Start by marking “Fairy” as Want to Read:
Fairy

Fairy

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  21 reviews
A gay kid, a monstrous bully, and a badass fairy.

Meriadoc McDaniel wants to kill his parents. How they could name him after a hobbit is beyond him. Merry is shy, spineless, a geek of humongous proportions, and gay. Everyone at school calls him Merry the Fairy. To add insult to injury, puberty is taking its agonizingly sweet time with him. Now a senior in school, he touts f
ebook, 1st
Published May 24th 2013 by FREE READ first appearing in Inklings Newsletter (Harmony Ink Press)

To ask other readers questions about Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairy

Prince of Wolves by Quinn LoftisUnEnchanted by Chanda HahnThe Fallen Star by Jessica SorensenThe Mind Readers by Lori BrightonHollowland by Amanda Hocking
FREE Ebooks For Teens
72nd out of 481 books — 933 voters
Safe by C. KennedyAristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire SáenzBoy Meets Boy by David LevithanThe Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen ChboskyGeography Club by Brent Hartinger
LGBT Young Adult (YA) Literature
31st out of 225 books — 192 voters

More lists with this book...

Deeze
This is a wonderfully amusing story about Fairies, there is also plenty of mystery and a growing romance.

Merry meets Quinn when Quinn steps in to stop Rick and his bullying. Along the way Merry discovers things about himself and about Quinn.

The detail of the fairies is wonderful and there is also a kind of Dragon for me to love lol.

Overall this is a simple but delightful read, ideal for anyone looking for a quick pick me up.

I look forward to reading part 2. There is so much story left untold
Kazza
description

There is nothing like a Fairy kiss....

First of all, thank you to Cody Kennedy for this free ongoing LGBTQ YA story, Fairy. It covers timely teen issues in a positive way with some mystical elements amongst the contemporary theme of school bullying :)

Okay, chapter 10 is now available.

It is building nicely. I have Quinn and Merry love going on. And I am now addicted to this serial.

So far this is SO sweet. Really looking forward to see where it goes. Love Quinn and his Fairy-Kissing ways :) Merry
AnnaLund
4.5 stars, rounded up
For my honest and true view of this book, please read …MORE

Goodreads TOS-compliant review (I think, let me know when they tell us what the rules are):

"The book I just read is about two (or three) lovely people, written in beautiful language, by a very good and prolific author. I liked it very, very much.
It is for sale on Amazon.”

DISCLAIMER: My reviews now all have this pretty face, so that all and everyone on Goodreads can stay happy and beatific. I’ll let you know if I cha
Tara Rose
I loved reading Fairy, it's like a breath of fresh air on my stagnant shelf of books.
Merry is a sensitive tormented character whom I think we could all associate with in one form or another.
Quinn is the hero we dream will walk into our lives and help us stand up for ourselves and will fall madly in love with us. Sighs.
Both are very believable characters, in the extract I've read and re-read, YES re-read, I want to read MORE of Fairy and can not wait.
I'm truly enjoying the unique style and humoro
Jeanne
I was just looking for something to pass the time. Then I found this (FREE!!) :-) I read right up to the latest chapter(14) I am loving it fully. I am looking forward to reading more. Quinn and Merry are wonderful. I am so happy that they were brought together. At first you think Merry was in more need of Quinn, but as you read further along, you realize that Quinn needed Merry also.

Poor Merry, he hasn't been thrown the best life. His poor mum is gone. Though his dad is still around, it is as i
Claudia
What a wonderful trip to the Fairy world this story took me.

Quinn has saved Merry from being bullied, and Merry couldn't fall fast enough for the gorgeous guy… Merry couldn’t believe anyone as gorgeous would take the time to save him, or spend time with him… From this point, their romance started to flourish, in the middle of bullies, funny demi-faes and demons…

I must sadly confess that it took me until this last weekend to read Fairy, and just because I would have to read it online - How silly
Lili
5 Stars for Book 1 of Fairy... Review to come. ...more
Cjean
If you want to read a story that will make your heart ache and then fill you with optimism, this is the story for you. (but it is not preach-y)

C Kennedy blends the reality of bullying with the fantasy realm of the fae in a convincing story. With one foot in the "real" world and one in "Other" world, 'Fairy' strikes an excellent balance.

Kennedy totally draws you into Merry and Quinn's world.

Definitely a Goodread.
Serith
This online series started off as a light coming of age story with darker themes of bullying, but it gradually developed into something colorful and enchanted. It’s ongoing, so who knows what way it will end up! This is my first time reading fiction straight off a blog, and I must say that it really enhanced the experience with Fairy. It was really innovative to have images to go along with the text. The author notes add an exclusive back-pass vibe and it is fun to read reactions to each chapter ...more
Damian Bloodstone
Oct 28, 2013 Damian Bloodstone rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
This story was the first of the YA M/M types I had ever read. I didn't really know what to expect, but I liked the idea of the Fae and from the posting he made on it, I was curiously intrigued.

Once reading the story, it entranced me with the manner in which Kennedy used his abilities to make me see beyond the gender of the characters and to the more important problems surrounding these two unique characters and their love for each other.

The Fae characters he has envisioned are unique and each w
Dianne Hartsock
A sweet, lovely story of a lonely, tortured young man named Merry and the fairy prince who will do anything to keep him safe. Ah Quinn, the last chapter made me realize just how much you had to lose by loving Merry, and how much you had to gain. Can't wait for part 2 of this story!!
Pauline
This was one of those enjoyable, light reads. I absolutely loved part 1 and can't wait for part 2 to see where Quin and Merry go from here. LOVE IT, Definitely worth reading and re-reading.
Pam/Peejakers (PJ Faste)
This is an ongoing serial, so there is more to come, but I’m all caught up for now so I thought I’d go ahead and write a review

I am really loving this story! I just recently discovered it & proceeded to read every chapter back-to- back in one day. Now I’m with the rest of the fans, can't wait for the next installment!
This is a very touching love story, a fairy-tale in every sense of the word, but one with a message about bullying & intolerance.

There are so many things to love in this.
Mia Kerick
Fairy by Cody Kennedy should be a full-length novel.

Now that I said that, I feel better and I can offer my honest review.

I have never before read very much fantasy, as I feared I would not be able to relate to it. But because I enjoyed Omorphi and Safe by Cody Kennedy so much, I decided I would read his serial story, Fairy, from his website. Lucky for me, Cody had already written 20 chapters, so I wasn’t forced to wait for each of these segments to appear on his website. And I’m really glad th
Amy Spector
This story is still a work in progress. That being said, it is charming.

Written for a rather young audience, it seems like the perfect school age escapist daydream.

Meriadoc McDaniel (Merry) is a kid with a troubled school life and an even a more troubling home life. He is utterly alone. That is until Quinn, the new student in school, seems to take an interest in him.

Of course Quinn is no ordinary student. And it turns out Merry isn't an ordinary student either.

Very cute, and written with a very
Anna.E
So far so good. I'm up to chapter 20.
Liz
I am excited to see where this goes as well. Having a kick-ass fairy by your side when the bullies come out to taunt you (and try to hurt you) would be awesome! Here's hoping Merry finds a way to keep his fairy while learning how to defend himself. Now...I wonder if I can wait until all chapters are posted before I read anymore?? This waiting is a killer!
Thank you, Cody. Once again you have my attention..
Sam
This is an in-progress blog serial. It is not finished, but I have read what is there. I will definitely read more when Cody writes and posts it. Thoroughly charming.
Sandym
I've been following along with this series by C. Kennedy and have been absolutely loving it.

Do yourself a favor…check it out.
Lux
Lux marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Dianna
Dianna added it
May 16, 2015
Driima
Driima marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Youblowgoo
Youblowgoo marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Delores Moore sauer
Delores Moore sauer marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Just Hit Send
  • Deep in the Count
  • The Red Sheet
  • Not Letting Go (Not Letting Go, #1)
  • Drifting (Finding Our Way, #3)
  • One Boy's Shadow
  • Awake
  • The Ordinary Us
  • Eight Seconds
  • Shawn's Voice
  • The Blue Lawn
  • The Price of Falling
  • Teenage Rewrite
  • Surviving Elite High (Surviving Elite High, #1)
  • The Soccer Field Is Empty (Gay Youth Chronicles, #3)
  • Always Joey
  • Kamikaze Boys
  • He's The One
Raised on the mean streets and back lots of Hollywood by a Yoda-look-alike grandfather, Cody doesn’t conform, doesn’t fit in, is epic awkward, and lives to perfect a deep-seated oppositional defiance disorder. In a constant state of fascination with the trivial, Cody contemplates such weighty questions as: If time and space are curved, then where do all the straight people come from? When not writ ...more
More about C. Kennedy...
Safe Omorphi Slaying Isidore's Dragons Tharros The Red Sheet

“Sadb spoke quickly, defensively. “Merry wish me return a message to ye, but ye did not give ye
say-so to do so. So, he wish ye say-so for me to do so on ye say-so. So, I use me mind’s eye to ask
ye say-so. Ye say so?” She abruptly fell mute.”
6 likes
“The moth batted its wings angrily at him as it twisted and spun gracelessly in the green blades. “For
Consort’s sake, throw us a lifeline and stop lettin’ death take me hand!”
3 likes