Start by marking “P.G. Wodehouse in His Own Words” as Want to Read:
P.G. Wodehouse in His Own Words

P.G. Wodehouse in His Own Words

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Acclaimed author and lifelong Wodehouse admirer, Barry Day, tells the story of P. G. Wodehouse's life, through the comic master's own writing and with the help of Tony Ring, president of the International Wodehouse Association. Beautifully illustrated and full of the brilliant wordplay and hilarity that characterize Wodehouse's novels, stories, letters, and nonfiction, P.G ...more
Published April 28th 2003 by Overlook Hardcover (first published November 29th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about P.G. Wodehouse in His Own Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about P.G. Wodehouse in His Own Words

Toni
Jan 13, 2012 Toni rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Toni by: I love this author's works!
This book is made up of quotes from Wodehouse’s fiction, plays, musicals, letters, and essays chosen by Barry Day and Tony Ring to reveal the man behind the works with little commentary. I, too, will follow the same pattern and let Wodehouse speak for himself.

BIRTH: “If you ask me to tell you frankly if I like the names Pelham Grenville, I must confess that I do not. . . .At the font, I remember protesting vigorously when the clergyman uttered them, but he stuck to his point.”
CHOICE of PET: “Pek
Mike Fenimore
I am taking four masters courses in international relations which force me to read dry textbooks but still find time to read this delightful shap shot into this comedic genius.
Geert
Geert marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Brian Ritchie
Brian Ritchie marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Christopher Roden
Christopher Roden marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Shail Mohan
Shail Mohan marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Noelle
Noelle marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Beam
Beam added it
Feb 26, 2014
Laura Salas
Laura Salas marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Joice
Joice marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Paul J
Paul J marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Shar
Shar marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Cindy
Cindy added it
Apr 27, 2013
Alex Naidus
Alex Naidus marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Sherlock Holmes and the Copycat Murders  Oscar Wilde: A Life in Quotes This Wooden "O": Shakespeare's Globe Reborn: Achieving an American's Dream Sherlock Holmes and the Seven Deadly Sins Murders Sherlock Holmes: In His Own Words and in the Words of Those Who Knew Him