Start by marking “Fairy” as Want to Read:
Fairy

Fairy

THIS STORY IS A FREE READ

A gay kid, a monstrous bully, and a badass fairy.

Meriadoc McDaniel wants to kill his parents. How they could name him after a hobbit is beyond him. Merry is shy, spineless, a geek of humongous proportions, and gay. Everyone at school calls him Merry the Fairy. To add insult to injury, puberty is taking its agonizingly sweet time with him. Now a sen
ebook, 1st, 21 pages
Published May 24th 2013 by FREE READ first appearing in Inklings Newsletter (Harmony Ink Press)

To ask other readers questions about Fairy, please sign up.

C. Kennedy Thank you for raising the question, Jessica! I update this story ad lib. Due to my heaving writing schedule, I don't anticipate adding further…moreThank you for raising the question, Jessica! I update this story ad lib. Due to my heaving writing schedule, I don't anticipate adding further chapters to it until after June, 2016. Hang in there! There is more to come! Thank you for reading my stories!(less)

Deeze
This is a wonderfully amusing story about Fairies, there is also plenty of mystery and a growing romance.

Merry meets Quinn when Quinn steps in to stop Rick and his bullying. Along the way Merry discovers things about himself and about Quinn.

The detail of the fairies is wonderful and there is also a kind of Dragon for me to love lol.

Overall this is a simple but delightful read, ideal for anyone looking for a quick pick me up.

I look forward to reading part 2. There is so much story left untold
Kazza
Jun 05, 2013 Kazza rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
description

There is nothing like a Fairy kiss....

First of all, thank you to Cody Kennedy for this free ongoing LGBTQ YA story, Fairy. It covers timely teen issues in a positive way with some mystical elements amongst the contemporary theme of school bullying :)

Okay, chapter 10 is now available.

It is building nicely. I have Quinn and Merry love going on. And I am now addicted to this serial.

So far this is SO sweet. Really looking forward to see where it goes. Love Quinn and his Fairy-Kissing ways :) Merry
AnnaLund
4.5 stars, rounded up
For my honest and true view of this book, please read …MORE

Goodreads TOS-compliant review (I think, let me know when they tell us what the rules are):

"The book I just read is about two (or three) lovely people, written in beautiful language, by a very good and prolific author. I liked it very, very much.
It is for sale on Amazon.”

DISCLAIMER: My reviews now all have this pretty face, so that all and everyone on Goodreads can stay happy and beatific. I’ll let you know if I cha
Tara Rose
Jun 06, 2013 Tara Rose rated it it was amazing
I loved reading Fairy, it's like a breath of fresh air on my stagnant shelf of books.
Merry is a sensitive tormented character whom I think we could all associate with in one form or another.
Quinn is the hero we dream will walk into our lives and help us stand up for ourselves and will fall madly in love with us. Sighs.
Both are very believable characters, in the extract I've read and re-read, YES re-read, I want to read MORE of Fairy and can not wait.
I'm truly enjoying the unique style and humoro
Jeanne 'Divinae'
Sep 04, 2013 Jeanne 'Divinae' rated it it was amazing
I was just looking for something to pass the time. Then I found this (FREE!!) :-) I read right up to the latest chapter(14) I am loving it fully. I am looking forward to reading more. Quinn and Merry are wonderful. I am so happy that they were brought together. At first you think Merry was in more need of Quinn, but as you read further along, you realize that Quinn needed Merry also.

Poor Merry, he hasn't been thrown the best life. His poor mum is gone. Though his dad is still around, it is as i
.Lili.
Jul 16, 2014 .Lili. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
5 Stars for Book 1 of Fairy... Review to come. ♥
Claudia
May 14, 2014 Claudia rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful trip to the Fairy world this story took me.

Quinn has saved Merry from being bullied, and Merry couldn't fall fast enough for the gorgeous guy… Merry couldn’t believe anyone as gorgeous would take the time to save him, or spend time with him… From this point, their romance started to flourish, in the middle of bullies, funny demi-faes and demons…

I must sadly confess that it took me until this last weekend to read Fairy, and just because I would have to read it online - How silly
Cjean
Oct 28, 2013 Cjean rated it it was amazing
If you want to read a story that will make your heart ache and then fill you with optimism, this is the story for you. (but it is not preach-y)

C Kennedy blends the reality of bullying with the fantasy realm of the fae in a convincing story. With one foot in the "real" world and one in "Other" world, 'Fairy' strikes an excellent balance.

Kennedy totally draws you into Merry and Quinn's world.

Definitely a Goodread.
Serith
Jul 30, 2013 Serith rated it really liked it
This online series started off as a light coming of age story with darker themes of bullying, but it gradually developed into something colorful and enchanted. It’s ongoing, so who knows what way it will end up! This is my first time reading fiction straight off a blog, and I must say that it really enhanced the experience with Fairy. It was really innovative to have images to go along with the text. The author notes add an exclusive back-pass vibe and it is fun to read reactions to each chapter ...more
Damian Bloodstone
Aug 26, 2013 Damian Bloodstone rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
This story was the first of the YA M/M types I had ever read. I didn't really know what to expect, but I liked the idea of the Fae and from the posting he made on it, I was curiously intrigued.

Once reading the story, it entranced me with the manner in which Kennedy used his abilities to make me see beyond the gender of the characters and to the more important problems surrounding these two unique characters and their love for each other.

The Fae characters he has envisioned are unique and each w
Dianne Hartsock
Oct 17, 2013 Dianne Hartsock rated it really liked it
A sweet, lovely story of a lonely, tortured young man named Merry and the fairy prince who will do anything to keep him safe. Ah Quinn, the last chapter made me realize just how much you had to lose by loving Merry, and how much you had to gain. Can't wait for part 2 of this story!!
Pauline
Aug 24, 2013 Pauline rated it it was amazing
This was one of those enjoyable, light reads. I absolutely loved part 1 and can't wait for part 2 to see where Quin and Merry go from here. LOVE IT, Definitely worth reading and re-reading.
Mia Kerick
Feb 08, 2014 Mia Kerick rated it it was amazing
Fairy by Cody Kennedy should be a full-length novel.

Now that I said that, I feel better and I can offer my honest review.

I have never before read very much fantasy, as I feared I would not be able to relate to it. But because I enjoyed Omorphi and Safe by Cody Kennedy so much, I decided I would read his serial story, Fairy, from his website. Lucky for me, Cody had already written 20 chapters, so I wasn’t forced to wait for each of these segments to appear on his website. And I’m really glad th
Pam/Peejakers (PJ Faste)
Feb 10, 2014 Pam/Peejakers (PJ Faste) rated it really liked it
This is an ongoing serial, so there is more to come, but I’m all caught up for now so I thought I’d go ahead and write a review

I am really loving this story! I just recently discovered it & proceeded to read every chapter back-to- back in one day. Now I’m with the rest of the fans, can't wait for the next installment!
This is a very touching love story, a fairy-tale in every sense of the word, but one with a message about bullying & intolerance.

There are so many things to love in this.
Amy Spector
Nov 21, 2014 Amy Spector rated it really liked it
This story is still a work in progress. That being said, it is charming.

Written for a rather young audience, it seems like the perfect school age escapist daydream.

Meriadoc McDaniel (Merry) is a kid with a troubled school life and an even a more troubling home life. He is utterly alone. That is until Quinn, the new student in school, seems to take an interest in him.

Of course Quinn is no ordinary student. And it turns out Merry isn't an ordinary student either.

Very cute, and written with a very
Liz
Jun 05, 2013 Liz rated it it was amazing
I am excited to see where this goes as well. Having a kick-ass fairy by your side when the bullies come out to taunt you (and try to hurt you) would be awesome! Here's hoping Merry finds a way to keep his fairy while learning how to defend himself. Now...I wonder if I can wait until all chapters are posted before I read anymore?? This waiting is a killer!
Thank you, Cody. Once again you have my attention..
Sam
This is an in-progress blog serial. It is not finished, but I have read what is there. I will definitely read more when Cody writes and posts it. Thoroughly charming.
Jessica
Sep 01, 2015 Jessica rated it liked it
I really liked it! Very cute start that led into a mystery of sorts. Intrigue and deception seem to be coming (as soon as the story continues). I would love an update asap!
Sandy
Oct 08, 2013 Sandy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-lgbt
I've been following along with this series by C. Kennedy and have been absolutely loving it.

Do yourself a favor…check it out.
AliciaJ
May 07, 2014 AliciaJ rated it it was amazing
I just found this serial on Cody's website. It was sooooo good. I hope we get the rest of it soon.
Anna.E
Nov 20, 2014 Anna.E rated it really liked it
So far so good. I'm up to chapter 20.
Jade
This almost read like Twilight fanfic(don't get me wrong I was all about twilight fanfic when I was a freshman and sophomore in high school), but instead of vampires it was fairies, and instead of Edward and Bella we had Merry and Quinn. Maybe it was the high school setting and paranormal aspect that gives off the Twilight vibes.

It was an okay read, nothing amazing or terrible. Definitely not a memorable read, but something to kill time with.
Kitten Blue
Jun 06, 2014 Kitten Blue rated it it was ok
Well, it gets better as the story progresses - WAAAAY better - but it's incomplete, so. That's super annoying. Do you know what else is annoying? The fairies' weird, almost unintelligible accent! Dayum!
Minamigawa
Minamigawa rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2014
Alexis Woods
Alexis Woods rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2014
Dips
Dips rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2015
Jim McCauley
Jim McCauley rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2013
Author L. C. Bellami
Author L. C. Bellami rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2014
Nashia
Nashia rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Just Hit Send
  • Private Display of Affection
  • Deep in the Count
  • The Red Sheet
  • Not Letting Go (Not Letting Go, #1)
  • Finding Our Way (Finding Our Way, #1)
  • The Ordinary Us
  • Shawn's Voice
  • Unborn (Unborn, #1)
  • Awake
  • The Abyss Ver.1
  • Loving James (Surviving Elite High, #3)
  • Running with the Wind (Mermen of Ea, #3)
  • One Boy's Shadow
  • This High School Has Closets
  • Forever. I Promise.
  • Chemistry
  • Restraint
Raised on the mean streets and back lots of Hollywood by a Yoda-look-alike grandfather, award-winning author, Cody Kennedy, doesn’t conform, doesn’t fit in, is epic awkward, and lives to perfect a deep-seated oppositional defiance disorder. In a constant state of fascination with the trivial, Cody contemplates such weighty questions as: If time and space are curved, then where do all the straight ...more
More about C. Kennedy...

“Sadb spoke quickly, defensively. “Merry wish me return a message to ye, but ye did not give ye
say-so to do so. So, he wish ye say-so for me to do so on ye say-so. So, I use me mind’s eye to ask
ye say-so. Ye say so?” She abruptly fell mute.”
6 likes
“The moth batted its wings angrily at him as it twisted and spun gracelessly in the green blades. “For
Consort’s sake, throw us a lifeline and stop lettin’ death take me hand!”
3 likes