Start by marking “Thinfluence: Use the Power of Your Relationships and Environment to Get and Stay Thin for Life” as Want to Read:

Published May 13th 2014 by Rodale Books (first published May 6th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Thinfluence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thinfluence

Online Eccentric Librarian
May 14, 2014 Online Eccentric Librarian rated it really liked it

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

Thinfluence should not be considered a stand alone diet book; rather, this is a an excellent supplement/resource to any diet or lifestyle change program you follow to help increase your ability to lose weight and eat healthier. What this book does that I haven't seen any other do is to tackle the outside social influences that inhibit or make much more difficult the ability to eat healthier. I've read diet books about ca
Megz
May 21, 2014 Megz rated it liked it
I am not prone to reading health books. In fact, Thinfluence was the first “diet” book that I have ever read, although one can’t strictly call it a diet book. I decided to read it because the authors seem to have some clout, unlike some other “health fundis”.

Essentially, more than addressing eating plans, Thinfluence addresses the influences that affect our dietary health. I am not certain that it is a new concept entirely, but it is worded and conceptualized in a better fashion than ever before
GONZA
Jan 11, 2014 GONZA rated it liked it
Interesting version of a diet that does not provide menu, but rather establishing a set of strategic relationships with the environment that surrounds the person who wants to lose weight; the question that the author arises is quite effective: in which way the environment that surrounds us affects our eating habits and how our incapacity to maintain a healthy balanced diet. New point of view for the same old problem of nutrition education.

Versione interessante di una dieta che non prevede menú,
Katarina
Jun 14, 2014 Katarina rated it it was amazing
Very interesting to read, full of great information, which seems so obvious when you read it, but not anything I've ever really thought about. But now that I have read it, it makes so much sense that my family, friends, co-workers, and my home or other environments have an effect on me, my mood, my perception, my habits, esp eating habits, and the amount of exercise I get.

The book is structured in such a way that each chapter deals with one influencer on your life, but each chapter builds on pre
Kristin Traylor
Dec 16, 2014 Kristin Traylor rated it liked it
A useful book for discovering all the ways we are influenced to choose our foods and exercise habits. Using research that finds people have similar weight, food choices, and exercise patterns to those around them, Thinfluence used a model of 'circles of influence', it describes how home, friends, neighborhood, work environment, media, and public policy all contribute to creating our health habits. It helps you take stock, be aware, and find options, to get to where you want to be.
Nancy
Dec 08, 2014 Nancy rated it really liked it
There's some really good information in this book and one of the better things it does is truly point out the fact that it takes more than will power and exercise to lose weight. If you're interested in pursuing this--and if you live in Fort Wayne--let me know. I see a good group developing around this book.
Charity
Charity rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2014
Carey Grieves
Carey Grieves rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2014
Angie Bardin
Angie Bardin rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2014
Mathias Aeschlimann
Sep 01, 2014 Mathias Aeschlimann rated it did not like it
fascist blabla
Viktoria
Viktoria rated it did not like it
Oct 17, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2015
Susanb
Susanb rated it it was ok
May 07, 2016
Margaret
Margaret rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2014
John
John rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Sabreena
Sabreena rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2013
Nupur
Nupur rated it it was ok
Mar 25, 2015
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Raquel
Raquel rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2014
karen hogan
karen hogan rated it it was ok
Oct 30, 2014
Sara Goldenberg
Sara Goldenberg rated it it was ok
May 29, 2016
Renae
Renae rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2014
Deborah Wagner
Deborah Wagner rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2014
Vaibhav Chidrewar
Vaibhav Chidrewar rated it it was ok
Oct 17, 2014
Write Whine
Write Whine rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2015
M
M rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2014
Doug
Doug rated it did not like it
Jun 08, 2014
JJ Leno
JJ Leno rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Cheriecrosby
Cheriecrosby rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2014