Start by marking “The One (Species Intervention #6609, #6)” as Want to Read:
The One (Species Intervention #6609, #6)

The One (Species Intervention #6609 #6)

4.67 of 5 stars 4.67  ·  rating details  ·  208 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Published August 2013 (first published May 6th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One

Baby by J.K. AccinniEvil Among Us by J.K. AccinniEcho by J.K. AccinniHive by J.K. AccinniArmageddon Cometh by J.K. Accinni
Best Fantasy and Science-Fiction Books
6th out of 249 books — 300 voters
Baby by J.K. AccinniDogshit Saved My Life by Karl WigginsThe One by J.K. AccinniEvil Among Us by J.K. AccinniEcho by J.K. Accinni
Eye Catching Titles
3rd out of 232 books — 192 voters

More lists with this book...

Wanda Hartzenberg
The last book in the series for me is a bitter-sweet departure.

I loved this world, some of the characters and loved to hate other characters.
Being an ardent believer in Wildlife preservation and active in many causes regarding said preservation this has been a series close to my heart from the get go.
In this, the last of the series I am once again reminded how we as humans are messing up this gift of a planet we inhabit. Being on top of the food chain is something we are truly not worthy off.

On
Lynn Worton
Review 6******

This is the sixth and final book in The Species Intervention Series. I loved it!

Wow, where do I start?! I'm still reeling! I usually do a character breakdown, but this book is told from several different points of view, so it would take me forever to do so in this instance. Therefore, I'm just going to dive right into my review.

I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this book, because I wanted to see how Netty, Wil, Abby, Scott, Jose, Chloe, Cobby, Kane, Ginger Mae, Peter, Dai
Karen Perkins
The One concludes the Species Intervention #6609 Series, and is as gripping and thought-provoking as the earlier books. It follows the fates of the survivors of Armageddon, and the recovery of the Earth after the bombs. J.K. Accinni’s writing is, as ever, poignant, acutely-observed and unflinching from the extremely important issues she raises. These books will stay with me for a very long time, and I think about them every time I switch on the news and watch more stories of people’s cruelty to ...more
Suzanne Steele
Aliens to the rescue...sadly...

A terrific almost last chapter in this inventive saga. I am exhausted with the miriad of emotions the author pulled from me. Now matter what, this series will stay with me for a very long time.

This should be called the Hive meets the tribe. Suzy has passed and her twins vie for control of the tribe. Irony is at the forefront as her son Seth turns out to be obsessed with taking control and hates his twin sister Lorna.(The only two names Suzy recalls from her childh
Kaila
amazing ending to the series.. the characters, the plot.. everything was awesome. im sad its over but the way it ended was just wonderful
Deborah Chapman
Dogma over plot

Dogma over plot

The series drew me in. As a strong feminist, I appreciated the strong spirituality of the women. but the theme is far too negative about men. It would appear that all evil comes from men. Nope, I can't accept that idea. Also, the story ends with this book. Further stories just jump the shark. Don't bother reading any more of series. All in all, great idea for the plot, but political and cultural dogma took over, ruining what could have been a fine saga.

Autumn
This is the last book in the series and it is just as intense as the other books.
You are taken into the future to where people are now in their 90's.
The survivors are still underground and of course have become quite comfy leaving within the Hive but they would like to see how the world above them is doing. Is it livable?
The remaining survivors get more surprises in this book along with secrets that become out in the open. Especially Netty, I was like wow! There is so much I could go onto this r
Othen Cummings
Finally...a new alien world instead of the old familiar one

This is the last of the series although I heard there might be another out in aug 2014. Good thing. I am already having withdraws. Our survivors have surfaced and now live in a post apocalyptic world. Try starting over from scratch with just a few tools. A good thing they have the Kreyven who is no longer such a terrifying monster now that everyone understands what it is.

I love the introduction of the new creatures and the evil that is p
Sheryl Seal
The One (Species Intervention #6609 Book 6) by J.K. Accinni is another awesome read! I adored the beginning of the book as we learn there is a tribe of survivors in the Franklin Mines. The very mine that the Kreyven got all of the wonderful gems stones to make the bathing cave in the Hive.This tribe has been doing some hideous things. Many are deformed and babies with huge deformities are not allowed to live.

The Womb shows its generous side by allowing the Elders to save them from starvation by
Jim Davies
Yet another smasher from J.K Accinni! All of her work has such an imaginative writing style and it is very hard to put one of her books down once you have started reading. This book was no different!

Some parts of the book was very hard hitting, but it is definitely what kept me engaged and thirsting for the next one… which is apparently not released until next year!

The author engrosses you with elements of suspense and surprise, which I love, and this has been the reason I have become such a h
Anne (Angel Anne Reviews) Nelson
I have now read this book 2 times....

As I purchased this book I knew that it was going to be a hard and sad review for me to write when I was done reading it…. You see for me the ending if this phenomenal series is like losing precious loved ones that have helped me open my eyes to the many devastating events that our not so perfect world that we live in has become.

Author J.K. Accinni has created such an amazing collection of stories that put together as a whole has a dynamic message for us to
Lavinia Urban
The previous books in this series I thoroughly enjoyed and I couldnt put them down but with this finally book there was something missing and I can't put my finger on it.
The author has a fantastic imagination to create such a great book series which I can honestly see as a movie but the ending to me was disappointing. I had already predicted who 'The One' was long ago, so I was not surprised when it was announced. But to me it was the right person all along but I did expect more from 'The One'.
M
Autumn
Nov 21, 2013 Autumn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: waar
You are taken into the future to where people are now in their 90's.
Lee
David Garcia
Accinni is an amazing storyteller, and I have been completely amazed by the overwhelming ability she has to suck a reader into such a rich story. Starting with Echo, I tore through all if this writer's books and waited patiently for The One to be released.

SPOILERS:

I gave The One a 4/5 stars rating on Goodreads, just one star less than the other five books. It is amazing what J.K. did in developing early 20th century characters and evolving them as well as the massive cast the ought the series s
Amanda Orick
The One is the sixth installment to the species intervention series. This book follows the survivors through the many years in the hive and when they finally leave it to see the new world. It isn't my favorite installment of the book as I didn't feel that it had as much emotion or action as some of the others in the series. However I still found it to be a very good read! I like how it tied all the loose ends together, and we FINALLY learn who The One really is! It wasn't as unexpected as I thou ...more
Sharon Obelenus Holland
Time has flown, and its almost time to go back out into the world. Once they step out Kenya goes into labor, but because of the way the Hive works, she has to deliver the baby outside. They post 2 guards out but something attacks and kills them, new type of bird called a Flamer. But the group slowly rebuilds. The other tribe come looking for the spot, and find the members. But where the Hive members grew to think of themselves as family, the other tribe was raised on hatred and who should contro ...more
Gale Stanley
I am so sorry to see the conclusion of one of my most interesting discoveries. This series has sucked me in, churned me up and left me reeling. It will forever be close to my heart. I know I will see Baby and Echo, Wil and Netty, Scotty and Chloe and Kenya and Kane in my dreams but I feel lost. The author made me live in their world, cry with them, scream with them, rejoice with them...and love with them. I respect the authors commitment to her cautionary warning. We must learn how to respect on ...more
Kellie Harrington
WOW The One is the last book in the Species Intervention series Netty, Will,Jose, Abby, and Scotty are back with the rest of the survivors of the war and things are going great. In this book they are years after the war and in another cave there are a whole new crowd of survivors where men ruled and woman were like slaves Suzy was a woman who took care of the children kept them from harm and woman also. Suzy was the granddaughter of Clyde from the hive. In this book the survivors from the hive a ...more
Cindy Smith
Well, the final book in the series starts 100 years later. The people inside the hive have not aged and are in perfect health. Those on the outside are struggling and fighting amongst themselves.

There are lots of twists and turns in this book, so I won't elaborate on them as that will take away their importance.

Will and Nellie finally tell everyone what to expect and that they will be leaving the hive. The world is so different from the one they left. New plants, new animals, new climate.

They do
Joy
I'm sad as I write this review because i've finished the series.
I've loved this series from the beginning and was eagerly waiting for the last installment.
This book has twists and turns and revelations. Questions answered. Sad moments. Very happy moments and Devastating moments.
It was everything I was hoping for and more. There were several moments that had me in tears.
I've come to love these characters and I'm so sad that this amazing ride with them is over now.
This series will make you stop an
Normandie Alleman
This had been one of the most emotional series I have ever read. I know it's supposed to be sci fi but It seemed too real to life with normal people.A few nutcases here and there but that's normal too, isn't it? This sensational series got better with every new book, unlike some that fail to keep consistency. I will sorely miss the motley crew of survivors and wonderful animals that revolved around one of the most detailed and original sagas of armageddon I have ever had the luck to come across. ...more
Carol
keeps getting better and better!
Daniel
Great end of this series, with lots of things happening you could have expected from the previous books, lots of surprises up to the end. The One was not who I expected it to be, but not a big surprise either.
Just wished human beings could be more like they were supposed to be, caring about each other and everything around them. But we can only hope we'll learn a lesson from these books. Thanks a lot for letting me enjoy the ride through the end of the world with this series!
Marsha
Nov 24, 2014 Marsha rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
The One by J. K. Accinni is the amazing. This is the most compelling, heart wrenching book in the Species Intervention 6609 series. It is full of so much information from the two different surviving factors, but the flow is even and consistent. I was on the edge of my seat. The two factions are definitely and experiment in nature vs nurture, and believe me, nurture wins, hands down. I love these characters so much. So many tears shed....
Kim culbertson
very sad to see this series end. I've followed it from the start. i'm hoping there is a spin off for it.

this book ... what can I say? some parts I thought would happen, and others made me gasp out loud and I could NOT believe what just happened! I was so shocked at one point I had to put it down to take a break, but 5 minutes later I had to pick it back up because I couldn't stand not knowing!

great series and I will miss all the characters!
Lauren
I have truly loved this series from the beginning. Im not usually a fan of sci-fi, but this series captured my heart. This author took an amazing concept to a whole new level. Humans have basically destroyed the Earth and intervention is needed. In the final book of the series we learn how truly corrupt humans have become. I am sad this series is over! "Life goes on, no matter the heartbreak." Very true quote that fits the story perfectly. WaAR
Jennifer Grimm
What an end to an awesome series! The One was so different than I expected it to be. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time! I ended up finishing the book in 2 days. While the series started off in a unique way, it ended in an even more unique way. I ended up both sad and excited by the outcome of the book. I would love to have another series follow this one that told the future of the characters after the end of this book!
Brandon
Rating: 9.0/10.0

Review: Author J.K. Accinni does it again in her 6th book of the Species Intervention #6609 series. I was not disappointed with this book. In fact, I was quite surprised the way the book turned out. I loved how the author was able to add a bit of mystery into this book as well as the normal Sci-Fi aspects and the survival aspects. I'd recommend this book to any Sci-Fi fan!

Reviewed by IABookReviews.com
Carmen Reyes
this is the last book in the species Intervention Series and JK Accinni does not disappoint! I don't like spoilers so I won't give any, but I highly recommended you read this great Series. the only thing wrong with this book is that The One marks the end of one of the best horror/Sci -Fi series I have read in long long time. Kudos to you JK Accinni.
  • Revelation (Redemption, #4)
  • Beyond the World of Man (Dwellers of Ahwahnee, #3)
  • Compendium: The Horror Challenge Collection
  • Forever Blue (Ruby Blue #4)
  • Breaking Normal (Dream Weaver, #3)
  • Catori's Worlds
  • Yours Mine Ours
  • Shadowlord (Shadow Born Trilogy, #3)
  • Deadly Secrets (The Greek Isles Series, #2)
  • For The Love Of Her Dragon (Dragon Guards, #4)
  • Scarlet Night (Behind the Vail)
  • My First Fun Golf Steps (My First Travel Books Series)
  • The Reluctant Jesus
  • NGLND XPX
  • Out of the Box Regifted (Out of the Box, #2)
  • Coyote in Provence (Coyote #2)

Species Intervention #6609 (6 books)
  • Baby (Species Intervention #6609, #1)
  • Echo (Species Intervention #6609, #2)
  • Armageddon Cometh (Species Intervention #6609, #3)
  • Hive (Species Intervention #6609, #4)
  • Evil Among Us (Species Intervention #6609, #5)
Baby (Species Intervention #6609, #1) Alien Species Intervention Books 1-3 Echo (Species Intervention #6609, #2) Evil Among Us (Species Intervention #6609, #5) Armageddon Cometh (Species Intervention #6609, #3)