Start by marking “Wuther” as Want to Read:
Wuther

Wuther

A gypsy orphan, Heath Galloway adores Cathy Earnshaw, his childhood sweetheart. He would do anything to protect her from her drunken, abusive father--even push the man down a flight of stairs to stop him hitting her.

But with her father dead, Cathy's older brother Matt runs the Earnshaw farm and both of their lives. And Matt despises Heath. Forced to drop out of school and
Published June 3rd 2013 by Punk Rawk Books

To ask other readers questions about Wuther, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wuther

karen
all i wanted to do with my labor day was to stay in bed all day and read a silly book. success!!*

photo DSC00060_zps537f9193.jpg

i fully expected to hate this book. i mean, come on:

Instead of storms tearing through Yorkshire moors, the sounds of '90s grunge rock whisper through backwoods American cornfields…

ohhhh - grunge! heathcliff in flannel! cathy in a knit hat!

hilarity.

and what the hell is up with that cover?? why is heathcliff sitting around shirtless getting his trousers all wet in… a lake??? a crick??? in west freakin
La Mala ✌
Esto es puro melodrama, o sea, del tipo de las novelas de la tarde (de la mañana, noche, el horario que sea) que dan en la tele. Parecido a los clásicos como "no toques a mi hombre, inválida del demonio"...pero no tan ridículo, no tanto como para reirse. En realidad, lo contrario, es ridículo pero atrapante, creo que hasta te lo podés tomar en serio.

Es la esencia de Wuthering Heights sin la prosa maravillosa de Emily Brontë (duh). Me pareció que los personajes, a pesar de la pavada, los diálogos
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
OK, I'll be completely honest and say I picked it up because of the cover. I mean, look at it. Yum!

The cover captured my eye but the blurb made me read it then and there. It's a Wuthering Heights retelling set in 90's. It sounds cool, right?

The first half of the book was all about Cathy and Heath growing up, falling in love and finding out love is not enough when it comes to people who want 2 entirely different things.

The second half of the book was so intense and mind-blowing! Cathy and Heat
Cristina
Jul 17, 2014 Cristina rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-and-twisted
This story is inspired from the book, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I wish I could say I’ve read but I haven’t, so I don’t have anything to compare it to. However, I can tell you that I loved this twisted and dark story; it’s an absolute page turner and will keep you up all night long! Yes, it’s that good!!

I had no idea what to expect from this story and I stumbled onto this book purely by accident on Amazon; I’m not sure if it was the blurb, the cover or both that attracted me to this book
Steph
Jun 08, 2013 Steph rated it really liked it
What fun!

In this edgy, stylish adaptation of a beloved classic, Chambers takes the iconic love triangle of Catherine, Heathcliff, and Edgar to new levels. Without losing the spirit of the original characters, Chambers reinvents many of the situations that the characters find themselves in, in order to both reconcile with the changing times, and to resonate with a contemporary audience.

Wuther also takes bold risks-Linton as a sociopath-ic "kissing-cousin", Catherine as a grunge-loving 90's teen
Hugholine
2 or 3 stars. Hmmm, trying to decide...

I liked this book. I also did not like this book. It had promise, but it fell short for me.

The writing was very choppy, more so in some parts than in others. There were times when I was pulled right out of the story because of the stilted sentence structure. I felt as if the sex scenes in particular were being thrown at me, sentence by choppy unnatural sentence. It needed...more. More feeling. More emotion. More more. I usually disappear into a book, but t
Tara
Jun 09, 2014 Tara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark, cruel characters and weak, shallow characters - somehow the writer finds the balance where you're interested in each of them. This book kept me guessing. I haven't read Wuthering Heights so I have no frame of reference. If you're looking for a twisted read this Summer, this book is for you. It's not a feel good, happily ever after kind of book.
Stacy
Jun 25, 2013 Stacy rated it did not like it
I had to force myself to finish this book. A lover of Wuthering Heights, I thought this would be right up my alley. I was wrong. The amateur writing made me cringe. This author is a high school English teacher? This book read like one if her students' essays.
Lynn ಠ_ಠ
If Zemira says this is good I will give it a try! :)
Prashanta
Aug 23, 2013 Prashanta rated it it was ok
I have never read "Wuthering Heights" so can't really compare the two. Each time I think about this book - I still cannot decide if I liked it or not. It started out just fine and then kinda descended into a bit of chaos. Catherine as portrayed in this book pretty much prostituted herself in the name of love, tried to justify it and then convinced herself that she truly loved Eli and maybe she did eventually. And Heath...wow..what a train wreck he turned out to be - continueing the vicious cycle ...more
DA4Pups
May 27, 2015 DA4Pups marked it as own-under-another-title  ·  review of another edition
Red Hot Bikers, Rock Stars, and Bad Boys (11 Contemporary Romance Books by Bestselling Authors) (Red Hot Boxed Sets)
Liz
Jun 21, 2015 Liz rated it really liked it
Messed up page turning drama that is utterly compelling, a modern twist on Wuthering Heights which is well worth a read.
Margie's Must Reads
Jun 19, 2013 Margie's Must Reads rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! Just as haunting and twisted as the original but she managed to make it her own.
Fay Ann Hollcroft
Jun 24, 2015 Fay Ann Hollcroft rated it did not like it
Book 9 by V.J. Chambers, I'll have to give a 0. If it was a movie like the Notebook, I might be able to follow along. It's not & so I'm unable to.
Kimberly
Jul 07, 2013 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this telling of WH. I'm a fan of the Bronte story and reading a modernized version made for a brilliant page turner. :)
Zero vi Britannia
Sep 11, 2013 Zero vi Britannia marked it as to-read
Considering I didn't like Wuthering Heights, why am I bothering to read this? Oh right. Shirtless guy.
Vicky
Vicky rated it it was ok
Jul 18, 2013
Alisha
Alisha rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2013
Mariah Bowman
Mariah Bowman rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2013
Brianna
Brianna rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2013
Doree
Doree rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2013
Chelsea Macgregor
Chelsea Macgregor rated it did not like it
Sep 24, 2016
Lydia Stark
Lydia Stark rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2014
❤ Tila Grey Maddox ❤
❤ Tila Grey Maddox ❤ rated it did not like it
Nov 17, 2013
Hayley
Hayley rated it liked it
May 08, 2015
Angela Gibbons
Angela Gibbons rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2013
Liz
Liz rated it liked it
May 29, 2014
Krystal
Krystal rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Seeds of Hate (Cardboard Hearts, #1)
  • Falling Under
  • Breaking Free (The Breaking Series, #1)
  • Force of Nature
  • Crimson and Clover
  • Plush
  • End: An Apocalyptic Anthology
  • The Lake and the Library
  • The Kingdom
  • The Fallen (A Sons of Wrath Spinoff)
  • Knock Love Out (A Very Sexy Romance)
  • When You Loved Me
  • Stages of Grace
  • NOT A BOOK: For the Summer
  • Standing in the Whale's Jaw
  • Happily Ever Addendum (Modern Arrangements, #3)
  • Outlaws: One Man's Rise Through the Savage World of Renegade Bikers, Hell's Angels and Global Crime
  • Will Poole's Island
V. J. Chambers writes about being inexplicably attracted to the dangerously alluring. Her works span mundane settings and fantastic ones. She writes about serial killers, cult leaders, werewolves, witches, for-hire assassins, zombies, space pirates, and regular everyday people.

She lives in Shepherdstown, WV, with her boyfriend Aaron and their cat Isis.

More about V.J. Chambers...