Start by marking “How Not to Start Third Grade” as Want to Read:
How Not to Start Third Grade

How Not to Start Third Grade

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Will should be excited to start third grade. But his little brother, Steve, is starting kindergarten. The same laugh-out-loud writing and hilarious illustrations that brought us How Not to Babysit Your Brother now portray the tribulations and embarrassments of starting school with a very troublesome little brother. School will never be the same!Cathy Hapka and Ellen Titleb ...more
Published June 26th 2013 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published July 10th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about How Not to Start Third Grade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How Not to Start Third Grade

Meghan Drummond

We liked this book because of the dog Buster and how he started the food fight. We recommend this book to kids who have little brothers or sisters and starting third grade. We also recommend this book for any principals. It will make them laugh.
My 5 year old reader gave this book a 98% and would like more in the series is there was one.
Erin- SeRiAL Book Reader Whittenberger
Such a cute book! My daughter was bummed when it was over
Jul 12, 2009 Sheri rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Shauna Leggat
Recommended to Sheri by: librarian
This is an easy reader for paragraph reading for children to read themselves by Random House. I was looking for some books for the start of third grade to read with or to my students but this is more of a read to themselves book. Starts out with a problem and has the magic of three events or problems to overcome but the solution is not brought about by the main character. Does help me see how to set up a children's book from start to finish. Print is large and every other page amount of pictures ...more
Bianca Altamirano
i read this first in second grade, and it was pretty amusing then. Over the years, it gets a bit more boring, but that's probably because it's meant for younger kids. Just in case you didn't get it, i recommend this beginner's chapter book for the younger age group.
This book is about a brother who has his younger brother start school and the embarrassment the little brother causes the big brother. This is a good book to read to second or third graders because in my placement almost of them have siblings so they could relate to.
Marie marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Jasmine is currently reading it
Sep 15, 2015
L Opher
L Opher marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Amaal marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Megan Kegerries-Buzard
Megan Kegerries-Buzard marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
JVigil marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Tammie Thorpe-Wiggins
Tammie Thorpe-Wiggins marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Jessica marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Wendy added it
Aug 16, 2015
Ip marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Danielle is currently reading it
Aug 06, 2015
Emma Anderson
Emma Anderson marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Jason Burrell
Jason Burrell marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Yvonne added it
Jul 27, 2015
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Catherine (Cathy) Hapka has written more than one hundred books for children and adults, as a ghostwriter for series as well as original titles, including the Romantic Comedies Something Borrowed, The Twelve Date of Christmas, and Love on Cue. She lives in Pennsylvania.
More about Catherine Hapka...
Something Borrowed Love on Cue At First Sight Pardon My French The Twelve Dates of Christmas (Simon Romantic Comedies)