Full Blast

Full Blast (Full #4)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  8,944 ratings  ·  188 reviews
turn up the heat and slip into something comfortable…

There’s never a dull moment for the residents of Beaumont, South Carolina. Lately, a heat wave’s spiked the mercury—and everyone’s sex drive. When newspaper owner Jamie Swift runs into millionaire playboy Max Holt, it’s all she can do not to tear his clothes off—and the feeling is mutual. But trouble seems to follow Max...more
Published January 28th 2014 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published April 2004)

Fun light reads. Good stuff. I like the characters in these books and I think this series is the better of the non-Plum books. Read the number books first and then stray on over to these once you get a taste for the wonder and wackiness that is Janet Evanovich.
Kari Anderson
The Full Box is a four-book audio set. I previously listened to and reviewed Full House here on KariAnnAlysis. It was one of the first audio books I listened to. I’ll always turn to Janet Evanovich when I need a good, light read. That’s why I was thrilled when I found the rest of this series in a complete box.

Here’s a short synopsis of each book:

Full Tilt: Jamie Swift’s newspaper is running on fumes. If something doesn’t turn around soon, she will have to stop the presses. Her silent partner Max...more
Wendy
I'm most fond of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum mysteries and usually the "Full" series falls a bit short. This 4th installment, however, comes close with the quirky characters you grow so attached to, that Janet Evanovich is famous for.

So far, Full Blast is the funniest and steamiest in the series. There's certainly a couple parts you want to be sure to read by yourself, if you're prone to blushing!

A steamy romance, over-the-top characters, a car that costs 2 Million and has a talking compute...more
Tiffunee
Fun read. . I love the characters in these books almost as more as the Plum books. Janet Evanovich is easily one of my favorite writers. She makes me laugh with her character hijinks and romance.

Full Blast does not disappoint. Holt, Jamie and Max have to battle raging hormones, a heat wave, a murderous villain, and non-stop attraction for each other in a novel where it’s not just the air conditioners going full blast!

Cindy
I like the story development between Max and Jamie. The plot line in this one is a little far-fetched, but still it's fun.

This has Jamie and Max chasing after a killer that has targeted women answering a personal ad from Jamie's newspaper. There's lots of fun and quirky situations.
Jaime
This was another fun quick Evanovich read. The mystery here is closer to home than in the previous book, and it looks like Max and Jamie might actually be getting more serious. Not a lot of substance here, but enough fun to keep me reading!
Jaime
I enjoyed the 4th in this "Full" series by Evanovich. Max Holt is sexy as always and the mystery the town was facing grabbed my attention. It was a quick read and I liked seeing the relationship between Max and Jamie Swift develop.
Rebecca
Not as funny as she can be, and I think I would have liked it better had I read it. I didn't like the voices the reader used. I would have used different ones in my head.

Ok, that made me sound a little weird. :)
Shauna Freeman
A fun and easy story with interesting characters and an ice cream eating dog. I liked the mystery aspect of it and really had no clue who the killer was which kept it from being predictable (which I find many of her other books). The multi-million dollar car with a Marilyn Monroe voice bothered me a tad bit. Sometimes I feel when things like this get introduced into books it's a bit of a cop out because typically things like that don't exist in real life and we have to find information on our ow...more
Sarai
Tara
Another day another Evanovich book. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I don't feel the zing between Max & Jamie. I want to. But it seems she thought she was in love with her fiance when she met Max, but then she decided she liked Max more, but not really because she didn't trust him completely. And she is obsessed with her job (much like Stephanie Plum) making constant stupid choices that put her safety at risk to accomplish them. Maybe it's the character's themselves. They seem a littl...more
Anastasia
This was my first time reading a romance by the Evanovich/Hughes duo and it was okay, hence the Goodreads 2-star rating (2 stars = it was okay). There were some entertaining aspects that made me smile and there were some blah parts that made it hard to get through.

Max is definitely my favorite aspect of of the book. I'll admit, he seems a bit unrealistic - a little TOO perfect with his uber richness, his computerized car with a personality, his private jet, etc... But he comes across as a genui...more
Erin
Well gee...where do I begin with this book? I liked it, probably because I like murder mysteries even if this wasn't the best one, because it's a rom com murder mystery, like its predecessors. And I usually enjoy the rom com parts too, but this one simultaneously intrigued and annoyed me. You know when a romance has been dragged out too long that by the time the couple gets together you shout "Finally!"? Yeah, this book did not elicit that reaction. I believe it was more along the lines of "What...more
Elizabeth Noah Astle
Darla Stokes

First, a public service announcement: this is not a Stephanie Plum book. I figured I should post that right up front, since a good half of the reviewers on Amazon couldn't seem to grasp the concept. Okay, rant over. Deep breath.

This is the fourth in the series about Jamie Swift and Max Holt. Jamie runs a small-town newspaper and has just started a personals column. Then she's approached by a psychic named Destiny who's new to town, offering to write a psychic advice column for free. But before s...more
Louise
Another amazing Evanovich novel!!

From back cover:
"There's never a dull moment for the residents of Beaumont, South Carolina. Lately, a heat wave's spiked the mercury and everyone's sex drive! These days, when Jamie runs into Max, it's all she can do not to tear his clothes off and the feeling is mutual.

But trouble seems to follow Max like moths to a flame, and Jamie suspects he's all wrong for her. Meanwhile, the lingerie shop is having a sale on edible underwear, while the bakery's selling aphr...more
Courtnie
This book promised 'Fireworks', thanks to Destiny Moultrie, the new psychic in town and advice columnist. Unfortunately, we were left with a bunch of burning duds and one little 'pop'.

I think this series boils down to this - the writing is overall sub-par. There is potential, and even likable characters but little effort is made to really develope them and therefore the dialogue, and therefore story, is pretty flat. I keep reading the books in this series hoping to really get there, but I'm dis...more
Lynn
This is a fun light read with quirky romance, fun characters, and a few mysterious twists. I found this book in the FREE box at the public library and it was definitely what I needed at the moment but it doesn't have to stay in my permanent collection and that is okay. If you have a weekend with not much to do but sit in front of the wood-stove and sip tea (or something else!) then this is the book for you! All the zaniness you expect from Janet Evanovich: a lingerie store owned by the former li...more
Maria
I don't know what I was expecting but this turned out to be a light easy read. Interesting characters, good flow to the story. Nice to know she can do more than the Stephanie novels.
Amy (amyb2332)
I've read this whole series very out of order but this is my 5th of the "Full" books. This is pretty easily my favorite. I liked that it was set in Jamie's home town instead of away like Full Speed. I liked that it involved more of Jamie and Max's relationship instead of Full Tilt. And I liked the mystery part.

Still I don't like these books as much as the Stephanie Plum books. I don't think they are nearly as funny, and I find something really cheesy about these characters that I don't really fe...more
Sandy
This book is starting to show some of Evanovich telltale signs: the .38 Smith & Wesson, a dog with funny personality traits, lots of wisecracking, a Grandma Mazur-like character (Vera Bankhead) and an action-packed (sometimes dangerous) adventure. This was a very fast read for me but I wish it were funnier, like the Stephanie Plum series. I loved the ending though - it was very cute which had me smiling. This book feels like a romantic comedy with some suspense parts. I wouldn't recommend it...more
Patty
Apr 15, 2014 Patty is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Janet Evanovich is always entertaining.
Julianne
Another Janet Evanovich romp! Jamie and Max, his $2 million car, a couple of vintage Mustangs, some dogs with personality disorders, and who is going to get the newspaper out on time? Enter "The Divine Love Goddess Advisor" wanting to write an advice column, a personals column gone berserk and the police out in their new summer uniforms. Plus the wrestlers are in town and the mayor's wife is pregnant. A murder, a psychic -- what's not to love? It's something for everyone, and you just have to ha...more
Melanie
My favorite of this series.
Kay
Very good character development is continued with a good plot with a twist. Fun read.
Cassandra Smith
I thought that this was a book to defiantly expect from Janet Evanovich. But it did not leave much of a mystery. The whole time I had it figured out and that was sad to me!
Judy Collins
Loved it! Be sure and read this one before Full Bloom. There’s never a dull moment for the residents of Beaumont, South Carolina. Lately, a heat wave’s spiked the mercury– and everyone’s sex drive! These days, when Jamie runs into Max, it’s all she can do not to tear his clothes off– and the feeling is mutual. But trouble seems to follow Max like moths to a flame, and Jamie suspects he’s all wrong for her. You will fall in love with the funny characters..always set for Drama!
Avigail
this book is a book that goes fast, mostly because the book is full of interesting dialogue and it moves quickly. The chracters were, for the most part, wacky and intriguing and kept my interest.I laughed occasionally, but this was another book that was hard to put down.If you are looking for steamy romance with a little intrigue and a lot of humor you will not be disappointed.They are very light reading, but enjoyable. A great summertime/beach book when you want to laugh.
Gina
A little series by Janet Evanovich in collaboration with Charlotte Hughes. Full Blast is actually the 4th book, I started in the middle.

The stories are short and cute, although female characters with "betty boop" voices just drive me nuts. Real-life women with little girl voices do too.

Anyway, Max and Jaime go through another adventure together while still dancing around the "will they/won't they" question. A fun book.
TheIron Paw
Like all of Janet Evanovich's books - a light read. However this was not up to the standard of the other "Full..." series (and not even close to the Stephanie Plum series). It's really more of a romance "bodice ripper" with a bit of a thriller thrown in as an afterthough. I wouldn't particularly recommend it unless you find a copy left in an airport waiting area and you just finished your last novel.
Join in the discussions! 1 7 Apr 30, 2009 01:33PM
  • Nutcase (Crazy, #2)
  • Bubbles Ablaze (Bubbles Yablonsky, #3)
  • Sofie Metropolis (Sofie Metropolis, #1)
  • Perfectly Plum: Unauthorized Essays On the Life, Loves And Other Disasters of Stephanie Plum, Trenton Bounty Hunter
  • The Plot Thickens
  • Getting Rid of Bradley
  • Wild Jinx (Cajun, #7)
  • 4 Bodies and a Funeral (Body Movers, #4)
  • Hot Item (Hot Zone, #3)
  • Tempt Me If You Can (Sinclair Brothers, #2)
  • Flirting with Disaster (The DeMarco Family, #3)
  • I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online (Domestic Equalizers Book 3)
  • Killer Pancake (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #5)
More about Janet Evanovich...
One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2) Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3) Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4) Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)