Start by marking “Easy Bake Coven (Vivienne French, #1)” as Want to Read:
Easy Bake Coven (Vivienne French, #1)

Easy Bake Coven (Vivienne Finch Series #1)

Vivienne Finch is a woman of many talents. A skilled baker; She is set to open her new business, Sweet Dreams Bakery. A successful diplomat; Managing to dodge over a dozen attempts by her mother to marry off her 'on the wrong side of 35' daughter. Hereditary witch; She's gifted with magic but murder and mayhem follow along all too often. When the Mayor's wife is found stab ...more
Published May 26th 2013 by Createspace (first published May 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Easy Bake Coven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Easy Bake Coven

George G
Jun 07, 2013 George G rated it it was amazing
What a great book! Very well written and a true page-turner! The author created a wonderful world and fantastic characters.
Sharon
Jun 06, 2013 Sharon rated it it was amazing
this book is so refreshing! a great new plot "outside the box" the author has an amazing mind that looks at things just a little differntly. cannot wait for the rest of the series to unfold!
Joan
Jun 11, 2013 Joan rated it it was amazing
Cute fun read. Great for summer! Love the references to the Finger Lake Region of NY.
Elizabeth Arrowood
Jul 22, 2013 Elizabeth Arrowood rated it really liked it
This was a really fun weekend read. A little more morbid than I expected but, for me, that is a good thing indeed.

I was shocked to discover that this book was written by a man. That may be a sexist comment, but the book totally reads like a woman wrote it. I actually thought it was pretty cool. :)

The romance here was very sweet, but it felt a little rushed to me at some point. Like they were both very comfortable being in love right away. It just didn't ring very true to me.

The characters were g
Adrienne Testa
Jul 17, 2013 Adrienne Testa rated it really liked it
This is a don't hurt yourself thinking in the summer heat type of series. Vivienne Finch is a baker, finally ready to open her open bakery, when the mayor's wife is killed behind her shop. All is not well in this sleepy little town, good witches, bad witches and werewolves roam freely. As Vivienne tries to solve the murder of the mayor's wife and free an innocent woman. She learns from her nana she is a hereditary witch and will need to learn all about her history. The characters are likable and ...more
Sue Ross
Jun 28, 2013 Sue Ross rated it it was amazing
When I first started this book, I wasn't sure about it. The mix of mystery, witches, werewolves and the undead is something I've never read before, but I was going to try it. As it turns out, I got totally engrossed in it and didn't even realize I had read the whole thing. The characters are great. The plot was one that drew me in and didn't let me go until the very end. Now I can't wait for the next one to come out.
Melodie
Jun 22, 2013 Melodie rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2015
OMG..........this was REALLY bad. Some of the food sounded good, but other than that, stay far away from this one. Poorly written and characters that I couldn't possibly have cared any less about. Mediocre mystery.
Brian
Jun 07, 2013 Brian rated it it was amazing
Thanks J.D. Hope to return to Cayuga Cove soon.
Andrew
Apr 28, 2015 Andrew rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ibrc-2
Every October, I love to read books that help put me in the mood for my favorite holiday - Halloween! Looking online for books this year, I was immediately interested in Easy Bake Coven by J.D. Shaw - the synopsis teased magic and mystery... and baked goods! I knew I'd found my book for October.

Easy Bake Coven picks up a few days before Vivienne Finch plans to open Sweet Dreams Bakery in Cayuga Cove, a small town in upstate New York. She's in the final stages of launching her business when her m
Beth
This is really 2.5 stars for me. The personalities of Vivienne Finch and her deputy boyfriend are too similiar to be more than just a little interesting as a couple; this is book one though so perhaps that will change as the characters are developed more. The plot started out well, and I liked the fact the author did not immediately reveal the hidden talents of the characters. As the story developed though, I never really got the sense that Vivienne was solving the crime, so much as the author w ...more
Dharia Scarab
Aug 20, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it liked it

4 sta
Pat Plummer
Jul 04, 2016 Pat Plummer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the new series

I just finished the first book in this series, which is new to me. Have found it terrific. Only thing missing was a recipe for her famous cake. The plot set in a small town community was very realistic, and the personalities were well drawn . The interplay of two different branches, so to speak, of witchcraft was intriguing. Small town squabbles turned into big time crime. I highly recommend this book , and there are more and the series.
Leslie
Dec 27, 2014 Leslie rated it really liked it
Short light read during holidays. This could have used some proof reading. The bakery sounds like a nice little shop, but might be hard to keep open while Vivienne is learning witchcraft and running around solving mysteries and murders.
Debbie
Aug 29, 2013 Debbie rated it really liked it
Nicely written and kept me interested from first to last page. Can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Katie
Mar 24, 2015 Katie rated it really liked it
A fun book. Well done easy read ~ baking, mystery, witches, werewolf - what more is needed for escapist, relaxing read.
Sandy
Oct 08, 2013 Sandy rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was a light read and I really liked the characters. I am not sure if I will continue the series but everything she made sure sounds delicious.
Pamela
Feb 05, 2016 Pamela rated it liked it
Was good mystery. Kept you guessing who dunnit. Probably will not continue with this series.
Susan Parks
Apr 16, 2015 Susan Parks rated it liked it
A cozy paranormal mystery/romance, which tries to be all things to all people and partly succeeds.
Debbie Lewis walker
Debbie Lewis walker rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2014
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2015
Bonnie Drummond
Bonnie Drummond rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was ok
Aug 18, 2016
Jacob Shaw
Jacob Shaw rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2016
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was ok
May 27, 2014
Jessica C
Jessica C rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2015
Rob Roeder
Rob Roeder rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2013
gayda dahl
gayda dahl rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2015
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
May 11, 2014
penny
penny rated it liked it
May 11, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Lemon Pies and Little White Lies (A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery, #4)
  • Magic and Macaroons (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #5)
  • A Familiar Tail (Witch's Cat Mystery, #1)
  • Spells & Stitches (Sugar Maple, #4)
  • Some Like It Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #5)
  • What's a Witch to Do? (A Midnight Magic Mystery #1)
  • Horse of a Different Killer (Call of the Wilde #3)
  • Looking for Mr. Good Witch (Retired Witches Mystery, #2)
  • A Batter of Life and Death (A Bakeshop Mystery, #2)
  • A Killing Notion (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery, #5)
  • Silence of the Lamb's Wool (Yarn Retreat Mystery, #2)
  • Tulle Death Do Us Part (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #6)
  • By Magic Alone (Magic, #4)
  • Criminal Confections (A Chocolate Whisperer Mystery #1)
J.D. Shaw has always been drawn to the creative arts and all things spooky, even as a young child. Good grades eluded him in art class because no matter what the subject, he would always add a skeleton, pumpkin, witch, or bat into the mix. Why? Because he loved Halloween more than any other holiday and his mother has the picture of him at four years old kissing his carved pumpkin goodnight to prov ...more
More about J.D. Shaw...

Vivienne Finch Series (3 books)
  • Yule Be the Death of Me (Vivienne Finch, #2)
  • Body Bags & Blarney (Vivienne Finch, #3)