Start by marking “Stubborn Love (Stubborn Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stubborn Love (Stubborn Love, #1)

Stubborn Love (Stubborn Love #1)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  1,171 ratings  ·  123 reviews
Even a broken heart has trouble resisting aStubborn Love.

Emmie Hayes loved the beautiful Ashton Stirling deeply; nobody could deny that. She had given him her youth, and all he gave in return was misery and pain. She was ready for a new beginning, but Ashton wasn’t about to let her go so easily, even if it meant destroying both their lives in the process.

Three years later
Published June 22nd 2013 by Four Bean Soup Publishing (first published June 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Stubborn Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stubborn Love

"That's All" Ash
 photo jon_is_disappointed_zps5d2469a6.gif

Well.

Motherfucker.

photo tumblr_mcorki2nRd1rk3jcio1_250.gif

The ♦bad♦ thing about this book is:

There was absolutely nothing memorable about it.

And I just finished it.

The ♦good♦ thing about this book is:

I’ve already forgotten about it.

Thank.
God.

photo tumblr_m89dpiiHHO1r66u20o1_500.gif

***This ARC was kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.***

Christy
 photo 87f7f969-07ce-4d09-9876-2598243aae40_zpsd1b131a1.jpg

Stubborn Love is the story of Clementine Hayes. Clementine ‘Emmie’ has a past. A past she’s not proud of, a past she has had trouble moving forward from. Emmie was in too deep with someone. She needed to get out, to start over again.
A person can only be beaten down for so long before they begin to yearn for their spirit to be set free.

Things didn’t turn out like she planned, and she has spent the last three years feeling guilty, but she knows she has to move on with her life.

photo StubbornLove-Broken_zps5ce66c23.jpg

She is still br
Jennifer Kyle
2 ½ - 3 Stubborn Stars

This book was given to me by the author Ms. Wendy Owens in exchange of an honest review. She was completely upfront and said to be completely honest.

So here it is…

This story started off with a bang which will grab a reader’s attention. The story thereafer felt a tad weak although if I were to relay it to a friend as to what happens they would say it sounds like a great story.

So here lies my problem, perhaps the book wasn’t indepth enough. She had four great characters but
Erica
Jun 28, 2013 Erica rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: arc
This is a beautiful story about the journey to healing, love, and forgiveness.

Talk about a chilling opening! I had serious goosebumps. The story opens with a tragic event that leaves Clementine aka Emmie with a shattered heart. She was already broken and then her high school sweetheart went and broke her even more...in the worst way. I was emotionally invested in the story and to Emmie from the very beginning.

"I suppose a person can only be beaten down for so long before they begin to yearn for
Patrycja

4 stars.

Madison Says Blog Tour

I was provided with an advanced electronic copy of this book from the author in return of an honest review. This review will be also posted on Smokin’ Hot Book Blog as a part of Stubborn Love Blog Tour on 25th June.

"It's better to feel pain, than nothing at all
The opposite of love's indifference
Pay attention now, I'm standing on your porch screaming out
And I won’t leave until you come downstairs"

Lyrics- Stubborn Love The Lummieres.

Wendy Owens created heartwarming novel filled with e
Renee
Even a broken heart has trouble resisting a Stubborn Love.

I thoroughly enjoyed this 4 star book. I enjoyed the angst and emotional levels. The dosages were small and evenly spaced so there was no real down moments.

Emmie Hayes realized that the love she found was not what she needed or wanted. After getting the courage to leave, she embarks on a new chapter. The fact that her husband Ashton was not going to just suck it up and walk away, was the first roadblock. She takes off for New York and me
Shreya
She was cool enough to say that if I disliked her book, I should not sweet-talk about it. Well, Ms Owens I’m so glad to say that you nailed this one!!!!:)

The story’s basic formula wasn’t unique… It was simply a story about two people who have been hurt in their lives. It was a story about how they change each other’s life…See, it’s nothing new…
So why should you spend money on this book??? Right??? It’s becaus
Adriane
Stubborn Love is definitely true to it's title. In more ways than one.

This book is incredible, even if I did want to throttle Emmie more times than I wanted to hug her. But really, it's more than that. This book takes a subject as touchy as suicide, and it plays up the side of it that not many people see. The guilt that the survivor(s) carries. I can relate to that on a very personal level, so I understood where Emmie was and what she was going through. Carrying that guilt isn't an easy thing to
Katie(babs)
Enjoyable romance about a woman who decides to finally live her life on her own terms after years of emotional abuse from her husband who kills himself when she leaves him. You feel the heroine's guilt over her husband's death but she tries to move on. Two years later she moves to NYC an goes to school to improve her artistic craft and meets a quirky bunch of people, including the owner of the building she lives in who wants to be more than just friends.

Not a bad book to lose yourself into for a
Amy Jacobs
Clementine “Emmie” Hayes has a terrible secret. She used to be married and had told her husband she was going to leave him. Her husband commits suicide as she walks out the door and she leaves town after the funeral to live her life and bury the past. She rents an apartment with a young woman she meets in a taxi who happens to be dating the landlords brother. The landlord is Colin Bennett. Emmie tries to resist him romantically and they build a friendship. While the friendship slowly grows into ...more
J.
I love, love, loved this book! I devoured it in two day!!

Emmie (Clementine) Hayes ended up marrying her high school sweetheart. She thought life was perfect, but then it seemed like Ashton was never happy. They would argue and fight. Emmie had finally come to the decision that their love was no longer pure, but had turned septic at some point. Ashton had realized that he couldn't live without Emmie. His decision was a turning point in both of their lives.

Emmie and her mother ended up moving to
Annette
I don't usually leave comments about books I have read, but this book was amazing. I enjoy reading a book that the author can put you in the book and feel the feelings of the characters. I have only read a few books that the authors actually do this and Wendy Owens definitely did this with Stubborn Love. I can not wait to read Paige's story.
Tracy Lundy-Munn
Great read from beginning to end...couldn't put it down:)) Very well written and the characters had so much emotion. What they had been through that had made them who they were was so heartbreaking at times. Loved the romance between Emmie and Colin....glad they were able to save each other!!!
Melissa
Got this as a freebie from amazon. It was a quick read for me and while I liked the plot, some of the characters were a little off for me. Emmie just went back and forth with Colin way too much, and Stryker was a prick!
Mike
Find this review and many more at http://fabulousandfun.com

This is one of those books that’s really going to be hit or miss in some spots with people, myself included. I always shoot for a spoiler free review so my apologies if it’s too vague.

“Well that started with a bang.” That was my first thought after I finished the prologue. Probably not the most PC of puns, but that’s where my weird brain went. But what that really means is that it starts off really strong, short, to the point, and didn’t
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Where to begin with this review.... Lord Have Mercy is what comes to mind. Have you ever been in a relationship and it was one sided? You give your all and the other person gives nothing just sitting back and taking and taking and never giving. This is a story about a girl who loved so hard it dam near killed her. Can she wake up and smell reality before it is to late.

Emmie Hayes has always loved Ashton Stirling. He is her world and she would be lost without him. Ashton treats Emmie like propert
Debdatta D. Sahay (b00k r3vi3ws)
For Emmie Hayes everything happens very quickly. She falls in love early, gets married early and then at 26 she finds herself as a widow. She had given up her dreams and the best years of her life to Ashton and in return all she had was an abusive relationship. She had finally had the courage to walk out on Ashton with him threatening her to kill himself. What she hadn’t expected was Ashton to follow through. And now she feels the burden of it all – the lost years, the abuse and the suicide. Fin ...more
Jackie
Being in a dysfunctional and abusive marriage, Emmie has had enough when she brushes off Ashton's desperate plea about killing himself and walks out on him. He does shoot himself and that leaves her thinking she is the one responsible and how could she be so cold that she could drive her husband to suicide. It seems stupid to blame herself for his actions but some people are stupid like that. Anyhow I think she made the right decision regardless. Abuse and alcohol addiction is nothing to be take ...more
Christina
When Dani passed me this book for us to review I was excited because it sounded interesting. I was in love with it as soon as I met Colin. Well okay let me take that back. Till I met Paige! But first let me take you back. The book starts with Emmie (Clementine) and her story about marrying the love of her life, Ashton, She moved in with him and his family who were very well off. Their relationship was not the best. She gave up everything, school and what not to be what he wanted. Ashton was not ...more
Tara
I feel like I need to start this review by stating that I absolutely loved a good 70% of this read. The MC was great. Emmie was a woman that anyone could relate to. Her heartache and struggle to rebuild herself was real and relatable.

BUT

At the 70% mark (for those of you who own a Kindle) the story/plot took a flaming nose dive into the WTF realm. I literally caught myself, on more than one occasion, rolling my eyes at the ridiculous actions of Emmie and the dialogue between her and Colin. What
Christine
I love these stories. A girl runs away from a difficult situation, promising not to get involved with another man, only to run into and slowly fall for guy.
I loved the prologue. It caught my attention immediately. The author was short and to the point. You immediately felt connected to the heroine’s situation.
I think my problem along the way is that started not to like her. Even after Colin and Emmie got together, I felt like she did not appreciate his love and kindness. She knew he was going to
Annie
4 Star Review by Annie

Wow. From page one this book held my attention. This story was about letting go of the past and learning to move on to the future. Stubborn Love started off with heartache, but ended with love!

Emmie has been in love with Ashton for as long as she can remember. She thought he was her one and only love, but things change. A selfish decision he makes one fateful afternoon not only ruins his life, but Emmie’s life too.

Trying to pick up the pieces Emmie decides to start fresh a
Laura (Blame it on the Rain Reviews)
FOR MORE REVIEWS LIKE THIS ONE CHECK OUT MY BLOG ~ BLAME IT ON THE RAIN REVIEWS

I don’t think I have ever felt so half and half about a book before in my life. With the first 75% of it being really addictive but the last 25% pretty annoying, I liked this book, but I wished it had just finished at that 75% mark, and I know I would have liked it more.

I suppose a person can only be beaten down for so long before they begin to yearn for their spirit to be set free.

Finally wanting to start a fresh and
Lesley
I received a complimentary copy of Stubborn Love in return for an honest review.

Emmie has a lot of emotional baggage going on - even though it's been a few years and she's tried to move on from it, she feels that it was her actions that caused her husband to commit suicide. She thinks that if she doesn't let anyone else close to her, she can't break them down and cause them pain, so she's very wary about starting new friendships or new relationships with anyone.

She's moved to NYC to continue h
Anncleire
*BLOG TOUR* ON MY BLOG 10th August
Review + Except + Giveaway

"Please, don’t give up on us before we even get started."

“Stubborn Love” è capitato nelle cose da leggere per caso, come mi capita spesso, grazie a Tess from My Pathway to Books Tours con cui sto collaborando da un po’ con ampio successo. Questo è un libro strano ci ho messo un po’ a farlo mio, ma alla fine mi è piaciuto e naturalmente consiglio la lettura a tutti gli amanti di romance.

Persino un
Kath
I've received an ARC of this in exchange of a honest review

stub·born
/ˈstəbərn/
Adjective
Having or showing dogged determination not to change one's attitude or position on something, esp. in spite of good arguments or reasons...
Difficult to move, remove, or cure.
Synonyms
obstinate - pertinacious - dogged - headstrong - obdurate

Get the meaning? Imagine if you're being stubborn about love. How could that person be able to love you? Well... It ain't easy.

setting is in NYC

photo pizapcom13717852104552_zpsefd40342.jpg

Col
Kelly M (Iowa Gal)
Stubborn Love

The first book to start off this amazing series. This book got me hooked and I mean HOOKED in the first few pages. I could not and didn't want to put this book down. Having kids, however, I had to put it down once in a while. When I wasn't reading this book I was thinking about it. I am telling you....this book is amazing. Wendy Owens is a fantastic Author and her books should be read by everyone!!!!! I promise you will not be disappointed when reading any of Wendy's books. Easily F
Heather andrews
Colin, you walking sex on two legs you, "you know, everyone in this city works out of coffee shops, right? You'll be lucky to even get a table this time of day. Why not come in and work here? I have plenty of space for you to spread out. I'll even make you a cup of coffee. I don't have my espresso machine hooked up yet, but I can make a mean cup from the french press." Colin he I think has a jealousy issue or an issue of being lied to, "oh, wait, I get it. You don't want me here when your date g ...more
Paul Triegaardt
Call me sappy but I like sappy novels. The authors easy style of writing made it easy to enjoy the book and I can't wait for Wendy's next release in December.

When reading about how suicide affects everyone around them. I come to the conclusion that suicide is a very selfish thing to do and it's very cruel.

I think Wendy has given us some insight as to how much damage is caused to the people left behind. Sad really!

Furthermore Wendy, correctly writes about the destruction that alcoholics impart
Tawney
Couldn't put it down!

I really enjoyed the story of Clementine and Colin. I spent the entire book screaming at Emmie to give Colin a chance and for Colin to not give up.
  • Undertow
  • Return to Audubon Springs (Brothers of Audubon Springs, #1)
  • When You Come To Me
  • Saving Georgia
  • Kiss the Tiger (Parkside Avenue Book #1)
  • Hate Me
  • Omission
  • Broken Promises (Broken, #1)
  • First Kiss (Heavy Influence, #1)
  • Losing Faith (Seth & Trista, #1)
  • Attainment (Attainment, #1)
  • Love Is Relative (Defining Love, #1)
  • Because of Lucy (Butterfly Days, #1)
  • Second Chance Hero
  • After the Sky Fell Down
  • Metal Urge
  • Coming Home
  • Lost and Found: The Complete Series
YA is published under Wendy L Owens
Adult and NA is published under Wendy Owens

Wendy Owens is a writer, born in the small college town, Oxford Ohio. After attending Miami University, Wendy went onto a career in the visual arts. After several years of creating and selling her own artwork she gave her first love, writing, a try. It’s become a passion ever since. Wendy now happily spends her days writ
More about Wendy Owens...
Only in Dreams (Stubborn Love, #2) The Luckiest (Stubborn Love, #3) Do Anything Ruination Part One Sacred Bloodlines (The Sacred Guardians, #1)