Start by marking “The Cold Glass Star” as Want to Read:
The Cold Glass Star

The Cold Glass Star

Set in Roseburn, a small isolated town in the Highlands of Scotland, thirty-something Andrew Armstrong, known as Ae to his friends, lives in a flat on Main Street. After being made redundant, his girlfriend leaves, and he exists by night, retreating into music, drinking, ranting, painting (badly) and walking his neighbour's dog.
A blackly comic odyssey, the story tracks one
Kindle Edition, 1st, 312 pages
Published January 6th 2013 by Self

To ask other readers questions about The Cold Glass Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cold Glass Star

John Houston
Jan 19, 2016 John Houston rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Set in the small Scottish town of Roseburn - known to me only for its whisky- we engage with the main character "Ae" as he is coming to terms with depression. A number of intertwined and connected events help him to come out of his dark place, rediscovering what he values in life while while at the same time involving him help sleuth and solve a serious crime syndicate.

John Scott has totally won me over! I loved his writing style (maybe wrong to compare but I felt it was reminiscent of William M
John Scott
Jun 09, 2013 John Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Set in a small isolated town in the Highlands of Scotland. We engage with the main character "Ae" as he is coming to terms with depression. A number of intertwined and connected events help him to come out of his dark place, rediscovering what he values in life while at the same time involving him help sleuth and solve a serious crime syndicate.
A blackly comic odyssey, the story tracks one man's confidence being rebuilt while his dogged inquisitiveness leads him on a journey, from witnessing an
Lynden Carter
Lynden Carter rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2015
Ian Chapman
Ian Chapman rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2015
Jane
Jane rated it it was ok
Aug 17, 2014
Stephen Robertson
Stephen Robertson marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Writing Career.
I’ve always kept notebooks of poetry, film ideas, book ideas etc. since I was at school.
An art college graduate in 1984, I’ve had a mixed career in advertising, design and publishing.
From 2000 to 2005 I was a Production Editor for a Highlands-based publishing company, working with the design, typesetting and editing of books.
I started writing seriously in January 2005, entering in t
More about John Alexander Scott...