Start by marking “Hot Laundry” as Want to Read:
Hot Laundry

Hot Laundry

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Published June 5th 2013 by TG Davis

To ask other readers questions about Hot Laundry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Laundry

C.K. Raggio
Jackie Blue is at it again. T.G. Davis brings her back in another humor filled mystery. Jackie and her ex-boyfriend Hugh meet up with a client who insists he needs to speak with her in person. The simple meeting goes wrong when the man is shot in the head, but not before he hands over a folder with bank account numbers filled with laundered drug money.

Obviously, the Mexican Cartel is not at all happy when they realize the account numbers are missing. Jackie and Hugh go on quite the adventure, t...more
Marise Ghorayeb
I’m posting this review on behalf of Jennifer Moreland. She was having some technical issues with goodreads, so she forwarded me her review and star rating and asked me to post in her stead. Here’s her review:

Hot Laundry by TG Davis hooks the reader from the first sentence and then draws him in with compelling dialogue that feels real and is excellently paced. The writing was clean and professional -- something that books from both mainstream publishers and indie authors seem to be lacking thes...more
Sue
I received a free download of "Hot Laundry" by T.G. Davis, to read on my Kindle in exchange for an honest review.This is a mystery/woman sleuth novel with elements of humor, romance and crime.

Jackie Blue is a twenty-six year old private investigator who works in East LA. She she needs this job to pay the bills and allow her to pay her younger sister Lucy's college tuition.

Darryl had used his connections with the Los Angeles police to call Jackie and request her services. Darryl worked for a mone...more
Yawatta Hosby
I enjoyed this 12 chapter book. It was told through Jackie’s first person point-of-view. I liked that she was in her mid-20′s but had seen a lot of crazy stuff due to her job. For this assignment, it was supposed to be simple: meet a client’s son. Things took a wild turn when he got shot in the head, in plain daylight, out in a public location. It was a crazy rollercoaster ride till the very end of the book. I was scared for Jackie and Hugh’s safety.

I loved how the characters interacted with eac...more
Anthony Land
A bullet-riddled roller coaster ride
“The Ringling Brothers on crack…” that’s the prophetic first phrase of the first sentence of T.G. Davis’ second Jackie Blue mystery. Ms. Blue is a California private investigator whose stock in trade is insurance investigations—until a client she’s meeting for the first time gets shot dead by a sniper on a Santa Monica street in broad daylight as he hands her a folder containing bank account numbers..
Jackie and Hugh Barclay, her bounty hunter ex-significant ot...more
Christopher Angel
Hot Laundry is a fast-paced page-turner. The action never lets up, and this is a fun, engaging read. I really like the voice of the main character, Jackie Blue, who is a modern-day, female, hard-boiled detective from a trailer park "East of East LA." She's a down to earth, tell it like it is, blue collar heroine, and a refreshing change of pace from many others I've read in this genre. She's not over-educated, she doesn't over think things, but she's focussed on the job and her family. A lot of...more
Lavada
Lavada marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Bob & Sherri
Bob & Sherri marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2013
Assif
Assif marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2013
Stef
Stef marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
TG Davis lives in the Midwest with his wife and four children. The next Jackie Blue novel should be out by the holidays. In the meantime, he will also publish several more of the Annie Banner, Wedding Planner novellas by year end. Follow TG Davis on Twitter at @TGDAVISAUTHOR
More about T.G. Davis...
Annie Banner, Wedding Planner (Annie Banner #1) Jackie Blue Debbie Valentine, Rookie Caterer Blazing Petals (Annie Banner #2) Roped In (Annie Banner #3)