Start by marking “Stubborn Love (Stubborn Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Stubborn Love (Stubborn Love, #1)

Stubborn Love (Stubborn Love #1)

3.64  ·  Rating Details ·  2,961 Ratings  ·  245 Reviews
Even a broken heart has trouble resisting a Stubborn Love.

Emmie Hayes loved the beautiful Ashton Stirling deeply; nobody could deny that. She had given him her youth, and all he gave in return was misery and pain. She was ready for a new beginning, but Ashton wasn’t about to let her go so easily, even if it meant destroying both their lives in the process.

Three years later
Published June 22nd 2013 by Four Bean Soup Publishing (first published June 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Stubborn Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stubborn Love

"That's All" Ash
Jun 18, 2013 "That's All" Ash rated it it was ok
 photo jon_is_disappointed_zps5d2469a6.gif

Well.

Motherfucker.

photo tumblr_mcorki2nRd1rk3jcio1_250.gif

The ♦bad♦ thing about this book is:

There was absolutely nothing memorable about it.

And I just finished it.

The ♦good♦ thing about this book is:

I’ve already forgotten about it.

Thank.
God.

photo tumblr_m89dpiiHHO1r66u20o1_500.gif

***This ARC was kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.***

Christy
 photo 87f7f969-07ce-4d09-9876-2598243aae40_zpsd1b131a1.jpg

Stubborn Love is the story of Clementine Hayes. Clementine ‘Emmie’ has a past. A past she’s not proud of, a past she has had trouble moving forward from. Emmie was in too deep with someone. She needed to get out, to start over again.
A person can only be beaten down for so long before they begin to yearn for their spirit to be set free.

Things didn’t turn out like she planned, and she has spent the last three years feeling guilty, but she knows she has to move on with her life.

photo StubbornLove-Broken_zps5ce66c23.jpg

She is still b
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 20, 2013 Jennifer Kyle rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
2 - 3 Stubborn Stars

This book was given to me by the author Ms. Wendy Owens in exchange of an honest review. She was completely upfront and said to be completely honest.

So here it is…

This story started off with a bang which will grab a reader’s attention. The story thereafer felt a tad weak although if I were to relay it to a friend as to what happens they would say it sounds like a great story.

So here lies my problem, perhaps the book wasn’t indepth enough. She had four great characters but
Erica
Jun 16, 2013 Erica rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is a beautiful story about the journey to healing, love, and forgiveness.

Talk about a chilling opening! I had serious goosebumps. The story opens with a tragic event that leaves Clementine aka Emmie with a shattered heart. She was already broken and then her high school sweetheart went and broke her even more...in the worst way. I was emotionally invested in the story and to Emmie from the very beginning.

"I suppose a person can only be beaten down for so long before they begin to yearn for
Patrycja
Jun 19, 2013 Patrycja rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s, contemporary, 2013

4 stars.

Madison Says Blog Tour

I was provided with an advanced electronic copy of this book from the author in return of an honest review. This review will be also posted on Smokin’ Hot Book Blog as a part of Stubborn Love Blog Tour on 25th June.

"It's better to feel pain, than nothing at all
The opposite of love's indifference
Pay attention now, I'm standing on your porch screaming out
And I won’t leave until you come downstairs"

Lyrics- Stubborn Love The Lummieres.

Wendy Owens created heartwarming novel filled with e
Tara
Nov 30, 2013 Tara rated it liked it
I feel like I need to start this review by stating that I absolutely loved a good 70% of this read. The MC was great. Emmie was a woman that anyone could relate to. Her heartache and struggle to rebuild herself was real and relatable.

BUT

At the 70% mark (for those of you who own a Kindle) the story/plot took a flaming nose dive into the WTF realm. I literally caught myself, on more than one occasion, rolling my eyes at the ridiculous actions of Emmie and the dialogue between her and Colin. What
Laura (Blame it on the Rain Reviews)
FOR MORE REVIEWS LIKE THIS ONE CHECK OUT MY BLOG ~ BLAME IT ON THE RAIN REVIEWS

I don’t think I have ever felt so half and half about a book before in my life. With the first 75% of it being really addictive but the last 25% pretty annoying, I liked this book, but I wished it had just finished at that 75% mark, and I know I would have liked it more.

I suppose a person can only be beaten down for so long before they begin to yearn for their spirit to be set free.

Finally wanting to start a fresh and
Mike
Mar 02, 2014 Mike rated it really liked it
Find this review and many more at http://fabulousandfun.com

This is one of those books that’s really going to be hit or miss in some spots with people, myself included. I always shoot for a spoiler free review so my apologies if it’s too vague.

“Well that started with a bang.” That was my first thought after I finished the prologue. Probably not the most PC of puns, but that’s where my weird brain went. But what that really means is that it starts off really strong, short, to the point, and didn’t
Books On Replay
I've been looking for a good NA book, and this definitely was not it. It seems like all NA books are the same. Girl suffers a trauma in her life, boy swoops in to save her. The end.

I will say the trauma she went through in this book was a bit more creative, and kind of shocking. It was nice seeing an author actually portray a typical, realistic reaction to something that happened to a character. Not some off the wall reaction that makes no sense. With that being said, some of the other reactions
Amy Jacobs
Nov 25, 2014 Amy Jacobs rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Clementine “Emmie” Hayes has a terrible secret. She used to be married and had told her husband she was going to leave him. Her husband commits suicide as she walks out the door and she leaves town after the funeral to live her life and bury the past. She rents an apartment with a young woman she meets in a taxi who happens to be dating the landlords brother. The landlord is Colin Bennett. Emmie tries to resist him romantically and they build a friendship. While the friendship slowly grows into ...more
Shreya
Jun 19, 2013 Shreya rated it really liked it
She was cool enough to say that if I disliked her book, I should not sweet-talk about it. Well, Ms Owens I’m so glad to say that you nailed this one!!!!:)

The story’s basic formula wasn’t unique… It was simply a story about two people who have been hurt in their lives. It was a story about how they change each other’s life…See, it’s nothing new…
So why should you spend money on this book??? Right??? It’s becaus
Renee
Aug 04, 2013 Renee rated it really liked it
Even a broken heart has trouble resisting a Stubborn Love.

I thoroughly enjoyed this 4 star book. I enjoyed the angst and emotional levels. The dosages were small and evenly spaced so there was no real down moments.

Emmie Hayes realized that the love she found was not what she needed or wanted. After getting the courage to leave, she embarks on a new chapter. The fact that her husband Ashton was not going to just suck it up and walk away, was the first roadblock. She takes off for New York and me
Adriane
Jun 24, 2013 Adriane rated it it was amazing
Stubborn Love is definitely true to it's title. In more ways than one.

This book is incredible, even if I did want to throttle Emmie more times than I wanted to hug her. But really, it's more than that. This book takes a subject as touchy as suicide, and it plays up the side of it that not many people see. The guilt that the survivor(s) carries. I can relate to that on a very personal level, so I understood where Emmie was and what she was going through. Carrying that guilt isn't an easy thing to
Heather andrews
Nov 25, 2013 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Colin, you walking sex on two legs you, "you know, everyone in this city works out of coffee shops, right? You'll be lucky to even get a table this time of day. Why not come in and work here? I have plenty of space for you to spread out. I'll even make you a cup of coffee. I don't have my espresso machine hooked up yet, but I can make a mean cup from the french press." Colin he I think has a jealousy issue or an issue of being lied to, "oh, wait, I get it. You don't want me here when your date g ...more
This Coull Chick
Honestly I just didn't get into this one, I didn't much like Clementine, really I felt she was a lot like 12 year old girls, I thought she was just all over the place, and not a lot of what she did and said made sense to me. She was stressing about getting into a relationship with a guy, sorry hun one date is not a relationship get over yourself. She was a hot mess, and I just didn't like or or identify with her at all. i gave this 2 stars because even though I thought about making this one a DN ...more
Katie(babs)
Jul 17, 2013 Katie(babs) rated it liked it
Enjoyable romance about a woman who decides to finally live her life on her own terms after years of emotional abuse from her husband who kills himself when she leaves him. You feel the heroine's guilt over her husband's death but she tries to move on. Two years later she moves to NYC an goes to school to improve her artistic craft and meets a quirky bunch of people, including the owner of the building she lives in who wants to be more than just friends.

Not a bad book to lose yourself into for a
Annette
Dec 03, 2013 Annette rated it really liked it
I don't usually leave comments about books I have read, but this book was amazing. I enjoy reading a book that the author can put you in the book and feel the feelings of the characters. I have only read a few books that the authors actually do this and Wendy Owens definitely did this with Stubborn Love. I can not wait to read Paige's story.
Tracy Lundy-Munn
Aug 20, 2013 Tracy Lundy-Munn rated it it was amazing
Great read from beginning to end...couldn't put it down:)) Very well written and the characters had so much emotion. What they had been through that had made them who they were was so heartbreaking at times. Loved the romance between Emmie and Colin....glad they were able to save each other!!!
Anncleire
Aug 09, 2013 Anncleire rated it really liked it
*BLOG TOUR* ON MY BLOG 10th August
Review + Except + Giveaway

"Please, don’t give up on us before we even get started."

“Stubborn Love” è capitato nelle cose da leggere per caso, come mi capita spesso, grazie a Tess from My Pathway to Books Tours con cui sto collaborando da un po’ con ampio successo. Questo è un libro strano ci ho messo un po’ a farlo mio, ma alla fine mi è piaciuto e naturalmente consiglio la lettura a tutti gli amanti di romance.

Persino un
Lustful Literature
Nov 05, 2013 Lustful Literature rated it really liked it
**JOSIE'S REVIEW**

This story was empowering. The prologue was a chilling one. This story is about Clementine and how a tragic event forever changed her life. Ashton was all Emmie knew. She gave up everything to be with him, including her. When she had enough, she thought it would be easy to walk away, but Ashton was not going to make it easy for her. He never did and this time was anything but different. Emmie was broken and this story is about her journey to finding happiness, peace and love. M
Sev Luv
Dec 22, 2014 Sev Luv rated it it was amazing
Okay. I've just finished the book a few minutes ago, and... my heart is a mess!

I can't put or place what I feel right now after reading this book into words! But I'll try...

Stubborn Love by Wendy Owens is an amazing book! I loved it. Completely loved it. I don't want to say much in this review 'cause I don't want to spoil anyone or anything, so I'll give my best shot.

Stubborn Love is about a girl named Clementine who goes by the name Emmie by the way, and she was married off to this dude named A
Annie
Jul 25, 2013 Annie rated it really liked it
4 Star Review by Annie

Wow. From page one this book held my attention. This story was about letting go of the past and learning to move on to the future. Stubborn Love started off with heartache, but ended with love!

Emmie has been in love with Ashton for as long as she can remember. She thought he was her one and only love, but things change. A selfish decision he makes one fateful afternoon not only ruins his life, but Emmie’s life too.

Trying to pick up the pieces Emmie decides to start fresh a
Christina
Jun 26, 2013 Christina rated it it was amazing
When Dani passed me this book for us to review I was excited because it sounded interesting. I was in love with it as soon as I met Colin. Well okay let me take that back. Till I met Paige! But first let me take you back. The book starts with Emmie (Clementine) and her story about marrying the love of her life, Ashton, She moved in with him and his family who were very well off. Their relationship was not the best. She gave up everything, school and what not to be what he wanted. Ashton was not ...more
b00k r3vi3ws
Aug 09, 2013 b00k r3vi3ws rated it liked it
Shelves: review-copy
For Emmie Hayes everything happens very quickly. She falls in love early, gets married early and then at 26 she finds herself as a widow. She had given up her dreams and the best years of her life to Ashton and in return all she had was an abusive relationship. She had finally had the courage to walk out on Ashton with him threatening her to kill himself. What she hadn’t expected was Ashton to follow through. And now she feels the burden of it all – the lost years, the abuse and the suicide. Fin ...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Where to begin with this review.... Lord Have Mercy is what comes to mind. Have you ever been in a relationship and it was one sided? You give your all and the other person gives nothing just sitting back and taking and taking and never giving. This is a story about a girl who loved so hard it dam near killed her. Can she wake up and smell reality before it is to late.

Emmie Hayes has always loved Ashton Stirling. He is her world and she would be lost without him. Ashton treats Emmie like propert
J.
Jul 21, 2014 J. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: autographed
I love, love, loved this book! I devoured it in two day!!

Emmie (Clementine) Hayes ended up marrying her high school sweetheart. She thought life was perfect, but then it seemed like Ashton was never happy. They would argue and fight. Emmie had finally come to the decision that their love was no longer pure, but had turned septic at some point. Ashton had realized that he couldn't live without Emmie. His decision was a turning point in both of their lives.

Emmie and her mother ended up moving to
Book Bite Reviews
Nov 19, 2013 Book Bite Reviews rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-kindle
Being in a dysfunctional and abusive marriage, Emmie has had enough when she brushes off Ashton's desperate plea about killing himself and walks out on him. He does shoot himself and that leaves her thinking she is the one responsible and how could she be so cold that she could drive her husband to suicide. It seems stupid to blame herself for his actions but some people are stupid like that. Anyhow I think she made the right decision regardless. Abuse and alcohol addiction is nothing to be take ...more
Lesley
Jun 26, 2013 Lesley rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of Stubborn Love in return for an honest review.

Emmie has a lot of emotional baggage going on - even though it's been a few years and she's tried to move on from it, she feels that it was her actions that caused her husband to commit suicide. She thinks that if she doesn't let anyone else close to her, she can't break them down and cause them pain, so she's very wary about starting new friendships or new relationships with anyone.

She's moved to NYC to continue h
Paul Triegaardt
Nov 26, 2013 Paul Triegaardt rated it it was amazing
Call me sappy but I like sappy novels. The authors easy style of writing made it easy to enjoy the book and I can't wait for Wendy's next release in December.

When reading about how suicide affects everyone around them. I come to the conclusion that suicide is a very selfish thing to do and it's very cruel.

I think Wendy has given us some insight as to how much damage is caused to the people left behind. Sad really!

Furthermore Wendy, correctly writes about the destruction that alcoholics impart
  • Metal Urge
  • Lost and Found: The Complete Series
  • Love Is Relative (Defining Love, #1)
  • Damaged But Not Broken (New Adult Rockers, #1)
  • Undertow
  • Fighting For You (Redemption Series, #1)
  • Broken Promises (Broken, #1)
  • First Kiss (Heavy Influence, #1)
  • Veer (Clayton Falls, #2)
  • Because of Lucy (Butterfly Days, #1)
  • Promise Cove (Pelican Pointe, #1)
  • Saving Georgia
  • Thunder Snow (Thunder on the Mountain, #1)
  • Losing Faith (Seth & Trista, #1)
  • Ride the Rainbow Home
  • Forget Me Never (Hell Yeah!, #7)
  • Beyond Control (Beyond Love, #1)
  • Textual Encounters: The Christine + Jake Affair (Textual Encounters, #1)
YA is published under Wendy L Owens
Adult and NA is published under Wendy Owens

Wendy Owens is a writer, born in the small college town, Oxford Ohio. After attending Miami University, Wendy went onto a career in the visual arts. After several years of creating and selling her own artwork she gave her first love, writing, a try. It’s become a passion ever since. Wendy now happily spends her days writ
More about Wendy Owens...

Stubborn Love (3 books)
  • Only in Dreams (Stubborn Love, #2)
  • The Luckiest (Stubborn Love, #3)

“He loved me for all of my broken pieces, and he was willing to put all of them back together one by one, for as long as it took.” 3 likes
“It wasn't who I had wanted to become, but simply who I was comfortable being.” 2 likes