Start by marking “The First Bird: Episode 2 (The First Bird, #2)” as Want to Read:
The First Bird: Episode 2 (The First Bird, #2)

The First Bird: Episode 2 (The First Bird #2)

The South American Boreal: one of the last truly unexplored jungles on our planet. In its dark heart is an ancient crater basin, sealed in by a living cage, making it a time capsule for an ancient, deadly ecosystem.

Matt Kearns, Carla Nero and a team of scientist explorers have found their way in. In the crater’s sunken interior are creatures from a primordial nightmare. Da
Published July 1st 2013 by Momentum

To ask other readers questions about The First Bird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Bird

Priya
Jan 01, 2014 Priya rated it it was amazing
In Episode 2, the adventure continues, in the heart of the jungle. The team has found its way into an ancient ecosystem, which has managed not only to survive over countless years, but to evolve into something sinister and entirely unfamiliar to us. Not only do the group find what they're looking for, they also come across some things they never expected to exist. People die and with all the vivid gory details, it's certainly not pretty. The journey gets even more harrowing and scary, especially ...more
Geoff
Jul 07, 2013 Geoff rated it it was amazing
Awesome.
As with all my other review's of Beck's books, I will say that the research involved in writing this one is excellent. The science utilised in The First Bird: Episode Two, is flawless.
The first book in this series took us on the trip through the heart of the Amazon, searching for a creature long thought extinct. Then, it left us right at the point when it was about to get really exciting.
This second volume takes up where the first left off, as Matt Kearns (the protagonist) ventures into
Amy
Nov 03, 2013 Amy rated it it was amazing
The second episode is every bit as good as the first. It boasts pre-historic creatures, hidden treasure, vomit, running, caves, and spiders the size of Rottweilers. It's adventure turned horror in a Lost World setting. And the last episode is supposed to be an apocalyptic world setting, so I'm game to keep reading. Methinks I'm going to be using this author to satisfy my adventure-style popcorn-read needs in the future.

Typical quotes:

"The scream exploded out of the jungle again - closer this tim
RJ
Mar 17, 2016 RJ rated it really liked it
Welcome to paradise. Our intrepid group reaches the thorn wall and discovers the water pool which leads them under the wall and into "paradise". The movie producer group is interested in obtaining specimens to take back. The CDC group wants to find the local natives to discover why they are immune to the mites. The "first bird" specimen is captured, but all does not go as planned of course. Dangerous creatures abound in the jungle and our groups run across their share with varying results, ...more
Susan
Jul 10, 2016 Susan rated it it was amazing
Episode 2 of The First Bird continues to be as exciting as Episode 1. In this novella, the intrepid explorers are in an enclosed area in the Amazon that has not changed in millions of years. They do find what they came for, but at a very expensive price.

There were 2 things that I believe could have been edited better what appears in Episode (I'm being picky and I think you will agree with me). One is the expression 'pulled a face'. This expression was used way too many times. Makes one wonder wh
Doc
Oct 04, 2013 Doc rated it liked it
Matt Kearns, Carla Nero and a team of scientist explorers have found their way in. In the crater's sunken interior are creatures from a primordial nightmare. Dangers lurk in every treetop, under every rock or loom monstrously over them. It is a place where mankind is out of time.

Matt and Carla must find out how the terrifying parasite wreaking havoc in the United States can be controlled while staying ahead of things that defy belief and shake their understanding of evolution on our planet.

Trapp
Chalie W
Jul 14, 2013 Chalie W rated it it was amazing
This book picks up right after the first one. Without giving too much away, the team find themselves in a sort of Lost World that time forgot (Geeze, if wonder if anyone will make a movie with that idea ;-). Anyhow, as most of us can imagine, all kinds of surprises pop up and none of them good! I know a few of them gave me the willies! I am not sure how to classify this book. I would say it is a combination of action/adventure and suspense/horror (at least in my eyes). If you read the 1st ...more
Kelly
Jul 23, 2014 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Wow, what an episode this was. It really keeps your interest, the characters a well written and you can't help but react to what they are going through. I was also totally creeped out - it just had to be spiders and BFS at that.
Rita McDowell
Jul 17, 2014 Rita McDowell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting!

The second episode is very exciting and actually a nail biter! Definitely need to read these books in order or the whole theme will be lost! Enjoy!
Rita
Jan 21, 2014 Rita rated it it was amazing
Episode 2 is as good as the first. This would be a fantastic movie. Going to start episode 3 right now.
Teresa
Sep 03, 2015 Teresa rated it it was amazing
I was hoping for more with the second installment. Still, it was very entertaining and I had a hard time putting it down. I will go on to the third installment - can't wait to see how it ends.
John
Aug 15, 2013 John rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic series. The second book was even better than the first one, which I loved! Book 3, here I come!!!
Matthew
Jul 27, 2014 Matthew rated it it was amazing
Beck continues to suck the reader deep into his primordial horror story. I will honestly have nightmares I suspect after reading this! Highly recommended.
Thomas Britton
Nov 07, 2015 Thomas Britton rated it really liked it
Great second book. More like the lost world adventures
A fun read with lots of monsters
Normally second book trilogy do not muster but this as good as the first
Deb
Deb rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2015
Arnold Oliphant
Arnold Oliphant rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2014
SQAGuru
SQAGuru rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2013
Any Length
May 20, 2015 Any Length rated it it was ok
ditto what I said about no 1 episode.
Trenton Hill
Trenton Hill rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
Denis Gojak
Denis Gojak rated it it was ok
May 11, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2016
Lisa Stephenson
Lisa Stephenson rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2014
Rachael
Rachael rated it it was ok
May 12, 2014
Alan Bates
Alan Bates rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Barbara
Barbara rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
ken storum
ken storum rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2015
Martin Cartier
Martin Cartier rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2014
David
David rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Michael Mccall
Michael Mccall rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Pandemonium
  • Crustaceans
  • Day 8: New Human War: The Complete Series
  • Beneath (Origins, #3)
  • Predatory Instinct
  • The Sapporo Outbreak
  • The Tombs of Eden (Eden Saga, #1)
  • Bestiary
  • Whatever Gods May Be
  • Rumors of Savages
  • Kowalski's in Love and Other Stories: Kowalski's in Love, Man Catch, Sacrificial Lion, Operation Northwoods, and Success of a Mission
  • The Underdwelling
  • Primeval (Event Group Thriller #5)
  • Hellifax (Mountain Man #3)
  • Deeper
Hi GoodReaders, I’m an Australian author residing in Sydney with my wife, son and oversized black German Shepherd named Jess. My novels are now available globally, also in Large Print and now in full AUDIO format.

I grew up spending my days surfing at Bondi Beach before entering a career in Information technology which took me around the world. After completing an MBA, i was appointed both an Austr
More about Greig Beck...

The First Bird (3 books)
  • The First Bird: Episode 1 (The First Bird, #1)
  • The First Bird: Episode 3 (The First Bird, #3)