Start by marking “Sabotage at Willow Woods (Nancy Drew Diaries #5)” as Want to Read:
Sabotage at Willow Woods (Nancy Drew Diaries #5)

Sabotage at Willow Woods (Nancy Drew Diaries #5)

Nancy and her friends hit the campaign trail in search of a political trickster in this fifth book of the Nancy Drew Diaries, a fresh approach to a classic series.

Who knew a new sports field could cause so much drama? That’s what Nancy, Bess, and George are investigating. Ever since George’s cousin Carrie Kim announced her candidacy for city council, along with her platfor
Published January 7th 2014 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Sabotage at Willow Woods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sabotage at Willow Woods

Angela
Sep 25, 2014 Angela rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: No one. There are better books for kids. Let's be real.
What do the title and cover art have to do with the actual story?

Nothing, that's what. You can't convince me otherwise.

Also, this is a mediocre children's book in a mediocre children's series that, in all honesty, isn't even as good as the series it's, at this point, meant to both emulate and replace (aka Girl Detective).

I could go into why, but that would be boring. Let's just say that one of the main problems could have been nipped in the bud if Nancy had actually communicated with the 'victi
Rosa Cline
Again this was a nice Nancy Drew book; kept my attention through the story. It was more for young adults than the others are for; as it was centered around younger people than Nancy (and she's a young college age girl) Figuring out 'who did it' was fun; wasn't super hard but still got your mind to thinking. And yes, you probably could read this without having read the others and won't be lost.
Rosa Cline
Ashlee Telschow
Jun 13, 2016 Ashlee Telschow rated it liked it
Sarah Crawford
Jan 18, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
George's cousin is running for City Council of a town and Nancy and the others go to visit her. There's a major division of feeling in the town about her. She wants to build a new stadium for the athletes at the high school (and this is partially due to her going to the same high school and being an athlete herself.)

The other group is a strong eco-oriented group that strongly protests the building of the stadium. They say that the athletes get everything but people ignore the non-athletes such
Jakub
Jan 29, 2016 Jakub rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Angie
Apr 14, 2015 Angie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, middle-grade
I haven't read a Nancy Drew book since I was in elementary school and I am not sure they have improved with age. This is the fifth book in the Nancy Drew Diaries series. Nancy is in high school and has two best friends, George and Bess. George's cousin Carrie Kim is running for city council on a platform of a new sports complex for the neighboring high school. Someone doesn't want her to build the complex though and starts sending her threatening notes. Nancy goes undercover at the high school ...more
Beth Sorrell
Oct 31, 2016 Beth Sorrell rated it really liked it
This book was yet another great mystery to read during the summer. I always enjoy the great mysteries that Carolyn Keene writes. They always get me in that intrigued mood.
In this Nancy Drew mystery Nancy and her friends try to figure the mystery of the sabotage of the election debate in the main town that the girls live in.
I would always give these books that give suspense to the reader, to the mystery lovers out there.
Holli
Mar 17, 2015 Holli rated it liked it
Well, huge improvement from The Magician's Secret. Writing was much better and more consistent with Nancy's character. I guess I just didn't care much for the subject matter. I think it lacked the "spookiness" factor. What is Nancy Drew without the creepiness? I want to feel a litle bit afraid. I want to wonder just what is around the corner and how much trouble Nancy is going to get into while I sit safe in my fav reading chair.
Overall a pretty solid read.
Samma
Jan 03, 2015 Samma rated it liked it
This was the book where I started to realize that these aren't very aptly titled. There is no "sabotage" -at- Willow Woods. There is some controversy stemming from it's destruction, but honestly I don't think the kids ever even step FOOT in Willow Woods.

Other than that: all of my previous statements about this series stand. They are too written down for the ages that Nancy, Ned, Bess, and George are supposed to be. It feels like I'm only getting half a story.
Christopher
Aug 11, 2016 Christopher rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emma
Aug 02, 2014 Emma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it although I am not into Politics! I have been in the mood to read mystery and this definitely put me in the good mood! I also like that this book had ups and downs and it wasn't all just mystery. If you know what I mean!! Overall I think Carolyn Keene did a wonderful job on this Nancy Drew diaries book!!
Amara the Adorable
Mar 14, 2014 Amara the Adorable rated it it was amazing
This is a book that leaves you at the edge of your seat, what will happen next? Your going to have this book and the next one to find out!
Eric Wood
Mar 20, 2015 Eric Wood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book was excellent!It is filled with humor and suspense! readers will eagerly read this book to find out who did it! Best book yet in the series!
Laura Mejia
It is a nice book. It is the first I read from the new Nancy Drew series, I still prefer the old one. I like that it had an environmental topic.
Celeste
Nov 28, 2014 Celeste rated it it was amazing
It is about how They want to cut down the woods to make a bigger foot ball filed and some one does not like it and is doing vary mean things.
Libranook
Libranook rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Jessica Robinson
Jessica Robinson rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2014
Grace
May 18, 2016 Grace rated it really liked it
It was very good! I didn't even suspect the villain until they revealed who it was!
Trinette
Trinette rated it did not like it
Apr 11, 2015
N.C. Patterson
N.C. Patterson rated it liked it
May 24, 2015
Cat
Cat rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2016
ayelet01
ayelet01 rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2014
Erin Ruis
Erin Ruis rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2016
Julianne Lim
Julianne Lim rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Chantelle Wheeler
Chantelle Wheeler rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Nikki
Nikki rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Marina
Marina rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2015
Rebeccadanielle
Rebeccadanielle rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Isabella
Isabella rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Nancy Drew Diaries Books 5 and 6 8 24 Jan 16, 2014 08:55AM
  • A New Chapter (Secrets of Mary's Bookshop, #1)
  • Protecting Her Own (Guardians, Inc., #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaoh (Agatha, Girl of Mystery #1)
  • No Place Like Holmes (No Place Like Holmes, #1)
  • Cuts Like a Knife (Kristen Conner Mystery #1)
  • A Promise to Protect (Men of Valor #1)
  • Ends of the Earth (Bug Man, #5)
  • The Reluctant Matador (Hugo Marston, #5)
  • Love You Madly (Daytime Mystery, #3)
  • Dark Justice
  • The Disoriented Express (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #10)
  • A Stitch in Crime (Crochet Mystery, #4)
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Liking Herself, Even on the Bad Days: The Secrets to Trusting Yourself, Being Your Best & Never Letting the Bad Days Bring You Down
  • Nanny Piggins and the Runaway Lion
  • Forensics and Fiction: Clever, Intriguing, and Downright Odd Questions from Crime Writers
  • Killer Riff (Molly Forrester Mystery, #4)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...

Nancy Drew Diaries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Curse of the Arctic Star (Nancy Drew Diaries #1)
  • Strangers on a Train (Nancy Drew Diaries #2)
  • Mystery of the Midnight Rider (Nancy Drew Diaries #3)
  • Once Upon a Thriller (Nancy Drew Diaries #4)
  • Secret at Mystic Lake (Nancy Drew Diaries #6)
  • The Phantom of Nantucket (Nancy Drew Diaries #7)
  • The Magician's Secret (Nancy Drew Diaries #8)
  • The Clue at Black Creek Farm (Nancy Drew Diaries #9)
  • A Script for Danger (Nancy Drew Diaries #10)
  • The Red Slippers (Nancy Drew Diaries #11)