Stalking Dreams

Stalking Dreams (Love Has No Boundaries)

3.14 of 5 stars 3.14  ·  rating details  ·  165 ratings  ·  51 reviews
BLURB:
River has been stalked for years by a stranger. He's finally found peace in his new relationship with Shane. When news from home shakes up his sense of safety, can he defeat the terror he's been running from for so long?

PHOTO DESCRIPTION:
Two young men sleeping while spooned together in each other’s arms.

STORY INFO:
Genre: contemporary
Tags: suspense, college, oral sex,...more
Published June 7th 2013 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads

Ingela
Written May 19, 2014

2.8 Stars - a shorty about fear and a stalker

Stalking Dreams was so short that it barely had time to start getting really engaging and understandable before it ran out. I started awfully nasty however, with a scary horror-film feeling. The "stalker" topic is interesting but I liked the cute boyfriend Shane, the dog Delphie Ann and their housmate Mike more. ~ But poor River, he really had a scary stalker and bad dreams to fight.

The author, Lisa mentioned that it is an extract...more
SheReadsALot
Luckily this story will have a novel follow up where details can be thoroughly (hopefully) examined. It read like one of those movies with the stalker, psycho-killer except he only caused mayhem in River's dreams.

The ending left me with questions but I will hold judgment until the rest is released.
Sunny
I wish the scene mentioned in the prompt had been included in the story, but maybe that will be in a sequel as a flashback? I did like the story, though, and look forward to reading more.
Kelly  Maybedog
See the image that prompted the story.

This is a really great story. The prompt led to a story that was just too big to get done on time so Leta wrote the short story as a teaser kind of. She has two novels plan. My only complaint is that I have to wait for those!

I was pleasantly surprised by the humor. Parts of this are really funny. Mike is really a great character and I would love to see more of him, although I'm guessing that won't be until the second novel. The banter with the brother is hi...more
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love Has No Boundaries event. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!

So, the author is turning this into a full length novel (yippie!) But she didnt have time to complete it for the LHNB deadline. Hence this being a little snippet. I'm fine with that, and am excited for the full length, but couldn't give this more than three stars given that it didn't have time to fully develop it's potential. I might even recommend just waiting for t...more
Gigi
I really enjoyed this sweet story of two young men in love, with one suffering from PTSD after a long term stalking situation. My only complaint is that we didn't get to see the outcome to resolution to the stalker case. Otherwise, recommended wholeheartedly.
Danni
I absolutely loved the author's voice in this. I thought it was a great story. It would have been a 5* read if it was complete as a short story. I will definitely read the full length version - looking forward to it.
deirdre
Great little read over my morning tea . . . .
Anna
Wow, this has a lot of potential! So glad the author is turning it into a full-length novel, I'm gonna be reading it for sure!
Silkeeeeee
Really good suspens filled story. The cliffhanger-type ending makes me hope that there is a book about these two.
Steelwhisper
This was chilling, but had too many plot threads still open to be wholly satisfying.
Heller
2.5

Interesting but a really big question left unanswered at the end.
Sandra

Brian
An enjoyable short story that centers on the nightmares induced by the past.

The opening set up was great. The ending seemed quite rushed and didn't offer what I thought was a believable resolution.

I would love to see this expanded into a full length novel, giving us the backstory and a slightly tweaked ending, and little more of the current relationship in the middle.
Izzah Sanox
Damn, this is good!
I love how the dreams are portrayed psychologically.
And how River killing the stalker showing that he is finally ready to confront said stalker.
And yay! For a novel from the before <3
Will try to wait patiently -,,-
Thank you!
Macky
Good premise but left me feeling a bit adrift. I think the problem being it was just too short to tie up all the threads but I believe there's a novel being written so that's probably a better bet. Not bad at all but Just OK for me.
Lauren
3.5 stars - Not a bad little story and definitely an interesting set-up, I just hope there's going to be more! I'd love to find out who River's stalker is!
I really enjoyed this book all I can say is I hope there is another to tell us more about what happens when he goes home and who the stalker is!!!
jules0623
This was more like a couple of chapters from a longer story than a complete tale. Disappointing as it was quite good.
Bitchie (M/M addict)
I have a feeling this rating will go up when I get to read the full novel!
Anke
Sorry, but this wasn't for me.
Shelby
I would round this up from 3.5 stars to 4 stars because the writing here is really good. This story just pulled me in and I quickly fell for the characters, but the ending left a lot to be desired. Seeing from other reviews that the author has other books planned makes this a little bit better, but without it already being written it leaves the short a little lacking.

River ran away to college 6 hours away from home to escape from a crazy stalker that has been obsessed with him for years. Things...more
Maxine
Such a compelling story! I was drawn into River's story immediately and really rooted for him against his frightening stalker. Shane was such a great boyfriend and I'd love to read more about how they got together. I liked that this wasn't just a self-contained short story, which is different from most of the LHNB stories and made it stand out. I can't wait to read more books in this universe!
Seiran
For what the author delivered, I really liked the story. It had great character development, and the story really pulled you in. The ending has a lot to be desired though.

Maybe at the beginning, or in the blurb somewhere the author could have given the reader an FYI about the story being only the first few chapters of a longer book to come. Just a thought.
Victoria
This was intense and a bit scary, but a good read. I probably shouldn’t have read it before going to bed though. Thank you Leta Blake for donating your story, your time and your talent.
Amanda
2.5 stars. This was another LHNB story that I really liked and then BAM the ending was totally cut short. It was enjoyable just a little too quick to finish.
mw138
Frightening and tense read. However, I didn't see the connection between the story and its prompt.
Meep
Jul 07, 2013 Meep marked it as not-for-me  ·  review of another edition
- DO NOT READ THE PROMPT it doesn't match the story.
- THIS IS A SAMPLE OF A NOVEL TO-BE apparently a novel is planned.

Wish I'd known that before starting!

Story doesn't match the prompt; with these freebies I use the prompt as a blurb and found it hard to get into the story not knowing where it was going. The introduction is all character facts without giving me a connection to River. (River? outside paranormal fics such names have me double-take. Actors aside is it really a common name?).

The Sta...more
Paul Wright
I want more :)
Andrea
Had this been longer, it would have been very, very good. Unfortunately, it felt more like a prologue than a story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Off Sides
  • Strip, Please
  • Ten Year H-Itch
  • Falling Away
While Leta Blake would love to tell you that writing transports her to worlds of magic and wonder and then safely returns her to a home of sparkling cleanliness and carefully folded laundry, the reality is a bit different. For as long as Leta can recall, stories have hijacked her mind, abducting her to other lands, and forcing her to bend to the will of imaginary people. This absence from reality...more
More about Leta Blake...
Training Season The River Leith Earthly Desires (Tempting Tales, #1) Love's Nest (Tempting Tales, #3) Love Has No Boundaries Anthology: Volume 2