Start by marking “The Isle of Illusion (Deltora Shadowlands, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Isle of Illusion (Deltora Shadowlands, #2)

The Isle of Illusion (Deltora Shadowlands #2)

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,777 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Lief, Barda, and Jasmine are desperately searching for the three parts of the fabled Pirran Pipe, their only hope of saving the thousands of Deltorans held captive by the evil Shadow Lord. As their loved ones left behind in Del struggle in a thickening web of rumor, suspicion, and treachery, the companions move on to the mysterious island of Auron. They have been warned th
Published 2003 (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Isle of Illusion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Isle of Illusion

82i.love.beirut
Mar 15, 2009 82i.love.beirut rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Isle of Illusion was written by Emily Rodda, and it was the second book to Deltora Shadowlands. Leif had brought a wife from Tora to Deltora, but it was a secret. Her name was Marilen. In the book, they also found the Deltora Annuals which lies a map to find the hidden secrets and stories of the Pirran Pipe. Leif left to find the second part of the Pirran Pipe in Auron with Jasmine and Barda. They fought with Arachs to achieve their goal, and they succeeded. Now their next goal was to find t ...more
Sarah Eagle
There weren't as many puzzles in this one as I would have liked to see, and I felt the solution to finding the next Pipe piece was a bit rushed, but this series is much, much darker than either of the other two series that come before and after it. I like that Rodda took risks, that she illustrated just how evil and just how cunning The Shadowlord is. She spared no expense making sure that the reader never forgot how dangerous and vile his work is, how far-reaching and calculated his plans are.
M
Miss Clark
Nov 30, 2009 Miss Clark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children aged 6 - 12
Recommended to Miss Clark by: L.N.M.
Frank
Mar 23, 2012 Frank rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second of the three adventures is completed in this book. But it also is building on secrets still not revealed. This book doesn't let down one bit from all the others that has lead to this point. And again the three companions work together to face incredible challenges to find the second of three parts of the magical pipe. Giant monsters and a strange people move them closer but to what....death?But the book also deals with what is happening back at the castle and the attempts of the Shado ...more
Shiann
Aug 18, 2015 Shiann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books are surprisingly good, they are sort of like Lord of the Rings for grade schoolers. And by that I mean the story line is a little more simplified and easier to read. I happened to pick these up at my libraries book sale, because the covers are really unique, so far I'm not disappointed. They're also really helpful in catching me up on my reading challege. Looking forward to finishing up this series and moving onto the other series called Dragons of Deltora.
Kateřina Vaňková
Prozatím asi nejslabší kniha z Deltory. Nevím, sice se mi líbí nápad podzemní země, ale nějak extra mě tento díl neuchvátil. Jediné, co stálo za to, bylo asi dění v Del.
William
THE ISLE OF ILLUSION is the third book in the DELTORA SHADOWLANDS series. In this book Leif, Barda, and Jasmine venture to the island of Auron seeking the stem of the Pirran Pipe. On the way he will make new friends, new enemies, and learn of new monsters. I would recomend this book to anyone who likes adventure stories and fantasies. I liked this book a lot. This book has 146 pages.

- William S.
Devon
Jul 20, 2008 Devon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: deltora-quest
2nd book in this saga. they need to get the 3rd of three parts of the pirran pipe. They had the first in the beginning, and another character that came along had the 2nd piece in the first book, he died, and are now trying to get the last piece, but they have alot of evil on there hands.
Marchel
Jan 28, 2011 Marchel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tejemahannya kapan-kapan yah.

Ini cerita Lief, Barda, n Jasmine dalam rangka pencarian Seruling Pirra untuk membebaskan rakyat Deltora yang ditawan di Negeri Bayangan.

Setelah melewati mulut gua cahaya temaram, mereka sampai di gua yang dindingnya memantulkan cahaya pelangi.
Johnny Bennett
This one took so long to get from the library it took a while for me to remember what was happening in the series. Once I got into it, I enjoyed it quite a bit. These are not deep thinking books but fun light reading.
Ahmad Sharabiani
بعد از آمدن ارباب سایه ها وقتی سه قبیله پیرا از سرزمین آبا و اجدادی خود فرار کردند، به جزیره هایی در دریایی زیرزمینی پناه بردند، جزیره ی آرون ها به خوبی از جزیره های پلوم ها و کراس ها جدا شده بود
Ashley kreger
Jan 20, 2011 Ashley kreger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this one was very acknowledging it shows that you should learn to get along and agree or there will me great consequences for your actions it was a very good book and i greatly enjoyed it
Moriah
Dec 12, 2014 Moriah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't enjoy the changing perspectives. But it kept my attention! Also, who the heck yells, "Beware!" when there is danger ahead? Haha!! I thought that was kind of odd. ^^''
Mstmoments
May 11, 2012 Mstmoments rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is captivating in its narrative imagery. Difficult to put down and raced off to read the next one in the series. I couldn't put them down until I read them all!
Maddy
May 08, 2012 Maddy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. Emily Rodda is a truely talented wrtier and reading the story for the second time makes it even more exciting than the first time, especially when I read at night.
Jenny
Jun 13, 2010 Jenny rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked this series more than I did the rest of her Deltora books. Her style of writing seemed to do better in these books than in the Quest and the Dragons series.
Lu
Aug 30, 2013 Lu rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I rather disliked how the author incorporated the title. HOwever I do have to admit she did it quite well.
Sheralyn
Sep 10, 2008 Sheralyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clean-youth
This is a continuation of the deltora series. Once started I could not stop.
Lilli C.
May 12, 2013 Lilli C. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scarey, but totally awesome. Finished series 2, march on to series three!!!!!
John Gentry
Jan 10, 2012 John Gentry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
great characters, great story, overall a quick easy entertaining read.
Rachel (Sfogs)
A Good book, well written and very well thought out.
Roshni
Nov 05, 2010 Roshni rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Boring cliche fantasy book, nothing special at all
Michaela
Simple book for little children who start reading fantasy.
enjoi
Jan 09, 2009 enjoi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-shelf
its was te best of the series i think
Oct 11, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the plot in this one ^^
Michael
Apr 16, 2009 Michael rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Mabey the next one will be better.
Zeek
Dec 17, 2009 Zeek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would actuially rate it 4.5
Angela Barakat
I read this with my son.
Hanna
Oct 12, 2008 Hanna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
No Comment
  • The Book from Baden Dark
  • The Elves and the Otterskin (World of the Alfar, #2)
  • Buckskin Bandit (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #8)
  • Secrets of the Scepter (Unicorns of Balinor, #6)
  • The Legend Begins (Little Fur, #1)
  • Silver Thread (The Unicorn's Secret, #2)
  • The Kindaichi Case Files, Vol. 11: Kindaichi The Killer: Part 2
  • Amy's Journal (Heartland Special Edition)
  • Astro Boy, Vol. 3 (Astro Boy, #3)
  • The Secret of Cliff Castle (Adventure)
Emily Rodda (real name Jennifer Rowe) was born in Sydney, Australia and graduated from the University of Sydney in 1973 with an MA (Hons) in English Literature. Moving into a publishing career, first as a book editor, and finally as a publisher at Angus & Robertson, Rodda's first book was published in 1984.
More about Emily Rodda...

Deltora Shadowlands (3 books)
  • The Cavern of the Fear (Deltora Shadowlands, #1)
  • The Shadowlands (Deltora Shadowlands, #3)