Start by marking “Lick (Stage Dive, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lick (Stage Dive, #1)

Lick (Stage Dive #1)

4.16  ·  Rating Details ·  59,840 Ratings  ·  5,074 Reviews
Waking up in Vegas was never meant to be like this.

Evelyn Thomas's plans for celebrating her twenty-first birthday in Las Vegas were big. Huge. But she sure as hell never meant to wake up on the bathroom floor with a hangover to rival the black plague, a very attractive half-naked tattooed man, and a diamond on her finger large enough to scare King Kong. Now if she could j
Published July 1st 2013 by Momentum (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Lick, please sign up.

Avid There's a part in the novel when they're in Monterey, and David gets his mojo back. He's recording new stuff for the first time in years thanks to…moreThere's a part in the novel when they're in Monterey, and David gets his mojo back. He's recording new stuff for the first time in years thanks to Eveyn's inspiration, and his friend tells him to "play that lick again". The moment is symbolic of his relationship with Evelyn. She doesn't remember meeting David or getting married and so they have to start over again.(less)
Heather This cover (the black background, the title in red print and the black and white image (noting this incase they do update it)) IS, in fact, the…moreThis cover (the black background, the title in red print and the black and white image (noting this incase they do update it)) IS, in fact, the original cover. The other one you're referring to (with the red background, title in white and the colorful image and tattoos) is the updated cover.(less)

Aestas Book Blog

"So congratulations. You're married to a rock star."

I'd been wishing for a new rock star book and this one hit the spot and rocked my world!!

Lick is an addictive blend of heart-warming passion and light-hearted fun. It's a story you can lose yourself in. The perfect rock star romance! 5 stars!

This book had one of the all-time best beginnings ever. I challenge anyone to try and stop reading after the first page!

Evelyn wakes up one morning with a killer hangover and painfully fuzzy memories
missEvi [can't commit to a book]
Things I’ve learnt from new-adult Bad Boys (BB)

1.BB never wears underwear under sexy jeans.

2. Only medium to zero confidence can attract a BB.

3. If you are a virgin, or almost, your chances to catch the eye of a BB, triple.

4. After some ruff patches, the BB is no longer a BB, but a SLP (sweet little poodle).

5. You will definitely hit it off with the best friend, who is a BB too, who will also become a SLP, probably in the next book.

6. The BB's bitchy-(but-sexier-than-you)-ex-girlfriend will
Lisa
Mar 28, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-reads

5 Stars!

“Love isn’t always smooth or straightforward. It can be messy and painful,” he said. “Doesn’t mean it isn’t still the most incredible thing that can ever happen to you.”

description

Lick by Kylie Scott is book one in her Stage Dive series. I went in knowing that there was a high likelihood that I would enjoy this book based on all the positive reviews out there. Boy, did I ever! This book was fantastic. Funny, heart-warming, sexy, romantic and packed full of sexy rockers with a penchant for melti
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
OMG!!5 HOT ROCK N ROLL STARS!!! :))
I FREAKING LOVE DAVID!!

"It was all a ruse
You're tricky,David Ferris."
"And you're funny Evelyn Thomas."

description

Evelyn have plans to do..
description

She goes to Vegas with her best friend for her birthday and what happens??
She wakes up In a hotel room with a hang over puking and there is a glorious hunk of a man staring at Her,then she finds a ring on her finger and she found out that she is married with a rock star!!

But she doesn't remember anything..

"Let me get this straight, yo
Kristen
4 to 4 1/2–I'm glad I gave this book a second chance–Stars

After my first failed attempt to read this book–explained in my original review below–I knew it would be a good idea to put it aside for awhile before giving it another try. Boy, am I glad I decided to give it another go. I loved this book! I loved the characters, the plot, and the love story. I ended this book with a huge smile on my face.

7/8/13 Revised Review

GOODNESS GRACIOUS! Did I ever put my foot in my mouth with my original review
Pearl Angeli
"You made sense to me. We make sense. We're a whole lot better together than apart."

4 Rock Stars!

This book was all I've ever needed in a rock star romance story. Lick was a sweet, fast moving, and guilty-pleasure book that was a pure joy to read.

description

The story began when Evelyn "Ev" Thomas woke up with a realization that she's married to the famous lead guitarist of Stage Dive band, David Ferris. She happened to forget the details on how she got married to him though, because apparently it was a
La-Lionne
I'm not sure what to say about this book. I didn't hate it, but didn't love it either. Since there were more things that I disliked than I liked, two stars is more than fair.

-WARNING SPOILERS-

The story had a solid beginning. After I read the first chapter I was very exited. I was sure it will be at least a 4 star read.
Ev wakes up one morning, in a hotel room in Vegas, with the biggest hangover of her life, a wedding ring on her finger and a tattoo with a name "David" on her ass, with no memory
Christy
4.5 Lickable Stars!!!

photo 30d285bf-e9c0-416b-93d1-9601e90cdd6b_zps020e7a2a.jpg

This was such a fun and sweet book! A really enjoyable read!

Going out for her 21st birthday, Evelyn wants to get a little wild, have a little fun. So she goes to Vegas with her best friend. The last thing she remembers is taking shots after midnight... the next morning she wakes up with a ring on her finger and a tattoo on her ass. And she can't remember a damn thing.

photo f5430136-1a83-4ff4-ba03-4e90439dd82d_zps46a0cf13.jpg

All I know is if I woke up married to this guy with a 5 carat rock on my finger, I would be asking NO QUE
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 Rock Gods, FanGirls & Messy, Sexy Love Stars

Love isn’t always smooth or straightforward. It can be messy and painful,” he said. “Doesn’t mean it isn’t still the most incredible thing that can ever happen to you. Doesn’t mean I’m not crazy about you.”

description

“Play that lick again, Dave.”

Lick: In rock music, a lick is "a stock pattern or phrase" consisting of a short series of notes that is used in solos and melodic lines.

Well, personally, I prefer the more literal meaning...

Hold me
Kiss me
LICK M
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

When Evelyn Thomas made plans to have an unforgettable night in Vegas for her 21st birthday, she had no clue that she would wake up the next morning Married to A stunning Rock God...David Ferris

But the problem is, Evelyn doesn't remember how it happened???

A shocked Evelyn thinks she's made the biggest mistake of her life because not only is she married, she has his name tattooed on her ass!!

Now what??

Divorce? Or get the marriage Annulled?

She tells her family who are not very impressed and are go
Lisa Jayne
Aug 03, 2013 Lisa Jayne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 DAVID FERRIS STARS

"so, congratulations. You're married to a rockstar."

description

Yes, yes, yes cinderella meets 'what happened in Vegas' meets a rockstar romance all combined to create the best kind of blissful book escape. 'Lick' was full of all kinds of treats, Rock God, famous beyond measure hero sweeps ordinary 21 year old off her feet in a whirl wind romance destined to be forever, did I love this book? You don't even need to ask, it had everything I loved tied up in a rock star package and as far
Emma Chase
Apr 07, 2015 Emma Chase rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Devoured the entire Stage Dive series in two days! Fun, fantastic, sexy and heartfelt - a definite reread :))))
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
DNF at 61 %. No official rating from moi. When I started reading Lick I said I wouldn't rate it IF I wouldn't like it. I keep my word although I must say it was no more than a two-star read. Review posted July 23, 2013

photo Bildschirmfoto2013-07-18um194751_zpsf0a2dd66.png

That's exactly what a lot of authors are doing these days and there is no need to beat around the bush. THAT'S. NOT. GOOD. ENOUGH. FOR. ME.

photo Bildschirmfoto2013-07-18um195036_zps40e7cc8e.png

The beginning was kinda cute, nothing mind-boggling, nothing amazingly good, but still. What I noticed right off the bat was the constant descr
Kellie Maddox-Ward
 photo marryhim_zps0713e402.jpg

Ok I’m going to try something completely different here.
Sometimes books remind you of certain songs, whether it be that a song is mentioned in the book I.e Angel in This Man. Mr Brightside in The Mighty Storm
Or sometimes things happen, emotions are explained and you think of certain songs…

I thought of a lot of songs while reading this…
So If this book was a musical I think it would go something like this…

Today, I woke up, thinking about Elvis somewhere in Vegas
I'm not sure how I got here
Or
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 02, 2013 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 ~ I Married a Rockstar ~ Stars

description

Lick (Stage Dive 1) was such a refreshingly done rockstar book. I haven’t read anything by this author but will be checking out her books because I really LOVED Kylie Scott’s writing style!

Kylie Scott can write inner dialogue like no one’s business. I laughed and smiled at how completely hilarious and clever she writes her characters, they seemed so real. To say I enjoy this breath of fresh air would be putting mildly!

This story grabs a reader from the first p
Jasmine
4 STARS!

Yet another impulsive read from me when I saw this book with a yummy cover at my bookstore and first thing I did was snapped a photo and messaged my lovely gurl, Rachel to see if she recc'd me this. Being the awesome friend she is who contributes to my wallet bleeding, she told me this book could cure my book hangover/slump and oh boy did I devour this one! It's been far too long since I read a rockstar romance read and jumping back into it, I realised how much I missed the fun smexy t
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

“Let me get this straight, you don’t remember anything?”

“No,” I said, swallowing hard. “What did we do last night?”

“We got fucking married.”

I nearly crapped myself when I realized what Lick (stupid title is seriously effing stupid) was about . . . .

commercial photography locations

Oh my glob how I love the woke up married to a stranger storyline. Then I found out the stranger in question was a sexy musician!!!!

commercial photography locations

BWAHAHAHAHA! Good luck getting that image out of your
Amy (Foxy)
*4.75 "Hi" Stars*

Mix together What Happens in Vegas, The Hangover and throw in a smoking hot Rock Star and you have this book.

Ev wakes up in Vegas after celebrating her 21st birthday and she can't remember a single thing about the night before. When she sees a strange man, David , in her room she ask him what happened last night.
"We got f*cking married."

SERIES:
Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott Play (Stage Dive, #2) by Kylie Scott Lead (Stage Dive, #3) by Kylie Scott Untitled (Stage Dive, #4) by Kylie Scott
Each book will feature a different band member.
Book 1 - David | Book 2 - Mal | Book 3 - Jimmy | Book 4 - ?
Smitten's Book Blog

Eeeeeeee. Love love love it. Soooo perfect. And adorable. And hot. And brilliant.

A fantastic rock star romance. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, right??? Wrong!

When you accidently get married to one of the biggest rock stars on the planet, the ring, the paparazzi, the legal papers and the hubby himself are all still there, even after you leave Vegas... even if you have absolutely no recollection of the whole thing!

Good, respectable, sensible, Portland girl, Evelyn Thomas might have been p
Ash Wednesday
Dec 04, 2013 Ash Wednesday rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone up for a mildly sexy read with fears of growing too attached to the characters
2 STARS
“Rough sex doesn’t fix everything. Sometimes you actually have to talk.”

As much as possible, I try to push myself as a reader, to read beyond comfort zones, expand horizons and challenge my imagination. I've yet to scratch the surface of these wonderful worlds, yet to have read and quoted every heart-wrenching dialogue crafted especially to gut me every imaginable way...

But sometimes, I just want to read some smut.

Not the funny, absurd kind with men who cums jarfuls of semen but the smu
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ Hearts Cole, Lucas, Jesse  & James ✝✝

OH MY OH MY I AM OFFICIALLY IN LOVE WITH DAVID FERRIS!!!!!!

photo i-have-just-met-you-and-i-love-you_1273.gif

photo NAyWq.gif

Straight to the point, My David

photo bac69e50a6d74bbc0914fa49ff911368.jpg

Waking in Vegas must be so interesting when this happens:
1. You wake up besides a hottie rockstar

photo c59baa48a0205c75f56d3b17c1da29e9.jpg

LOVE. I am in love with Evelyn and David. Lick has the perfect blen
~ Becs ~

4 amnesiac stars

I really enjoyed this opening book of the Stage Dive series from Kylie Scott – it’s charming, funny and deeply romantic full of well-rounded characters and a dynamic plot to keep you engaged right through to the very end.

Turns out, the old expression ‘What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas’ probably doesn’t apply if an Elvis impersonator is somehow involved.

"Let me get this straight, you don't remember anything?"
"No," I said, swallowing hard. "What did we do last night?"
"We

Donish Henry-Cole (BookItWithDon)
5 'Can I be your wife, David Ferris?' Stars!!!

“Everything I’d heard about Vegas was true. Bad things happened here, terrible things.”

I have honestly, been going through a rockstar love phase lately, and I love every minute of it! I am three gosh damn years too late on reading this book. I am in such an incredible mood because I was in a terrible book slump for weeks because of A Bloody Kingdom (HIGHLY RECOMMEND!). I tried so hard to find a book that I didn't start and just put it down becau
Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie

I need a rock star husband. Pronto.
Beware.

Yup, with all those steamy moments, it’s as easy as that.
David

Evelyn

If your looking for romance, steam, humor, and angst in a neatly wrapped and easy to read package, Lick is for you.

Ev has turned twenty-one and her friend, Lauren, has decided it’s time for her to let her hair down and forget about her “plan” for a few days.
That’s how she wakes up in Vegas hungover.
With a husband.
And a huge rock on her finger.
Oh, and don’t forget about the tattoo o
Mo
Jul 13, 2013 Mo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Liked it. Good story, nice characters. I seriously thought that being on holidays, I would have way more time to read and review. Too busy doing other things.... have my own Rock n Roll in the coming days/weeks with with concerts to see The Boss (more than once) and Glen Hansard.....

Rag
4 'Lick Me' Stars!

photo image_zpsozrua0fa.jpg

Imagine waking up in the morning with a hangover, really bad headache, feeling sick, sleeping on the bathroom, no memory, and on top of that married!
What would you do if you woke up, remembering nothing but taking shots at midnight and seeing a big ass ring on your finger?

Yup my friend, that's exactly what happened to Evelyn Thomas. All she ever wanted was to celebrate her twenty-first birthday in Las Vegas. But what she ended up with was a bad hung over, a tattoo on her ass
Alex is The Romance Fox
I LOVE ROCK STAR STORIES....it's so true...I CAN'T RESIST THEM...
 photo download3_zpsc12029ce.jpg

LICK may not be the most believable rock star story ever written, but nevertheless it was an enjoyable read.

The cover and title interested me…the rock star hero looked kind of dreamy, hot and sexy and I wondered what “lick” had to do with the story…..more about that later!!!!
and , yes, David is quite a dish photo images3_zpsbd3f12e7.jpg and believe me I would not mind being one of his “groupies”!!! and no….I found that “lick” meant nothing in the story!! Or d
Jamie
Oct 01, 2015 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I ended up really liking this one! I tried to read it back in 2013 but for some reason I just couldn't get though it... I kept saying I was going to try again one day.. and I did! I read it but also when I was driving I'd listen to the audio version.. cute story. Will definitely be reading the next one, Mal's story.

Edit April 2015// So many people love this series.. I think I need to give this one another shot soon.

July 2013 Moved to DNF list at 61%... just wasnt feeling it. Might come back to
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Four *LICKABLE* RockStar Stars

"Somehow he managed to turn his face enough to kiss my neck, lick the sweat from my skin."

Pure fantastical escapism, beyond the realms of likelihood but unbelievably I believed in everything the author wrote and LOVED it too!

LICK was absolutely what I NEEDED to read. It was light and breezy and LOTS & LOTS of FUN. It was LICKABLE!!!!!

I felt like I'd fallen into a daydream, a daydream about waking up to find I had married a beautiful, famous Rockstar who wo
Jen
All I could do was stare. Given my current condition, he was just too much. The hair, face. Body, ink, all of it. Someone needed to invent a word superlative enough to describe him.

When Evelyn wakes up on the floor of a Vegas hotel bathroom with the hangover from hell, the last thing she expects to hear from the hot but unfamiliar looking inked up hottie taking care of her is that they’re married. Say what? The poor girl can’t remember anything after tequila shots and this sexy stranger’s clai
YA Buddy Readers'...: Lick by Kylie Scott - Starting Date: September 15, 2016 15 17 Sep 21, 2016 06:02PM
A Million More Pages: 1 - Lick (Stage Dive): Oct 5 35 29 Oct 10, 2015 01:40AM
how erotic? 5 199 May 13, 2015 02:19PM
Is this book worth reading??? 113 615 May 08, 2015 11:59AM
Should I take a break?? Need Adice 8 145 Jan 06, 2015 11:50AM
Books like Lick 25 522 Nov 25, 2014 06:19AM
  • Get Bent (Hard Rock Roots, #2)
  • Beneath the Burn
  • The Rocker That Needs Me (The Rocker, #3)
  • Mogul (Groupie, #3)
  • Dear Rockstar (Dear Rockstar, #1)
  • Playing Patience (Blow Hole Boys, #1)
  • Shocking Heaven (Room 103, #1)
  • Who He Is (FireNine, #1)
  • Tracks (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • Louder Than Love (Love & Steel, #1)
  • Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)
  • Shine Not Burn (Shine Not Burn, #1)
  • Girl with Guitar (Kylie Ryans, #1)
  • Fighting for Flight (Fighting, #1)
  • Bullet (Bullet, #1)
  • Falling Stars (Falling Stars, #1)
  • Welcome to Sugartown (Sugartown, #1)
  • Heartstrings (Rock Star Romance, #1)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Australian Romance Writer.
More about Kylie Scott...

Stage Dive (4 books)
  • Play (Stage Dive, #2)
  • Lead (Stage Dive, #3)
  • Deep (Stage Dive, #4)

“Mal!"
"What?"
"Close the door down there and lock it," David yelled. "Don't you come up here under any circumstances. Not till I tell you it's okay. Understood?"
There was a pause then Mal yelled back. "What if there's a fire?"
"Burn.”
295 likes
“Love isn’t always smooth or straightforward. It can be messy and painful … Doesn’t mean it isn’t still the most incredible thing that can ever happen to you.” 224 likes