok but a lot of it didn't make sense because Rosamond book club included her animals, they can't read. When pages were missing in her book why would she call the person a page monster, who saids that. Even when Nate was trying to solve the case he went to the gym where they were having the book sale, and walked up to a lady and said I knew she was a librarian because she had a badge that said librarian "duh". And another thing what dog likes chicken noodle soup, thats what Nate was ...more
Seth
Rosmand was having a bookclub and one of the pages were missing. (tohardy the net hog?)
Michelle. D.
Nate the Great books aren't that great. I hated them when I was a kid, yet I would always read them.The endings of the books were always the same, they figured out what or who did it. And where are Nate's parents? They just let their son walk around everywhere and question people. That is very irresponsible of them. Nate the Great books always made me fall asleep and always wasted my time. I would not recommend this book to anyone, especially little kids. If kids want real mystery, they should r ...more
Emily
When an Evil Page Monster begins ripping, tearing, and shredding page in innocent books, Nate the Great (and Sludge) take the case. But soon they have more than one case on their hands (paws) and not many clues. Will Nate be able to pull this mystery off?

It's been quite a while since I read a Nate the Great book, and I have to say this was an enjoyable read.

And it has my new favorite joke:

Why did the elephant use his trunk as a bookmark?
That way he nose where he stopped reading!
Dolly
Aug 17, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Our girls (especially our youngest) have always loved Nate the Great stories. And this one involves books, which is wonderful, except that two of them get damaged. The story is entertaining - classic Nate...the Great. We've read this one a couple of times.
Manuel Alvarez
This book was a good book for my 7 year old she enjoyed guessing who might of took the missing pages. She also liked the idea of a kids book club. She made a point that it is good that all kids have different ideas of the same book. Overall I liked the book and recommend it for reading.
Sandra Vicars
Nate the Great is on the case of the Hungry Book Club. One page is torn, another is missing. Nate follows the clues to solve the case. A great easy read for students that love to read.
Elizabeth
Similar to the others in the series, this one actually seems a little "meatier" in content. My daughter still enjoyed it, although this one was a bit more difficult for her to follow.
Eugene
Not as good as other stories we read, was a little hard to follow, with two cases going on at the same time and numerous people irrelevant to the story. David is the best!
Kristine Pratt
Missing pages from books??? What a dilemma! It's up to Nate to find out who is stealing pages from books before the book club is completely ruined!
Tate Rytky
Hmmm. The last two Nate the Great books were pretty good. This one was just confusing and not good. Hit or miss, this series.
Leslie
If you like pancakes, you'll love Nate the Great.
Katie
Quick paced. Good read.
Summer Ramirez
Summer Ramirez marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Jacqui Sheppherd
Jacqui Sheppherd marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Poppleton
  • Grasshopper on the Road
  • Horrible Harry and the Dragon War
  • Summer Reading is Killing Me! (Time Warp Trio #7)
  • Maybe a Bear Ate It!
  • A Thief at the National Zoo (Capital Mysteries #9)
  • It's Justin Time, Amber Brown
  • The Case of the Mummy Mystery (Jigsaw Jones, #6)
  • Biblioburro: A True Story from Colombia
  • Amelia Bedelia Bakes Off
  • Our Library
  • Dragon Gets By
Marjorie Weinman Sharmat is an American children's writer. She has written more than 130 books for children and teens and her books have been translated into several languages. They have won awards including Book of the Year by the Library of Congress or have become selections by the Literary Guild.
More about Marjorie Weinman Sharmat...

Nate the Great (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Nate the Great
  • Nate the Great Goes Undercover
  • Nate The Great And The Lost List (Nate The Great)
  • Nate the Great and the Phony Clue
  • Nate the Great and the Sticky Case
  • Nate the Great and the Missing Key
  • Nate the Great and the Snowy Trail
  • Nate the Great and the Fishy Prize
  • Nate the Great Stalks Stupidweed
  • Nate the Great and the Boring Beach Bag
Nate the Great Nate the Great Goes Undercover Nate the Great and the Big Sniff Nate the Great and the Missing Key Nate the Great and the Sticky Case