Start by marking “Wonder Women” as Want to Read:
Wonder Women

Wonder Women (Wonder Women #1)

Jo has always dreamed of starting her own business, but the arrival of her two gorgeous toddlers has put her ambition on the backburner. Then she hits on a brilliant idea – a kids’ clothing shop with a twist – and is thrilled when it really takes off. When husband Lee offers to quit his job to look after the family while her business grows, it seems a godsend – but will th ...more
Published June 20th 2013 by Quercus (first published March 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Wonder Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wonder Women

kat ♥
Considering I was tempted to stop reading this at least three times I'm glad I powered through as it was a really lovely book!

Easy ready at some point and the characters - especially Holly I really liked! :-)
Shaz Goodwin
Dec 03, 2013 Shaz Goodwin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Jo’s character from the very beginning … when we find out ‘she often had dream ideas that woke her with their brilliance’. Jungletown is one such idea. Sharing with Lee, she doesn’t think he’s interested and takes herself off to the garden to sulk but when she returns, he’s done a series of drawings. We’re then taken back to ‘then’ and find out their backstory (very romantic!)

It’s obvious where Holly fits into the shop when we find out that in Johannesburg, she started her clothes busine
Megan Readinginthesunshine
Jun 26, 2013 Megan Readinginthesunshine rated it it was amazing
I was very excited about Wonder Women. I had not read anything before by Rosie Fiore but I had heard amazing things about her other book, Babies In Waiting, and so I was very keen to try out one of her novels.

I really loved this book, it was such a joy to read! I became so involved in the story instantly and enjoyed every single page. There was never a dull moment, never a point where I wanted to put the book down and I was constantly interested and intrigued in what was happening.

The women in t
Lizzie
Apr 14, 2013 Lizzie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book! Each character had real life challenges to overcome and I enjoyed facing these with each of them. I would recommend this to anyone and can't wait for Rosie Fiore's next book!
Leah
When I put a Tweet on Twitter asking for novels with stronger roles models (after seeing one too many Chick Lit characters running back to vile exes) Rosie Fiore replied telling me that in her new novel Wonder Women, all of her women were strong women. Women who didn’t let a man define them. I was thrilled. I loved the sound of Wonder Women and I was chuffed to be offered a copy to review, and I started the novel full of glee that finally, finally I was getting a novel with characters I want to ...more
Jonathan Pool
Sep 30, 2016 Jonathan Pool rated it really liked it
The stand out portrayal for me was Judith, the mother of Holly and Miranda. There aren't too many ways to write about the ravages of age and illness that haven't already been written, but Wonder Women is so terribly accurate and convincing in this part of the storyline.
I notice that not many (any) men have reviewed Wonder Women. I would happily recommend the book though, and for men too.

It's undoubtedly a book that unashamedly speaks to women, but with a nice awareness of family and gender ster
Nicki
I don't normally go in for chick-lit, but as this was only 45 pence on Kindle I decided to give it a try. I really enjoyed the first half getting to know the characters and all their life stories. I didn't enjoy the bits about the working mum situation as it wasn't relevant to me. At times it felt like this book was trying too hard to comment on different issues - teenage mum/daughter relationships, househusbands, caring for a parent dying of cancer - whilst telling the story of the business ide ...more
Suzie Groers
Oct 17, 2013 Suzie Groers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm finished with Wonder Women:

This has been better than I thought it would be and overall a nice book with plenty of in depth character build up. Although it did end sooner than i expected, but still a good read.

The only thing I can add at the moment is that the chapters are extraordinarily long, so when I get five minutes spare to read I often have to abandon the story wherever I land due to lack of time, knowing I'll never make it to the end of chapter.

Elle Field
Oct 11, 2013 Elle Field rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and was going to give it 5 stars but, for me, it seemed to end quite abruptly. I felt there were still a few loose ends that needed to be tied up.

4.5 stars from me.
Veronica
Apr 18, 2013 Veronica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit
Another enjoyable chic lit. I didn't think that this genre was me, but I have really enjoyed the ones that I have read, and find in them escapism from the stress of real life.
Marina
May 01, 2016 Marina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the character development and the occasional twist and turn in this story. An excellent read!
Julie Watkins
nice idea and nice characterisation but I have to admit I found it over long and I got a little bored
Louise Armitage
Louise Armitage rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2014
Carly
Carly rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2013
MR G G HOWARD
MR G G HOWARD rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Rachel Postma-drenthen
Rachel Postma-drenthen rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2014
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2013
Cath Alexander
Cath Alexander rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2014
Rachael Goucher
Rachael Goucher rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2014
Justjuggling
Justjuggling rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2013
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Ayo Babajide
Ayo Babajide rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Emma Wood
Emma Wood rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2014
Sue Craighill
Sue Craighill rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Chloe
Chloe rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2013
Denise Covey
Mar 29, 2015 Denise Covey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book full of smart women who more than achieve their dream!
Natty
Natty rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Julie Hobbs
Julie Hobbs rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2013
  • This is your Life
  • Hubble Bubble
  • A Vintage Christmas
  • Christmas at the Crescent
Rosie Fiore was born and grew up in Johannesburg, South Africa. She studied drama at the University of the Witwatersrand and has worked as a writer for theatre, television, magazines, advertising, comedy and the corporate market. She has lived in London for the past ten years. Her first two novels, This Year's Black and Lame Angel were published by Struik in South Africa. This Year's Black was lon ...more
More about Rosie Fiore...

Wonder Women (2 books)